1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Stoops Situation???

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by SOONER44EVER, Jan 2, 2006.

1. BASSooner

BASSooner New Member

Papers are saying that Stoops is just a candidate not the number 1 target. Their are like 4 other targets. Lots are saying that herm edwards is going to take the job.

2. achiro

achiro SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Didn't he flat out say in an interview like a week ago that he had no interest in a different job at this time?

3. BASSooner

BASSooner New Member

details?

4. LifelongSooner

LifelongSooner New Member

I heard Mangino has thrown his hat into the ring too. He thought they said Chefs. :D

Now that I've had time to have some liquid nourishment, and think, I don't think this is going to happen. It's not about money. Bob is a millionaire and his wife is too. They built a house. They have young kids. Bob and his old friend, who just happened to be owner of the Chiefs, got together and chatted about old times. It just happened to be in KC where it happened.

I feel better now. I know that I can just write off tomorrow as being totally unproductive at work, while I scan the internet for the "latest."

5. Norm In Norman

Norm In Norman Adminstrator of PAIN

I am telling you guys for 100% sure right now that Stoops is not going to be the KC head coach this year and when they name the new coach I am going to ttt this thread by quoting myself just to prove how right I was and how wrong all of you losers are. You guys are going to feel SOOOOOOO inferior to me.

6. SoonerinSouthlake

SoonerinSouthlake Well-Known Member

do we REALLY have to get suckered into this again this year.
    I can just hear ESPN radio tomorrow....."The University of Oklahoma has given Bob Stoops an additional 2MM per year to remain the head Coach".

I would bet my last dime that he comes home to dinner after the last game of the season discussing with his wife how much head coaching vacancies will earn for him in the off season despite his consistent stance that he really does like coaching the Sooners

7. Al Gore

Al Gore New Member

Norm......Did your wife tell you to say that???

8. jbstrick

jbstrick New Member

Many of us feel inferior already, Lord Administrator.

:)

9. OUinFLA

OUinFLA Older Clique Member

I already feel inferior to you.
    I mean, like, you're an admin and all, you know?

10. Norm In Norman

Well ... then MORE SO.

11. JLB

JLB New Member

Hey is that the dog off of Pee Wees Big Adventure on your avatar.

12. NickZeppelin

NickZeppelin New Member

If he is offered the job I think it's 50/50 if he goes. I wasn't being serious in my other post. But I don't think he gets offered the job.

13. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Salom your hinneyness

14. achiro

achiro SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Dang, I don't know. It was one of those San Diego interviews that kept getting posted last week. Do a search.

15. BASSooner

BASSooner New Member

even if he is offered the job he wont take it.

16. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Are you all done yet?

Dean Blevins?

A source?

He had to leak that just because Bob would make him last to know and he just about ****ed his pants when he got an inside scoop.

I bet the insider is LHAO.

17. Beano's Fourth Chin

Beano's Fourth Chin you're fired

If you are wrong, I'm going to ttt this thread and any wal-mart thread I can find.

18. Norm In Norman

Yes. it's a tribute to reputation.

19. westcoast_sooner

westcoast_sooner Well-Known Member

I'm thinking he had a lot of fun this year because he was more hands-on than he had been over the last several years. Next year is gonna be much of the same - young team and some young coaches (Heupel). If that's what he enjoys, the money won't be able to take him out of OU.

20. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

heh, i never thought of that