1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Stoops Situation???

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by SOONER44EVER, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Al Gore

Al Gore New Member

Admin fight......

2. Norm In Norman

Norm In Norman Adminstrator of PAIN

OH YEAH! Well, by the time you ttt this thread, I will have changed my post to the opposite. Then I will change YOUR post to say how awesome I am. Then if you change something back I will claim that you have been changing posts to make me look foolish.

Or MAYBE I'll just cut out the middle man and do that last thing.

3. Rocker

Rocker New Member

hahahha!! nice.... So theres no way anyone can win except YOU!! haahhaha

4. JohnnyMack

JohnnyMack SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I like waffles.

5. BOOMERBRADLEY

BOOMERBRADLEY Well-Known Member

Leggo my Eggo

6. BASSooner

BASSooner New Member

My folks think that they just can't see him leaving to become a head coach. My buddies say that he isn't up for the job at KC:) So there everything is settled.

7. UTisLousy

UTisLousy New Member

If it happens I think Randy Shannon should be the guy. I think personally he would be the perfect guy.

8. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

[​IMG]

9. Egeo

Egeo New Member

heupel - say you were kidding
    price - too old (and he said he was going to stay at utep)
    shannon - is a good choice
    as well as chiznik or borges

i dont think leach would leave tech, although i cant really give you a valid reason other than he's working on building stuff at tech - and he probably wants to build tech up instead of taking over something great (since hes on the edge of something great all by himself)
    and after seeing tech give their best offensive player the ball all of 9 times today, im not too keen on it

kragthorpe is a good choice, but would he leave tulsa for another instate program?

long cant come back, or it would be pretty crappy of him to do so

maybe we could turn the program over to venerables... but im not too hot on that idea although it might be the best option

having said all that, i dont think/hope stoops will leave

i like gregg williams of the redskins
    and i dont think the jets should fire herm edwards, if they do, ill take him (not over bob)

*you also need to look at alabama's defensive coordinator kines
    and maybe ohio state's too
    norm chow...
    realistically, we'd have to promote venerables over any other college coordinators

10. BASSooner

BASSooner New Member

Stoops aint leavin buddy, dont worry.

11. OUinFLA

OUinFLA Older Clique Member

12. GDC

GDC New Member

Don't coaches always say that right up to when they accept a new job?

13. Octavian

Octavian SoonerFans.com Elite Member

True. I just don't believe it in Bob's nature to be a bull****ter. Hope I'm not wrong.

14. noose7699

noose7699 New Member

chill people.. it's the Florida gators thing from 2002 all over again... it's just the media settin us up for ratings, and to see how we react.. Stoops aint goin nowhere, and our beloved Sooners take home the crown a yr from now..... I'm willin to bet somethin huge on that one...

15. Readyfor8

Readyfor8 New Member

There is no way Heupel comes in only to have his HC leave, there is simply no way Bob brings Josh in to this job only to leave him in a lurch after one game in the booth. There is no way Chuck Long leaves for SDSU only to have a snubbing for the HC job. I know fans don't like him, but he wouldn't bail the ship when he has friends and a vacancy opening up.

Vermeil isn't a spur of the moment fire, he is a retiring coach that made this decision a long long time ago. If they could have sealed the deal with Stoops during the season they would have and we wouldn't be discussing what if's now.

If Stoops does this, I will be sad but, he will always be a legend here, and there is no changing that. But his actions after losing his OC, and the fact that he won't take his staff with him to the NFL adds up to alot of talk and no chance at success. This isn't going through.

16. BASSooner

BASSooner New Member

no

17. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

If Mack goes to Houston, I'll take the whorn job.

I promise you Sooners a really good game next year. ;)

18. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

There are tons of good reasons why Leach would come back to OU. Facilities, money, recruiting power, fanbase, tradition. I think he'd take it in a heartbeat.

:confused: Of course he would. Tulsa to OU is a huge upgrade. If Bill Self would leave ORU to go to Tulsa, I'm pretty sure Kragthorpe would be OK with moving to OU.

Who's 'venerables'?

19. LifelongSooner

LifelongSooner New Member

So I'm heading off to bed now, only to spend the night tossing and turning. Then I have to hit the computer when I get up, to see if there is any news. I can already tell that my New Year's Resolution not to spend as much time on the internet at work will fall by the wayside.

Hopefully it's much ado about nothing.

20. 1991SOONER

1991SOONER Guest

I made the same resolution. And I already broke it after 1 day. Can't get on soonerfans.com though, our firewall won't let me through.