1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Stoops Situation???

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by SOONER44EVER, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Roll Tide...It's rollin...!

2. BASSooner

BASSooner New Member

BOB STOOPS WILLL NOT LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hear this now! The NFL is just not his style! College coaches these days seem to be more into what they do here. They are heros in the college world. Plus! The salary he is getting is GREAT!!!!!

3. goingoneight

goingoneight I said Biiiiiiiitch--

We're not ready to lose a guy like Bob, damnit! Personally, I see anyone as crazy to leave a power-house college team to coach the NFL... Good money yes, but free-agency and the draft setting you up to fail will put any good coach today in the ground. Look at Pete Carroll, people love him where he's at, but the NFL made him look like a complete joke!
    We love you here, Bob! Please think about traditional football before biting on the NFL's bait. Many great years are ahead of you at OU, whereas the NFL could see you laughed out of your stadium.
    I hate the NFL, today. No one on the teams they play for give a rip about the city they are representing. No one is from, nor cares about the city/state they are playing for... its all about money and excessive celebration. The media would fry a good guy like Bob if he had a tough season in the NFL... He's had a tough year here, and people still see his greatness and respect him.

4. RacerX

RacerX SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If he goes, he goes.

Not a thing we can do about it.

5. goingoneight

He loves to teach too. Teaching really isn't an option in the NFL... they're pro's. He really gets into mentoring and developing young talent, as I have seen. Watch the National Championship victory post-game show of 2000, or any of his other bowl game/conference titles/rival game victories... He really does like it... it's only a question of what he likes more... Tradition, teaching and respect... or gambling with your job on the line for a team who doesn't really represent anything other than an NFL franchise.

6. BASSooner

BASSooner New Member

exactly in the NFL. It is ALL about money. Lot of players don't even care how well the team is doing as long as they get their paycheck.

7. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Price might have forever poisoned himself for another Big-time program, such as OU. The fiasco he landed for himself in Alabama is permanent baggage, I think.

8. JLB

JLB New Member

If I could give out speks,you would get one.That's exactly right.The NFL stands for Not For Long.There is no honesty in that league whatsoever.One bad season and they would call it "The curse of Spurrier" or some shi$ like that.
    Bob is a good man,and I could not stand to see him become the laughingstock of the NFL like Steve Spurrier did.It ruined his career.

9. goingoneight

TRAIN YOUR OWN DAMN COACHES, KANSAS... WE ALREADY GAVE YOU MANGINO!

10. BASSooner

BASSooner New Member

Don't worry man. Stoops is a traditional man and loves to teach. That stuff just does not happen in the NFL. He's already turned down Jacksonville and Cleveland, so why would he not turn down KC?

11. goingoneight

The only pro-team I ever had any interest in was the Dallas team a few years back with Aikman, Irvin, Smith (and Switzer :))

12. OUinFLA

OUinFLA Older Clique Member

at least it isnt florida talking about how they have a lock on BS.
    Well, they do have a lock on bs, just not Bob Stoops.

13. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think the Chiefs play in Kansas City, Missouri....but it's close to Kansas.

14. goingoneight

Personally I would love to see Bob land a number of National Titles and retire one day old, and gray from OU. Sort of like his mentor, Snyder. But with whatever future we (OU) earn as a team...

15. goingoneight

I was kidding of course! :)

Mangino=college football
    KC= NFL

:)!

16. JLB

JLB New Member

The NFL is like the color BURNT ORANGE.IT MAKES ME WANNA PUKE.

17. JLB

JLB New Member

Hell give him a raise.I'll go enrole at OU and they can give him the money.

18. oumartin

oumartin New Member

yes, i hate all things NFL

19. goingoneight

If one day, the NFL would stop the whole "what's fair is fair" and the recruiting/drafting situation ended up something like high school-to-college recruiting... I probably wouldn't hate it so much...
    But then again, the only dominant forces would be in Texas and California... Much like a few years back with Dallas and San Fransisco.

Surely someone will get OL' WEISS a call for KC... PLEASE! If you act now, we'll throw in a fresh Vince young with him! :)

20. BASSooner

BASSooner New Member

NFL=no competition