View Full Version : End of the BIG XII - THREAD FOR ALL REALIGNMENT DISCUSSION

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14

SoonerLaw09
9/14/2011, 04:17 PM
DOLLAR SIGNS!

That's right.

King Barry's Back
9/15/2011, 06:11 AM
Do you lIve in Oklahoma?? If so you might want to take a little day trip outside of the Metro and see what you find. I've lived here all my life so I can say this...We are what we are, and I love it. If it weren't for Arkansas, we'd be last in everything! I think you are just proving my point with your last comment. We'll be fine whereever we land. Heck everyone is going to hate OU anyway b/c we in all the time. If we roll up in the PAC, it'll be like Cousin Eddie visiting Clark Griswold for Christmas...Which is fine. I travel a lot with my job, and it is alsways fun to see people's reactions when they find out where i'm from. It's usually a look of "wait you have an airport there?" crossed with "But you have all your teeth!" My gut tells me its going to be west, but i'd rather go east.

My wife worked for a professional association in Washington, DC. Her assoc was hosting a national convention. They were going down a roster of states, checking to see if that state's delegation had confirmed for the meeting. When they got to OK, and heard the answer confirmed, the others giggled "They are probably coming in covered wagons!" haha

When I was new to a job in DC metro area, and folks were starting to meet me, a 50 yr old woman from California asked where I was from. When I said "Oklahoma," she shuddered, and said, "I bet you are glad to get out of there!" No haha. She sincerely meant it and never dreamed that I would be offended by her statement.

AlboSooner
9/15/2011, 09:15 AM
Outside of the capitol and the main tourist attractions, DC is a crime ridden dump. Id even choose south side okc over DC.

SoonerMom2
9/15/2011, 10:31 AM
Outside of the capitol and the main tourist attractions, DC is a crime ridden dump. Id even choose south side okc over DC.

You have that right! Why would I care what a bunch of snobs think about Oklahoma? I love living in Norman -- best place I have ever lived and we were transferred a lot. Worst place -- New England and that whole northeast. They can have it with their rude people and arrogance. I will take Oklahoma any day and feel really good each time I drive and see the signs Welcome to Oklahoma when I have been out of the state.

ouflak
9/15/2011, 10:56 AM
You have that right! Why would I care what a bunch of snobs think about Oklahoma? I love living in Norman -- best place I have ever lived and we were transferred a lot. Worst place -- New England and that whole northeast. They can have it with their rude people and arrogance. I will take Oklahoma any day and feel really good each time I drive and see the signs Welcome to Oklahoma when I have been out of the state.

Careful. We might end up in the Big East if things go really badly. And then things are going to be weird between you and all of those new conference teams.

Bourbon St Sooner
9/15/2011, 12:17 PM
fail.

Damn! Premature again!

SoonerMom2
9/15/2011, 12:41 PM
Careful. We might end up in the Big East if things go really badly. And then things are going to be weird between you and all of those new conference teams.

Do you know how bad that would be if we were in the Big East? My inlaws come from that part of the Country. UGH! Would rather be kicked to death by grasshoppers than be in the Big East with all the arrogance of their fans. :)

OklahomaSooners
9/15/2011, 05:44 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6974572/oklahoma-sooners-regents-meet-big-12-conference-affiliation-monday

MountainOkie
9/15/2011, 05:55 PM

Oklahoma does have the nicest people of anywhere I've ever been. By far.

Maranatha
9/15/2011, 06:49 PM
Let em think what they want about Oklahoma. I would rather be here than anywhere in the world. Does make you wonder though how educated people think we are so backwoods we don't even have indoor plumbing. Sitting around the barracks one night and a guy from Pa. asked me if Indians were as bad in Oklahoma as he had heard they were. I looked at an Okie buddy and replyed...."So damn bad you can't even get on a stagecoach."

King Barry's Back
9/15/2011, 09:38 PM
The only trouble I heard about the POD system is that the WAC tried it out already and it wind up breaking the league.

Plus, from the latest I read from Herr Brown ut's minister of propaganda, ut is looking at:

1. going forward with the remnants of the Big12,
2. moving to the ACC,
3. moving to the Big 10,
4. PAC
5. going independant.

In that order. Such is the university's love for the LHN. I don't think they'll go PAC.

I'm not buying that TX really wants to go to the ACC. This all my own speculation, but I think this is more of a feint to gain leverage against the other conferences (PAC 12, Big 10, SEC). Under current agreements, those conferences would certainly want to add TX, but would force the 'horns to give up or modify their damn network.

The ACC would not, therefore, TX pretends to be smitten with the ACC to put pressure on their real loves to reconsider on LHN.

And it's also a bit of a fallback in case everything else does fall through.

Impossible to know this, unless TX's president is shockingly inept, but the ACC just doesn't make much sense, for any reason, especially considering that FSU wants to jump.

BASSooner
9/15/2011, 09:43 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6974572/oklahoma-sooners-regents-meet-big-12-conference-affiliation-monday

saw this also. I bet 5% of the meeting talks about where they want to go and the remaining 95% deals with what legal issues to dodge and deal with

King Barry's Back
9/15/2011, 09:49 PM
I get that some people have serious reservations about letting the B12 die. I like the B12. Even w/out Nebraska.

I like that the middle of the country has a conference all its own. My biggest fear is that we'll go PAC and we'll be told what to do for the next hundred years.

But...this isn't exactly stable. The leaders we have now are the best we've ever had, and if they think it's in our best interests to go west, I'll be for that too. They have the info, and they're privy to a lot that they'll never tell us. Who knows what's gone on behind the scenes.

If we're going PAC, I'll be excited about it. Sorry things couldn't have turned out differently here...we fought for it to survive. But if OU goes to the West, it'll be good for us too.

Hey, Oct, great post and I agree with almost everything you typed. Just want to throw one thought out there that's a little off the board.

Most, including myself, have been looking at these realignments as "100 year decisions," meaning that they are pretty permanent for a generation or more. How long has the original Big 10 been together? The original Big 6? The four Southwest Conference refugees now in our Big XII sinking ship?

But what if that's not the case any longer? What if we've entered a new and much more dynamic landscape for college sports?

If team A goes west and gets bossed around, why wouldn't team A go shopping elsewhere?

Take a look. The old, traditional, venerable TAM is going to have been a member of three completely different conferences w/i twenty years. What else do you need to see that the old century-long rivalries of the past may be dead and buried?

I think this would be a terrible development long-term, but I thought a lot of things were terrible developments (how 'bout ending the every-year OU-Nebraska rivalry?), and they still happened.

King Barry's Back
9/15/2011, 10:11 PM

That's not true at all. DC itself was much worse in 95 when I first moved there (the tenure of infamous former "mayor for life" Marion Barry was really a disaster for the city), but DC is a transformed place today, with vigorous development and gentrification of neighborhoods throughout the District.

Never mind that the District itself is really just the core of a thriving, major metropolis and is surrounded by three of the 10 highest income counties in the United States.

So, you're characterization of DC as crime ridden swamp is really a decade out of date, and in any case would fail to capture the metro area as a whole.

And if you'd prefer OKC to the East Coast, that probably means that you prefer wide-open spaces, lack of stress and crowds, and other amenities associated with a more rural life-style to the congested mess that exists inside and just outside the Capitol Beltway.

However, that doesn't change the fact that many folks in the East see Oklahoma as nearly a third world destination -- which is what my original post was meant to convey.

My original post was meant in part to show how ridiculous Eastern stereotypes of us can be, but I guess Sooners can be equally guilty of stereotyping other areas of the world?

Another little anecdote: When I first travelled to NYC, 20 years ago, from OK, the taxi driver that took me in from the airport found out I was from Oklahoma. His eyes got really big, and he said, "Do you still have trouble with the Indians?" I said "What are you talking about?"

He said something like, "Do you have many killed? Are you worried about that?" I said, "It's been a hundred years since that stuff happened."

delhalew
9/15/2011, 10:37 PM
I always liked the ones that thought everyone still rode horses...like to the grocery store and ****. Also, that naders drop out of the sky constantly. OK, that ones valid.

SoonerMom2
9/15/2011, 10:43 PM
At Rudy's BBQ NE of San Antonio at Boerne Stage Road, they do ride horses down from The Dominion to get BBQ -- they have horse posts (whatever you call them) outside the three restaurants there. Chances are you are going to see some people ride in on horses to get some food if you go there enough. Also have seen it in Boerne, TX, at the Mexican restaurant when a truck turned over with cattle and the Texas Rangers on their horses recruited the Sheriff and ranchers to go round them up and came into town to eat. Have seen horse riders at the local meat market there as well.

Haven't seen it here in Norman -- only in Texas! :)

3rdgensooner
9/15/2011, 11:18 PM
My original post was meant in part to show how ridiculous Eastern stereotypes of us can be, but I guess Sooners can be equally guilty of stereotyping other areas of the world?
Indeed

OU Adonis
9/15/2011, 11:34 PM
He said something like, "Do you have many killed? Are you worried about that?" I said, "It's been a hundred years since that stuff happened."

Its more a reflection of their ignorance than anything. I don't disagree with what you say, it just proves they are uneducated about other parts of the USA.

Anaxamander
9/16/2011, 12:49 PM
The fact that people would try to argue--with a straight face--that Oklahoma is more like the west coast than the south is down right laughable to me. I'm not going to go so far as to say Oklahoma is the south, but Oklahoma is certainly a close cousin to the south, and in comparison, the west coast is an alien creature to both.

I'm not talking about conferences right now--I'm just talking about culture for a minute.

Think of what Oklahoma is famous for. Rodeos. Barbecue. Conservatives. Country music. Gene Autry. Garth Brooks. Reba McEntire. Toby Keith. Do any of these remind you of Hollywood in any way?

Oklahoma is the Bible Belt, people! It's one of the most politically conservative states in the entire country--hell, it's even more conservative than the deep south! If you think it's anything at all like the west coast culturally, you're crazed.

saucysoonergal
9/16/2011, 12:51 PM
The South is Dukes of Hazard and Kudzu.

OULenexaman
9/16/2011, 02:40 PM
what the hell is Kudzu?

SoonerMom2
9/16/2011, 03:15 PM
Kudzu is a vine that takes over trees, fences, or anything in its path -- pain in the neck but you can see it along the Interstates when you drive in the south.

Lott's Bandana
9/16/2011, 03:27 PM
Kudzu is a vine that takes over trees, fences, or anything in its path -- pain in the neck but you can see it along the Interstates when you drive in the south.

Telephone poles, dams, old people...it grows a foot a day and will come into your house if you leave the window open.

SoonerMom2
9/16/2011, 04:55 PM
Telephone poles, dams, old people...it grows a foot a day and will come into your house if you leave the window open.

ROFLOL!!! There is a lot of truth with that statement!

GottaHavePride
9/16/2011, 07:49 PM
Drive through Georgia sometime. You don't actually see any trees - just crap covered in kudzu vine.

SoonerBD
9/16/2011, 11:12 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/17/sports/ncaafootball/syracuse-and-pitt-in-talks-with-acc.html?_r=2&ref=sportsFound this while i was lurking around the aggies website........

ouflak
9/17/2011, 10:25 AM
Syracuse and Pitt have formally applied to join the ACC. http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6980644/pitt-syracuse-apply-join-acc-ranks-source-says

trwxxa
9/17/2011, 10:40 AM
Looks like Monday may be quite eventful.

Or not.

MeMyself&Me
9/17/2011, 10:46 AM
Syracuse and Pitt have formally applied to join the ACC. http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6980644/pitt-syracuse-apply-join-acc-ranks-source-says

I think that puts to rest any thoughts of Tejas going to the ACC. The only way that made any semblance of sense was if Texas brought 3 local teams with them. Only room for one local team now.

trwxxa
9/17/2011, 11:47 AM
I think that puts to rest any thoughts of Tejas going to the ACC. The only way that made any semblance of sense was if Texas brought 3 local teams with them. Only room for one local team now.

But, they're Texas:tongue:

The whornies seem to be more convinced they join the ACC in all sports except football. They become independent for football with a committment of a certain number of games (4) against ACC teams each year.

I am thinking ESPN is helping to broker this deal.

MeMyself&Me
9/17/2011, 12:08 PM
I've read that too. Independence (which is what you're describing) may make them money but it's a program killer. Moving to the ACC alone would be even worse. If I were a Texas fan, I would be extremely pissed at either of those options.

GottaHavePride
9/17/2011, 12:15 PM
It'd be hilarious if UT went indy in football, and then the BCS declines to give them an AQ clause like ND has. Heh.

Boomer.....
9/17/2011, 12:17 PM
Also Baylor and Iowa State are applying to the Big East if the Big 9 dissolves.

trwxxa
9/17/2011, 12:36 PM
TCU has got to be going "WTF?" right about now.

Sooner95
9/17/2011, 12:39 PM
Boy, didn't see this coming. Kind of sucks becuase the Big East hoops tourney just won't have the same ring without those 2 schools. Ah well, football is king.

And it would appear we have our 4 Super Conferences. ACC, BIG, PAC, SEC. You better get your university into one of them or you'll become irrelevant.

And yea.. TCU has to be scratching their head. They have a buyout and I bet they use it.

MeMyself&Me
9/17/2011, 12:42 PM
http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/97051-Chip-Brown-just-said-ACC-is-a-NO-GO

lol

BudSooner
9/17/2011, 04:17 PM
Boy, didn't see this coming. Kind of sucks becuase the Big East hoops tourney just won't have the same ring without those 2 schools. Ah well, football is king.

And it would appear we have our 4 Super Conferences. ACC, BIG, PAC, SEC. You better get your university into one of them or you'll become irrelevant.

And yea.. TCU has to be scratching their head. They have a buyout and I bet they use it.Yeah but I still believe Kansas/Kansas State go to the Big East, the football sucks but Ks/Misery would make up for it in hoops.

BudSooner
9/17/2011, 04:18 PM
Oh and **** texas.

Sooner95
9/18/2011, 01:46 AM
Yeah but I still believe Kansas/Kansas State go to the Big East, the football sucks but Ks/Misery would make up for it in hoops.

a good point. My father and i were discussing this same thing.. certainly schools like KU, KSU, MU could roll into the Big east and boost them right back in hoops. football tho? I'm not sure that conf would be an AQ anymore.

Sooner Among The Pack
9/18/2011, 09:52 AM
Syracuse and Pitt now accepted into ACC.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6988468/acc-accepts-pittsburgh-panthers-syracuse-orange-14-team-league

UConn and Rutgers and potential 15th and 16th teams.

Four 16-team super conferences. All set up in pods (4 4 team divisions). Rotate each year. 16-team playoff is built in, with Round of 16 and Round of 8 played as Conference semifinal and finals, at home sites of higher seeded teams. Makes a Final Four played in on Jan 1 and Jan 8. Here it comes.

Bruiser53
9/18/2011, 10:00 AM
The ironic thing about this blindside from the ACC is that it is more likely the Big 12-3+? is pieced together and survives. Two of the eight "premier" (Cuse is premier for the Big Least lolz) football member leaving kills the AQ status of the Big East, leaving a few pretty good programs high and dry. WVU, Louisville, and TCU (along with BYU) are viable options for Big 12 membership and will be looking anywhere Amd everywhere to save their football arse. Would adding three of those teams convince us to stay? I think yes.

Sooner Among The Pack
9/18/2011, 10:08 AM
The ironic thing about this blindside from the ACC is that it is more likely the Big 12-3+? is pieced together and survives. Two of the eight "premier" (Cuse is premier for the Big Least lolz) football member leaving kills the AQ status of the Big East, leaving a few pretty good programs high and dry. WVU, Louisville, and TCU (along with BYU) are viable options for Big 12 membership and will be looking anywhere Amd everywhere to save their football arse. Would adding three of those teams convince us to stay? I think yes.

I think WVU to SEC, Loiusville and BYU aren't enticing enough for OU, and Larry Scott now goes wild to get to 14 & 16. OU and OSU are Pac bound, and our pod mates are the last piece of the puzzle (UT & TT or KU & KSU).

SoonerMom2
9/18/2011, 10:10 AM
OU is going to the PAC and you can bet on that one. Those teams that were just mentioned do not replace A&M and NE and this conference is not stable.

Pres Boren stopped the BYU to Big 12 right in its tracks with his comments. For two weeks we have been headed west but waited until some of this played out. Did the ACC catch David Boren off guard? I doubt it. The questions is whether TX will head west with us or decide to play King in the new restructured conference. MO is not going to stay IMHO. Big East wanted to combine with Big 12 when all of this talk began of realignment by talking to the other Big 12 schools but never approached OU or A&M which speaks volumes.

Lott's Bandana
9/18/2011, 11:23 AM
Syracuse and Pitt now accepted into ACC.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6988468/acc-accepts-pittsburgh-panthers-syracuse-orange-14-team-league

UConn and Rutgers and potential 15th and 16th teams.

Four 16-team super conferences. All set up in pods (4 4 team divisions). Rotate each year. 16-team playoff is built in, with Round of 16 and Round of 8 played as Conference semifinal and finals, at home sites of higher seeded teams. Makes a Final Four played in on Jan 1 and Jan 8. Here it comes.

Hurts my brain to think of what basketball is going to be like in this conference. This lineup, if UCONN is also accepted, is much more impressive than football's SEC.

SOONERINARK
9/18/2011, 02:36 PM
This may have been discussed but why wouldn't OU join the SEC if possible?

SoonerMom2
9/18/2011, 02:46 PM
Because the SEC would not take OSU!

SOONERINARK
9/18/2011, 02:56 PM
Thanks, that makes sense wonder if they realize OSU is actually more academic then every school they have except Vanderbilt.

Lott's Bandana
9/18/2011, 03:04 PM
Thanks, that makes sense wonder if they realize OSU is actually more academic then every school they have except Vanderbilt.

Who said anything about academics?

:greedy_dollars:

SoonerMom2
9/18/2011, 03:30 PM
Have no idea where you think that OSU is more academic than the SEC schools. Here is the list:
17-Vandy; 58-FL; 62-GA; 75-AL; 82-AU; 101- TN; 111-SC ; 124-KY; 128-LSU; 132-AR; 143-MS; 157-MSU

Big 12:

45-UT; 58-A&M; 75-Baylor; 90-MO; 97-ISU; 101 KS and OK; 132-OSU; 143-KSU; 160-Tech

OSU is tied with Arkansas and is ahead of Mississippi and Mississippi State

Boomer.....
9/18/2011, 03:54 PM
The SEC doesn't see benefit of adding OSU. They are not a tradition rich school and they don't have a big following. The Oklahoma tv market would already be gained if OU were added and wouldn't increase much because of OSU.

limey_sooner
9/18/2011, 04:41 PM
Twitter rumors are that WVU has sent paperwork to SEC to join.

dennis580
9/18/2011, 05:15 PM

First of all 20 teams not 16 teams is the realistic limit for football conferences. Two 10 team divisons with a 9 game conference schedule. So the ACC could still add 6 teams.

Second of all easily the most important thing to Texas is their LHN. If we go to the Pac 12 then I think Texas ends up in the ACC simply because they will be able to keep the LHN in tack without the major compromises other conference would required.

The ACC makes perfect sense for Texas since their main priority in conference realignment is their LHN

recemp
9/18/2011, 05:29 PM
How about merging Big XII with Big East?
Super basketball conference.
Notre Dame is already there for everything except football and the Big XII could make it a logical move - especially if they are allowed to keep their network ala Texas.
New York market.
'Academics' that Boren craves might be satisfied.
Midwest presence.
TCU, Louisville, Cincy, Rutgers, West VA, Uconn.

dennis580
9/18/2011, 05:33 PM

Actually it makes far less likely the Big 12 survives. There was a little doubt before weather Larry Scott could get 9 out of 12 Pac 12 schools to vote both OU, and OSU in, and David Boren obviously wants that assurance of that before he makes his move. Also it makes Boren want to get out OU out of the Big 12 even more with 16 team superconferences now confirmed to be the future.

With Both the SEC, and ACC now headed for 16 teams(possibly even more in the ACC's case) there is no longer any doubt that Larry Scott will lock up the votes to get both OU, and OSU in, and expand the conference to 16 teams.

Pitt, and Syarcuse have just it made that much easier of a decision for OU, and OSU joining the Pac 12.

GottaHavePride
9/18/2011, 05:42 PM
And now they're claiming Pitt was one of the "leading contenders" to join the Big XII, so the ACC's move killed any hope of keeping the Big XII together.

Brilliant political maneuvering going on here.

FtwTxSooner
9/18/2011, 05:52 PM
Now that * appears to be onboard with the PAC, its time for us to go in a different direction or make some demands of our own. Demand 100% of the LHN shared among all conference members, or no dice.

SOONERINARK
9/18/2011, 05:58 PM
Have no idea where you think that OSU is more academic than the SEC schools. Here is the list:
17-Vandy; 58-FL; 62-GA; 75-AL; 82-AU; 101- TN; 111-SC ; 124-KY; 128-LSU; 132-AR; 143-MS; 157-MSU

Big 12:

45-UT; 58-A&M; 75-Baylor; 90-MO; 97-ISU; 101 KS and OK; 132-OSU; 143-KSU; 160-Tech

OSU is tied with Arkansas and is ahead of Mississippi and Mississippi State

Because Dexter Manley had over 80+ hours at OSU and did not know how to read.

SoonerMom2
9/18/2011, 06:40 PM
ROFLOL!!! That was good!

dennis580
9/18/2011, 09:35 PM
Looks like the Pac 12 is going to let Texas keep all the revnue from the LHN afterall. Really that was the only possible way for the Pac 12 to get Texas. So it looks like we will have a Pac 16 afterall.

I also hope they keep home field advantage rule for the conference championship game. Can you imagine having in conference championship games in Norman!!!

SoonerMom2
9/18/2011, 10:10 PM
Looks like the Pac 12 is going to let Texas keep all the revnue from the LHN afterall. Really that was the only possible way for the Pac 12 to get Texas. So it looks like we will have a Pac 16 afterall.

This was a rumor started in Austin which has been debunked from numerous sources. The same Austin rumor started flying around the net but there is no way UT keeps the LHN as it is because they will not be admitted to the PAC 12. They get in line or no go. Scott has already polled the Presidents on OU and OSU which is a go but UT has to fold the LHN into a PAC Regional Network with TT or forget it. PAC 12 by accounts of their writers are not budging.

brainpimp
9/18/2011, 11:53 PM
UT will have to go to a regional partnership on their network just like everyone else.

S008NER
9/19/2011, 08:39 AM
D-Day for the big 12.

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 08:57 AM
Dean Blevins is reporting that OU is going to the PAC 12 not waiting for TX. Also there is a report that the SEC is making one last stab at OU. Also San Jose where the PAC 12 is located is saying UT has to get in line with all other PAC 12 schools or it is a no go and the rumor that was leaked is that they are looking at MO.

The only sure bet is that OU is leaving the conference and the PAC 12 Presidents have informally given Scott the go-ahead on OU. If Blevins is right, Boren has had it with TX and they are on their own.

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 09:05 AM
From John Wilner's Blog -- the whole story -- TX is not even close to joining the PAC 12 and he basically called the bird cage Austin paper story spin.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/collegesports/2011/09/19/pac-12-expansion-the-latest-on-texas-revenue-sharing-and-16-team-division-alignment/

"Talked to several sources this weekend about Texas joining the Pac-12 and the future of the Longhorn Network.

Let’s get right to it.

*** Texas-to-the-Pac is not happening in the next 24 or 36 hours, folks. It could be a week, or weeks.

There are far too many issues still to be worked out, many of them involving UT’s ultimate willingness to make the concessions necessary to join the Pac-12.

Despite what you may have read, the school and the conference are “nowhere near any agreement,” according to one source."

Later in the article he says MO might be in the mix and then mentions KS in an offhand way.

PAC 12 is playing hardball with UT. He also released that TX wanted to go indy for football and put the rest of its sports in the ACC but ACC said no.

After reading this article I am not sure that TX isn't going to try to cobble the Big 12 together after we leave. Looks like MO and KS could be replacements for UT/TT. Tech has to be ready to clobber UT.

ouflak
9/19/2011, 09:25 AM
Despite what you may have read, the school and the conference are “nowhere near any agreement,” according to one source."

I never really believed it anyway. Texas is not giving up their network, nor should they.

Later in the article he says MO might be in the mix ....

PAC is not interested in Missouri and likewise Missouri is not interested in the PAC. I doubt they've even exchanged emails.

PAC 12 is playing hardball with UT.

After reading this article I am not sure that TX isn't going to try to cobble the Big 12 together after we leave. Looks like MO and KS could be replacements for UT/TT. Tech has to be ready to clobber UT.

I don't think the PAC is playing hardball. They simply just want Texas to join on the same terms the rest of the teams have. If Texas doesn't want join on those terms then *shrug* no biggie, no hardball, no tears. They just don't join. And I don't think two days or two weeks is going to change either's stance no matter what happens in the football landscape.

As far as Tech is concerned, sure, if they had multiple AQ options and Texas managed to somehow blow all of those up, I guess they would be pretty angry. But the fact is they are only being mentioned for the PAC and that is pretty much only riding the coattails of UT (or even OU in some less-likely UT-less scenarios). Nothing against Tech. That is just their lot in life right now and I think they know it. Nothing else for them to do but fasten the chin straps, keep playing ball, keep investing into the program and hope for the best.

AlboSooner
9/19/2011, 12:40 PM
is today the big day?

OUinFLA
9/19/2011, 12:42 PM
is today the big day?

When you're my age, every day is a big day

Boomer.....
9/19/2011, 12:52 PM
http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/8946/fredsanfordthebigone.jpg

badger
9/19/2011, 01:14 PM
If you want to know as soon as everyone else on what the Regents decide live video here. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20110919_92_0_Wthlvi366254)

badger
9/19/2011, 01:22 PM
I am watching. This looks to be one of the most widely attended Regents meetings outside Norman I've ever seen.

And the sound sucks. :( EEeeeeeeeeeeee

badger
9/19/2011, 01:25 PM
Never see a Regents meeting before? They always do the sub-unis first. In this case, Rogers State. I think Cameron in Lawton also falls under the OU regents, so they'll probably be next.

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 01:30 PM
Wonder how many reporters are sitting through the whole meeting with David Boren secretly laughing?

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 01:33 PM
We are only to Agenda Item 6 -- no wonder the meeting is going to take so long. This is kind of rubber stamp right now.

badger
9/19/2011, 01:34 PM
They are up to agenda item 9, and reallignment discussion is.... 28!

:D I like that it's AD's and Travis' number!

badger
9/19/2011, 01:36 PM
rogers state done. onto cameron

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 01:38 PM
Rogers State is complete and now Cameron State is up -- David Boren is now out in the hallway waiting for Cameron to finish it looks like. Photographer just went out of the room into the hall.

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 01:39 PM
rogers state done. onto cameron

Wonder if Boren will move the realignment effort up to when he gives his report?

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 01:41 PM
@johnehoover
John E. Hoover At OU regents meeting: RSU busines done, now onto agenda items. Looks like they're going 1-29. Conference alignment is No. 28.

badger
9/19/2011, 01:42 PM
I see a very remote possibility of that happening. Like I said, big attendance at this meeting and I imagine that he will take full advantage.

Also, as they will likely move into exec session for that item, I don't see them putting it first, because that wouldn't speed stuff along anyway.

Also... they have restarted on agenda item 1, so I guess they are considered separate meetings :D

Lott's Bandana
9/19/2011, 01:42 PM
If you want to know as soon as everyone else on what the Regents decide live video here. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20110919_92_0_Wthlvi366254)

Awesome Baj.

It will be interesting to watch live, then see how the media interprets (spins) the discussion.

badger
9/19/2011, 01:44 PM
Done with Cameron. Onto OU!

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 01:45 PM
Cameron finished -- next is the big guy after called back to order -- OU!!

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 01:45 PM
Are we the only two people following this?

Lott's Bandana
9/19/2011, 01:46 PM
Yes

no

maybe

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 01:46 PM
They need a bigger room! Boren now in the room!

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 01:48 PM
David Boren is having a ball! He looks like the cat that swallowed the canary.

badger
9/19/2011, 01:48 PM
Boren would like to let you all know you have time for a cup of coffee before the executive session stuff :D

SicEmBaylor
9/19/2011, 01:49 PM
I'm watching with a vomit bag close at hand.

SicEmBaylor
9/19/2011, 01:50 PM
Who is the guy on Boren's right? I know I know that guy...

Lott's Bandana
9/19/2011, 01:50 PM
They should play "Jump Around".

That was my favorite part of the video at the Tceh game, DBor hopping up and down. Priceless.

badger
9/19/2011, 01:51 PM
Chill, Sic-O. We're not gonna bail on our conference's loveable little teddy bears.

without a full legal team in place...

SoonerPride
The long list of big money donations is impressive.
This is what having a former Senator running your school gets you. Deep rolodex = $$$.
The guy has been pure gold for OU.
Both metaphorically and quite literally.

Lott's Bandana
Who is the guy on Boren's right? I know I know that guy...

Dr Bell - Eye Doctor

badger
9/19/2011, 01:52 PM
If any of you want to follow along, the OU regents agenda can be viewed/downloaded here. (http://www.ou.edu/regents/agenda.html)

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 01:52 PM
From Twitter: Boren: Rogers State will restart their football team, and have their own network which will air OU games... Austin will be surprised by that news.

badger
9/19/2011, 01:53 PM
WARNING: If I remember anything about attending regents meetings, Boren talks A LOT. It's like he's Senator Boren or Gov. Boren again. Get him started and he WILL NOT STOP.

So anyway, get more than a cup of coffee. Order a pizza.

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 01:54 PM
They should play "Jump Around".

That was my favorite part of the video at the Tceh game, DBor hopping up and down. Priceless.

Boren looks like he is ready to do that again with the look on his face.

Lott's Bandana
Matt Hayes tweeted about Boren making jokes about Austin. I missed that?

silverwheels
Yeah, this is going to take a while. Props to those who sit through the whole thing.

badger
9/19/2011, 01:59 PM
THE UNIVERSITY OF OKLAHOMA September 19, 2011
AGENDA ITEM 28
ISSUE: CONFERENCE ALIGNMENT – NC
ACTION PROPOSED:
The Board of Regents will discuss potential legal ramifications of athletic conference
realignment options and/or consider new athletic conference membership and take any
appropriate action. An executive session may be proposed pursuant to Section 307B.4 of the
Oklahoma Open Meetings Act.

This is what you're waiting for. And it's gonna be executive session, so like I said, order a pizza.

Lott's Bandana
9/19/2011, 02:05 PM
307B.4

4. Confidential communications between a public body and its attorney concerning a pending investigation, claim, or action if the public body, with the advice of its attorney, determines that disclosure will seriously impair the ability of the public body to process the claim or conduct a pending investigation, litigation, or proceeding in the public interest;

badger
9/19/2011, 02:10 PM
Holy crap... Uncle Dave took a call and is missing part of the meeting? This is pretty much unheard of. The only time I remember him missing a meeting was when he was feeling too ill to teach, and even then he took media questions by phone afterward.

Something tells me UT just gave him a ring.

Look for the regents meeting to go extremely fast now :D

Lott's Bandana
9/19/2011, 02:12 PM
SicEm called him.

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 02:13 PM
Repost of the comments on Austin -- Hilarious: From Twitter: Boren: Rogers State will restart their football team, and have their own network which will air OU games... Austin will be surprised by that news.

Lott's Bandana
9/19/2011, 02:15 PM
But did he say that, or was someone being funny?

Hayes' tweet made it seem like he actually said it. I didn't hear.

badger
9/19/2011, 02:19 PM
Tee hee alcohol policy*

* Don't abuse alcohol. Please.

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 02:20 PM
But did he say that, or was someone being funny?

Hayes' tweet made it seem like he actually said it. I didn't hear.

Boren said exactly that! I cracked up as it was a direct dig at TX and said it almost chuckling!

Lott's Bandana
9/19/2011, 02:20 PM
Awesome

Lott's Bandana
9/19/2011, 02:22 PM
OSU has called a special Regents meeting for Wednesday.

badger
9/19/2011, 02:24 PM
Yes, I can confirm that Boren joked about the Cameron University football thing getting started and taking a friendly jab at Austin.

badger
9/19/2011, 02:29 PM
Gundy is playing dumb... like always.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OSU/article.aspx?subjectid=93&articleid=20110919_93_0_SILAEs991033)

The thing I like about Stoops is that he tells it like it is. Gundy JUST. PLAYS. DUMB. It's pretty pathetic on his part... but probably in OSU's best interest.

badger
9/19/2011, 02:30 PM
It sounds like they're on agenda item 26

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 02:30 PM
They are soon going to be going into Executive Session -- they are rapidly going through this open part of the agenda.

badger
9/19/2011, 02:31 PM
EXECUTIVE SESSION!

27: Addressing personnel review of Castiglione and Stoops
28: Conference reallignment, General counsel
29: Same as above.

ZZZzzzzzzz.

soonerboomer93
9/19/2011, 02:32 PM
and they're into executive session (stream is off)

badger
9/19/2011, 02:33 PM
In case you're going WTF at the Joe C and Stoops thing, here is how it is listed in the regents meeting agenda:

Castiglione, Joseph R., Vice President for Intercollegiate Athletics Programs and Director of
Athletics, Athletic Department, review of compensation and contract of employment.

and

Stoops, Robert A., Head Coach, Football, Athletic Department, review of compensation and
contract of employment.

So, no numbers given, unlike most of the other employment listings.

Pursuant to Oklahoma executive session laws, they cannot take action in executive session, so we are going to find out what they decide after, if they decide to do anything.

OULenexaman
9/19/2011, 02:34 PM
so that's all we will see and hear now??

soonerboomer93
9/19/2011, 02:35 PM
Until they come out of the exective session

SicEmBaylor
Gundy is playing dumb... like always.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OSU/article.aspx?subjectid=93&articleid=20110919_93_0_SILAEs991033)

The thing I like about Stoops is that he tells it like it is. Gundy JUST. PLAYS. DUMB. It's pretty pathetic on his part... but probably in OSU's best interest.

I don't think Gundy is playing.

SoonerLaw09
They'll turn the feed back on when they're out of ES.

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 02:37 PM
They zipped through that agenda -- was shocked how fast it went! Maybe he will coincide the announcement when UT starts their telephone meeting at 3:00. Boren looks like the cat that swallowed the canary. They will follow-up in public after the executive meeting.

SoonerLaw09
9/19/2011, 02:37 PM
Yeah, they can only do ES when talking to the lawyers, they can't vote on anything or have secret motions, etc.

badger
9/19/2011, 02:40 PM
I have often wondered if Gundy was actually playing or if he was actually kept in the dark or just was ho hum about everything and I agree that there is a possibility that he isn't playing.

On some stuff, like OSU wearing black uniforms, he was adament all week during his pressers (last season) that they were just wearing their normal unis. And then, OSU runs out in black for the Aggie game. Gundy afterward said that he thinks the players might have asked earlier in the week and he might have said it was fine but he didn't remember and didn't care, heh.

On the other hand, on something he DEFINITELY would care about, like say when Boone Pick and OSU AD Holder were going to hire an offensive coordinator so he could play head coach instead of offensive-coach-that-is-head-coach-in-name-only, he played dumber than a doorstop, saying that it wasn't going to happen. And then when it did? Acting even more dumb.

So, Gundy is NOT trustworthy, either because he actually doesn't give a shizzle or doesn't want to tell the public the truth. Stoops is, he will tell you the truth and if he doesn't want to tell you what the truth is, he won't play dumb, he'll say that he's not saying.

Is saying "No" really that hard, Gundy?

SicEmBaylor
9/19/2011, 02:41 PM
I have often wondered if Gundy was actually playing or if he was actually kept in the dark or just was ho hum about everything and I agree that there is a possibility that he isn't playing.

On some stuff, like OSU wearing black uniforms, he was adament all week during his pressers (last season) that they were just wearing their normal unis. And then, OSU runs out in black for the Aggie game. Gundy afterward said that he thinks the players might have asked earlier in the week and he might have said it was fine but he didn't remember and didn't care, heh.

On the other hand, on something he DEFINITELY would care about, like say when Boone Pick and OSU AD Holder were going to hire an offensive coordinator so he could play head coach instead of offensive-coach-that-is-head-coach-in-name-only, he played dumber than a doorstop, saying that it wasn't going to happen. And then when it did? Acting even more dumb.

So, Gundy is NOT trustworthy, either because he actually doesn't give a shizzle or doesn't want to tell the public the truth. Stoops is, he will tell you the truth and if he doesn't want to tell you what the truth is, he won't play dumb, he'll say that he's not saying.

Is saying "No" really that hard, Gundy?
I think you misunderstood me. I meant he isn't playing stupid...he is stupid.

Lott's Bandana
9/19/2011, 02:42 PM
I'm not a big fan of MG, but I think he does a remarkable job succeeding as a puppet for his Masters. I think he is just hard-headed enough to brush it all off and concentrate on coaching.

badger
9/19/2011, 02:50 PM
I think you misunderstood me. I meant he isn't playing stupid...he is stupid.

I didn't misunderstand you dear Sickie. I was being nice for the benefit of our one resident Poke fan.

Sco
9/19/2011, 02:50 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/33969/mack-brown-wants-big-12-survival

Mack Brown Wants Big 12 Survival

Every time I hear a UT fan/official start to complain about the abandonment of tradition, it just sounds so fake. Translation: We just want to be king!

Lott's Bandana
9/19/2011, 02:52 PM
Discussion of Papa Joe's and Bob's salary is to consider a COLA increase...

...to move West.

MountainOkie
9/19/2011, 02:58 PM
Something to read while waiting on the ES. Interesting look at college viewership by team.

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/19/the-geography-of-college-football-fans-and-realignment-chaos/?ref=ncaafootball

Seems to underestimate OU.

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 02:58 PM
I think UT will keep the network and be king of the conference with all of their subjects who cannot get in a major conference and then ESPN will pretend they are a major conference. My hope is in the next deal with the media that the PAC 12 goes all in for the Fox network and CBS so we can tell ESPN to shove it. UT arrogance will only grow.

Lott's Bandana
9/19/2011, 03:00 PM
ESPN has posted an article about the BigXII now being the top conference, unseating the SEC.

I'm not going to start a thread because I really don't care.

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 03:03 PM
ESPN is really in the UT back pocket! What a load of Bravo Sierra! They are in a full court press to keep this from happening and don't think that Boren cares what ESPN thinks. Won't even read the ESPN site anymore -- don't care what they spin.

Lott's Bandana
9/19/2011, 03:05 PM
Something to read while waiting on the ES. Interesting look at college viewership by team.

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/19/the-geography-of-college-football-fans-and-realignment-chaos/?ref=ncaafootball

Seems to underestimate OU.

One million fans attributable to OU is very low. That's only 1/3 of the state population and seemingly leaves out the DFW market.

SoonerLaw09
9/19/2011, 03:05 PM
This seems like it's taking longer than it should...

Lott's Bandana
9/19/2011, 03:08 PM
This seems like it's taking longer than it should...

Blame Baylor.

See: Agenda item #29

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 03:09 PM
Just remember it is the NY Slimes reporting! They probably think our fans are only in OKC/Norman the way they think about flyover country.

MountainOkie
9/19/2011, 03:11 PM
Just remember it is the NY Slimes reporting! They probably think our fans are only in OKC/Norman the way they think about flyover country.

True.

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 03:12 PM
You are right about 'Blame Baylor' or shall I say blame their President. Someone said on TexasAgs that what they would try to use against A&M would only work in TX as OK has different laws. Now maybe their President will back off if UT opens up their own conference and allows Baylor and the rest to stay. I really feel sorry for the people I know who are Baylor grads -- they cannot believe he took this track and alienated the other schools.

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 03:37 PM
Was just on Texas Ags and some are following along with the OU BOR's live streaming. They are waiting for the announcement after executive session. They have also given out Hoover's Twitter account from the Tulsa World.

Lott's Bandana
9/19/2011, 03:42 PM
What I expect:

"The Oklahoma BOR has given the POTUOA the authority to explore conference alignment options for the future and to return with specific recommendations when the time is appropriate."

Something like that.

I'm not expecting specifics. Am I wrong?

badger
9/19/2011, 03:44 PM
I'd also expect them to announce a Stoops/JoeC raise as long as they're at it.

SoonerPride
9/19/2011, 03:45 PM
I think they might come out of ES and issue a proclamation that texas sucks.

I would.

soonerboomer93
9/19/2011, 04:05 PM
stream is back on

SoonerMom2
Tony Jefferson just tweeted: Did we move to PAC 16?

SoonerLaw09
video's back

badger
9/19/2011, 04:06 PM
THEYRE BACK THEYRE BACK!

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20110919_92_0_Wthlvi366254)

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 04:06 PM
They are talking about who is going to read which agenda item!

badger
9/19/2011, 04:07 PM
I think they said into the mic that they aren't doing anything on 27, which was Stoops/JoeC.

badger
9/19/2011, 04:07 PM
Boren has diabetic cookies, lol

badger
9/19/2011, 04:09 PM
Terms and length of contract apparently changed for Stoops and Joe C????

Boren enthusiastically recommends the actions, whatever they are!

badger
9/19/2011, 04:10 PM
"iT'S A MATTER OF CHARACTER, IT'S A MATTER OF VALUES FOR BOTH jOE CASTILGIONE AND BOB STOOPS..." BOREN SAID.

sorry for caps, lol.

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 04:10 PM
Raises and length of contract for Joe C and Bob Stoops!

badger
9/19/2011, 04:11 PM
No action on 28!

on 29, authorizing President Boren to explore conference options and to take action in the interest in the university.

soonerboomer93
authorized to take any and all actions

put a fork in it

salth2o
What I expect:

"The Oklahoma BOR has given the POTUOA the authority to explore conference alignment options for the future and to return with specific recommendations when the time is appropriate."

Something like that.

I'm not expecting specifics. Am I wrong?

Nailed it.

SoonerMom2
Pres Boren has the power now to move us to a different conference. Motion to adjourn

Lott's Bandana
9/19/2011, 04:12 PM
Adjournment followed by a bite of cookie.

Boren is priceless.

badger
9/19/2011, 04:13 PM
That's it. They cut audio, but video is still up with media gathered around Boren now... not sure what they're saying, but I imagine that Boren is going to spill enough info to keep people buzzing about OU in the media for awhile, hehe.

SicEmBaylor
So, has the time come for me to walk out to midfield at The Case and drink the Kool-Aid?

This is the longest breakup EVER.

SoonerMom2
Stoops contract from base of $250 to $325 and added years to contract to 2018 per John Hoover tweet

Lott's Bandana
9/19/2011, 04:14 PM
Nailed it.

Except I wrote POTUOA instead of POTUOO. dammit!

OULenexaman
9/19/2011, 04:14 PM
other words......start the bidders.

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 04:15 PM
Joe C got three years added to his contract but have not seen the figures yet.

badger
9/19/2011, 04:16 PM
On a sidenote, I noticed a national wire story saying the Big East and Big 12 are talking about merging. Perhaps whoever allowed the biggest Big East schools to leave and Dan Beebe could be co-failures as conference directors???

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 04:17 PM
Blevins tweeting that Boren is meeting with the press to give them enough info to keep things interesting for awhile.

badger
9/19/2011, 04:17 PM
Wow, that was fast. Article on what Boren's been authorized to do here. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20110919_92_0_Univer675618)

I could see several sports people in the audience from the Oklahoman, Norman Transcript, Tulsa World, etc. Can't help but think they have to be slightly disappointed with making the trip up to OU-Tulsa if that was all for about a minute of regents meeting, heh

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 04:18 PM
If the conferences merge then UT can be King!

Lott's Bandana
Trading KU hoops for UCLA hoops is kind of sad to me.

Dio
So, has the time come for me to walk out to midfield at The Case and drink the Zima?

I can't believe you waited this long!

OUinFLA
So, has the time come for me to walk out to midfield at The Case and drink the Kool-Aid?

This is the longest breakup EVER.

Not true.

You had 34 threads covering 2 years of your relationship/non-relationship with SicEmEx

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 04:19 PM
The media was there for the follow-up questions to Boren which Blevins has promised to report and tweet.

Lott's Bandana
9/19/2011, 04:20 PM
The empty chair shot on the video feed is a metaphor for the future of the BigXII.

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 04:21 PM
Jake_TrotterJake Trotter

Boren: too early to tell whether OU/Texas will be in same league

Jake_TrotterJake Trotter

Boren: "have had informal conversations w/ P12. Those conversations have been warm, constructive."

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 04:22 PM
Jake_TrotterJake Trotter

Boren: "working very close w/ ok st"

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 04:23 PM
Boren says OU has not decided to officially leave B12 yet. Staying in B12 "still on the table"

Brophog
9/19/2011, 04:25 PM
Boren says OU has not decided to officially leave B12 yet. Staying in B12 "still on the table"

And Bevo is really an armadillo.

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 04:25 PM
CYA going on not to get sued is my guess as Blevins said the details were done two weeks ago but until it is signed they won't say much.

limey_sooner
9/19/2011, 04:26 PM
The empty chair shot on the video feed is a metaphor for the future of the BigXII.

That wasn't an empty chair, Dan Bebee was sitting there. Easy mistake to make.

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 04:27 PM
You can tell David Boren is the ultimate politician with those last words -- he is dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's!

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 04:27 PM
And Bevo is really an armadillo.

ROFLOL! That just might be the funniest quote I have seen yet!

3rdgensooner
9/19/2011, 04:28 PM
That wasn't an empty chair, Dan Bebee was sitting there. Easy mistake to make.Well played sir!

badger
9/19/2011, 04:30 PM
This is Boren hiding his hand in a game of poker. We aren't going to come out screaming S-E-C! S-E-C! like stupid aggy did, because that will result in Ken Starr suing us and whatever conference we want to go to also.

It is kind of sad that in the midst of a Baylor dream season, they are worried about finding a new home.

Lott's Bandana
9/19/2011, 04:30 PM

posting win that

soonerboomer93
9/19/2011, 04:35 PM
apparently UT's regents are out of their ES now also

SicEmBaylor
9/19/2011, 04:37 PM
Dan Beebe needs to commit seppuku.

soonerboomer93
9/19/2011, 04:40 PM
He probably would, but apparently some people in Waco have been buying swords like crazy

Lott's Bandana
9/19/2011, 04:43 PM
Just borrow one from Mike.

badger
9/19/2011, 04:45 PM
Looks like Powers has the power too.

Link (http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2011/09/19/regents_give_po.html)

Widescreen
9/19/2011, 04:46 PM
I've always thought he was an empty suit. Not surprised to find out he's an empty chair too.

Lott's Bandana
9/19/2011, 04:58 PM
Blevins just tweeted:

The Big12 is dead.

That's it, that all he said.

Might as well have tweeted a fart. Or farted a tweet.

OULenexaman
9/19/2011, 05:07 PM
Looks like Powers has the power too.

Link (http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2011/09/19/regents_give_po.html) At the same time, Oklahoma regents also are meeting in Stillwater, Okla. to decide whether to give OU’s president, David Boren the OK to move the Sooners. No announcement has been made yet from that meeting.

Idiots...

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 05:12 PM
You have to hand it to the TX spin machine and ESPN -- they are flat out dumb when they spin not to know that OSU Board of Regents have no power of OU even a little -- more like zero, zip, nada.

SoonerLaw09
9/19/2011, 05:17 PM
I saw that too. Sportswriter editing fail.

Lott's Bandana
9/19/2011, 05:17 PM
You have to hand it to the TX spin machine and ESPN -- they are flat out dumb when they spin not to know that OSU Board of Regents have no power of OU even a little -- more like zero, zip, nada.

They just missed with Stillwater. The meeting was in Tulsa, not Norman and that confused them.

OSU's meeting is Wednesday. Probably in Guymon or something.

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 05:18 PM
@johnehooverJohn E. Hoover

Boren: "Beyond the Big 12, the principal focus for us is the Pac-12."

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 05:19 PM
That is too funny when they said Stillwater and what gives the media a bad name for not fact checking.

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 05:20 PM
kbohls kbohls

No small point. UT prez Bill Powers has authority to stay in Big 12, but cannot take action on own to change conferences; regents keep that.

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 05:22 PM
So UT Powers really has no authority to change conferences like David Boren has which speaks volumes. The truth once again finally comes out on TX meeting. They made it sound like he had the same power as Boren but not even close.

Lott's Bandana
9/19/2011, 05:23 PM
kbohls kbohls

No small point. UT prez Bill Powers has authority to stay in Big 12, but cannot take action on own to change conferences; regents keep that.

kbohls: same guy who just ranked tOSU over Miami.

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 05:44 PM
Kbohls is not my cup of tea but he said Powers did not take questions and immediately went in the elevator. We saw that Boren took loads of questions.

S008NER
9/19/2011, 11:43 PM
expect whorns to mention a possible big 12-big east merger to a 16 team conference as alternative to pac.

soonergirlNeugene
9/20/2011, 12:18 AM
Huge realignment pity party in the videos at the top of this page on espn http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6993604/big-east-big-12-talking-possible-merger-sources-say

And here I didn't think there was a more pathetic conference commissioner than Beebe. I stand corrected.

SoonerMom2
9/20/2011, 08:47 AM
expect whorns to mention a possible big 12-big east merger to a 16 team conference as alternative to pac.

I think you are correct -- they are NOT going to give up their Longhorn Network at any costs unless their President can knock some sense into the Board of Regents, Dodds, and Mack Brown. He seems to be the only one with his feet on the ground but is outnumbered.

PAC 12 won't budge on their LHN and west coast writers have made fun of the UT leaks to the media which have not been true about their getting more than anyone else in the league. ESPN has been pushing the UT side of everything as they own them now and don't want a big realignment.

Beebe and the Big East Commissioner are both laughing stocks now.

How would you like to be in the Big 12 with Texas as King? All the sources on the West Coast have OU going to the PAC as something that was decided over two weeks ago but because of that idiot President of Baylor, they have been very careful in what they say. A&M let their anger at UT and the LHN network take over. OU on the other hand has played it really cool but then you are dealing with a President who is the ultimate politician and headed the Foreign Affairs Committee for years. Boren knows how the game is played and he has done it masterfully.

Lott's Bandana
9/20/2011, 08:55 AM
The same plane that Prez Boren took to Misery and Aggie is now on its way to Indianapolis.

Isn't that where the NCAA HQ is?

Boomer.....
9/20/2011, 09:10 AM
You are correct.

ouflak
9/20/2011, 09:33 AM
You think... maybe... we are just going to go ahead and leave the NCAA and start up our own association!?

Sooner98
9/20/2011, 10:27 AM
Indiana and Purdue to the Big 12!!

ouflak
9/20/2011, 11:32 AM
Sounds like West Virginia has been turned down by both the SEC and the ACC. Ouch.

Just hypothetical here but; What do we do if the PAC says no to us? What if they just won't take us without taking UT and UT won't negotiate on the LHN?

What do you think we do then?

OULenexaman
9/20/2011, 11:34 AM
that will save a few sofas...

FtwTxSooner
9/20/2011, 11:46 AM
Sounds like West Virginia has been turned down by both the SEC and the ACC. Ouch.

Just hypothetical here but; What do we do if the PAC says no to us? What if they just won't take us without taking UT and UT won't negotiate on the LHN?

We're f'd. We lose any and all leverage we have over UT and the LHN in their current situation. We are stuck in the Big 12 unless Boren reconsiders the SEC and a conference move without little brother.

sooner59
9/20/2011, 11:58 AM
If the PAC said no to OU and osu without tejas, then all 4 stay and tejas pushes the Big East Merger to bolt to 16 with the ACC to stay a power conference. Mizzou still wants to leave. They have for years. If the B1G won't take them, the SEC would and I think they would bolt. The question is, what does the SEC do with 14 teams while the Big 12/Big East have 16 and the ACC has 16? They will be eager to add two more. At that point, I don't know that Boren wouldn't "at least" consider it. And the PAC with 12? They would be worried if 3 other conferences move to 16. Who would be the 4th?

Notre Dame came out today and said that they want to stay Indy, but if they found that it wasn't viable anymore, they would first consider ACC, NOT B1G. That has to hurt the B1G ego. I think the next move is either OU/osu to PAC or ACC expanding to 16. They said they have double digit #s of applications to the ACC already. Its up to them to pick and choose. They are sitting pretty right now. Its starting to get crunch time for the others if we really are heading to 16 across the country.

If there was an attempt to keep the Big 12 with a Big East merger, then more Big East programs leave, AND Mizzou leaves, the SEC would start looking better as you could have OU, osu, a&m, and mizzou. Not Boren's first, second, or possibly third favorite choice. But it really sound like he has already washed his hands of the Big 12 without NE, CO, and A&M. If Mizzou leaves, he is probably considering anything to get out. But that would also pressure the PAC and B1G as quality schools would be falling off the board. They might get desperate. Either way, OU will come out of this looking great....as long as we don't stay in this conference with the scrubs that the other conferences didn't want.

SoonerPride
9/20/2011, 11:59 AM

There is exactly 0% chance of that happening.

Lott's Bandana
9/20/2011, 12:02 PM
The same plane that Prez Boren took to Misery and Aggie is now on its way to Indianapolis.

Isn't that where the NCAA HQ is?

It occurred to me that Ball State is in Muncie nearby, but I'm sure Muncie has an airfield that can handle a Baron. :monkey:

Lott's Bandana
9/20/2011, 12:03 PM
I suppose all this love for the ACC is tied directly to their ESPN affiliation, read: $$$ :greedy_dollars:

SoonerMom2
9/20/2011, 12:20 PM
According to west coast writers OU was accepted by PAC 12 Presidents in a preliminary poll. No way they would be exploring this if we were not already accepted. We don't need UT to get into the PAC 12 -- only UT and is ESPN are pushing that crap. We are a Tier I university with research dollars on the rise and a President second to none with more political contacts that any other President of a major university. He knows how the game is played and you can bet those t's are crossed and i's dotted. If it wasn't for that sue happy Baylor President, bet it would already have been announced. Because of him they had to make sure every legal bump was looked at and that takes time.

SoonerMom2
9/20/2011, 12:21 PM
ACC wants UCONN and Rutgers which is my guess what WVU was turned down.

sooner59
9/20/2011, 01:24 PM
So the SEC "apparently" turned down WV as well. I am assuming they are holding out for bigger fish. A&M as 13, Mizzou with an offer for 14. Waiting on everything to play out with OU, FSU, etc.?

SicEmBaylor
9/20/2011, 01:42 PM
that will save a few sofas...

Allegedly because of academics. If the SEC turns you down because of poor academics then you might as well quit this whole "college" thing and open up a halfway house for recovering West Virginia meth addicts.

SicEmBaylor
9/20/2011, 01:45 PM
According to west coast writers OU was accepted by PAC 12 Presidents in a preliminary poll. No way they would be exploring this if we were not already accepted. We don't need UT to get into the PAC 12 -- only UT and is ESPN are pushing that crap. We are a Tier I university with research dollars on the rise and a President second to none with more political contacts that any other President of a major university. He knows how the game is played and you can bet those t's are crossed and i's dotted. If it wasn't for that sue happy Baylor President, bet it would already have been announced. Because of him they had to make sure every legal bump was looked at and that takes time.

Do you hear that sound? No? Oh that's right -- there's nothing to hear because you're offering football opinions instead of getting some vacuuming done. I want to hear less football opinion and more house work.

badger
9/20/2011, 01:47 PM
Oh SicEm, we are all worried on your behalf too that there will be no Big East for Baylor to go to after this is all said and done. We really are! We don't want Ken Starr going on Whitewater on us :P

SicEmBaylor
9/20/2011, 01:49 PM
Oh SicEm, we are all worried on your behalf too that there will be no Big East for Baylor to go to after this is all said and done. We really are! We don't want Ken Starr going on Whitewater on us :P

I love you. :D

Look out, NP.

prrriiide
9/20/2011, 02:00 PM
I want to hear less football opinion and more house work.

If this attitude prevails at Baylor, it explains why Baylor was 18-102 in conference prior to this season...and is now demanding a seat at the grown-up football table. Your school is the shrew-wife of the Big-12. Since they couldn't get that whole winning thing down, they'll try henpecking. And screaming like a little girl.

SoonerMom2
9/20/2011, 02:06 PM
Boone Pickens also spoken out today demanding that the Big 12 be saved -- bet Boren would love to shut him up. He wants to call Gov Perry to stop this -- like the Gov is going to interfer with A&M leaving! This letter is unbelievable as they want the LHN to stay as is. This letter has popped up around the net and explains why UT Board of Regents did what they did yesterday after Powers expected full authority (my bold):

THE TEXAS LEGISLATURE AUSTIN

September 19, 2011

Honorable Members of the Board of Regents President William Powers Athletic Director DeLoss Dodds

The University of Texas
Austin, Texas 78701

Dear Members of the Board of Regents, President Powers and Director Dodds:

The undersigned members of the Texas Legislature write to urge you in the strongest possible terms to help us preserve the Big 12 Conference. We respectfully submit that this would be the best result for the University of Texas and for Texas as a whole. We strongly urge you to remain in the Big 12 and to grow and strengthen it as we describe below.

First, we are each grateful for the many public statements many of you have made over the past year stating that your top priority is to save, stabilize and grow the Big 12. We applaud you and are in complete agreement with you regarding this worthwhile and eminently achievable goal.

With the announcement on Saturday that Pittsburgh and Syracuse are leaving the Big East to join the ACC, we have a unique opportunity to grow and strengthen the Big 12. We propose that the remaining members of the Big 12 (with or without Oklahoma and OSU) merge with the remaining six (soon to be seven with the addition of TCU) members of the Big East into a newly configured Big 12 Conference. This would create a strong 14 (or 16) member conference, and the stability of the new Big 12 would be insured going forward.

More importantly, the treasured traditions of Texas college football would be preserved and enhanced for the millions of Texans who value crisp fall afternoons filled with 100-year rivalries played in a region that allows fans to attend the games and enjoy the pageantry and fun of Texas college football on a regular basis. The thought of Texas A&M going east and ofUT and Texas Tech going to the West Coast is tragic for those of us who love our college football.

And of course it is well known that the loss of these games would mean a serious blow to the economies of our communities and state -at a time we can ill afford it.
We suggest that the following significant benefits would come from bringing the remaining Big East schools into the Big 12:

1 Your stated goal of preserving the Big 12 would be accomplished.

2 The Big 12 conference office stays in Texas and the regional rivalries of over one hundred years continue to be played in our State with the benefit of economic development and jobs. Our money stays in the region and isn't exported to Washington, Oregon or California.

3 UT keeps its Longhorn Network intact with no changes. If UT goes to the Pac 12, the network must be reconfigured, thereby costing the University millions of dollars in revenue.

4 The newly constituted Big 12 allows the remaining seven schools to share as much as $75 million in early exit fees paid to the Big 12.5 A merger of these two great conferences would insure a continuation of the large TV contracts that are in existence for both conferences.

6 Our basketball programs will be enhanced by connecting with Big East basketball tradition.

7 There is a good fit academically between the Big 12 schools and the Big East schools.

8 The reuniting of TCU with the other three Texas Big 12 schools is reminiscent of the old Southwest Conference. Nostalgia sells tickets and advertising revenue.

9 With a l4-school super conference, we could much more easily attract two more universities and perhaps have a l6-team super conference.

10 The new Big 12 would be able to keep its Bowl Championship Series designation, meaning national championships are in the future of the Big 12.

We urge you to consider the many sound reasons for continuing the Big 12 with the inclusion of the Big East. This conference has existing strengths that cannot be manufactured in other conferences.

We exist in the best time zone (CST) and geographic location (south) for both television and future growth. Adding the East Coast and the television markets in the East will only expand the Big 12's reach. We have the best football resources for both recruiting and fan interest. We have a conference that allows for more future economic freedom as we deal with a dynamic sports world.

We respectfully urge you to take advantage ofUT's unique position to use your influence to bring home a better than ever Big 12 Conference. Obviously this opportunity needs to be accomplished quickly, as the face of college sports is changing by the minute. Of course we will help you in any way we can.

We urge you in the strongest of terms to take this action and turn this difficult situation into a win-win for Texas.

Respectfully yours,

Representative Ken Paxton Representative Charles "Doc" Anderson

Representative John Davis Representative Craig Eiland

Representative Jim Pitts Representative Mark Shelton

Representative Diane Patrick Representative Bryan Hughes

Representative Ken Legler Representative Armando Walle

Representative Jose Aliseda Representative Linda Harper Brown

Senator Brian Birdwell Representative Larry Phillips

SicEmBaylor
9/20/2011, 02:13 PM
If this attitude prevails at Baylor, it explains why Baylor was 18-102 in conference prior to this season...and is now demanding a seat at the grown-up football table. Your school is the shrew-wife of the Big-12. Since they couldn't get that whole winning thing down, they'll try henpecking. And screaming like a little girl.

I think you are on to something, sir...err on something, sir.

SicEmBaylor
9/20/2011, 02:23 PM
I really love this post by a poster over at BF's. I'm going to repost it here since it is pretty full of win.

So, here is where we stand as of PM 9 / 20
We'll start wit the Aggsy . . .

A&M, believing themselves to be a superior institution, demanded unequal shares of Big XII revenue. Except that 12 months later, they didn't, because conferences are built on trust ( or something ).

In Austin, UT wanted the PAC. Until it didn't. Now they have the LHN. Which they can split revenues for and stay in this conference, or go to the PAC and lose all leverage. Naturally, they appear to be PAC bound.

In Lubbock, pizza delivery men of the world are convinced the PAC and the SEC will take them w/out UT. Except they won't.

In the Northeast, Pitt and Syracuse accused the ACC of deliberately sabotaging decade old rivalries, TI, and attempting to stack the deck against schools whose only goal is an equal playing field. Then a few years later they threw that out the window to go to the ACC. Except, they can't for 3 more years, so those schools get to be chummy with people they've spurned until 2014. jawesome

Taking a quick detour to Morgantown, everyone loves WVU. Seriously, people love us so much that we passed on a meeting w/ the Big XII because we were convinced the SEC or ACC wanted us. Except they gave us the Heisman? We can haz Big XII invite?

Meanwhile, in Norman, OU President Boren thinks Land Thieves TV is all kinds of win, and wants a channel and unequal revenue sharing. Except, a third party study has told them it won't do near as much as PAC-Oklahoma. Now they want equal revenue sharing with the LHN, or they are out. In addition, Boren also claims to want stability; he backs up this blood claim by sabotaging the Expansion Committee by refusing to meet or return phone calls with a handful of BE schools.

In Stillwater: derp derp, Boone Pickens derp

Back at Bristol, ESPN has hundreds of millions invested in LHN. Except they control Tier-1 rights to PAC, but not tier-2 or tier-3. Solution? Lets just promise contract for certain media schools to hedge our loss on LHN.

Heading up to Columbia Miss, the Big 1G LOVES the Tigers. Except the don't. Now the Tigers are all kinds of fans of the Big XII. Except now the SEC wants to make out with Mizzou. Profit?

On last trip out of state takes us to Birmingham Alabama, where Mike Slive, in his infinte lawyer skillz, has declared that A&M cannot join unless Baylor and CO. shoot themselves by signing a waiver no attorney would ever advise them to sign. He then reinforces his strong belief of no lawsuits by asking Missouri to take their tops off while the SEC presidents chick out that Tiger rack.

TCU: ****

Finally, round out our trip, we go to Waco:
K* and The Canadian: ****

Am I missing anything?

saucysoonergal
9/20/2011, 02:29 PM
Am I missing anything?

A sense of humor would be my first guess.

3rdgensooner
9/20/2011, 02:46 PM
Portraits of Conference Realignment (http://www.rockmnation.com/2011/9/19/2436901/portraits-of-conference-realignment)

Sooner Among The Pack
9/20/2011, 03:14 PM
http://newsok.com/breaking-removal-of-big-12-commissioner-dan-beebe-among-ous-demands/article/3605958?custom_click=breaking_news

The University of Oklahoma is considering remaining in the Big 12, but only in a “reformed” version of the conference that includes hard and fast rules for Texas' Longhorn Network and removal of Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe, a high-ranking Big 12 source told The Oklahoman on Tuesday.
OU president David Boren said Monday the Sooners would decide soon between applying for Pac-12 membership or staying in the Big 12, and the source outlined the parameters for remaining in the Big 12.
“It's going to take major, major reforms” for OU, and thus Oklahoma State, to consider remaining in the Big 12, the source said. “We'd have to have an interim commissioner.”

SoonerMom2
9/20/2011, 03:19 PM
It is an anonymous Big 12 person -- wonder if this was the tact that the legal staff said we had to take. UT has no intention of sharing the LHN with everyone as witnessed by the letter from their reps. This seems to be making demands that UT and Beebe will not agree with in order to cover OU.

It would only take UT several more years to blow it up again.

Lott's Bandana
9/20/2011, 03:23 PM
I love that OU illuminates Beebe's "tool-ness".

Boomer.....
9/20/2011, 03:24 PM
Mizzou to the SEC rumors are heating up again.

saucysoonergal
9/20/2011, 03:25 PM
As to that DOK article...Baylor fans wet their pants in anticipation!!!

SoonerMom2
9/20/2011, 03:27 PM
Is this what took so long in Executive Session yesterday to come up with a plan that would keep us from having to deal with the President of Baylor suing? Make demands they know UT is not going to go along with?

Sooner Among The Pack
9/20/2011, 03:31 PM
Is this what took so long in Executive Session yesterday to come up with a plan that would keep us from having to deal with the President of Baylor suing? Make demands they know UT is not going to go along with?

Makes some sense, unless staying in Big XII is really on the table. I now worry that it is.

SicEmBaylor
9/20/2011, 03:47 PM

Once again, I know this is really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really difficult to understand:

We haven't sued anyone.
We have never threatened to sue OU.
We are refusing to waive our right to sue the SEC.
We have not sued the SEC
We have not sued A&M
We are reserving our right to sue.
Contracts matter.

SoonerMom2
9/20/2011, 03:49 PM
This article didn't say who was talking from the Big 12 plus this leak came after the TX Reps to UT telling them to keep the Longhorn Network and let's get the TX schools back together. I think the timing is done to say we tried but Texas won't budge on the LHN or Beebe. No way after that letter are the Longhorn Board of Regents going to budge on the LHN and this leaves OU free to waltz out the door. Boren made it clear that there are no substitutes for A&M. Bet Boren is furious at Pickens remarks again. Will know more tomorrow after their Board of Regents meet but Pickens sure makes OU President and their Board of Regents look really bad.

Sooner Among The Pack
9/20/2011, 03:50 PM
ralphDrussoAP Ralph D. Russo
by dennisdoddcbs
Pac-12 officials tells AP vote by presidents on whether to expand expected by end of week. And more than a majority will be needed to grow.

Curious timing.

SoonerMom2
9/20/2011, 03:52 PM
Hate to break it to you Sic 'em but word has Ken Starr trying to put pressure on Boren and why the comment from Boren said something to the effect about you cannot keep people in a conference by threatening to sue. Rumor has it from reliable sources that Starr called every President with the same crap. It is also alleged that Starr was the final straw for Boren and OU. If you guys had a regular President not someone with Starr's background who leaks, things might be different.

cjames317
9/20/2011, 03:53 PM
Most of these are Baylor grads:

saucysoonergal
9/20/2011, 03:54 PM
I bet they wait until Sunday to announce our move to the Pac-14! ;)

SicEmBaylor
9/20/2011, 04:10 PM
Hate to break it to you Sic 'em but word has Ken Starr trying to put pressure on Boren
Of course he was trying to put pressure on Boren. That's the whole f'n point of everything we've done...to keep the Big XII together.

why the comment from Boren said something to the effect about you cannot keep people in a conference by threatening to sue.
This is the most asinine **** that I've heard. It's Aggie-level asinine. No, you cannot keep a conference together when its members are breaking contracts with other members and creating league instability. Any talk of lawsuits is a result of that already-existing conference instability. The threat of a lawsuit didn't create conference instability; conference instability created the threat of a lawsuit. Boren makes no logical sense. He wanted to move OU to the Pac-12 long long before Baylor proposed any kind of legal action, but he's using that as an additional excuse to bolt.

Rumor has it from reliable sources that Starr called every President with the same crap.
I don't know where these "rumors" came from or how much truth there is, but I would hope that Starr did precisely that. That's why we pay him.

It is also alleged that Starr was the final straw for Boren and OU. If you guys had a regular President not someone with Starr's background who leaks, things might be different.
I don't know what a "regular President" is. I do know that in the past we've had ball-less administrations that would have sat back and let the conference collapse without putting up any sort of fight. The reaction out of Baylor would have been to bend over and accept whatever pounding we were about to receive. We pay Starr to do whatever it takes in the interest of Baylor. If you can tell me of a scenario whereby a "regular President" could protect Baylor's BCS-conference interests in another fashion then please...by all means spell it out for us.

Now, as for Boren...if Boren hadn't shot his mouth off that Friday about exploring other conference options then NONE of this mess would have happened. That was the catalyst for Baylor springing into legal action. Up to that point, Aggie's departure was not seen by Baylor as a conference-killing move. When Boren made his statement, it became clear the conference couldn't survive with OU looking for other options. The conference was supposed to be in the process of inviting new members and expanding its footprint until Boren shot his load too early. This could have been prevented if Boren had kept his mouth shut until Aggie was officially to the SEC and then publicly stated he was exploring other conference options. OU has nobody to blame but OU if it doesn't like where things have gone the last few weeks.

I'm totally sympathetic to OU's position here, but I have no patience or tolerance for someone who blames Baylor for protecting Baylor. Get the hell over it. Christ-O, I love OU, but I'd be f'n ashamed that I had to join a left-coast athletic conference. Seriously? California? Good God.

SicEmBaylor
9/20/2011, 04:14 PM
One more thing:
Why are you still talking football and not in the kitchen making me a sandwich? A roast beef on rye would be really really nice. Get to it.

SoonerMom2
9/20/2011, 04:17 PM
One more thing:
Why are you still talking football and not in the kitchen making me a sandwich? A roast beef on rye would be really really nice. Get to it.

Do you want mustard or mayo? :)

SicEmBaylor
9/20/2011, 04:18 PM
Do you want mustard or mayo? :)
Oh, I've got the mayo babe. ;)

SoonerMom2
9/20/2011, 04:19 PM
Most of these are Baylor grads:

Would have been willing to bet on that. Couldn't believe they actually want the LHN to stay as is!

badger
9/20/2011, 04:22 PM
Portraits of Conference Realignment (http://www.rockmnation.com/2011/9/19/2436901/portraits-of-conference-realignment)

Oh Big 12 conference. Why would I ever leave you :P

Seriously, we have some funny d00shebags out there in Iowa State, Kansas State, Mizzou and Shaggy on the internets. Note to self: Beat them all on the football field so they hate us even more.

badger
9/20/2011, 04:25 PM
Also, btw, if it hasn't already been mentioned, reportedly one of the demands for OU staying in the Big 12 is the removal of incompetent Beebe.

Linky dinky (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20110920_92_0_OKLAHO944350)

dennis580
9/20/2011, 04:44 PM

There is 0% chance of the Pac 12 rejecting us. The only possible thing they might do is not extend an invitation to OSU, but OU applys we are 100% guaranteed to be accepted there is a slim chance they might reject OSU though.

Sooner Among The Pack
9/20/2011, 04:45 PM
RT @Dave_Matter: University of Missouri Board of Curators announces public meeting for Thursday morning in Columbia

Things just keep getting interesting.

SicEmBaylor
9/20/2011, 04:47 PM
RT @Dave_Matter: University of Missouri Board of Curators announces public meeting for Thursday morning in Columbia

Things just keep getting interesting.

Board of Curators? Was 'Board of Regents' just too pedestrian for Mizzou?