PDA

View Full Version : End of the BIG XII - THREAD FOR ALL REALIGNMENT DISCUSSION

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Mark_in_Tulsa
8/11/2011, 11:52 AM
I like the idea of both OU, OSU, Mizz, and TAMU going to the SEC West.

We keep some rivalries, we go to a great conference, and the SEC adds markets of St Louis, KC, most of Texas, and all of the state of Oklahoma.

allanace16
8/11/2011, 11:53 AM
*puts on crimson glasses*

The only con I could possibly see is that if the schools split up, playing every year might not happen, and that's a near guaranteed W off the schedule. Also, if those sheepf*ckers got lucky & stole a W, it may take more than a year to get scoreboard back, and it's nice knowing that even when we F up, the chances of it happening 2 years in a row are next to nil so it's only 365 days till we shut them up.

*takes off crimson glasses*

But really, as an Oklahoman, I'd hate to see OSU as a school be in the toilet any more so than it already is. And the best option for both schools in the state to keep improving their profiles is to go to the PAC. Which might be a better state of affairs for OU anyway. Does anyone really think OU wouldn't dominate the Pac-16 like they did the Big 12? The SEC actually has teams that wouldn't let some of OU's lesser efforts squeak by to a title. Like I love the '06 Sooners to death, but that's probably an 8-5 SEC team. I don't know how our fanbase would react to seeing that kind of thing more regularly (and I mean fans in general, I know Soonerfans is the most rational group of fans ever assembled, haha).

MeMyself&Me
8/11/2011, 11:57 AM
Arkansas has only won the West twice. Since they have joined the SEC they have only had two 10 win seasons, and three 9 win seasons. Compared to six losing seasons.

I don't think Arkansas's move is very comparable to aTm's move because aTm gets to keep their primary recruiting areas.

MeMyself&Me
8/11/2011, 12:00 PM
The Longhorn Network goes live Aug 26th. I think it would be funny if aTm waits until that day to announce they are going to the SEC and then right after that, on the same day, OU, Tech, Kansas, and OSU announce they are leaving for the Pac and Missouri is going to the Big 10.

Tuck Fexas.

Sooner_Tuf
8/11/2011, 12:02 PM
It's mildly comical to read the collection of Mensa kids on here make proclamations of OSU and our pathetic football program. Statements like "they bring nothing", "dead weight", "what have they ever done for us", and other cute little jabs are loaded with ignorance. And that makes me weep for the paperclip crew. But only a bit.

If not for us, there would be no 2010 Big XII Championship trophy in your little Switzer Center. Nor would there be a 2008 Big XII Championship trophy. So ... you're welcome.

Never have I seen a group of people so disgruntled that they want to rid themselves over a seemingly-automatic victory at year's end over a top-10ish team. What the **** else do we need to do? We let you kick balls off of our head for victories. We let your refs call us for unsportsmanlike conduct after you throw us into our own wall. We drop passes in the end zone to let you keep your victory. We call timeout before halftime so you can complete a Cale Mary to get some momentum heading into the locker room. We let your 5'2" corner outjump our 6'6" TE so you can keep your national title. We miss our only FG of the year so you can go get embarrassed by USC in the nat'l title game. We purposely don't complete game-winning TD passes against you. We tip balls in the air to your TE for TDs and then flip your QB so he can win a trophy... hell, we even let him complete his QB sneak after he fumbles the ball. We purposely drop an interception and after we mistakenly run back a kick we let your TE outrun our corners for a TD so you can have your next trophy.

And that's just since '83. Think of all the favors we did before then. So **** you guys. We deserve to latch ourselves to your coattails.

You're just not that important.

Mac94
8/11/2011, 12:03 PM
The Longhorn Network goes live Aug 26th. I think it would be funny if aTm waits until that day to announce they are going to the SEC and then right after that, on the same day, OU, Tech, Kansas, and OSU announce they are leaving for the Pac and Missouri is going to the Big 10.

While I seriosuly doubt that will happen .... it would be sooooooooooo awesome. Being in Austin ... if that happened sports talk here would be about as epic as it was following the massive 60+ to not much Sooner wins over Texas in the early 2000's

Canyonero
8/11/2011, 12:05 PM
I like the idea of both OU, OSU, Mizz, and TAMU going to the SEC West.

We keep some rivalries, we go to a great conference, and the SEC adds markets of St Louis, KC, most of Texas, and all of the state of Oklahoma.

That would be the best but it's probably wishful thinking.

7 games against your div.
2 games against the east
3 Non-conference, including Texas

That wouldn't give us a lot of variety outside of the conference but with Bama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, and SC rotating though, I could live with that.

70sooner
8/11/2011, 12:20 PM
When you have big Boone picker you shouldn't need anyone else to hang on to.

ya, but how much longer is that old piece of slime gonna be around?

is OSWho going to inherit all his money?

how would the missus take care of her wild horses if that happened.

and what about his wind farms?

or his natural gas plans????

lordy, lordy......

Sooner_Tuf
8/11/2011, 12:22 PM
That's fine. I would submit they're just trying to maintain their position in the Big XII given the new reality of a Longhorn tv channel with the NCAA decision on high school games coming up.

But I hope you're right. I hope they leave. And you have no IDEA about their weirdness.

There is not an Aggie alive that is any weirder than you.

MeMyself&Me
8/11/2011, 12:31 PM
While I seriosuly doubt that will happen .... it would be sooooooooooo awesome. Being in Austin ... if that happened sports talk here would be about as epic as it was following the massive 60+ to not much Sooner wins over Texas in the early 2000's

I doubt that will happen but I don't think it's all that unreasonable. For instance, say at the aggie board of regents meeting on the 22nd, they vote to move to the SEC only IF Tejas does not give up on LHN. And also, the other conference members regents vote to move to their conferences of interest only IF aTm leaves the conference. That would set up a whole set of chain reactions to take place on the 26th which would just be too much fun. :D

SicEmBaylor
8/11/2011, 12:31 PM
There is not an Aggie alive that is any weirder than you.

He's right -- you really have no idea...

Muno
8/11/2011, 12:54 PM
Here's the scenario I heard here in Fayetteville last night on a fairly reputable state-wide radio show: A&M. Oklahoma, OSU, & Missouri to the SEC. The Alabama schools would move to the SEC East with the new schools obviously being in the West along with Arkansas, LSU, and the Mississippi schools. Here's another thing: While they are ok with A&M coming over here to the dark side of things, they're more interested in Oklahoma, with its storied history and status. OSU and MO can come along for the ride because they are two of the stronger football schools in the conference and geographically speaking could make for some fun future rivalries.

This is just what is very much so making the radio waves here right now.

This goes against pretty much everything else we are hearing. I'm pretty confident in saying this is a pretty unlikely scenario.

badger
8/11/2011, 01:00 PM

Baylor, ISU and KSU hold a joint press conference shortly after announcing a lawsuit against Beebe and the ex-Big 12 members, and that they're adoptable orphans seeking a home.

SicEmBaylor
8/11/2011, 01:03 PM
Baylor, ISU and KSU hold a joint press conference shortly after announcing a lawsuit against Beebe and the ex-Big 12 members, and that they're adoptable orphans seeking a home.

I couldn't possibly care less about ISU, KSU, or any of the former north teams.

Baylor needs to go in the direction of former SWC rivals.

badger
8/11/2011, 01:07 PM
I couldn't possibly care less about ISU, KSU, or any of the former north teams.

Baylor needs to go in the direction of former SWC rivals.

Wow... what direction? They've all gone in crazy opposite directions.

Texas looks to be headed indy.

A&M and Arky look to be headed to the SEC.

TCU, previously in the MWC, next to the Big East

Tech to the Pac

Houston, UTEP, Rice and SMU to C-USA

SicEmBaylor
8/11/2011, 01:08 PM
Wow... what direction? They've all gone in crazy opposite directions.

Texas looks to be headed indy.

A&M and Arky look to be headed to the SEC.

TCU, previously in the MWC, next to the Big East

Tech to the Pac

Houston, UTEP, Rice and SMU to C-USA

C-USA. I'm actually getting somewhat psyched about it.

spanielboy
8/11/2011, 01:21 PM
Well here, there's worry about A&M cutting into Arkansas' Texas recruiting, because Arkansas has the SEC card to pull and doesn't want A&M to have that "advantage." Of course, others think it would be ok as long as it screws Texas. I always thought we Sooners hated Texas, but most Hawgs still hate them even though they never play them.

Arkansas has not really drawn kids out of the state of Texas since they have left for the SEC. Sure they get a few kids every now and then, especially in the East Texas areas, but their hotbed during the SWC days were in and around Dallas. Even with the Piggies playing the Aggies in their yearly game at Jerry's World these last few years, Arkansas has not been a major player when it comes to recruiting in Texas.

badger
8/11/2011, 01:26 PM
When you have big Boone picker you shouldn't need anyone else to hang on to.

ya, but how much longer is that old piece of slime gonna be around?

is OSWho going to inherit all his money?

how would the missus take care of her wild horses if that happened.

and what about his wind farms?

or his natural gas plans????

lordy, lordy......

Am kind of curious about this. I don't think a spouse can legally be disinherited, so she will likely get the Boone estate when Boone is gone, unless he starts dispersing it before his death.

If he foolishly puts this off or forgets to do this, I could see Madeline spending the money on wild horse refuge areas and her own alma mater, UT, instead. Or... you know... rich people stuff. :rolleyes:

spanielboy
8/11/2011, 01:40 PM
I think this would give aTm a recruiting edge over Texas that they never had before and will make aTm a better football team than they have traditionally been. Recruits that want to play in the SEC and play in the state of Texas would now have an option.

As far as SEC schools being able to recruit Texas better, it will work two ways and aTm will be able to recruit SEC territory better.

That is an excellent point. A&M would be stupid to not cherry-pick talent from other states, such as Florida, but their main focus for recruiting should remain to be Texas and Louisiana. The current football staff at A&M has put a lot of effort to recruit Louisiana -- have gotten a number of verbal commitments to only be dropped when LSU or another SEC program came calling.

NormanPride
8/11/2011, 01:41 PM
OSU existing makes OU weaker. If fewer students go there, then more can come to OU, which makes us stronger.

FaninAma
8/11/2011, 02:17 PM
OSU needs some serious upgrades to their athletic department in terms of number of sports sponsored by the school at a level officially recognized by the NCAA.

OU has men's and women's gymnastics and women's rowing. Regardless of how you feel about these sports individually they make OU a more rounded athletic program and as such we are a much better fit in the PAC 12. I would really like to see the Sooners add swimming and diving and one other sport in both women's amd men's competiton. I know this takes money but that's the primary reason for a move to the PAC 12.

I give David Boren credit for his foresight and committment to some of the minor sports at OU. It will serve the program well in the long run.

OSU is just another provincial university and I am sure the powers that be that will have the final say on who gets accepted into the PAC 12 will have some difficulty with this aspect of aggie athletics.

soonerfromgeorgia
8/11/2011, 02:26 PM
When the Big 12 didn't go to a super conference last season after losing 2 teams the writing was on the wall and the end was near.

TCU, Arkansas, BYU and any 3 of Memphis, Boise, SMU, Colorado St., Southern Miss. would have been ok with what the Big 12 had left.

But the B 12 sat back and did nothing.

MeMyself&Me
8/11/2011, 02:38 PM
When the Big 12 didn't go to a super conference last season after losing 2 teams the writing was on the wall and the end was near.

TCU, Arkansas, BYU and any 3 of Memphis, Boise, SMU, Colorado St., Southern Miss. would have been ok with what the Big 12 had left.

But the B 12 sat back and did nothing.

Of those you mentioned, only 2 had anything to add (Arky and BYU) and Arky would have said no under any terms. That said, I agree that not finding somebody to add was a mistake.

GrapevineSooner
8/11/2011, 02:41 PM
Sorry Herr. And to other Horns who actually thought this idea might pass muster with the NCAA.

But per Dennis Dodd's Twitter account... (http://twitter.com/#%21/dennisdoddcbs/status/101737675962322944)

The NCAA has ruled against the televising of high school games on conference/school networks.

soonerfromgeorgia
8/11/2011, 02:56 PM
Of those you mentioned, only 2 had anything to add (Arky and BYU) and Arky would have said no under any terms. That said, I agree that not finding somebody to add was a mistake.

Would you rather have Big 12-2+4 or be where the conference is now?

TCU adds a pretty freaking good football team and strenghtens the FW/Dallas market.

Memphis brings a decent size tv market.

BYU brings the world as there is mormons everywhere and they already have a tv network.

The rest are truely bottom feeders who benefit from location. They'll be on par with k-state, ISU, Baylor and Kansas. These programs will reap the rewards of playing UT, A&M, OSU and OU and their fans would live for that game when the big teams didn't bring their A game.

They'd all have to be put on a 3 or 4 year plan where they had to get their facilities up to Big 12 "specs" or they were booted, fined and replaced.

Joe Kidd
8/11/2011, 03:08 PM
The Pac-12 has 24 championships. OU would participate in 18. OSU would participate in 15. Colorado participates in 12, Oregon participates in 15, Arizona 16, Utah 15 and Washington State 15. OSU would certainly be on the low end, but there are others down there including the last two that were admitted. I'm not sure what OSU's Title IX compliance is, but adding Volleyball in particular would be nice. I'm anti-rowing because often is a free scholarship for someone who is merely willing to participate and not someone who has actually shown an aptitude for it.

OSU does bring in some very good teams in those sports they do have.

Sooner_Tuf
8/11/2011, 03:16 PM
He's right -- you really have no idea...

Actually Sic Em I do. You wanna know why? Because I'm not 13 and live on the internet. :rolleyes:

MR2-Sooner86
8/11/2011, 03:20 PM
Con - We don't get to keep adding to the gapping Mariana Trench that is their anus for another 100 years.

Pro - It's ****ing aggie, what more needs to be said?

MamaMia
8/11/2011, 03:39 PM
I cant think of any "con[s]" about getting to beat the pokes every year.

Sabanball
8/11/2011, 03:45 PM
This is different from what I've heard .... the rumors have had A&M paired with Clemson or FSU in the east. The SEC wants A&M ... not because of out history or tradition or on the field prowess but in real estate terms ... location, location, location. We are a large Texas schools and open up the Texas TV markets and recruiting unlike any other school other than Texas. they wanted us in the early 1990's during the demise of the SWC ... wanted us last year, and do now.

That doesn't mean that they wouldnt want OU ... OU is a huge prize ... certainly vastly more storied in history than my Ags .... but they may not want oSu and I don;t know how tied the two Oklahoma schools are. But the desire for A&M is about our being a major University in Texas.

Anyway ... this will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

This^^^^^^^^

Mac94
8/11/2011, 04:01 PM
Saw a thread on Texags with a link to Florida States rivals site that the Noles are now in talks with the SEC and they are interested

Bourbon St Sooner
8/11/2011, 04:27 PM
Mac, I like you, but I don't know what makes you think you'll ever win in the SEC. When the B12 started you had the perfect scenario to dominate the South. OU was down, * was mediocre, tt was pre-mike leach. You guys could have dominated and reaped the benefits when nebbish and ksu went down. But you never did anything. Then Bob Stoops came in and OU passed you like a freight train passing a go cart.

No, I just don't see it. I know hope springs eternal in aggieville. The grass is greener and all that ****.

PDXsooner
8/11/2011, 04:36 PM
I think MAC already answered this ^^.

budbarrybob
8/11/2011, 05:31 PM
A&M would be stupid to not cherry-pick talent from other states, such as Florida, but their main focus for recruiting should remain to be Texas and Louisiana.

I have a hard time believing that if TAM were to join the SEC they would automatically be endowed with the ability or the luxury of "cherry picking" from ANYWHERE with the possible exception of the Houston area.

Ruf/Nek7
8/11/2011, 05:32 PM
Someone told me SEC is looking to offer OU, osu, a&m, and va tech.

BigTip
8/11/2011, 05:34 PM
Well Played!

Seriously, is there another in state "rivalry" anyhwere that is more lop sided than the one we have going with the pokes?

You posted a picture of a Con (spelling? :D ), don't forget the pros:
http://cdn.hahajk.com/uploads/2011/01/hookers.jpg

soonerfromgeorgia
8/11/2011, 05:41 PM
I'm going to espn right now to get the truth on all this mess :-)

cccasooner2
8/11/2011, 05:48 PM

cccasooner2
8/11/2011, 05:48 PM
Pros - There is only one, OU.

Cons - None to OU. So who cares? A much bigger rivalry will arise out of this.

soonerfromgeorgia
8/11/2011, 05:56 PM
Over on orangepower they are talking about the SEC wanting them and whether they should drag OU along with them!

IndySooner
8/11/2011, 06:14 PM
A&M Rivals site is reporting it's a done deal. Their Scout board is reporting that it's all but done.

http://tamu.rivals.com/

soonervegas
8/11/2011, 07:12 PM
Well hopefully we can add Houston to get back to 10 and be as relevant as Conference USA

AlboSooner
8/11/2011, 07:13 PM
So long TAMU

Widescreen
8/11/2011, 07:28 PM
Someone told me SEC is looking to offer OU, osu, a&m, and va tech.

I've always found "Someone" to be ultra-reliable.

silverwheels
8/11/2011, 07:29 PM
What a cluster**** this is going to be.

soonervegas
8/11/2011, 07:32 PM
Agreed - silverwheels. Joe C needs to be officially on the hunt tonight.

AlboSooner
8/11/2011, 07:37 PM
OU will be fine

jkampana
8/11/2011, 07:45 PM
Lol, come on guys, there are a few programs around the country that will be fine no matter what shifting will go on. OU is one of those programs.

northspeter
8/11/2011, 07:47 PM
texas is hoping to keep the conference together... im not sure the oklahoma schools are gonna "buy in" anymore...

ouboomer1
8/11/2011, 07:53 PM
texas is hoping to keep the conference together... im not sure the oklahoma schools are gonna "buy in" anymore...

i agree, if this A&M to sec is legit, the sec is not going to stop at 13 teams, and the age of super confrences has come and the Big 12 will not be a super conference...

AlboSooner
8/11/2011, 07:57 PM
The SEC and BIG 10 had seen this scenario for a while, and they were prepared. The Big 10 started a network, unified the conference even more and snatched Nebraska. The SEC was proud in their brand, and the huuuuge population they cover.

The Big 12 needed a visionary, a wolf in sheep clothing to foresee this and avert the destruction of the conference. Instead we had in charge a mole-man, a puppet of Dodds, whose pride and arrogance may cost him more than he thinks.

hefley001
8/11/2011, 07:58 PM
Over on orangepower they are talking about the SEC wanting them and whether they should drag OU along with them!

Fool, aint no one saying that on OP

Mac94
8/11/2011, 07:58 PM
At this point ... if the reports are accurate that we're gone ... OU, oSu, and Tech need to go west. The Pac-12 can then add one more and for the Pac-16 with Tech, OU, oSu, CU, Utah, Ariz, and ASU plus one other in a divison. The Big-12 is done .... it may limp as a nine team league for a seaosn or two but no one will expect it to live on. Its Oklahomas time to look out for OU.

As an Ag that grew up on Sooner football part of me is happy that the two will be in different conferences (it appears) .... can pull for both schools with zero conflict again.

AlboSooner
8/11/2011, 08:01 PM
Oklahoma wants to stay in the Big 12. That is the perfect solution for OU. The next solution would be Pac 12, which bothers me for some reason.

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/11/2011, 08:02 PM
Pros - it doesn't matter what the pokes do because they are irrelevant anyway

Cons - ?

oudivesherpa
8/11/2011, 08:03 PM
OSU is just like diarrhera, the school colors are the same as the malay and no matter what you do, about once a year they come back. No way to get away from them.

soonervegas
8/11/2011, 08:06 PM
If the admins want to stay in the Big 12 after losing 3 of the 5 marquee name teams we are truly Texas' stooge.

JohnnyMack
8/11/2011, 08:10 PM
Oklahoma wants to stay in the Big 12. That is the perfect solution for OU. The next solution would be Pac 12, which bothers me for some reason.

There is no more Big XII.

AlboSooner
8/11/2011, 08:19 PM
If the admins want to stay in the Big 12 after losing 3 of the 5 marquee name teams we are truly Texas' stooge.

Can you be a stooge when you dominate a conference? OU may not enable me to win an internet argument against a Texas fan whether the Consigliere runs the conference of the Sith down in Austin, but OU does dominate the conference nonetheless, in games won, in merchandise sold, in brand solidification, in money earned and so on. The Big 12 is a trademark of the Big 12, regardless if two teams or three teams left the conference. The Big 10 preserved their trademark name even with 11 teams.

SoonerMom2
8/11/2011, 08:35 PM
No way OU stays in the Big 12 with it falling apart. If some of you don't think that Boren and are athletic department are not furious at Texas for their stunts they tried to pull, think again. If you think President Boren is going to sit idly by, I have swamp land for sale in Arizona. There is a report that OU was ready to go with A&M to the SEC in 2010 and it had been approved by their Board of Regents before Beebee pulled off a last minute save but then the facts came out AFTER about UT and their network deal with ESPN and been problems ever since. Now UT can go independent like they have wanted to do and look for people who want to play them in Austin.

AlboSooner
8/11/2011, 08:39 PM
What stunts is Ou supposed to be upset with? Unlike AM, OU competes and beats Texas. They got a network, OU didn't whine and try to leave like a sad little boy, but rather went to work on their own network.

Al Eschbach said his sources at OU told him the Sooner Network will launch in 3-4 months. He also said Joe C has personally told him that OU does not want to leave the Big 12. Why leave a conference you have dominated? Why make it harder to go to the NC game? Why open your recruiting ground to more competition? Why share power with more teams, when you only share power with Texas? You think Texas is bad to deal with, try dealing with Bama, Auburn, LSU folks, Florida and so on?

OU can go anywhere it wants, yet it fought hard to keep Big 12 intact when Nebbie left.

Widescreen
8/11/2011, 08:42 PM
What stunts is Ou supposed to be upset with? Unlike AM, OU competes and beats Texas. They got a network, OU didn't whine and try to leave like a sad little boy, but rather went to work on their own network.

Al Eschbach said his sources at OU told him the Sooner Network will launch in 3-4 months. He also said Joe C has personally told him that OU does not want to leave the Big 12. Why leave a conference you have dominated? Why make it harder to go to the NC game? Why open your recruiting ground to more competition? Why share power with more teams, when you only share power with Texas? You think Texas is bad to deal with, try dealing with Bama, Auburn, LSU folks, Florida and so on?

OU can go anywhere it wants, yet it fought hard to keep Big 12 intact when Nebbie left.
So what is the threshold for OU to bail? 7 teams? 5 teams? This conference is toast.

AlboSooner
8/11/2011, 08:45 PM
So what is the threshold for OU to bail? 7 teams? 5 teams? This conference is toast.

I don't know. Joe C in on record saying he want to stay in the big 12. Joe C sees things inside-out, and wants the best for OU, and he says he want to keep big 12 together. I want the same as Joe C; he knows better than me.

hefley001
8/11/2011, 08:47 PM
OSU is just like diarrhera, the school colors are the same as the malay and no matter what you do, about once a year they come back. No way to get away from them.

We are OU's bitches and we love it.

soonervegas
8/11/2011, 08:49 PM
All those statements were prior to this development. A&M leaving was a game changer....

We will not be able to stay competitive with other conferences with the lack of depth we now see in the Big 9.....

JohnnyMack
8/11/2011, 09:00 PM
I don't know. Joe C in on record saying he want to stay in the big 12. Joe C sees things inside-out, and wants the best for OU, and he says he want to keep big 12 together. I want the same as Joe C; he knows better than me.

3 of the top 6 football programs are gone. We lose Texas and all of a sudden the Big East is better than us.

northspeter
8/11/2011, 09:00 PM
big 12 - 3 is not the big 12...

Penguin
8/11/2011, 09:02 PM
I'm still reminded of the moron posters who were on here a year ago saying that BYU and Notre Dame were busting down our door to join the Big 12. Where are those people now? :D

BudSooner
8/11/2011, 09:07 PM
All this talk of bring in Houston/BYU/TCU is just crap, ain't gonna happen...why would any of the above come to a conference CU/NU/A&M is leaving/left???

And no way in hell is Notre Dame joining this conference, it makes no sense for them to. Not with that tv contract with NBC.

btb916
8/11/2011, 09:24 PM
I don't understand why so many want to ditch our "rivals"?? I for one enjoy the OU-OSU game a great deal...the trash talk and deep-seated dislike is what makes it fun.

MiccoMacey
8/11/2011, 09:30 PM
Talked with Chile Pequin (ADMIN on that site), and he says it will be officially announced at the end of the month (read: the 22nd, since that's when their BOR meets), if not sooner.

I have read another report that OU and Missouri will head to the Big Ten when this happens, but that hasn't been confirmed.

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/11/2011, 09:30 PM
Annnnnnnnd your colors are like a bloody tampon

More like the blood from your vagina

CowboyMRW
8/11/2011, 09:33 PM
Annnnnnnnd your colors are like a bloody tampon

Bro, you're on an OU site. Be cool to these people. They're good people on this site. I don't care if you go to LandThieves and say that though, not a huge fan there, but the people on this site are good

Boomer.....
8/11/2011, 09:34 PM
Big 10? Thats the first I've heard about that.

reevie
8/11/2011, 09:34 PM
After reading through this thread and the thread on shaggybevo, what I don't understand is if doomsday materializes, why the PAC-12 is so in love with Taco Tech. Is the Amarillo-Lubbock-Clovis market that much of goldmine for them? They should be looking at Kansas instead.

sooneredaco
8/11/2011, 09:37 PM

Lying, toothless, retarded sheephumpers

BASSooner
8/11/2011, 09:38 PM
Talked with Chile Pequin (ADMIN on that site), and he says it will be officially announced at the end of the month (read: the 22nd, since that's when their BOR meets), if not sooner.

I have read another report that OU and Missouri will head to the Big Ten when this happens, but that hasn't been confirmed.

sounds legit but pac 12 would be a much better deal.

colleyvillesooner
8/11/2011, 09:39 PM
OU isn't going anywhere for now.

northspeter
8/11/2011, 09:40 PM
After reading through this thread and the thread on shaggybevo, what I don't understand is if doomsday materializes, why the PAC-12 is so in love with Taco Tech. Is the Amarillo-Lubbock-Clovis market that much of goldmine for them? They should be looking at Kansas instead.

kansas brings nothing to a league... texas tech would bring the state of texas as a recruiting ground to the pac 12...

JohnnyMack
8/11/2011, 09:42 PM
kansas brings nothing to a league... texas tech would bring the state of texas as a recruiting ground to the pac 12...

The Kansas City market and Kansas basketball > anything that comes out of Lubbock.

The Kansas City market is 31st largest, Lubbock is 143rd.

Doyen
8/11/2011, 09:43 PM
Albo... This not about competition. It's about money.

Joe C doesn't want to be in the soon-to-be puny Tijuana West Conference where revenues will be so much lower than the developing super conferences.

Joe C's quote were applicable to keeping post CU/NU BigXII together. No longer applies once A&M exits.

sooner59
8/11/2011, 09:43 PM
OU will not leave! We will stay in Norman forever!

BASSooner
8/11/2011, 09:44 PM
The Kansas City market and Kansas basketball > anything that comes out of Lubbock.

That's more big 10 material though. Hypothetically if the conference dies, Mizzery, KU, and Kstate would try their hardest to go to the big 10 by pitching their basketball prestige.

JohnnyMack
8/11/2011, 09:45 PM
That's more big 10 material though. Hypothetically if the conference dies, Mizzery, KU, and Kstate would try their hardest to go to the big 10 by pitching their basketball prestige.

I agree that KU isn't a good fit for the PAC. However if you told me I had to choose one, I'd sure as hell take KC and its market over Lubbock.

LASooner
8/11/2011, 09:48 PM
Geography could work in OU's favor on this one, OU's traveling would be about the same for the Big-10, Pac-12 or the SEC and contrary to what haters say, they would all kill to get OU in their conference. Not a major TV market, but certainly a national brand that would get recognition that would bring in the primetime viewing slots the conferences want. The SEC and Big-10 have the best TV packages, the PAC-12 is still an unknown quantity in what they can get out of the networks. But I think they would court OU more as that would help them get more money in a negotiation.

GKeeper316
8/11/2011, 09:55 PM
OU will not leave! We will stay in Norman forever!

well played, sir.

Penguin
8/11/2011, 10:00 PM
The Big 12 is healthy and thriving. Nothing to see here.

Sooner Cal
8/11/2011, 10:00 PM
OU will go to the PAC. with Baylor. UT will have to buy their way out of the ESPN deal in order to join us.

UT screwed it for OSU.

sooner59
8/11/2011, 10:03 PM
http://img5.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/13930/13930835022d547020a05db6e6b99a13bc9ce9e0.png (http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=13930835&showlnk=0)

JohnnyMack
8/11/2011, 10:10 PM
OU will go to the PAC. with Baylor. UT will have to buy their way out of the ESPN deal in order to join us.

UT screwed it for OSU.

Texas will come to the PAC. With it's network and all the money in tow.

rainiersooner
8/11/2011, 10:12 PM
http://img5.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/13930/13930835022d547020a05db6e6b99a13bc9ce9e0.png (http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=13930835&showlnk=0)

I love that picture. I can't remember though, was that Iraq I or II? That guy was hilarious though.

Sooner Eclipse
8/11/2011, 10:13 PM

If they do, they will **** up that league the same way the F'ed up this one.

sooner59
8/11/2011, 10:14 PM
I don't know, but I think of this picture when I read threads like this...and I giggle a little.

salth2o
8/11/2011, 10:15 PM
Lying, toothless, retarded sheephumpers

That's not fair or accurate. Some of them have at least one tooth. :)

CowboyMRW
8/11/2011, 10:18 PM
Can't wait to see this every year

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/163/pooraggy.jpg

CowboyMRW
8/11/2011, 10:23 PM

UT screwed it for OSU.

Baylor won't be going to the PAC. UT, OU, OSU, and either Kansas or Tech will be the 4 taken

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/11/2011, 10:24 PM
I love that picture. I can't remember though, was that Iraq I or II? That guy was hilarious though.

Iraq 2

Information officer. "it's all American movies!"

salth2o
8/11/2011, 10:27 PM
ReYfu5E-hOE

Soonerfan88
8/11/2011, 10:31 PM

Whorns insistence on their own network was the reason the deal fell through last summer, no matter what A&M said. No conference (well, maybe ConfUSA or the WAC) will take * with their own network, especially the contract they currently have with ESPN.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/11/2011, 10:45 PM
Sources said Thursday the SEC would be interested in adding Oklahoma and Oklahoma State and Virginia Tech in addition to Texas A&M to form a 16-team super conference. Florida State has also been mentioned as a possible target of the SEC, according to Big 12 sources.

Two officials at separate Big 12 schools said Oklahoma and Oklahoma State would stay in the Big 12 as long as the other schools were willing to stay together. A third official in the Big 12 said the remaining nine schools were "solid."

Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds said Wednesday it would be Texas' goal to hold the Big 12 together. But if there wasn't sentiment for that he said Texas and a school like Notre Dame should look at starting their own conference. Dodds has said he is against Texas going independent.

A high-ranking official at a Big 12 school said the Pac-12 could re-enter the picture if Texas A&M leaves for the SEC. The official said Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott has indicated he would love to set up regional networks in Oklahoma and Texas Tech to accommodate Oklahoma and Oklahoma State as well as Texas and Texas Tech.

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1250840

NorthernIowaSooner
8/11/2011, 10:47 PM
Whorns insistence on their own network was the reason the deal fell through last summer, no matter what A&M said. No conference (well, maybe ConfUSA or the WAC) will take * with their own network, especially the contract they currently have with ESPN.

I think the Pac-12 commissioner said as much a couple weeks ago.

Basically stated that their TV deal would keep texas from the PAC and be tough for any conference to take in b/c of their network.

All the other conferences went in on giant TV deals as a group and won't take on an individual team with their own network. The Big XII didn't have the leverage to tell texas no because they were trying to save the conference.

Now the Big XII will probably still go under and texas will be without a conference. Pretty sure not that is not what they had envisioned a year ago.

SicEmBaylor
8/11/2011, 10:56 PM
OU needs to get out and get out now while it can.

Same thing with us (but we won't).

Find a life boat and get aboard.

delhalew
8/11/2011, 11:00 PM
Geography could work in OU's favor on this one, OU's traveling would be about the same for the Big-10, Pac-12 or the SEC and contrary to what haters say, they would all kill to get OU in their conference. Not a major TV market, but certainly a national brand that would get recognition that would bring in the primetime viewing slots the conferences want. The SEC and Big-10 have the best TV packages, the PAC-12 is still an unknown quantity in what they can get out of the networks. But I think they would court OU more as that would help them get more money in a negotiation.

Ummmm. You don't drive around the country much. Anywhere in the SEC can be done in a day (and a little change for Gainesville, South Carolina, or Kentucky). The Big Ten is more difficult. Don't even get me started on the 12 PAC. Only the Arizonas and Colorado, barely, are within reach.

Sabanball
8/11/2011, 11:11 PM
You guys will end up in the PAC 14-16. Bank it.

The SEC would love to have you guys, but I think any scenario with Okie St is a pipe dream. They bring nothing of value that we as a conference don't already have. Also, and I hate to say this, but I truly believe that Pres. Boren and your BOR secretly have NO desire to be in the SEC. I realize their public statements don't jive with this, so it's just a theory of mine. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am....:)

soonerboy_odanorth
8/11/2011, 11:16 PM
I thought the rumor was that if aTm decided to join the SEC, their other target would be either Clemson or Florida State in order to add another signature rivalry to the portfolio (i.e. Clemson v. South Carolina or Georgia, or FSU-Florida.)? OR, that if there was a chance they could get both of those they would then reach out to Va Tech or Miami to finalize the 16-team super conference. Can't recall where I read that speculation...

Sooner98
8/11/2011, 11:25 PM
Sources said Thursday the SEC would be interested in adding Oklahoma and Oklahoma State and Virginia Tech in addition to Texas A&M to form a 16-team super conference. Florida State has also been mentioned as a possible target of the SEC, according to Big 12 sources.

Two officials at separate Big 12 schools said Oklahoma and Oklahoma State would stay in the Big 12 as long as the other schools were willing to stay together. A third official in the Big 12 said the remaining nine schools were "solid."

Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds said Wednesday it would be Texas' goal to hold the Big 12 together. But if there wasn't sentiment for that he said Texas and a school like Notre Dame should look at starting their own conference. Dodds has said he is against Texas going independent.

A high-ranking official at a Big 12 school said the Pac-12 could re-enter the picture if Texas A&M leaves for the SEC. The official said Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott has indicated he would love to set up regional networks in Oklahoma and Texas Tech to accommodate Oklahoma and Oklahoma State as well as Texas and Texas Tech.

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1250840

I think I am going to be sick.

Sabanball
8/11/2011, 11:26 PM
I thought the rumor was that if aTm decided to join the SEC, their other target would be either Clemson or Florida State in order to add another signature rivalry to the portfolio (i.e. Clemson v. South Carolina or Georgia, or FSU-Florida.)? OR, that if there was a chance they could get both of those they would then reach out to Va Tech or Miami to finalize the 16-team super conference. Can't recall where I read that speculation...

There is some speculation that FSU would be the invite from the east, but something tells me that UF will veto that.

SoonerMom2
8/11/2011, 11:27 PM
I drive a lot and with all our families transfers we have been all the Country and then you throw in visiting family in Florida or NY. I find driving east very boring including going to Gainesville when my daughter lived there. It is worse going back to OH or KY with all the fields of corn and soy beans. UGH!

Much prefer driving west because I love the mountains and there are so many interesting places to stop. Then there is so much to do in SoCal if we played UCLA or USC.

Big 10 is way too far -- even the Big 10 schools don't like to go to Penn State. No thanks to the Big 10!

SoonerMom2
8/11/2011, 11:29 PM
I don't believe that President Boren is going to stay in the Big 9 if A&M leaves because it is only a matter of time before more leave. That would be foolish and that he is not.

sooner59
8/11/2011, 11:29 PM
If we stay in a 9 team conference without Nebraska, A&M, and Colorado....AND with texas doing all of this BS, then I will lose respect for Joe and Boren. That would just be awful.

SoonerMom2
8/11/2011, 11:34 PM
If we stay in a 9 team conference without Nebraska, A&M, and Colorado....AND with texas doing all of this BS, then I will lose respect for Joe and Boren. That would just be awful.

That makes two of us plus about 99.99% of the Sooner Nation so that is not going to happen. Boren is too smart for that! I cannot see that happening at all. That would be dumb and those two are not dumb. Now if it was Beebee, dumb would fit!

delhalew
8/11/2011, 11:34 PM

I have to say, at that point, I may begin a smear campaign against the two, and curse their names daily.

SoonerMom2
8/11/2011, 11:38 PM
Is that why Mack Brown isn't too happy with the Longhorn Network -- keeps them from going to another conference? His reaction has been strange, but then it is Mack Brown.

soonervegas
8/11/2011, 11:39 PM
You guys will end up in the PAC 14-16. Bank it.

The SEC would love to have you guys, but I think any scenario with Okie St is a pipe dream. They bring nothing of value that we as a conference don't already have. Also, and I hate to say this, but I truly believe that Pres. Boren and your BOR secretly have NO desire to be in the SEC. I realize their public statements don't jive with this, so it's just a theory of mine. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am....:)

I think you are 100% correct about the BOR not wanting to go SEC.

soonervegas
8/11/2011, 11:40 PM
I think I am going to be sick.

Agreed

mgsooner
8/11/2011, 11:41 PM
Boren has worked very hard to improve the academic standing and reputation of OU. That is the number one reason why OU will NOT go to the SEC.

delhalew
8/11/2011, 11:56 PM
Boren has worked very hard to improve the academic standing and reputation of OU. That is the number one reason why OU will NOT go to the SEC.

Irrelevant. Vandy still has classes I hear.

SoonerofAlabama
8/12/2011, 12:21 AM
V1Gn0e7kvTA

MeMyself&Me
8/12/2011, 12:56 AM
Would you rather have Big 12-2+4 or be where the conference is now?

I think I answered that in the post you quoted. Not sure what it had to be asked.

TCU adds a pretty freaking good football team and strenghtens the FW/Dallas market.

A good football team for now (historically not so much when it was in a real conference) but it does NOTHING for the DFW market. No one there cares for one and second, OU and Texas have that market LOCKED. Enough with the TCU stuff already.

Memphis brings a decent size tv market.

But absolutely nothing else. Essentially, Memphis would guarantee that Memphis conference games against marquee programs like OU and Tejas would be on TV in Memphis instead of some other ABC/ESPN matchup and that's it. In the end, they would be taking more money than they add.

BYU brings the world as there is mormons everywhere and they already have a tv network.

I agree here and have argued in the past they the Big 12 should be pursuing them. They are one of the very few that would add more than they take. Also, the inequal pay structure of the Big 12 and ability to have individual networks should appeal to them.

The rest are truely bottom feeders who benefit from location. They'll be on par with k-state, ISU, Baylor and Kansas. These programs will reap the rewards of playing UT, A&M, OSU and OU and their fans would live for that game when the big teams didn't bring their A game.

They'd all have to be put on a 3 or 4 year plan where they had to get their facilities up to Big 12 "specs" or they were booted, fined and replaced.

Adding a mouth to feed to wait to get them up to par won't work and makes no sense.

I'm still reminded of the moron posters who were on here a year ago saying that BYU and Notre Dame were busting down our door to join the Big 12. Where are those people now? :D

I don't remember a single poster saying BYU and Notre Dame would be busting down our door to join the Big 12 or anything quite like that. I have argued several time that the Big 12 needed to pursue them though because the Big 12's inequal pay structure and ability to have own networks would make the Big 12 a better financial fit than anywhere else but I've always regarded Notre Dame as a long shot due to their traditional ties to the Big 10, the traditional ties to independence, and their non-football allegiance to the Big East... but certainly worth a try. However, to the best of my knowledge, I don't think Big 12 officials have approached either which makes the point mute. I think at this point, the Big 12 will look to unstable to anyone except maybe members of the Big East who could stand to lose out in a world of Super Conferences. But now that's a long shot.

And no way in hell is Notre Dame joining this conference, it makes no sense for them to. Not with that tv contract with NBC.

Actually, Notre Dame doesn't make as much off of NBC as they would via TV rights from ANY of the BCS conferences. That independent contract was good 20 years ago but it's not paying out as well anymore. However, I don't think that matters anymore.

MeMyself&Me
8/12/2011, 01:10 AM
I think Boren and Joe C. still think OU's best interest are standing with Texas and that comes from reading in between the lines of the various 'reports' and 'sources' and quotes from certain figures. So, if that means trying to hold a smaller Big 12 together with 9 teams, I think that's what we're going to see happen. And I hate to see it... mainly for the diminished national perception. OU will always schedule OOC strong so their schedule strength will always be good but people aren't going to look that far... they'll just say 'they played a weak schedule, just LOOK at their conference' or 'they didn't have to play a conference championship game'. Bleh...

I think I could handle any super conference that OU could be in as long as it consisted of an 8 team division (HATE the 4 team 'pods') and it had some local teams in that division that OU is used to playing. I've seen that proposed with the Pac, I've seen that proposed with the Big 10, and I've seen that proposed with the SEC. It's probably more likely to work out that way if it's with the Pac though and that's where my preference is. Also, I think a move of Tech, OU, and OSU to the Pac would force Texas to go to the Pac as well (giving up on LHN).

SoonerofAlabama
8/12/2011, 01:10 AM
Okay, I don't understand all that goes into this, but if A&M goes to the SEC, UT goes Independent, OU, OSU, Missouri, and TT go to make the Pac-16, could the Big East take Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas, and Kansas State (which I think would make the Big East have a conference championship)? I don't know if this is possible, but I am just wondering if these "lower-end" schools would have to go to the small, non-BCS conferences like the C-USA and Sun Belt.

MeMyself&Me
8/12/2011, 01:16 AM
Okay, I don't understand all that goes into this, but if A&M goes to the SEC, UT goes Independent, OU, OSU, Missouri, and TT go to make the Pac-16, could the Big East take Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas, and Kansas State (which I think would make the Big East have a conference championship)? I don't know if this is possible, but I am just wondering if these "lower-end" schools would have to go to the small, non-BCS conferences like the C-USA and Sun Belt.

Baylor and Iowas State will certainly find their way to something like C-USA or the Sun Belt. They really don't offer anything to any BCS conference, not even a BCS wannabe like the MWC.

Kansas would likely end up in the Big East. Kansas State may go with them for political reasons but if they couldn't make themselves tied to Kansas they'd be MWC at best but may fall all the way down like Baylor and Iowa State.

By the way. I don't think Texas is going independent. I know people keep saying this but it just doesn't make sense. This is why they are so desperate to make the Big 12 work because it's the only conference where they can have their own network.

SoonerofAlabama
8/12/2011, 01:34 AM
Ok, on that last part of yours. Say UT does go with us to the Pac-12.

1. What about the Longhorn Network interfering with the Pac-12 Network?

And 2. Which school (Mizzou, TT, OSU) is out to a smaller conference and where do they go?

MeMyself&Me
8/12/2011, 01:47 AM
Ok, on that last part of yours. Say UT does go with us to the Pac-12.

1. What about the Longhorn Network interfering with the Pac-12 Network?

And 2. Which school (Mizzou, TT, OSU) is out to a smaller conference and where do they go?

1) The Longhorn Network would have to be at least reworked and maybe scrapped. This is why Tejas is so hellbent on keeping the Big 12 together.

2) I think it would be Texas and their tag-a-long Tech and OU and their tag-a-long OSU. Mizzou will need to hope for an offer from the Big 10 or the SEC and really, they could get it with access to two large TV markets and an overall program that isn't bad.

MeMyself&Me
8/12/2011, 01:55 AM
Just had a look at a couple whoren boards. Looks like their fans are warming to the idea of revisiting the Pac deal even if it means scrapping the The Longhorn Network. Maybe this attitude will work it's way up to those that matter and we'll get lucky. :)

REALLY don't want to stick around in a 9 member conference. :(

SoonerofAlabama
OK, if UT did go independent, what would be the problem and why do you think it doesn't make sense?

Sooner Cal
As I see it, there are two reasons why the SEC is a non-starter.
1. States in the SEC are some of the poorest in terms of academics at both the high school and collegiate levels. It would do nothing for OU's image as a top tier educational institution.
2. who wants to interact with fans from LSU and Arkansas on an annual basis?

Getting a home and away every year with USC and UCLA would be a big plus for recruiting in So Cal. We'd still be successful recruiting in Texas.. And being in the PAC would raise the perception of OU's academics.

UT's contract with ESPN may leave them out in the cold. No way does a network for a single University work. Their inability to have games on a PAC network makes them less attractive to the PAC and other conferences. UT arrogance will get them.

A 9 team conference won't get much of a tv contract next time around. If Mizzou leaves it takes the St Louis market and the 8 team league is screwed.

If A&M leaves, the league is done. I think Boren and Joe C. Hoped UT would show the way. They did, but what they will prove is the single school network is financially unviable. We could never get one to work for OU.

LASooner
8/12/2011, 02:31 AM
Ummmm. You don't drive around the country much

No, I heretically acknowledge the existence of airplanes.

d.stOUgh
8/12/2011, 04:36 AM
As a longtime season ticket holder, I'd love the idea of being in the SEC. Home games against any of those schools is better than an annual does of Baylor, Tech, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, and Oklahoma State.

Also, getting to visiting real stadiums. The only other real stadiums in the Big 12 outside of Norman are in College Station and Austin. We'll never play in Austin, and we only play in College Station every two years. Nebraska was real.

I'd love road games to Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss, Bama, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, Auburn...much more tradition than rolling into Waco or Ames or Lubbock.

I'm with you on this move...sec's defense vs OUs' offense and defense plus the closer the road trips makes sense to me!

soonerfromgeorgia
8/12/2011, 05:28 AM
I'm with you on this move...sec's defense vs OUs' offense and defense plus the closer the road trips makes sense to me!

1. For all the bashing of the SEC I've seen here by OU fans, it seems about 50% of you guys want no part of playing those teams week in and week out. You'd rather run out to the Pac-whatever and play lesser competition. To be the best you have to beat the best, come back up the talk.

2. Why doesn't OU have the balls of A&M? They are standing up to Texas, we are still being their b****.

Being in SEC country I want OU to come to the SEC so I'll get more oportunities to watch the Sooners.

AlboSooner
8/12/2011, 06:35 AM
1. For all the bashing of the SEC I've seen here by OU fans, it seems about 50% of you guys want no part of playing those teams week in and week out. You'd rather run out to the Pac-whatever and play lesser competition. To be the best you have to beat the best, come back up the talk.

2. Why doesn't OU have the balls of A&M? They are standing up to Texas, we are still being their b****.

Being in SEC country I want OU to come to the SEC so I'll get more oportunities to watch the Sooners.

It has nothing to do with balls or lack thereof. This is not high schoool. This is about $$$ and OU- Texas have realized they make more $$$ together.

hefley001
8/12/2011, 07:01 AM
Bro, you're on an OU site. Be cool to these people. They're good people on this site. I don't care if you go to LandThieves and say that though, not a huge fan there, but the people on this site are good

I'm fully aware of what site I'm on bro. I haven't been back in Oklahoma for 15 years.........gotta give my goon brothers some love

soonervegas
8/12/2011, 07:09 AM
I am officially going to call Deloss Dodds, Obi-Won from now on. The fact that he has our admin as well as our fan base thinking that Texas has our best interest in mind is simply phenominal. Texas will cut our throats athletically as soon as they get the chance. (i.e. Moving to the Big 10 near the end of all this super conference shuffling)

JohnnyMack
8/12/2011, 07:29 AM
I have to say, at that point, I may begin a smear campaign against the two, and curse their names daily.

I'm down. We can **** in brown paper bags and fling them at the Boyd House front door if need be.

SoonersEnFuego
8/12/2011, 07:39 AM
By the way, being called "Gooner" hurts about as much as being called "Cracker"...
Almost none. Try again.

And this has been discussed before: How can we be rivals when our record versus them is 82-16-7?

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/12/2011, 07:46 AM
I'm fully aware of what site I'm on bro. I haven't been back in Oklahoma for 15 years.........gotta give my goon brothers some love

Cool story

King Barry's Back
8/12/2011, 08:08 AM
**** the Pac-12. I don't want to play USC and Oregon every year. Bob doesn't want to play Mike every year either.

**** the Pac-12.

And why can't we jettison OSU like Iowa did to ISU?

I agree with your general sentiments, but if Mike doesn't win a few more games, the Stoops brothers may not have to worry about playing each other.

And we don't want to jettison OSU because, as much as we hate it, the "Bedlam" series of rivalries are usually pretty good, travel time/cost is cheap, and the relationship between the schools is very strong in all areas. Except of course the fans.

Make no mistake: Losing our rivalries with Nebraska, Texas AND OkSt would be a serious blow.

Would it mean we couldn't be national champions again? No, it wouldn't. But look at how much it cost Nebraska to give up our yearly match up, and multiply it.

delhalew
8/12/2011, 08:09 AM
I'm down. We can **** in brown paper bags and fling them at the Boyd House front door if need be.

Hee he. Boran got **** on his shoe, durp.

King Barry's Back
8/12/2011, 08:17 AM
Have legislators come out and said that OU and OSU are attached at the hip? Why does everyone just assume this?

Good point. For years, everybody just assumed that the TX Legislature would never allow UT and A&M to separate.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/12/2011, 08:17 AM

Let's talk about "the Best". UCLA, UC Berkeley, and Stanford are among the top 20 universities in the world.

Augusta_Sooner
8/12/2011, 08:19 AM
I agree that if A&M leaves, the conference is done. The conference would be down to 9 members after losing a top 15 program with strong ties to the 10th largest TV market and 4th largest city in the U.S. This will force the Big 12 to re-work their TV contracts since they just lost a large viewing audience. As a result, the Big 12's TV contracts will have less revenue to share. The LHN only works if they stay in the Big 12. No other conference with their own TV network (SEC, Big 10 and Pac 12) will allow Texas to keep the LHN, I don't care how much influence Texas has. So, if A&M leaves, that forces Texas into one of 2 options in my opinion:

1. Scrap the LHN and bolt for another conference along with OU and whoever else is invited, or

2. Go independent in order to keep the LHN

I think the key here is whether Texas is hell bent on keeping their own network. Texas will do a cost analysis and calculate the money they project to generate from the LHN such as, revenue from their deal with ESPN, advertisement dollars, etc. Advertisement revenue is the most important piece in generating the money needed to sustain the LHN. Without enough advertisement dollars, I think the LHN will struggle to survive. I think their deal with ESPN is $30 million over 10 yrs? All of this will be compared to the money they'd receive from moving to another conference. Regardless of what Texas does, the rivalry between OU and Texas doesn't have to end. They could always play against each other OOC, i.e., USC and Notre Dame and S. Carolina and Clemson.

Now, the question is which conference will OU join? The Big 10 makes sense because of their academics and geographical location. The Pac 12 is more attractive because that gives you a better chance to recruit California. These kids will get to come home and play in front of their family and friends a few times each year if they come to OU. OU would then have strong recruiting ties to both Texas and California. In addition, who wouldn't want access to large markets such as Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, Denver and Salt Lake City. Exposing your program to kids in those large cities is always a plus. Bob Stoops has said before he favors joining the Pac 12 if they have to change conferences because it gives OU a better chance to recruit California and the abundance of talent out there. I think if the Big 12 implodes, OU joins the Pac 12, with or without Texas.

Mac94
8/12/2011, 08:20 AM
It has nothing to do with balls or lack thereof. This is not high schoool. This is about $$$ and OU- Texas have realized they make more $$$ together.

Oklahoma has a need for Texas .... Football prgrams live and die by recruiting ... and OU has made a living off of getting kids out of Texas. OU needs to maintain its presense in this state like its had for decades either as a member of the Big-12 or with the annual game with Texas in Dallas.

A&M's location in a talent rich state gives us the flexibility to move east ... we can switch conferences and not cut off out recruiting base. Schools in smaller states cannot to that .... it hurt Arkansdas for yrs before they modified their recruting when they were curt off from Texas. Its somethign to watch with Nebraska ... they used to recruit Texas but are now cut off from the state with their move to the midwest.

Ideally for OU ... in my opinion ... is the move west with Texas or if Texas goes indy keeping the game in Dallas as an OOC. Stay paired with Tech and keep the game in Dallas with the Horns to maintain the Texas recruiting base while strengthing recruiting out in Cali. OU has had some history with kids from out west from Demarco from Las Vegas and wasnt' J. Holliway from LA?

King Barry's Back
8/12/2011, 08:33 AM
Agree.... PAC14

NORTH

Cal
Oregon
Oregonst
Stanford
Wash
Washst
UTAH

SOUTH

AZ
AZST
CU
UCLA
USC
OU
OSU

I know peeps would like to break away from OSU...but hell, why? We own them....lol

And personally I'd like to bust Usuc in the mouth each year for the Div title.. Yea!

I don't want to nitpick, but I'd trade UTAH for one of the LA schools, and call the divisions EAST and WEST. Much better geographic arrangement than going to LA every year.

MeMyself&Me
8/12/2011, 08:49 AM
OK, if UT did go independent, what would be the problem and why do you think it doesn't make sense?

Once super conferences are here, they will find it difficult to schedule a full suite of meaningful football games. Oh sure, the 'have not' schools will jump at the opportunity to play them but no one is going to be excited (including network executives) to watch them play a schedule full of Rice, Houston, SMU, UTEP, Florida Atlantic and one marquee game with OU (which won't be on LHN). ND (who would make more money in a conference) has been independent for a long time and has natural yearly rivalries built in that helps their scheduling. Texas doesn't have that. Also, ND is truely a national draw. While Texas does have a national presence due to their success on the field, if they ever hit a rough spot (like all programs do), their interest will be completely regionalized to the state of Texas.

Oklahoma has a need for Texas .... Football prgrams live and die by recruiting ... and OU has made a living off of getting kids out of Texas. OU needs to maintain its presense in this state like its had for decades either as a member of the Big-12 or with the annual game with Texas in Dallas.

A&M's location in a talent rich state gives us the flexibility to move east ... we can switch conferences and not cut off out recruiting base. Schools in smaller states cannot to that .... it hurt Arkansdas for yrs before they modified their recruting when they were curt off from Texas. Its somethign to watch with Nebraska ... they used to recruit Texas but are now cut off from the state with their move to the midwest.

Ideally for OU ... in my opinion ... is the move west with Texas or if Texas goes indy keeping the game in Dallas as an OOC. Stay paired with Tech and keep the game in Dallas with the Horns to maintain the Texas recruiting base while strengthing recruiting out in Cali. OU has had some history with kids from out west from Demarco from Las Vegas and wasnt' J. Holliway from LA?

I agree with all that was said there. It's why my preference is for OU to move to a conference with Texas. Not preferring the SEC has partially to do with that. It also has to do with all the realistic plans I've seen that don't include any local schools that OU is already playing going to the SEC except aTm. It also has to do with the fact I don't want ANY interaction with LSU fans (absolute scum from the toddlers to the grannies).

It has nothing to do with not wanting to play the best.

hefley001
8/12/2011, 09:25 AM
[QUOTE=SoonersEnFuego;3316588]By the way, being called "Gooner" hurts about as much as being called "Cracker"...
Almost none. Try again.[QUOTE]

I wasn't trying to hurt you......its a term of indearment. Cherrish it :P

Dio
8/12/2011, 09:28 AM
I am officially going to call Deloss Dodds, Obi-Won from now on. The fact that he has our admin as well as our fan base thinking that Texas has our best interest in mind is simply phenominal. Texas will cut our throats athletically as soon as they get the chance. (i.e. Moving to the Big 10 near the end of all this super conference shuffling)

I don't think DeLoss has our best interests in mind for a second, but the ability to see where our interests parallel theirs and not just say "Durr, Texas bad!" 24/7 is what separates us from Aggy. AnM is shooting themselves in the foot big time with this move, especially since the rest of the Big XII Lite was able to push the horns back re: HS & conference games on the LHN. They're just looking for a reason to take their (squeezed) ball and go east.

JohnnyMack
8/12/2011, 09:29 AM

Yeah no matter what happens, OU/Texas in the Cotton Bowl (or eventually Jerry-World) won't cease to exist. Be that with or without Texas as a member of the PAC-16.

My theory:

West:

UW
Wash State
Oregon
Oregon State
Stanford
Cal
USC
UCLA

East:

Arizona
ASU
OU
OSU
Texas
Texas Tech
Colorado
Utah

Soonermagik
8/12/2011, 09:32 AM
We need to stick with Texas. OUr rivalry is probably the best true rivalry left. I say we take Tech, OSU, Texas and bolt for the PAC 12

Mac94
8/12/2011, 09:34 AM
AnM is shooting themselves in the foot big time with this move

Maybe ... maybe not. this is a high rick high reward move but IF it happens there is some logic to it.

The Big-12-2 is a very unstable thing .... anyone want to bet their life savings on whether it'll be around in ten years? As soon as the deal was reached last summer all the specualtion was that is was doomed to fall apart in time anyway.

Anyone doubt the stability of the SEC? Anyone want to bet their life savings the the SEC will crumble in the next ten years?

We are in an unstable conference and a rock solid, strong conference wants us ... we'd be crazy not to look into it. The interest on the SEC's part is not guaranteed to always be there ... with the instability we are currently in why gamble that if/when the Big-12 falls apart five or ten yrs from now that we'd have a safe landing spot when we have a safe landing spot right now!

Dio
8/12/2011, 09:46 AM
Maybe ... maybe not. this is a high rick high reward move but IF it happens there is some logic to it.

The Big-12-2 is a very unstable thing .... anyone want to bet their life savings on whether it'll be around in ten years? As soon as the deal was reached last summer all the specualtion was that is was doomed to fall apart in time anyway.

Anyone doubt the stability of the SEC? Anyone want to bet their life savings the the SEC will crumble in the next ten years?

We are in an unstable conference and a rock solid, strong conference wants us ... we'd be crazy not to look into it. The interest on the SEC's part is not guaranteed to always be there ... with the instability we are currently in why gamble that if/when the Big-12 falls apart five or ten yrs from now that we'd have a safe landing spot when we have a safe landing spot right now!

If by "safe landing spot" you mean "paying exorbitant exit fees to go someplace you'll be lucky to play .500 ball most years", then yes. Also, A&M in the SEC will open the doors for LSU, Arky, and Bama to recruit the Texas kids who don't want to be horns you guys would normally be going after. They can say "you'll get to play in Texas every other year when we play at A&M".

The conf. is at a tipping point right now, but it's A&M doing the tipping. Not that I really GAS- we're OU, we're going to be fine wherever we end up.

70sooner
8/12/2011, 09:47 AM

OU and Texas have only been part of the same conference in the BIG 12 for 16 years and previously in the SWC back in 1914 to 1919. OU has always and will always recruit well in Texas. And as long as OU and UT play each other, and there is no reason to think they wouldn't, I see nothing to change that fact. Like you, I think going to the PAC 12 really opens up the West Coast even moreso for OU. It also would really **** off CU fans and that makes me smile even more.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/12/2011, 09:47 AM
Who keeps saying LosuR has to come with us. That's Barbra Streisand! There are lots of Pros! The only Con I can think of is that we may lose an almost guaranteed win every year.

OUNASH
8/12/2011, 09:50 AM
We need to stick with Texas. OUr rivalry is probably the best true rivalry left. I say we take Tech, OSU, Texas and bolt for the PAC 12

I say screw saxet, Nebraska and Colorado were the smart ones, leaving when they did. You can still have the rivalry without them being in the same conference. We did it for years. saxet has ruined every conference they have been in. Time to tell them to shove it and move on without them.

MeMyself&Me
8/12/2011, 09:54 AM
If by "safe landing spot" you mean "paying exorbitant exit fees to go someplace you'll be lucky to play .500 ball most years", then yes. Also, A&M in the SEC will open the doors for LSU, Arky, and Bama to recruit the Texas kids who don't want to be horns you guys would normally be going after. They can say "you'll get to play in Texas every other year when we play at A&M".

The conf. is at a tipping point right now, but it's A&M doing the tipping. Not that I really GAS- we're OU, we're going to be fine wherever we end up.

LSU, Arky, and Bama may be able to tell Texas kids they can play in the SEC and play in Texas ever OTHER year but aTm will be able tell Texas kids they can play in the SEC and play in Texas not only EVERY year but SEVERAL times a year. I do agree that it opens the door to other SEC teams into Texas but that's not a one-way door. aTm will be able to also recruit in traditional SEC territories better.

I think aTm will recruit against Texas and OU better with this move so I see them getting better, though it may not be apparent on the field at first.

C&CDean
8/12/2011, 09:57 AM
[QUOTE=SoonersEnFuego;3316588]By the way, being called "Gooner" hurts about as much as being called "Cracker"...

Dexter, is that you?

BoulderSooner79
8/12/2011, 09:58 AM
I don't think DeLoss has our best interests in mind for a second, but the ability to see where our interests parallel theirs and not just say "Durr, Texas bad!" 24/7 is what separates us from Aggy. AnM is shooting themselves in the foot big time with this move, especially since the rest of the Big XII Lite was able to push the horns back re: HS & conference games on the LHN. They're just looking for a reason to take their (squeezed) ball and go east.

I agree decisions should be made on a rational basis, but I don't see aTm as shooting themselves in the foot. The SEC is stable and well funded and they share revenues equally - at least at the moment. It certainly could backfire if they turn out to be doormats and attendance plummets, so there is risk.

Mac94
8/12/2011, 10:06 AM
A&M in the SEC will open the doors for LSU, Arky, and Bama to recruit the Texas kids who don't want to be horns you guys would normally be going after. They can say "you'll get to play in Texas every other year when we play at A&M".

LSU and Arky already recruit Texas hard ... all of the SEC does ... Bama won the MNC against Texas with a starting QB from ... Texas.

Now ... Bama and the other East schools would be selling kids one game in Texas at best in their entire playing career ... woohoo ... the West schools two games. Don;t know if thats much of a selling point thats gonna change the game all that much. The SEC already recruits here ... Arky is already in Texas with their series with us in Jerry's world.

As for the stability of the big-12 ... go back and look at all the articles from last year after the ten remaining schools "kissed and made up" and made nice and kept the league together ... so many people we saying its only a matter of time. The league would not last ... Superconferences were gonna happen at some point. Larry Scotts gambit, although a failure, was visionary and would be the future. Don;t think we thought the demise would be this quick ... assuming the Ags to bolt ... but it was widely thought to be "just a matter of time."

As to how well we'll do in the SEC ... as I said ... I think we'll get our butts kicked for awhile ... but we'll get up to speed in time. We'll have down years but we'll also have good seasons as well ... Ole Miss, Miss St., S. Carolina, Arkansas all have had good seasons ... and A&M has alot of advantages over those schools. LSU and Bama have had down times as well. There is alot of risk ... but there is a chance for huge reward. And remember ... good ol coach Fran of 0-77 fame managed ten wins in the SEC once. there is alwasy hope ;)

Mac94
8/12/2011, 10:16 AM
And now enters the politicians ... House Higher Education Cmte meeting August 16th

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs/82R/schedules/html/C2902011081614001.htm

Dr. Jelly Finger
8/12/2011, 10:17 AM

Spehling iz haurd

delhalew
8/12/2011, 10:17 AM
This ball is rolling quickly. We should pave the road to the SEC. Being relagated to late games against Colorado and Utah is not the way to move forward. We are a bell cow. We belong in a Mecca of football tradition. So what it you have to deal with some drunken cajuns. Most SEC fans will welcome you to town the way we do.

West of Oklahoma, college football is an afterthought. We don't have a hacky sack team.

47straight
8/12/2011, 10:36 AM
Hefley001 has yet to defame any of our players by calling them a violent thug or lie out his *** about his own team.

Maybe if he did he'd be more welcome.

BoomerJack
8/12/2011, 10:39 AM
Realistically, I believe that everyone knew it was just a matter of time before the Big XII as a ten team conf. would eventually fall apart. But I certainly didn't think it would be this soon.

Now I know some are going to say "nothing has really been decided yet until TAMU's board meets", yada, yada, yada. But it's gonna happen.

MeMyself&Me
8/12/2011, 10:41 AM
So what it you have to deal with some drunken cajuns.

I'm going to take a wild guess you weren't in New Orleans in January of '04. It was more than just drunkenness. Pure scum. And they would be one of our closer games.

If the SEC deal included OU, aTm, OSU, and Missouri I would be more open to it. The big thing to me is keeping some semblance of what OU has. Unfortunately, I think a deal like that might kill our Cotton Bowl tradition and is why I prefer a move with Texas which is not going to be SEC.

People need to get off this 'afraid to play the best' stuff. The reluctance to go SEC is that we'd be essentially starting completely new with almost no traditional rivals of any kind.

Sooner_Tuf
8/12/2011, 10:46 AM

Prison sucks! Look on the bright side. You are the only one here that has a chance to be profiled on MSNBC's Lock Down.

Sooner98
8/12/2011, 10:48 AM
My choices for OU:

1. SEC
1a. Pac w/Texas
1b. Pac w/o Texas
2. Big Ten
3. ACC
4. Big East
5. Mountain West
6. WAC
7. C-USA
8. MAC
>
>
>
>
>
78. Remain in the "Texas 9" Conference

I really hope I am wrong about this, but I get the feeling that based on past comments by Castiglione and Stoops about strength of schedule, and also on our past few performances against SEC teams, that OU's leadership is actually scared of going to the SEC and possibly getting exposed there. They probably enjoy going to stadiums of 45,000 people (like we have many of, here in this mid-major conference) where we seem to be pretty comfortable right now, and don't like the idea of going to all of the stadiums of 80-100K screaming SEC fans every other week, and have to actually run through a gauntlet like that. Please, someone convince me I am wrong.

Sooner_Havok
8/12/2011, 10:49 AM
Dave has spent to much time and effort in building up OU's academic perception. There is no way he tosses that aside to join the SEC. Not saying that there aren't good academics in the SEC (UF and Vandy are good, damn good) but the overall perception of the SEC is "Duh, Duh, FEETBALL! SEC! SEC!"

If I had to guess, Dave's first choice would be the Big 10. We would be the Taco Tech as far as academics goes, but it would boost our academic perception, and we get a built in rival right off the bat.

PAC would be damn good second choice. Good academics, big money markets, and opens the door to more SoCal recruiting. And if you think that OU/USC wouldn't be a national prime time game most years, you are delusional.

delhalew
8/12/2011, 10:53 AM
Jesus. Being in the SEC doesn't hurt our academics.

Larry Scott and Mike Slive will have a brawl over OU.

soonervegas
8/12/2011, 10:57 AM

Dio, I get that. I just strongly believe our best interest is not sticking with Texas in a Big 9. That's paints us into a corner as expansion moves forward. Texas will always have the Big 10 or Indy as an out. We don't have as many options....Pac-12 seems like the only real viable option when you take into account who wants us and what our admin wants. My hope is:

1. Pac 12 w/Texas
2. SEC
3. Pac 12 w/o Texas
1000.The Big 9

I want to stay with Texas if possible, but not at the cost of being left behind.

Sooner_Havok
8/12/2011, 11:05 AM
Jesus. Being in the SEC doesn't hurt our academics.

Larry Scott and Mike Slive will have a brawl over OU.

No, it doesn't actually hurt them, but it would hurt the perception. I thought I used the word perception enough, guess I didn't.

Perception is a big deal. If you are trying to be taken seriously as an academic institution, would you rather be associated with UC Berkley and Stanford USC and UCLA, Northwestern, Michigan, Wisconsin, Penn State, and Illinois, or Vandy, Florida, Ole Miss, and Mississippi State?

Look, like I said, Vandy and UF are damn good academic instituions, but they have to fight the stereo type of idiot SEC fans. Does it hurt there programs, no, but when you think of top schools, you don't think of many SEC schools because of the idiot hick stereo types.

budbarrybob
8/12/2011, 11:12 AM
Spek!

Wish I had Farkin' skillz! I'd fark Dan Beebe in and call him Baghdad Beebe or Big12 Bob

JohnnyMack
8/12/2011, 11:12 AM
This ball is rolling quickly. We should pave the road to the SEC. Being relagated to late games against Colorado and Utah is not the way to move forward. We are a bell cow. We belong in a Mecca of football tradition. So what it you have to deal with some drunken cajuns. Most SEC fans will welcome you to town the way we do.

West of Oklahoma, college football is an afterthought. We don't have a hacky sack team.

Being Oklahoma, we don't have anything to prove to anybody on the football field. Can you explain the logic of wanting to go to the SEC and getting our skulls kicked in every other week as opposed to being a top dog in the PAC? The entire point of OU football is:

1) Win National Championships
2) Win Conference Championships
3) Win football games
4) Put butts in the seats

I for one don't think a move to the SEC gives us a good road towards the first 3 targets, but that's just my opinion.

Sooner in Tampa
8/12/2011, 11:18 AM
SEC...the East Coast Bias is REAL!!! Who in the hell is REALLY watching football games at 10/1030 pm at night? By that time, I have reached my saturation point with College Football...I mean...I start at 10am.

We need to be in SEC first...Pac whatever second.

Sooner_Havok
8/12/2011, 11:22 AM
I still don't see this whole "The SEC would be brutal" thing. Say (God forbid) we wound up in the SEC. So, we play Alabama, Florida, and LSU now. Georgia and Tennessee might get good again, and Auburn is pretty good. Wow, that is brutal. I mean, if we went to the Big 10 we would get to play perennial cupcakes like Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Nebraska. Plus, we all know the big 10 has some of the smallest, easiest to visit stadiums in the nation.

badger
8/12/2011, 11:22 AM
Are you kidding? Night games for the win! We'd NEVER have to do another early kickoff ever again, because we'd be playing west coast teams. PRIME TIME, all of the time!

delhalew
8/12/2011, 11:23 AM
No, it doesn't actually hurt them, but it would hurt the perception. I thought I used the word perception enough, guess I didn't.

Perception is a big deal. If you are trying to be taken seriously as an academic institution, would you rather be associated with UC Berkley and Stanford USC and UCLA, Northwestern, Michigan, Wisconsin, Penn State, and Illinois, or Vandy, Florida, Ole Miss, and Mississippi State?

Look, like I said, Vandy and UF are damn good academic instituions, but they have to fight the stereo type of idiot SEC fans. Does it hurt there programs, no, but when you think of top schools, you don't think of many SEC schools because of the idiot hick stereo types.

So we change the perception.

delhalew
8/12/2011, 11:27 AM
SEC...the East Coast Bias is REAL!!! Who in the hell is REALLY watching football games at 10/1030 pm at night? By that time, I have reached my saturation point with College Football...I mean...I start at 10am.

We need to be in SEC first...Pac whatever second.

No one watches those games, except night owls like myself

delhalew
8/12/2011, 11:31 AM
I still don't see this whole "The SEC would be brutal" thing. Say (God forbid) we wound up in the SEC. So, we play Alabama, Florida, and LSU now. Georgia and Tennessee might get good again, and Auburn is pretty good. Wow, that is brutal. I mean, if we went to the Big 10 we would get to play perennial cupcakes like Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Nebraska. Plus, we all know the big 10 has some of the smallest, easiest to visit stadiums in the nation.

If we can't rise to the top few slots of the SEC, we don't deserve our reputation.

Sooner98
8/12/2011, 11:39 AM
How is OU's academic perception going to take a hit, by moving from the Big 12 to the SEC? Is the Big 12 some sort of mecca of academia? Seems like it would be a lateral move, if not a step up.

CORNholio
8/12/2011, 11:40 AM
Can we just stop all the bull**** and join the SEC. At the end of the day it's the only thing that makes sense despite all the irrational scenarios out there. Can we just jump the **** off the titanic and get on with our new life in the SEC with or without TX/OSU etc. Pull the plug already.

SoonerofAlabama
8/12/2011, 11:43 AM
OK, again, I don't know all that goes into this, but I am just curious if the deal does go through and the Big 12 falls apart and all of the teams go their separate ways, does it all happen this season?

CORNholio
8/12/2011, 11:45 AM
West:
LSU
Ark
Ole Miss
Miss St
A&M
OU
Ok St/TX/Mizzou/TCU

East:
Tenn
Bama
Aub
UGA
Fla
KY
Vandy
Clemson/Va tech/FSU

It's not that bad.

delhalew
8/12/2011, 11:46 AM
Can we just stop all the bull**** and join the SEC. At the end of the day it's the only thing that makes sense despite all the irrational scenarios out there. Can we just jump the **** off the titanic and get on with our new life in the SEC with or without TX/OSU etc. Pull the plug already.

I am a new convert to this line of thinking. I wanted to save the Big12, but I've had enough. The SEC offers the brightest future.

badger
8/12/2011, 11:47 AM
You know what I'm going to miss about the Big 12?

Murderer's Row.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/thujone/review21.jpg

These guys were finally starting to step up and beat the big boys once again like they might have in some other life (like Bill Synder in the first go around). Now what will happen to them. Sad.

Sooner98
8/12/2011, 11:50 AM
Being Oklahoma, we don't have anything to prove to anybody on the football field. Can you explain the logic of wanting to go to the SEC and getting our skulls kicked in every other week as opposed to being a top dog in the PAC? The entire point of OU football is:

1) Win National Championships
2) Win Conference Championships
3) Win football games
4) Put butts in the seats

I for one don't think a move to the SEC gives us a good road towards the first 3 targets, but that's just my opinion.

The SEC has won FIVE STRAIGHT National Championships. Are you saying we are not on par with any of those five teams? It is this sort of scared, "path of least resistance" mindset that I'm afraid our school's leadership has, as well as many of our fans.

delhalew
8/12/2011, 11:50 AM
OK, again, I don't know all that goes into this, but I am just curious if the deal does go through and the Big 12 falls apart and all of the teams go their separate ways, does it all happen this season?

No. Next season for Aggies, and 1-3 years for other teams, depending on how it happens. That is my opinion.

Nothing happens this season. That is fact.

SoonerPride
8/12/2011, 11:52 AM
PAC or SEC. Either are fine with me. As long as we are NOT in the same conference with *.
We can play them each October in Dallas and that's all the contact I want to have with them.
Saving their lives when the SWC imploded was a huge mistake. Their money and size adds to them wagging the dog and I am sick of it.

Let them twist in the hot, arid, wind of the desert that is becoming texas.

Twist.
In.
The.
Wind.

delhalew
8/12/2011, 11:53 AM
You know what I'm going to miss about the Big 12?

Murderer's Row.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/thujone/review21.jpg

These guys were finally starting to step up and beat the big boys once again like they might have in some other life (like Bill Synder in the first go around). Now what will happen to them. Sad.

I'll miss those guys...sorta.

badger
8/12/2011, 11:55 AM
If you are bored, Shaggybevo's resident dickhead has posted an offseason review that makes fun of OU and Stoops like always.

Link (http://prevailandride.blogspot.com/)

Dio
I just strongly believe our best interest is not sticking with Texas in a Big 9. That's paints us into a corner as expansion moves forward. Texas will always have the Big 10 or Indy as an out. We don't have as many options....Pac-12 seems like the only real viable option when you take into account who wants us and what our admin wants. My hope is:

1. Pac 12 w/Texas
2. SEC
3. Pac 12 w/o Texas
1000.The Big 9

I want to stay with Texas if possible, but not at the cost of being left behind.

Me either. If A&M goes ahead and blows it up, we need to go to the SEC with them or the Pac 12/14/16, with or without the horns (but keeping the RRS)

delhalew
PAC or SEC. Either are fine with me. As long as we are NOT in the same conference with *.
We can play them each in Dallas and that's all the contact I want to have with them.
Saving their lives when the SWC imploded was a huge mistake. Their money and size adds to them wagging the dog and I am sick of it.

Let them twist in the hot, arid, wind of the desert that is becoming texas.

Twist.
In.
The.
Wind.

Bravo, you beautiful bastard you.

badger
8/12/2011, 12:01 PM
Aaaand, OU officials are now saying A&M is gone.

Link (http://newsok.com/ou-officials-believe-texas-am-headed-to-sec/article/3593943?custom_click=headlines_widget)

Interesting note on ND and UT gonna build its own conference should the Big 12 dissolve. What conference?! A two-team indy conference?

Sooner_Havok
8/12/2011, 12:02 PM
If we can't rise to the top few slots of the SEC, we don't deserve our reputation.

I am saying, I think the Big 10 would be just as tough, if not tougher. Going into some of the biggest stadiums in the nation against some of the most storied and tradition-rich teams... It would be epic. A challenge I know OU could meet. Everyone seems to be afraid of the competition in the SEC, but dear lord, I think it would be worse in the Big 10. We would reign anywhere, but I would like to rid the world of this SEC is teh bestest notion.

How is OU's academic perception going to take a hit, by moving from the Big 12 to the SEC? Is the Big 12 some sort of mecca of academia? Seems like it would be a lateral move, if not a step up.

When people hear "Big 12" they don't think of toothless idiots getting drunk and pissing in the streets. Right now I would say the general perception of the Big 12 is one of a middle of the road conference. Not as good as the PAC or Big 10, but not as bad as the SEC or Big East. But if given a choice, should we make a lateral move (if that's what the SEC is) or a step up by going to the PAC or Big 10? I say go big or go home.

Sooner_Havok
8/12/2011, 12:03 PM
derple post

westbrooke
8/12/2011, 12:10 PM
So we change the perception.

Easier said than done. That's exactly what Boren has been trying to do since he took on the presidency. And he's been doing a good job. Unlike football, though, there's nothing to be gained here by taking on the bigger challenge of turning around the perception of an entire conference. The faster path to academic prestige is the better one. That's the PAC 12.

The Big 12 is not a mecca for academia, even less so without Nebraska and Colorado, and even less than that without A&M. The SEC may indeed be a step up, but it's a trivial one. The hit that our academic perception would take is this: "See? My bias toward believing OU is nothing more than an undergraduate institution is confirmed by easily lumping them in with the other universities they've chosen to associate with. They've gone from one suspect set of friends to another."

Boren has done a good job of helping us to overcome that bias, and he doesn't want to shoot himself or the university in the foot in this regard. This is the reason the administration is scared of the SEC; it has nothing to do with football competition. Academic $ >> athletic $.

Incidentally, this is also the reason I don't believe any of the Big 10 talk for a second. We may be football royalty, but they wouldn't take us for the academic reasons (I'd love to be proven wrong in this regard). The PAC 12 has signaled that they will. We should do it.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/12/2011, 12:13 PM
I think the quote was thet "there are no American bombers in the whole of Iraq" or "there are no American troops in the whole of Iraq" Something like that...

And Beebe for the Academy Award, because he fooled saxet into thinking they could rule the Big 12-2 and in the end, he got them isolated and on their own...

Flagstaffsooner
8/12/2011, 12:39 PM
Now I know some are going to say "nothing has really been decided yet until TAMU's board meets", yada, yada, yada. But it's gonna happen.
They gather as we speak...

http://bookmarkblogs.com/_data/userpics/big_thumb/japanese-volunteers-risk-radiation-to-rescue-pack-of-shelties-left-behind-in-evacuation-zone.jpg

SoonerPride
8/12/2011, 12:41 PM
I'm having a fun time imagining lsu fans storming the field at collie station just to see the "corps" chase them around with swords.

that has all kind of win written all over it.

delhalew
8/12/2011, 12:47 PM
My point is, for the sake of expansion, this academic nit picking is irrelevant, and it's one of the things that makes Texas sound so damn stupid.

Dio
8/12/2011, 12:49 PM
LSU, Arky, and Bama may be able to tell Texas kids they can play in the SEC and play in Texas ever OTHER year but aTm will be able tell Texas kids they can play in the SEC and play in Texas not only EVERY year but SEVERAL times a year. I do agree that it opens the door to other SEC teams into Texas but that's not a one-way door. aTm will be able to also recruit in traditional SEC territories better.

I think aTm will recruit against Texas and OU better with this move so I see them getting better, though it may not be apparent on the field at first.

OK, let me rephrase that. LSU and Bama can tell kids they can win a Championship AND play games in Texas.

SoonerPride
8/12/2011, 12:53 PM
OK, let me rephrase that. LSU and Bama can tell kids they can win a Championship AND play games in Texas.

That's also what Stoops tells texas kids.

goingoneight
8/12/2011, 12:53 PM
A&M is the very finest example of what a big, bad, rich football program is without tradition.

HSC-Sooner
8/12/2011, 12:56 PM

Ahahahah!

trwxxa
8/12/2011, 12:57 PM

Texas will have to give up the LHN in order to go to the Pac whatever. That is what killed the realignment last year.

I don't think ESPN will be thrilled with a UT move west. That is not fertile ground for them and they are happy for Fox to have the Tier 1.

spanielboy
8/12/2011, 01:09 PM
COLLEGE STATION – Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe has told Texas A&M that Texas holds the key to the long-term future of the Big 12, and that the Big 12 would survive without the Aggies, according to an A&M official.

The Big 12 also believes the University of Houston would be a viable candidate to replace the Aggies, the A&M official said. All signs point to the Aggies bolting the Big 12 for the Southeastern Conference. The A&M regents are meeting on Aug. 22 and an announcement about the SEC might follow soon after.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/aggies/2011/08/aggies-out-uh-in-for-the-big-12/

RUMOR: Texas has begun playing hardball to keep the Aggies from bolting. The mudslinging in the Texas papers has begun, and the rumor of using a lobbying firm to start to drag on the runaway train before the Board of Regents meeting.

FtwTxSooner
8/12/2011, 01:12 PM

Dan Beebe asserts Texas holds all the power as to whether the conference sticks together for the long term, and A&M could be easily replaced by Houston.

Dio
8/12/2011, 01:12 PM

Exactly. And how's that working for A&M so far?

/77-0Franpic

westbrooke
8/12/2011, 01:19 PM
My point is, for the sake of expansion, this academic nit picking is irrelevant, and it's one of the things that makes Texas sound so damn stupid.

I totally see where you're coming from, and if this decision were only about football, then I would agree with you. The rumors about the administration's mindset during the last round of realignment indicate that they weren't viewing this as a purely athletic decision, and I assume that holds true now, as well.

westbrooke
8/12/2011, 01:21 PM

Dan Beebe asserts Texas holds all the power as to whether the conference sticks together for the long term, and A&M could be easily replaced by Houston.

That's just depressing.

LASooner
8/12/2011, 01:24 PM
Face it, there's blood in the water and reporters and rumor mongers will not let up on it until the Big XII does in fact fold, so they can write their articles and create their "I told you so" blog posts. I would rather OU move to a conference were they can settle in without some yearly "Whose leaving the conference?" debate. Texas has toned down the going independent talk, but it seems that's where they truly want to go, so the Big 12 as it is, has a terminal disease.

Wanting to stay in the Big 12 is like people who held on to their Betamax and HD-DVD players, they were just sure it was the better product, well I got news for you, it's going to be obsolete real soon....

Really Beebe?!?!? Houston?

Muno
Adding Houston is a terrible idea.

soonervegas

The fact that this guy is running our conference is example 1A of why we need to leave it. He has essentially told 2 tradition rich programs, kiss UT's ring or go away.

Sooner_Havok
8/12/2011, 01:25 PM

I just think, as a university, we should be more concerned with academics than with athletics. If we can join a conference known for sports and smarts, or one known for just sports, I say take the sports and smarts.

Would playing USC or Ohio State be any less awesome than playing Alabama?

Would Playing Oregon or Penn State be any less awesome than playing Florida?

Would Playing Arizona or Nebraska be any less awesome than playing LSU?

If we can get good athletic competition, and be in good academic company, I think we would be fools to take the option that only offers one. Why ignore the fact that OU is is a University? Why not take the option that boosts our academic prestige?

badger
8/12/2011, 01:31 PM
Wanting to stay in the Big 12 is like people who held on to their Betamax and HD-DVD players, they were just sure it was the better product, well I got news for you, it's going to be obsolete real soon....

When i think of Beebe clinging to the Big 12, I am for some reason picturing Homer clinging to the Stonecutters after all of the members leave to form the ancient mystic society of NO HOMERS, hehe. Then, Homer replaces all of the people that left with monkeys, who get drunk and try to reenact civil war battles.

JohnnyMack
8/12/2011, 01:33 PM
The SEC has won FIVE STRAIGHT National Championships. Are you saying we are not on par with any of those five teams? It is this sort of scared, "path of least resistance" mindset that I'm afraid our school's leadership has, as well as many of our fans.

We made it to how many MNC games in the 2000's? And we did it how? By playing in the Big XII. Again, what is the logic in that playing in the SEC we will somehow be in a better position to win championships? That's what Stoops is about. That's what he talks about over and over again. Championships. Not testing his mettle against the SEC. Stoops and Castiglione are no dummies, they'll choose the PAC route. It doesn't mean they're scared, it means they're smart enough to choose a more direct route to championships.

Hornkiller
8/12/2011, 01:34 PM
The fact that this guy is running our conference is example 1A of why we need to leave it. He has essentially told 2 tradition rich programs, kiss UT's ring or go away.

Which is why the SEC is so strong. You don't see Silve saying "bow to what Alabama wants" it's "Bama do what is best for the conference."

Texas - never got it, never will. If Bebee is talking Houston it's time to pack up and leave. Might as well call it the SWC v.2.

FtwTxSooner
8/12/2011, 01:37 PM
Staying in the Big 12 is like working for a company that is heading for bankruptcy. You know the leadership at the top is incompetent. All the signs are there that the company is falling apart. The only thing they can say is things will turn around and get better, without any definite plans on how they'll exactly accomplish it, or any acknowledgment what the real problems are in the first place.

Yeah, finding a new job can suck. Your commute may get longer. You won't be around your familiar colleagues. Switching health insurance and all of that other stuff can be a pain. But what is the alternative?

Its time to bite the bullet and find a new home.

3rdgensooner
8/12/2011, 01:40 PM
Stoops and Castiglione are no dummies, they'll choose the PAC route. It doesn't mean they're scared, it means they're smart enough to choose a more direct route to championships.
Particularly since the championship games would be played at the home of the team with the best season record.

SicEmBaylor
8/12/2011, 01:58 PM
Good point. For years, everybody just assumed that the TX Legislature would never allow UT and A&M to separate.

FWIW, the State Higher Ed. Committee has called a special meeting and is dragging the Aggie President to Austin to testify.

IndySooner
8/12/2011, 02:00 PM
FWIW, the State Higher Ed. Committee has called a special meeting and is dragging the Aggie President to Austin to testify.

There is also talk that the SEC Presidents are meeting to ratify A&M as a member on Sunday, out ahead of the legislative meeting. This could get fun very quickly.

SoonerofAlabama
8/12/2011, 02:02 PM
SicEm, do you have any hope for Baylor?

SicEmBaylor
8/12/2011, 02:04 PM
I'll miss those guys...sorta.

Adimit it, you can't quit me. :texan:

SicEmBaylor
8/12/2011, 02:06 PM
SicEm, do you have any hope for Baylor?

Do I have any hope that we'll land in a BCS conference when the music stops?
None. None whatsoever.

However, I'm actually somewhat excited about the prospect of joining some of our old SWC rivals in C-USA. The big downside is that we'll have a harder time recruiting and it may kill the new on-campus stadium.

yankee
8/12/2011, 02:09 PM
Beebe is a ****ing idiot.

IndySooner
8/12/2011, 02:15 PM
http://www.mrsec.com/2011/08/mrsec-com-has-learned-sec-will-hold-special-expansion-meeting-on-sunday/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mrseccom+%28MrSEC.com%29

spanielboy
8/12/2011, 02:17 PM

Guess who is pushing the meeting?

SoonerofAlabama
8/12/2011, 02:17 PM
http://www.mrsec.com/2011/08/mrsec-com-has-learned-sec-will-hold-special-expansion-meeting-on-sunday/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mrseccom+%28MrSEC.com%29

So now not only is it Texas A&M and Oklahoma, it is OSU, and VT as well. Names just keep popping up.

badger
8/12/2011, 02:18 PM
To any resident Baylor fans reading, especially SicEm, you've all been fun and I'm sorry that A&M and UT are doing this to you all.

But, I'm sure you know em better than us, being their next door neighbors and all, and can't be surprised.

Hope you land on your feet, and I'd definitely be all about scheduling you guys as a non-conf opponent as often as we already schedule TCU.

Ruf/Nek7
8/12/2011, 02:36 PM
Supposedly Beebe told a&m that the big 12 will thrive without them and that future is in * not anyone else. With that said, in order for the big 12 to survive again, houston would be the team invited to replace a&m.

redkid
8/12/2011, 02:39 PM
Simple solution to save the conference,,kick Texas out (if that can be done), bring in TCU,Houston and a team outta the west,,there would be little or no drop off in the network audience due to adding the TX teams and a boost from the west coast wouldnt hurt.

Sooner Among The Pack
8/12/2011, 02:51 PM
Simple solution to save the conference,,kick Texas out (if that can be done), bring in TCU,Houston and a team outta the west,,there would be little or no drop off in the network audience due to adding the TX teams and a boost from the west coast wouldnt hurt.

Umm...no. The conference becomes nonviable without A&M, much less Texas. As tough as it is to write, UT brings in the TVs, which bring in the revenue.

The TVs in Houston watch A&M and Texas, not UH. The TVs in Dallas watch Texas, OU, and A&M, not TCU.

badger
8/12/2011, 02:57 PM
I have heard speculation that the Internet (i.e. YOUNG) aggie crowd is the ones screaming for SEC and not the old (i.e. BIG MONEY BOOSTER) crowd is kind of nervous about this move. The fact that the state is looking at a lot of lost revenue if the Big 12 doesn't survive after A&M's departure, and these communities no longer have A&M fans traveling to their venues and such, leads me to believe the Texas legislature is going to stick their nose in this and do something big to block it, whether it be holding state revenues hostage or redistributing them to other schools, or if they have control of upper level A&M positions, threaten to fire and replace them with someone who will step in line.

Think back to the biggest, most epic Aggie meltdown you have ever witnessed online. That will pale in comparison to the one you will witness when the Aggie regents turn down the SEC and the Big 12 remains (and Aggie remains in the Big 12) later this month.

soonervegas
8/12/2011, 02:57 PM
Supposedly Beebe told a&m that the big 12 will thrive without them and that future is in * not anyone else. With that said, in order for the big 12 to survive again, houston would be the team invited to replace a&m.

jeez....where can we re-up with this outstanding organization...

LASooner
8/12/2011, 02:58 PM
Can't wait to see this every year

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/163/pooraggy.jpg

You can see poorly photoshopped pictures daily.

Mac94
8/12/2011, 02:58 PM

And there is one issue with this conference. ... its all about one school ... Now, for KU, BU, ISU, KSU ... they're in "just happy to be here" mode .... but A&M and OU had and have options .... I know A&M isnt "all that" on the field ... but our power lies in other off the field areas.

And good luck with ol Cougar High .... you'll love going to games down in htown with that crowd, lol.

Mac94
8/12/2011, 03:03 PM
I have heard speculation that the Internet (i.e. YOUNG) aggie crowd is the ones screaming for SEC and not the old (i.e. BIG MONEY BOOSTER) crowd is kind of nervous about this move. The fact that the state is looking at a lost of lost revenue is the Big 12 doesn't survive after A&M's departure, and these communities no longer have A&M fans traveling to their venues and such, leads me to believe the Texas legislature is going to stick their nose in this and do something big to block it, whether it be holding state revenues hostage or redistributing them to other schools, or if they have control of upper level A&M positions, threaten to fire and replace them with someone who will step in line.

Think back to the biggest, most epic Aggie meltdown you have ever witnessed online. That will pale in comparison to the one you will witness when the Aggie regents turn down the SEC and the Big 12 remains (and Aggie remains in the Big 12) later this month.

The House Higher Ed Cmte will meet on Aug, 16th .... they will have a hearing on this. But .. the Lege does not meet again in session until Jan of 2013 .... a long time from now ... and only the Gov ... who is an Aggie ... could call a special session. So .... they couldnt touch us for quite awhile ... not until well after its done ... and there is an election in between now and then also.

As for younger / older Ags ... don;t know ... the regents though are said to be leaning towards SEC pretty strongly now ... but its not done as of yet. But ,,, the fact that the SEC presidents are meeting this wekeend tells me the process is pretty far along.

Sooner Among The Pack
8/12/2011, 03:06 PM
@ billyliucci Billy Liucci
Combine that with the SEC Presidents’ meeting (vote) on Sunday evening and you have your A&M-to-SEC timeline

@billyliucci Billy Liucci
Here's your scud missile: TAMU posts BOR meeting today...meaning they'll meet on Monday (72-hour posting rule) as opposed to 8/22

Link to BOR posting for A&M: http://info.sos.state.tx.us/pls/pub/pubomquery$omquery.queryview?P_OM_ID=136885&Z_CHK=33600

Augusta_Sooner
8/12/2011, 03:07 PM
You know you're in trouble when your commissioner is pimping Houston to replace a traditional football rich school like A&M. Come on man, really? Houston? As if the Big 12 doesn't already get ridiculed enough for being a mediocre BCS conference....now Beebe is mushing A&M in the face for Texas. What a freaking joke the conference would be if they added Houston to go along with the likes of Iowa St., Kansas, Kansas St., Baylor, etc. I don't care if OU goes to either the SEC or PAC-12. Moving to the SEC or PAC-12 would make it harder to play for a nat'l title, but almost EVERY game would be meaningful. I could care less to watch OU play the patsies of the Big 12, including Houston. Tough games week in and week out are what makes the SEC such a draw each week. I live in Augusta, GA and trust me, I look forward to watching SEC games more than any other conferences. In the SEC, you maybe get 2 or 3 games, which include your OOC games, that are easily winnable. Looking forward to EVERY Saturday is what I want as an OU fan. Besides, how can OU get battle tested playing in a weak/mediocre conference when half the teams are terrible. Even the highest scoring team in college history couldn't beat the SEC champs. I think if OU played in the SEC, they would be forced to elevate everything in order to win in such a brutal conference. Folks, there's a reason the last 5 BCS champ have come from the SEC.....they're physical and battle tested.

delhalew
8/12/2011, 03:09 PM
Houston. Boren and Joe C, get us out of this f'n nuthouse.

proudsoonergal
8/12/2011, 03:12 PM
OSU does bring in some very good teams in those sports they do have.

I didn't realize sheep-humping was an NCAA sanctioned sport.

Mac94
8/12/2011, 03:12 PM
Per Billy Lucci the A&M Board of Regents has posted an emergeny meeting notice .... per the 72 hour posting rule the meeting will be on Monday August 15th ahead for th House Higher Education Cmte meeting and right after the SEc Presidents conference call

redkid
8/12/2011, 03:15 PM
Umm...no. The conference becomes nonviable without A&M, much less Texas. As tough as it is to write, UT brings in the TVs, which bring in the revenue.

The TVs in Houston watch A&M and Texas, not UH. The TVs in Dallas watch Texas, OU, and A&M, not TCU.

That's true,I see your point,but if what they are saying is going to happen,,then our conference will be split up anyway to whoever knows where,,and Tx will be without a conference with their ESPN contract/network,,so either way Tx is gone,and takes the TV's with them regardless,,when you have a cancer u remove it,,TX has been the cancer in this conference from day 1,,they have single handedly destroyed this conf a little each yr,,until we have what we got now. Anyway you look at it all fingers point to TX for what has become of this great conference.

IndySooner
8/12/2011, 03:17 PM
And.....it will be official on Monday. Here we go, folks!

http://info.sos.state.tx.us/pls/pub/pubomquery$omquery.queryview?P_OM_ID=136885&Z_CHK=33600

Sooner Among The Pack
8/12/2011, 03:20 PM
http://info.sos.state.tx.us/pls/pub/pubomquery$omquery.queryview?P_OM_ID=136885&Z_CHK=33600

Posted this in the End of the Big XII thread.

NorthernIowaSooner
8/12/2011, 03:22 PM
I think OU should just hitch their wagon to what they think is the best conference and go with it. I think any conference would take OU and they should get out of the Big XII boat before it sinks. Take OSU if you can, but if not leave them to the MWC, they don't need to stay on our coattails.

Sooner_Havok
8/12/2011, 03:24 PM
Na man, this conference will be great. Replace A&M with Houston. Bring in Rice to replace Colorado, and SMU to replace Nebraska. Hell, bring in UTEP & Colorado State and we can become the most feared super conference ever!

You know what, f*** that, is that PAC offer from last year still valid? Hey Big 10, You have one of the greatest rivalry games already in UM-tOSU, how about adding another marque rivalry matchup? OU-NU!

Brophog
8/12/2011, 03:25 PM
You know you're in trouble when your commissioner is pimping Houston to replace a traditional football rich school like A&M. Come on man, really?

Or when said commissioner states that only one school in the conference actually matters.

Mac94
8/12/2011, 03:31 PM
Okay .... assuming the shot is being fired ... A&M is gone ... the SEC will add one or three more .... what then?

Predictions on how the Big-10 will respond? the Pac-12? Assuming VT or FSU is the other SEC add .... what does the ACC do?

A&M, it looks, has tiipped domino one .... this can't be the end ... can we predict the future? I have to think Mizzou is on the phone with the Big-10 ... the ACC has to be on the line with some Big East members ....

What will college football look like in a few seaons?

IndySooner
8/12/2011, 03:37 PM
Okay .... assuming the shot is being fired ... A&M is gone ... the SEC will add one or three more .... what then?

Predictions on how the Big-10 will respond? the Pac-12? Assuming VT or FSU is the other SEC add .... what does the ACC do?

A&M, it looks, has tiipped domino one .... this can't be the end ... can we predict the future? I have to think Mizzou is on the phone with the Big-10 ... the ACC has to be on the line with some Big East members ....

What will college football look like in a few seaons?

I'll be SHOCKED if the Big 10 and Pac 10 don't expand and surprised if the ACC doesn't follow suit. I think they will all be to AT LEAST 16 teams by 2015.

NormanPride
8/12/2011, 03:38 PM
I really want to go to the Big 10 with Mizzou. That would be awesome to play Nebbish every year again.

soonervegas
8/12/2011, 03:41 PM
Hey Big 10, You have one of the greatest rivalry games already in UM-tOSU, how about adding another marque rivalry matchup? OU-NU!

If only....