PDA

View Full Version : End of the BIG XII - THREAD FOR ALL REALIGNMENT DISCUSSION

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14

sperry
9/20/2011, 04:54 PM
Please just die Big XII.

Veritas
9/20/2011, 05:00 PM
SicEm, I love ya, but seriously, **** Baylor in the goatass. Their legal maneuvering isn't buying them any protection and it's quite clearly not having any effect in slowing the decapitation of the Zombie XII. End of the day Baylor is going to end up in a non-BCS conference (but a mid-major in BBall) which is right where they belong.

soonerboomer93
9/20/2011, 05:05 PM
so 4 teams to the pac 12

WVU or Mizzou to the SEC

Remaining of XII and Big East Merge + TCU & 1 more. Wouldn't that give a New Big 12 with East/West divisions.

sooneredaco
9/20/2011, 05:05 PM
Please just die Big XII.

If it doesn't, let's kill it!

SicEmBaylor
9/20/2011, 05:06 PM
SicEm, I love ya, but seriously, **** Baylor in the goatass. Their legal maneuvering isn't buying them any protection and it's quite clearly not having any effect in slowing the decapitation of the Zombie XII. End of the day Baylor is going to end up in a non-BCS conference (but a mid-major in BBall) which is right where they belong.

I'm going to wait for all of this to finally play out and for the dust to settle to analyze what our maneuvering has cost/gained us. It may not keep us in a BCS conference, ultimately, but I do know that we'd be in the same position had we done nothing at all. I expect Baylor to fight for Baylor's position.

Personally, I wanted the Big XII to stay together. Things may have become so acrimonious that it becomes impossible. The best scenario for us and the "forgotten 5" would be to merge with the remnants of the Big East and retain the AQ from either conference until the new BCS tv contracts are inked.

If we end up in a mid-major then it won't be because we didn't fight. I'd rather us fight.

badger
9/20/2011, 05:09 PM
Baylor might be in a better position if it wasn't in an AQ conference for football. It hasn't really hurt Boise or TCU's chances at the BCS, has it?

SicEmBaylor
9/20/2011, 05:16 PM
Baylor might be in a better position if it wasn't in an AQ conference for football. It hasn't really hurt Boise or TCU's chances at the BCS, has it?

It's not about getting to a BCS game; it's about the revenue (regardless of our public campaigning.) We stand to lose our coach, untold millions to our athletic program that fund sports beyond football, we're still paying off those BCS-calibre athletic facilities we've been building like a drunken Roman emperor, we'll lose the better recruits we're finally starting to bring in, and it makes it highly unlikely we'll get the new stadium that we so badly need.

If it weren't for everything we stand to lose then I'd have no problem whatsoever with going to a mid-major conference. Hell, I'd welcome it. Getting our *** handed to us year in and year out in football gets old. But this isn't just about football.

badger
9/20/2011, 05:36 PM
You guys really, REALLY need to beat the aggies this year. Now more than ever, beat Texas A&M. They are the ones that are causing you to not enjoy your dream season!

SoonerMom2
9/20/2011, 05:59 PM
@GeorgeSchroeder
George Schroeder
Interesting developments in Big 12 today. Reiterate: When comes time, Pac-12 will have votes to add Oklahoma/Ok St. LHN remains issue for UT

Schroeder used to work for the Oklahoman but is now a west coast sports writer. A little over 24 hours ago he didn't think we had the votes and now he has changed his tune with the PAC 12 voting on Thursday about expansion. Several other west coast writers have said that Scott would not have a vote if he didn't have the votes.

This has all been a smoke screen today to put the ball in TX court that they have until a certain time to get on board or get out of the way according to multiple tweets out of the West Coast.

MountainOkie
9/20/2011, 06:15 PM
RT @Dave_Matter: University of Missouri Board of Curators announces public meeting for Thursday morning in Columbia

Things just keep getting interesting.

Are they going to decide on the next high profile art exhibit for their gallery?

Seriously is this what the Mizzou board calls themselves?

sooneredaco
9/20/2011, 06:17 PM
Are they going to decide on the next high profile art exhibit for their gallery?

Seriously is this what the Mizzou board calls themselves?

I was thinking the exact same thing

GottaHavePride
9/20/2011, 06:33 PM
Now, as for Boren...if Boren hadn't shot his mouth off that Friday about exploring other conference options then NONE of this mess would have happened. That was the catalyst for Baylor springing into legal action. Up to that point, Aggie's departure was not seen by Baylor as a conference-killing move. When Boren made his statement, it became clear the conference couldn't survive with OU looking for other options. The conference was supposed to be in the process of inviting new members and expanding its footprint until Boren shot his load too early.

Actually, I think that statement was Boren's way of saying "checkmate, bitches."

MountainOkie
9/20/2011, 06:50 PM
Of course he was trying to put pressure on Boren. That's the whole f'n point of everything we've done...to keep the Big XII together.

I have to disagree with you there. Well, maybe it was the point, but if it was the point then Baylor sure took the wrong tack toward getting what they wanted.

A conference is basically a relationship between schools. Sure we make all these fancy caveats and classifications that say, "No it's not a relationship it's different it's a conference." But that's basically bull. It's a relationship between schools.

I have often found in my relationships that it's a very bad idea (no matter what condition the relationship is in) to start threatening my friend, spouse, brother, child, father, daughter, etc... with a lawsuit if they do not accede to my "author-i-tye". For some reason they don't do what I want and in fact most times do the exact opposite. I also find that I wind up with a lot fewer friends and relatives who are still willing to talk to me.

But seriously, I've never done that with any of my friends and relations. Why? Because I like my friends and relations and value my relationships. So what do I do when things are going poorly between us? I do what friends do. First, I ask them what's wrong!!! and if it's right and if it's in my power to make it better then I do it!

THAT is how one acts when they are doing things to keep a relationship together. THAT is how Baylor should have acted if they wanted to keep the Big 12 together.

But I understand...Baylor's been around disfunction so long that, in the words of that immortal Raiders DE Howey (sp?) Long, "they think disfunction's function."

Dio
9/20/2011, 07:25 PM
Portraits of Conference Realignment (http://www.rockmnation.com/2011/9/19/2436901/portraits-of-conference-realignment)

Someone from Mizzou bitching about confrageddon is like the guy who shot the Archduke Ferdinand griping about World War 1

Lott's Bandana
9/20/2011, 07:29 PM
History smack

+1

SicEmBaylor
9/20/2011, 07:29 PM
Actually, I think that statement was Boren's way of saying "checkmate, bitches."

How's that? It has limited OU's ability to maneuver in a way that would not have been the case had he waited just a few more days for Aggie to officially be gone. If he had waited then there's a very good chance that you would already be in the Pac-12.

SicEmBaylor
9/20/2011, 07:41 PM
A conference is basically a relationship between schools. Sure we make all these fancy caveats and classifications that say, "No it's not a relationship it's different it's a conference." But that's basically bull. It's a relationship between schools.

It's a relationship between schools based on a contractual agreement. It isn't a warm-fuzzy/bestfriend type relationship -- it's a business relationship. Yes, contracts are broken all the time but there are consequences for breaking contracts.

I have often found in my relationships that it's a very bad idea (no matter what condition the relationship is in) to start threatening my friend, spouse, brother, child, father, daughter, etc... with a lawsuit if they do not accede to my "author-i-tye". For some reason they don't do what I want and in fact most times do the exact opposite. I also find that I wind up with a lot fewer friends and relatives who are still willing to talk to me.

Let's be clear here: Baylor's legal position is to stop the Big XII from collapsing -- not to keep any particular school from leaving. Baylor was just fine with Aggie going to the SEC until Boren publicly went conference shopping. Our issue with any school leaving ends if that school's exit does not result in the implosion of the conference. There's also a logical fallacy at play here. Arguing "legal threats are no way to hold a conference together" is absurd since without those legal threats the conference would not be held together. Having 3/4 of the conference bolt to another conference resulting in the implosion of that conference is a much more serious threat to conference harmony than any legal action designed to prevent that from happening.

But seriously, I've never done that with any of my frie[nds and relations. Why? Because I like my friends and relations and value my relationships. So what do I do when things are going poorly between us? I do what friends do. First, I ask them what's wrong!!! and if it's right and if it's in my power to make it better then I do it!

THAT is how one acts when they are doing things to keep a relationship together. THAT is how Baylor should have acted if they wanted to keep the Big 12 together.

But I understand...Baylor's been around disfunction so long that, in the words of that immortal Raiders DE Howey (sp?) Long, "they think disfunction's function."

This isn't a 10-way love triangle. This is a business relationship. You may not threaten a lawsuit if a g/f breaks up with you, but you might if your business partner decides to break a legal contract.

Baylor has taken absolutely no action whatsoever. The only "action" that Baylor has taken is a refusal to waive its legal rights for the SEC.

Lott's Bandana
9/20/2011, 07:45 PM
How's that? It has limited OU's ability to maneuver in a way that would not have been the case had he waited just a few more days for Aggie to officially be gone. If he had waited then there's a very good chance that you would already be in the Pac-12.

Boren's posturing was absolutely effective. It set off a chain of events that exposed: Beebe's tool-ness, Baylor's insecurity, other conference's instability and best of all...

The entire country sees whorn for what they are, desperately struggling to hang on to their precious LHN at the expense of the relationships in their conference. Now the world understands what it is like to date the Homecoming Queen.

Okieflyer
9/20/2011, 08:07 PM
Someone from Mizzou bitching about confrageddon is like the guy who shot the Archduke Ferdinand griping about World War 1

Gavrilo Princip = Missouri

AlboSooner
9/20/2011, 08:29 PM
Before any internet hero, self-proclaimed erudite bash Boren, they need to know that Boren is often cited as a champion of bi-partisanship in his years as a US senator. If there's a guy who knows how to negotiate, that is Boren.

Boren knows the Big 12 is not viable long term,and he knows the football program will be just fine anywhere it lands. His preoccupation has been academics since day one. I believe he thinks joining the PAC will put OU in another level academically, and the PAC provides enough legitimacy for the quest of college football championships, without being the snake-pit which is SEC.

I am thankful that conference realignment Armageddon found us with Boren at the helm, the guy who was one of the first few to get a call from Obama saying: we got Bin Laden.

If Boren turned it on 100% against these guys, it would be like bringing an AK-47 to a pillow right.

Lott's Bandana
9/20/2011, 08:46 PM
I hate to admit that when I was a young pupster, DB was Governor and I didn't like him because his effeminate mannerisms really bugged me. Ever since I stopped being stoopid about these things, I have been pleased to have him represent our State and our University.

His biography is so impressive, it might be enough on its own to get us into the PAC academically.

SoonerBD
9/20/2011, 09:45 PM
This is my analysis. Larry Scott has contacted each of the schools presidents in the PAC and gauged their interest in adding OU and OSU atleast. So why call a meeting to vote on expansion if you have a majority of negative responses. He knows how this vote is going to play out, so he has called a meeting to make it official. As for the list of demands by OU, no way those will be met. That's just Boren being the politician that he is and creating the mirage that OU has done eveything in its power to hold the Big12-2-1-? together. It also puts the ball squarely in Texas' court. It's basically an F-you move by Boren saying "you created this mess now clean it up, because we are out of here" I mean why go through this whole process of giving Boren the power to change conference if our true goal was to stay in the FUBAR conference. CHECKMATE TEXAS

LASooner
9/20/2011, 09:47 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/2qlemnm.jpg

hahahahaha

silverwheels
9/20/2011, 09:49 PM
Awesome.

AlboSooner
9/20/2011, 10:09 PM
Report: Missouri, SEC have deal (http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6998589/sec-informal-agreement-add-missouri-according-report)

Big 12 is officially dead.

SoonerMom2
9/20/2011, 10:13 PM
The President of the Big 12 Presidents from MO and the Secretary from OU are both out of the Big 12. What does Boone Pickens have to say now? Is he going to let OSU go with OU or stay in the defunct Big 12 with TX?

SoonerMom2
9/20/2011, 10:16 PM
Report: Missouri, SEC have deal (http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6998589/sec-informal-agreement-add-missouri-according-report)

Big 12 is officially dead.

Just read the story and once again ESPN missed the boat saying Powers was given the same authority as Boren which we all know didn't happen. Only thing TX BOR gave him the authority to do was stay in the Big 12.

MeMyself&Me
9/20/2011, 10:21 PM
ChuckCarltonDMN Chuck Carlton
Pac-12 issues statement that it won't go beyond 12 teams. So much for Oklahoma or Oklahoma State exiting to the West Coast. OU leverage?
5 minutes ago
»

Pac-12's Larry Scott “we have determined that it is in the best interests of our member institutions ... to remain a 12-team conference."

Wtf

sooner KB
9/20/2011, 10:23 PM
Well, there goes the Pac 16.

BASSooner
9/20/2011, 10:23 PM
You can't be serious...

SoonerStud615
9/20/2011, 10:24 PM
Wow. Didn't see that coming at all!

http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/32148466

Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott said, “after careful review we have determined that it is in the best interests of our member institutions, student-athletes and fans to remain a 12-team conference. While we have great respect for all of the institutions that have contacted us, and certain expansion proposals were financially attractive, we have a strong conference structure and culture of equality that we are committed to preserve.

sooneron
9/20/2011, 10:25 PM
Srsly?? ****ing a!

3rdgensooner
9/20/2011, 10:26 PM
we have a strong conference structure and culture of equality that we are committed to preserve. Texas, always Texas.

sooneron
9/20/2011, 10:27 PM
we have a strong conference structure and culture of equality that we are committed to preserve

I'm pretty sure this is their way of saying "No OU without texass" and they don't want any of texass' crap stirring the pot out there...

SoonerLaw09
9/20/2011, 10:28 PM
Pac-12 issues statement that it won't go beyond 12 teams. So much for Oklahoma or Oklahoma State exiting to the West Coast. OU leverage?
5 minutes ago
»

Pac-12's Larry Scott “we have determined that it is in the best interests of our member institutions ... to remain a 12-team conference."

Wtf

Methinks that's old news. They haven't even met to vote yet.

BASSooner
9/20/2011, 10:29 PM
Something is missing here. I have a feeling that Boren would've anticipated such a move. Remember, he IS the negotiating king...

Not to mention this could be just a legal procedure.

SEC has said this before also

sooneron
9/20/2011, 10:29 PM
It was posted on CBS 10 minutes ago.

Half a Hundred
9/20/2011, 10:30 PM
Something is missing here. I have a feeling that Boren would've anticipated such a move. Remember, he IS the negotiating king...

Sometimes, you can play all the right moves, and still get completely blindsided by bad luck. Plenty to keep one's eye on...

soonervegas
9/20/2011, 10:31 PM
There is nothing else. We are attached to UT till they don't need us anymore....cold, hard reality.

SoonerMom2
9/20/2011, 10:31 PM
They moved the voting up from Thursday to tonight it looks like!

SoonerLaw09
9/20/2011, 10:34 PM
Should have taken the effing deal last year.

Really unbelievable.

delhalew
Good. Now find us a better home.

sooneron
Now we look rillay stupid. Big 10+2, anyone?

trey
9/20/2011, 10:37 PM
Did the Pac12 just give us the finger?

mgsooner
9/20/2011, 10:37 PM
I can hear the snickers in Lincoln and Boulder all the way from here.

Sooner_Rog
9/20/2011, 10:38 PM
What now? Crap!

AlboSooner
9/20/2011, 10:39 PM
In Boren and JC I trust.

mgsooner
9/20/2011, 10:40 PM
In Boren and JC I trust.

I don't. It has been f*ck up after f*ck up. Despite all that big talk about us not having our future decided by Texas, that is exactly what has happened. Pathetic and sad.

SoonerLaw09
9/20/2011, 10:41 PM
We make some phone calls, and if we get the up yours from SEC and B1G, we just mud-stomp every team we play from here on out. Hell, let's just do that anyway.

SoonerLaw09
Unless, the whorns agreed to kick Beebe to the curb and give us our demands on the LHN. Hmm.

AlboSooner
Did the Pac12 just give us the finger?

The doormats blocked this move. That's the rumor.

SoonerLaw09
9/20/2011, 10:42 PM
The doormats can suck it. They think they're doormats now. Just wait.

SoonerMom2
9/20/2011, 10:43 PM
Get all the Big 12 schools together and oust Beebe #1 -- wonder if this is why Boren made the demands today? He got word that the PAC 12 was going to stay PAC 12. Will the SEC still take A&M? Bet MO is no longer to the SEC after this news. The universities need to stand against UT as a group. This was unexpected by everyone of the writers on the west coast.

JiminyChristmas
9/20/2011, 10:45 PM
The doormats like Baylor are doing a lot of cockblocking lately.

SoonerMom2
9/20/2011, 10:46 PM
If Ken Starr wants to lead a fight then lead the fight to oust Beebe and clip the wings of the LHN if they haven't already. Wondered what the meeting was between MO President and Boren -- guess we sit back and wait to see what happens.

MeMyself&Me
9/20/2011, 10:47 PM
I wonder if this is posturing by the Pac to force Boren to give up the tie to OSU and replace with a better school.

AlboSooner
9/20/2011, 10:49 PM
Looks like they voted on four teams, not just OU and Okie St. Stanford didn't like Okie st and Tech academics, and Colorado, ASU and Arizona scared of Big 12 south coming in and dominating.

sooneron
9/20/2011, 10:51 PM
Looks like they voted on four teams, not just OU and Okie St. Stanford didn't like Okie st and Tech academics, and Colorado, ASU and Arizona scared of Big 12 south coming in and dominating.

Where are you seeing this? Is this your interpretation of between the lines?

AlboSooner
9/20/2011, 10:53 PM
Where are you seeing this? Is this your interpretation of between the lines?

Just reading between different boards, plus Colorado, and Arizona have made public comment about being against this move.

BASSooner
9/20/2011, 10:54 PM

Land Thieves is saying different meaning the reason is because Scott and Texas couldn't come to a deal...

Raider Power
9/20/2011, 10:56 PM
The following item in the Pac 12 statement lays the issue at UT's feet.

While we have great respect for all of the institutions that have contacted us, and certain expansion proposals were financially attractive, we have a strong conference structure and culture of equality that we are committed to preserve.

AlboSooner
9/20/2011, 10:57 PM
Land Thieves is saying different meaning the reason is because Scott and Texas couldn't come to a deal...

Who the heck knows. It is infuriating to see the PAC with so much power, a conference that besides the years of USC's cheating, hasn't meant much to college football.

The following item in the Pac 12 statement lays the issue at UT's feet

Did UT even apply, or want to join? This means OU had no deal to the Pac without UT, which is disappointing to say the least.

SoonerLaw09
9/20/2011, 10:57 PM
So whorn d-baggery hosed it after all.

Who's up for OU 77 TX 0 in a coupla weeks?

Sooner98
9/20/2011, 10:58 PM
SEC, please.

Raider Power
9/20/2011, 11:00 PM
All on UT. From Pete Thamel

Pac-12 decision came down Scott meeting with Texas and realizing no way conference could be one of equals. So they passed

JiminyChristmas
9/20/2011, 11:01 PM
Options are now:

1) Settle for crappy replacements of NU, CU, and aTm. And still have to deal with Texass.

OR

2) SEC and leave Okie St behind.

We are screwed. Boren will now start trumpeting the virtues of the formerly Big XII.

mgsooner
9/20/2011, 11:02 PM
OU will never leave OSU behind. NEVER. It will not happen.

Widescreen
9/20/2011, 11:06 PM
So I guess all the talk about how OU/OSU are in regardless of what UT does was BS.

AlboSooner
9/20/2011, 11:07 PM
So I guess all the talk about how OU/OSU are in regardless of what UT does was BS.

it looks this way tonight. who knows tomorrow. I'm to the point where I want this to end, like many of you, and just join the SEC.

JiminyChristmas
9/20/2011, 11:14 PM
I guess Boren was right about OU not being a wallflower in this whole process. Instead we are a urinal cake.

mgsooner
9/20/2011, 11:16 PM
I guess Boren was right about OU not being a wallflower in this whole process. Instead we are a urinal cake.

Post of the day.

SoonerLaw09
9/20/2011, 11:21 PM
Makes me wish that back in 1995 we'd have blocked the merger with the ex-SWC...

JiminyChristmas
9/20/2011, 11:24 PM
Memo

To: Commissioner Dan Beebe

Subj: Removal of commissioner demands

Just kidding. Lol.

Sooner98
9/20/2011, 11:31 PM
Boren had better be on the phone with Slive as we speak, begging forgiveness for anything he said disparaging the academics of the SEC.

mgsooner
9/20/2011, 11:33 PM
David Boren just issued statement: "We were not surprised by the Pac 12's decision to not expand at this time...

"Even though we had decided not to apply for membership this year, we have developed a positive relationship with the leadership...

"of the conference and we have kept them informed of the progress we've been making to gain agreement from the Big 12...

"for changes which will make the conference more stable in the future...

"Stability has been our first goal and we look forward to achieving that goal through continued membership in the Big 12 Conference."

http://twitter.com/#!/Jake_Trotter

BASSooner
9/20/2011, 11:41 PM
David Boren just issued statement: "We were not surprised by the Pac 12's decision to not expand at this time...

"Even though we had decided not to apply for membership this year, we have developed a positive relationship with the leadership...

"of the conference and we have kept them informed of the progress we've been making to gain agreement from the Big 12...

"for changes which will make the conference more stable in the future...

"Stability has been our first goal and we look forward to achieving that goal through continued membership in the Big 12 Conference."

http://twitter.com/#!/Jake_Trotter
We're far from over. Boren has been given complete authority of conference realignment for a reason.

SoonerMom2
9/20/2011, 11:43 PM
We have almost 500 people viewing this site right now and we can still post! That is an accomplishment in itself compared to before the site was redone.

Question of the week is whether the SEC backs A&M and their bid which has never been completed and would bet the bid to MO for SEC is off the table.

SicEmBaylor
9/20/2011, 11:54 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_yH8Ci7NrdVo/SY-CEe3T_VI/AAAAAAAAAa4/N0TXfakWdFo/s400/KStarr.jpg
This is the tiniest violin playing the saddest little song.

Sooner Among The Pack
9/20/2011, 11:56 PM
Chuck Carlton (@ChuckCarltonDMN)
9/20/11 11:45 PM
RT @AaronDickens: Our BYU site is reporting tonight BYU is "highly likely" to join Big 12 if stability is assured. http://t.co/BMtmGLUf (F)

SoonerLaw09
9/20/2011, 11:56 PM
Geez, SicEm, you guys just kill me. You *want* to continue getting your butts kicked year in and year out. No idea why. In a different conference you guys could really have some success. All that money makes little diff if you can't recruit.

SoonerLaw09
9/20/2011, 11:57 PM
BTW, good long article up on Espin now:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6998751/pac-12-conference-decides-expand-further

JiminyChristmas
9/21/2011, 12:18 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_yH8Ci7NrdVo/SY-CEe3T_VI/AAAAAAAAAa4/N0TXfakWdFo/s400/KStarr.jpg
This is the tiniest violin playing the saddest little song.

I'm sure Starr is having a self-congratulatory one man reach around as we speak.

SicEmBaylor
9/21/2011, 12:27 AM
I'm sure Starr is having a self-congratulatory one man reach around as we speak.

Nah. I hope he's getting a hummer from a cute Baylor intern just for irony's sake. The man deserves it!

He's seriously starting to earn his future statue in Burleson Quadrangle.

Lott's Bandana
9/21/2011, 12:29 AM
We want:

Reworking of the LHN

Beebe gone

If we stay in the BigXII without those concessions, then...and only then, have we been played. Our cards are on the table.

JiminyChristmas
9/21/2011, 12:32 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, please join the Board of Directors in welcoming the next commissioner of the Big XII conference, Larry Scott.

SoonerMom2
9/21/2011, 12:36 AM
We want:

Reworking of the LHN

Beebe gone

If we stay in the BigXII without those concessions, then...and only then, have we been played. Our cards are on the table.

They may have already happened -- someone on another thread is reporting that there was no vote tonight by the PAC 12 that the PAC 12 Commissioner pulled the plug on realignment. Who knows what is true but earlier it was rumored that UT when they came up here to ask us to stay had agreed to some changes on the LHN revenue sharing to keep OU. Would bet money Beebe is gone. We need a good Commissioner who understands you cannot favor one school.

SoonerMom2
9/21/2011, 12:37 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, please join the Board of Directors in welcoming the next commissioner of the Big XII conference, Larry Scott.

If only that were true! That would be AWESOME!

BASSooner
9/21/2011, 12:53 AM
Allow me to repeat:

THIS IS A LEGAL PROCEDURE. PAC12 IS DOING WHAT IT SHOULD TO AVOID A LAWSUIT(S)

ask SEC..

SoonerMom2
9/21/2011, 01:00 AM
@johnehoover
OrangeBloods reporting Big 12 schools tell Beebe they want new leadership. Step 2 toward Big 12's 2nd resurrection in 2 years. #Sooners

College Sports Rivalry
9/21/2011, 01:05 AM
I told y'all the Pac 12 had high opposition in regards to us joining. And thank God. It never was going to be a fit. Many people on both sides of the Rockies could see it. Rational minds finally did prevail. The story isn't over, but thankfully the Pac 12 chapter is done.

If we are still serious about leaving, the right decision is the only remaining option. I hope the Big XII survives, but if not, it's SEC time!!!!!

SicEmBaylor
9/21/2011, 01:07 AM
I told y'all the Pac 12 had high opposition in regards to us joining. And thank God. It never was going to be a fit. Many people on both sides of the Rockies could see it. Rational minds finally did prevail. The story isn't over, but thankfully the Pac 12 chapter is done.

If we are still serious about leaving, the right decision is the only remaining option. I hope the Big XII survives, but if not, it's SEC time!!!!!

I agree with all of this except for the SEC part. The B1G would be a better fit.

College Sports Rivalry
9/21/2011, 01:10 AM
I agree with all of this except for the SEC part. The B1G would be a better fit.

Did you not read all of my post. I think it would too. But if the Texas situation cannot be resolved, it isn't the better fit anymore. If we are to move, the SEC is and always has been the better direction.

SicEmBaylor
9/21/2011, 01:14 AM
Did you not read all of my post. I think it would too. But if the Texas situation cannot be resolved, it isn't the better fit anymore. If we are to move, the SEC is and always has been the better direction.

Fair enough. I didn't read your first post. I just scan through this thread at this point and make snarky comments here and there. ;)

SoonerMom2
9/21/2011, 01:14 AM
If Orangebloods is right and Beebe has been told by all the schools to take a hike, then we have a great first step. Maybe it all boils down to we are flyover country and Middle America so let's get our act together in the Big 12 office with a real commissioner who is not afraid to stand up to one of the schools who gets out of line, get some more universities added, and redo our officiating to dump those two crews from Austin for starters who have given all of us but TX grief. It all starts with Beebe being shown the door.

Sic'Em -- looks like you are going to be with us for a long time to come. You were right -- we probably do belong as a conference in the middle part of the country and need to show the rest of the Country that the best football is played right here in Middle America!

College Sports Rivalry
9/21/2011, 01:15 AM
Fair enough. I didn't read your first post. I just scan through this thread at this point and make snarky comments here and there. ;)

No biggie. I just feel pretty relieved about this news. :victorious: We can sleep better at least now having the answer.

SoonerMom2
9/21/2011, 01:24 AM
No biggie. I just feel pretty relieved about this news. :victorious: We can sleep better at least now having the answer.

Maybe we can get some work done tomorrow now that we know the answer and get ready for MO!

College Sports Rivalry
9/21/2011, 01:44 AM
Ha ha ha huge media fail. http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/15517780/make-no-mistake-pac12-desperately-wants-texas-and-oklahoma

ouflak
9/21/2011, 01:45 AM
Sounds like West Virginia has been turned down by both the SEC and the ACC. Ouch.

Just hypothetical here but; What do we do if the PAC says no to us? What if they just won't take us without taking UT and UT won't negotiate on the LHN?

What do you think we do then?

There is exactly 0% chance of that happening.

0% may have been just a weeee bit on the low side for that estimate. Care to revise?

College Sports Rivalry
9/21/2011, 01:46 AM
Maybe we can get some work done tomorrow now that we know the answer and get ready for MO!

It has taken too much attention off the season. No argument there.

College Sports Rivalry
9/21/2011, 01:52 AM
0% may have been just a weeee bit on the low side for that estimate. Care to revise?

LMAO

mehip
9/21/2011, 01:58 AM
We are just going to see a repeat of this in the near future if the core issues that seem to be causing this drama are not addressed. Mainly equal revenue sharing and hs highlights on the lhn. I'm still in favor of walking away from this conference. I cant stand the sec or the big10 but both have a better future than the big12.

SicEmBaylor
9/21/2011, 02:13 AM
We are just going to see a repeat of this in the near future if the core issues that seem to be causing this drama are not addressed. Mainly equal revenue sharing and hs highlights on the lhn. I'm still in favor of walking away from this conference. I cant stand the sec or the big10 but both have a better future than the big12.

I agree they have a better future with the current state of the Big XII. If Beebe is canned, the LHN situation is revised, OU committs itself to the conference, and we add BYU then the conference will have been stabilized and most of the destabilizing issues are worked out. Why then would OU need to bolt to another conference?

It seems to me that if the underlying issues that destabilized the conference are worked out then why wouldn't OU want to stay? It still makes sense to me to have a strong athletic conference in the central-United States.

SicEmBaylor
9/21/2011, 02:15 AM
Sic'Em -- looks like you are going to be with us for a long time to come. You were right -- we probably do belong as a conference in the middle part of the country and need to show the rest of the Country that the best football is played right here in Middle America!

Exactly what I've been saying. It's a real shame that Nebraska left...
Nonetheless, I'm going to look past the fact that you're late to the party and embrace the fact that you showed up at all.

College Sports Rivalry
9/21/2011, 02:18 AM

I tell you what, until then let's be thankful we have the answer. And, I urge all of you living in and around the metros, call into the Sports Animal tomorrow and tell those guys to get some better material. Traber needs to scoot on back to Maryland, and any NYC mafia-owned horse betting outfight would surely adopt Al Eschbach.

Have any of you been listening to that madness?

mehip
9/21/2011, 02:26 AM
I see no reason why OU, or any school, shoul commit to the big 12 untill the core issues are solved. Also I am very cynical about those issues being resolved, this conference allowed Nebraska to walk away rather than adderess them last year. Seriously, we let one of the most well known brands in modern college football just up and leave before anyone would talk about the elephant in the room.

mehip
9/21/2011, 02:29 AM
I tell you what, until then let's be thankful we have the answer. And, I urge all of you living in and around the metros, call into the Sports Animal tomorrow and tell those guys to get some better material. Traber needs to scoot on back to Maryland, and any NYC mafia-owned horse betting outfight would surely adopt Al Eschbach.

Have any of you been listening to that madness?
Honestly, I don't listen to talk radio, I just hate it.

ouflak
9/21/2011, 02:55 AM
Well that is hopefully that. I really wasn't big on the PAC. UT will not and should not change the LHN for anybody for any reason. We should always have the OU/TX rivalry. Boren, if you can swallow a bit of pride, would you be willing to atleast give the SEC a call now? You don't have to commit to anything. No press leaks or anything. Just listen to what they have to say.

Boren, I like you. You've been great for the university overall. But you were dead wrong on this. Most people in the academia could care less about football, wouldn't know or ever want to know what 'conference' some football team plays in, have never played sports in their lives, and never will have interest in sports or playing sports in their lives.

This has nothing to do with academics. This has to do with fans and money. The PAC may bring money, but they are weak on fan support and distance would have made it nearly impossible for sooner fans to make up that difference. We just helped fill a stadium with a record 84,347 fans in the state Florida. That alone ought to be enough to tell you where we should be seeking new pastures.

the-rover
9/21/2011, 03:21 AM
I think it's not over yet.

"No thanks" is exactly what the SEC said when aTm came calling a month ago.

Posturing is what is still happening.

It could very well be that Boren told the PAC that would like to give it one last attempt at saving the conference, hence the statement from the PAC.

But it could also be that the PAC does not want to be accused of meddling like the SEC was trying to avoid, hence the statement from the PAC.

Give the whorns a chance to do the right thing without pressure, and see if they will. If they don't, then give the B12 our notice of "see ya".

Shakadoodoo
9/21/2011, 04:01 AM
The PAC just made a huge TV deal - Why would they want us? They thought they needed us to get that deal the summer before last but now that they have it they do not need us. Plus we would steal some of the shine from the other PAC 12 schools, especially the ones that are not that good anyway. I'm not a fan of the PAC anyway. I'm glad they said no! Big 12 needs to fire Beebe, grow a pair and start jacking teams from other conferences! I would much rather keep our own identity instead of swinging on every other conferences nut sacs!!!!!

USC Trojan
9/21/2011, 06:40 AM
I think in the back of the Pac 12s mind, they realize that taking OU, OSU, TX and TT would send huge shock waves thru the college football world. It would be something like watching the continents form again. A messy free agency snatch and match type of era would overtake college football. Make no mistake about it, this isn’t Utah or Colorado. Nobody lost sleep over them. This is OKLAHOMA and TEXAS…. Need I say more? The Pac commissioner said from the beggining that he would like for the Big 12 to stick together. Especially after a 3 Billion dollar deal he landed for 12 schools. ($20 Million per school…) Which means Pac schools are making way more money than everyone else. (Yes the sorry *** Washington State Cougars are making 20 Million a year. The same as USC and Oregon…etc..) I don’t know why ‘Taxus doesn’t want to fall in line but ultimately, it will kill the conference. This is kind of like the US asking they Japanese to surrender before the dropped the Atomic Bomb.

OU Adonis
9/21/2011, 07:09 AM
Through all this mess I hate Texas more, and now I hate baylor.

prrriiide
9/21/2011, 07:17 AM
If Beebe is canned, the LHN situation is revised, OU committs itself to the conference, and we add BYU then the conference will have been stabilized and most of the destabilizing issues are worked out. Why then would OU need to bolt to another conference?

It seems to me that if the underlying issues that destabilized the conference are worked out then why wouldn't OU want to stay? It still makes sense to me to have a strong athletic conference in the central-United States.

See, you just can't see it. As long as texass is in the conference, it will be unstable. They don't give a tinker's damn about stability, as long as they're getting more money and more exposure than any other conference school. Their arrogance won't allow them to take what other schools are willing to take RE: equality. They won't give up on the LHN, even though by the time it's all said and done ESPN will be begging to shat-can the whole thing. All of the things you mention are mere symptoms of the great destabilizing factor in the conference: TEXASS. The BIGXII universities need to get together and rescind texass' membership posthaste. SCREW THEM. THEN we can look to add schools with an eye towards stability.

cleller
9/21/2011, 07:33 AM
Ha ha ha huge media fail. http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/15517780/make-no-mistake-pac12-desperately-wants-texas-and-oklahoma

That guy looks like an egg-sandwich.

3rdgensooner
9/21/2011, 07:51 AM

Did you not read all of my post. I think it would too. But if the Texas situation cannot be resolved, it isn't the better fit anymore. If we are to move, the SEC is and always has been the better direction.I think SicEm was referring to the B1G that Nebbish just joined, not the conference formerly known as Big xii.

We are just going to see a repeat of this in the near future if the core issues that seem to be causing this drama are not addressed. Mainly equal revenue sharing and hs highlights on the lhn. I'm still in favor of walking away from this conference. I cant stand the sec or the big10 but both have a better future than the big12.This appears to be true.

I I don’t know why ‘Taxus doesn’t want to fall in line but ultimately, it will kill the conference. This is kind of like the US asking they Japanese to surrender before the dropped the Atomic Bomb.Because they're Texas.

Landthief 1972
9/21/2011, 08:57 AM
Unless Beebe is removed and the LHN is brought under control, be prepared for conference realignment drama every year. You can't successfully run a conference under these kind of conditions, and you can't attract good replacement teams for Nebbish and A&M if Texas is going to hold the rest of the conference by the balls, especially with Beebe chaining us to the limp-wristed TV contract the Big XII is stuck with.

Veritas
9/21/2011, 09:03 AM
I wish OU would make a conference move without regard for the ****ing whorns.

saucysoonergal
9/21/2011, 09:04 AM
Hang a hundred on Texass and Baylor this year Bob!

Mississippi Sooner
9/21/2011, 09:07 AM

That's almost mandatory at this point.

Boomer.....
9/21/2011, 09:12 AM

Don't for get aggie.

SoonerMom2
9/21/2011, 09:17 AM
Looks like this came out of the NCAA President who told the PAC to slow it down. Some OU officials were in Indy yesterday at the NCAA Headquarters for what reason no one knows.

This comes from another board:

PAC-12 presidents felt NCAA President Mark Emmert reaching out to caution against possible negative ramifications of superconf was effective

If this is true looks like the NCAA was not prepared for the Super Conferences.

GreenSooner
9/21/2011, 09:35 AM
The NCAA is not prepared to have its gravy train come to an end. Read Taylor Branch's excellent article in The Atlantic about the NCAA racket (http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2011/10/the-shame-of-college-sports/8643/). This is all about folks who are making a ton of money off the efforts of others (most of whom--the players, er, "student-athletes" themselves--aren't being paid a dime) scrambling to keep the system from rationalizing itself by cutting a lot of them out of the take.

FtwTxSooner
9/21/2011, 09:43 AM
So much for the notion that any conference would bend over backwards to pick us up.

SoonerMom2
9/21/2011, 10:05 AM
The NCAA is not prepared to have its gravy train come to an end. Read Taylor Branch's excellent article in The Atlantic about the NCAA racket (http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2011/10/the-shame-of-college-sports/8643/). This is all about folks who are making a ton of money off the efforts of others (most of whom--the players, er, "student-athletes" themselves--aren't being paid a dime) scrambling to keep the system from rationalizing itself by cutting a lot of them out of the take.

Is it possible the NCAA saw this as a threat to them with the Super Conferences in football pulling out of the NCAA and having playoffs not the BCS games? This was about the NCAA not the fact conferences didn't want us. No way with the PAC troubles with the NCAA with USC and Oregon not going to say 'yes sir' when the NCAA President tells them to slow it down and back it off.

sooneron
9/21/2011, 10:13 AM

Run along now, man talk!

Lott's Bandana
9/21/2011, 10:16 AM
Looks like this came out of the NCAA President who told the PAC to slow it down. Some OU officials were in Indy yesterday at the NCAA Headquarters for what reason no one knows.

This comes from another board:

PAC-12 presidents felt NCAA President Mark Emmert reaching out to caution against possible negative ramifications of superconf was effective

If this is true looks like the NCAA was not prepared for the Super Conferences.

That was Sherri.

delhalew
9/21/2011, 10:46 AM
So much for the notion that any conference would bend over backwards to pick us up.

Don't get carried away. As tired as we are of all the talk, this sort of thing shouldn't be rushed. In the interim, the Big 12 is kicking *** and taking names.

Sooner98
9/21/2011, 11:02 AM
Dan Wetzel nails it:

http://m.yahoo.com/w/sports/home/experts/article?offset=0&urn=urn%3Anewsml%3Asports.yahoo%2Cyhoo%3A20050301% 3Ancaaf%2Carticle%2Cdw-wetzel_big_12_lives_to_play_092111%3A1&.ts=1316616207&.ysid=NeMes4jZ11ClrTElTQS75Y1G&.intl=US&.lang=en

saucysoonergal
9/21/2011, 11:13 AM
Texass SUCKS!

badger
9/21/2011, 11:29 AM
The latest is here (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20110921_92_0_TheBig886869)

In a nutshell, the Big 12 is going to ask for Loser Beebe's resignation and possibly get the old Big 8 commish in as an interim guy till a permanent replacement can be found. There is also going to be one last attempt to keep A&M, a vote for equal revenue sharing, votes on reigning in the Bevo Show (NOT money, just program content) and if A&M still says they're leaving, immediately seeking a 10th team.

If the rumors out there that the NCAA asked the Pac 12 and others to stop all the conference crap, there is a possibility that the NCAA also talked to the SEC, which absolutely needs to do everything it can to make the NCAA happy. If that is the case, A&M may no longer have an SEC invite on the table and may need to stay in the Big 12 for the near future.

saucysoonergal
9/21/2011, 11:37 AM
Badg, you nutshelled everything in the article. There is no reason to click the link.

SoonerPride
9/21/2011, 11:42 AM
Can you imagine the enmity between A&M and * if A&M is forced to stay in the Big 12?

omg they might literally kill each other.

saucysoonergal
9/21/2011, 11:44 AM
Can you imagine the enmity between A&M and * if A&M is forced to stay in the Big 12?

Sounds good to me!

Dio
9/21/2011, 12:00 PM

win/win

SicEmBaylor
9/21/2011, 12:00 PM
Don't for get aggie.
Why is Texas getting a pass in this 100-point beatdown?

3rdgensooner
9/21/2011, 12:01 PM

Why is Texas getting a pass in this 100-point beatdown?Huh?

saucysoonergal
9/21/2011, 12:02 PM
You beat me 3rdgen. I was going to pimp slap the boy. ;)

3rdgensooner
9/21/2011, 12:13 PM
You beat me 3rdgen. I was going to pimp slap the boy. ;)Don't let me stop you from a good pimp-slapping.

And, he should know that Texas is never going to get a pass on a 100-point beatdown.

SicEmBaylor
9/21/2011, 12:14 PM
Huh?
Sorry, I meant A&M.

badger
9/21/2011, 12:15 PM
Badg, you nutshelled everything in the article. There is no reason to click the link.

There's more quotes and crap, but I figured I'd just summarize it for those too lazy to click, lol.

Now... EVERYONE HERE PLEASE TRY vBOOKIE! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Bourbon St Sooner
9/21/2011, 12:24 PM
The latest is here (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20110921_92_0_TheBig886869)

In a nutshell, the Big 12 is going to ask for Loser Beebe's resignation and possibly get the old Big 8 commish in as an interim guy till a permanent replacement can be found. There is also going to be one last attempt to keep A&M, a vote for equal revenue sharing, votes on reigning in the Bevo Show (NOT money, just program content) and if A&M still says they're leaving, immediately seeking a 10th team.

If the rumors out there that the NCAA asked the Pac 12 and others to stop all the conference crap, there is a possibility that the NCAA also talked to the SEC, which absolutely needs to do everything it can to make the NCAA happy. If that is the case, A&M may no longer have an SEC invite on the table and may need to stay in the Big 12 for the near future.

Mark Emmert to Mike Slive: Hey, Mikey, you tell a&m to get lost and we let Aubie keep its national title.

Sooner98
9/21/2011, 01:42 PM

So, is the NCAA going to put a stop to the move of Pitt and Syracuse to the ACC, or are they going to let those two slide?

sooneron
9/21/2011, 01:46 PM
So, is the NCAA going to put a stop to the move of Pitt and Syracuse to the ACC, or are they going to let those two slide?

Makes me wonder, I keep seeing Pitt/Cuse rhetoric crawling on the espin ticker and Big lEast talking commitment...

MeMyself&Me
9/21/2011, 01:47 PM

OH! And make sure we get Nebbish back while you're at it!

GottaHavePride
9/21/2011, 01:51 PM
If Boren anticipated the PAC's response, I'm betting they weren't his target in the first place.

I think he's using the PAC to finally divorce us from Texas and T Boone State both.

OU to the B1G within a month.

saucysoonergal
9/21/2011, 01:56 PM
It would be nice to play the nebbish again.

badger
9/21/2011, 02:06 PM
I am taking one for the team and paying attention to OSU's regents meeting.

If anyone else really cares to follow along, you can here. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OSU/article.aspx?subjectid=93&articleid=20110921_93_0_TheOkl607288)

Unlike the OU meeting, this was a special meeting for the conference purposes only, not a previously scheduled regents meeting with a full agenda.

As such, they are already in executive session.

Lott's Bandana
9/21/2011, 02:16 PM
Meanwhile, Larry Scott is on ESPN DESTROYING whorn.

Paraphrase: "This was a decision about sacrificing money for principles."

Boom.

Lott's Bandana
9/21/2011, 02:30 PM
I am taking one for the team and paying attention to OSU's regents meeting.

If anyone else really cares to follow along, you can here. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OSU/article.aspx?subjectid=93&articleid=20110921_93_0_TheOkl607288)

Unlike the OU meeting, this was a special meeting for the conference purposes only, not a previously scheduled regents meeting with a full agenda.

As such, they are already in executive session.

I just want to know, is T. Boone there, and is he in the X Session? If so, how many other boosters/donors get that privilege at other universities, without being a Regent?

Do they have any idea how bad they look letting a booster/donor be their national spokesman? I guarantee you most people outside of the state think he has some official capacity with the university.

Tear Down This Wall
9/21/2011, 02:33 PM
Through all this mess I hate Texas more, and now I hate baylor.

The only reason you didn't hate Baylor before is that you weren't having to live among them.

SicEmBaylor
9/21/2011, 02:37 PM
The only reason you didn't hate Baylor before is that you weren't having to live among them.
Among them? Baylor's total enrollment is 14k. There are high schools in TX that graduate more students every year than Baylor. I don't know how many total Baylor alumni are spread out around the globe, but my guess is the number is ridiculously low when compared to your average degree factory. So, how many Baylor people do you live amongst? Once again, I think you're pretty full of ****.

saucysoonergal
9/21/2011, 02:37 PM
This is disgusting:

http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?u=39714&type=sigpic&dateline=1316632090

Make me want to puke.

badger
9/21/2011, 02:40 PM
The feed went out, but OSU is apparently already back from exec session and gave OSU's prez the same dealio that UT and OU gave their/our prezzzezzz.

3rdgensooner
9/21/2011, 02:40 PM
I just want to know, is T. Boone there, and is he in the X Session? If so, how many other boosters/donors get that privilege at other universities, without being a Regent?

Do they have any idea how bad they look letting a booster/donor be their national spokesman? I guarantee you most people outside of the state think he has some official capacity with the university.Linkage (http://dennis-dodd.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/32154984)

saucysoonergal
9/21/2011, 02:41 PM
SEC SEC SEC!!! ;)

BASSooner
9/21/2011, 02:41 PM
The feed went out, but OSU is apparently already back from exec session and gave OSU's prez the same dealio that UT and OU gave their/our prezzzezzz.
link?

badger
9/21/2011, 02:42 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/zxk200.png

badger
9/21/2011, 02:42 PM
link?

You really should just trust that I know my sh!t :P

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OSU/article.aspx?subjectid=93&articleid=20110921_93_0_TheOkl607288)

Lott's Bandana
9/21/2011, 02:44 PM
from 3rdgen's linkage:

T. Boone Pickens: "I don't want to be in the division of the Pac-12 that doesn't have the ocean."

Can't make this stuff up folks.

delhalew
9/21/2011, 03:06 PM
I can't tell if I'm bored or fascinated.

MRNOTDUCKS
9/21/2011, 03:30 PM
This is disgusting:

Make me want to puke.

It's absolutely disgusting AND incorrect.

The only Conference Realignment Champion thus far is A&M. We don't have to deal with a crap-*** conference anymore. And Sic Em, try as you might, you won't be able to defend an argument that the Big 12 is in a better position now without A&M. So Baylor actually has gained nothing and sustained significant losses and had its image tarnished in this conference realignment fiasco. Enjoy your Pyrrhic victory, punk.

SicEmBaylor
9/21/2011, 03:56 PM
It's absolutely disgusting AND incorrect.

The only Conference Realignment Champion thus far is A&M. We don't have to deal with a crap-*** conference anymore. And Sic Em, try as you might, you won't be able to defend an argument that the Big 12 is in a better position now without A&M. So Baylor actually has gained nothing and sustained significant losses and had its image tarnished in this conference realignment fiasco. Enjoy your Pyrrhic victory, punk.

Yep, it sucks. I don't like the way things played out. Aggie is now in the SEC, the Favored-Four are in the Pac-12, and Baylor is joining the WAC....

Oh wait...

Lott's Bandana
9/21/2011, 03:58 PM
Remora

delhalew
9/21/2011, 03:58 PM
I used to think the Bears were cute...now, just sad.

delhalew
9/21/2011, 04:02 PM
Yep, it sucks. I don't like the way things played out. Aggie is now in the SEC, the Favored-Four are in the Pac-12, and Baylor is joining the WAC....

Oh wait...

It won't last. Baylor can't force us to eat **** and smile. Neither can Texas, assuming Boren has a hair on his nuts.

The Big 12 is packed with resentment.

soonerboomer93
9/21/2011, 04:14 PM
I used to think the Bears were cute...now, just sad.

dude, if sic'em is representative of the average baylor person, you should have known they were pathetic for years.

delhalew
9/21/2011, 04:19 PM
dude, if sic'em is representative of the average baylor person, you should have known they were pathetic for years.
I actually like Sic 'em, despite his attempt to rationalize the actions of his university.

ddub0224
9/21/2011, 04:23 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/zxk200.png

Wonder if they will order rings? And Iowa State and K-State can get Co-Conference Realignment Champions rings too.

CrimsonCommando
9/21/2011, 04:26 PM
Yeah, why all the hate for Sic'Em??? He's allright. Brings a different perspective to the Board. He's like a Bear-gimp Soonerfans keeps around for fun. Lay off him.

OU Adonis
9/21/2011, 04:26 PM
I actually like Sic 'em, despite his attempt to rationalize the actions of his university. I used to like sic'em.. now I think he is just an azz.

Russ
9/21/2011, 04:42 PM
Among them? Baylor's total enrollment is 14k. There are high schools in TX that graduate more students every year than Baylor. I don't know how many total Baylor alumni are spread out around the globe, but my guess is the number is ridiculously low when compared to your average degree factory. So, how many Baylor people do you live amongst? Once again, I think you're pretty full of ****.

209736 fans according to this report....
http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/19/the-geography-of-college-football-fans-and-realignment-chaos/#h[]

SicEmBaylor
9/21/2011, 04:50 PM
It won't last. Baylor can't force us to eat **** and smile. Neither can Texas, assuming Boren has a hair on his nuts.

The Big 12 is packed with resentment.

I don't think anyone thinks or expects it to last. The rumor floating around that OU and UT have conceptually agreed to a 5-year commitment actually exceeds my expectations. I think the biggest positive in all of this is slowing down the formation of the super-conferences before everyone was really ready. The idea of going to the Pac-12 was insane. Absolutely insane. The idea that Oklahoma and Texas have to join a f'n left coast California based athletic conference is just sad. It's outright pitiful. There ought to be a strong athletic conference in the central United States.

Yeah, why all the hate for Sic'Em??? He's allright. Brings a different perspective to the Board. He's like a Bear-gimp Soonerfans keeps around for fun. Lay off him.
Much appreciated. It bears repeating that my love for the Sooners is second only to my love for my Baylor, but I would never ever side with the former over the latter.

delhalew
9/21/2011, 05:05 PM
I don't think anyone thinks or expects it to last. The rumor floating around that OU and UT have conceptually agreed to a 5-year commitment actually exceeds my expectations. I think the biggest positive in all of this is slowing down the formation of the super-conferences before everyone was really ready. The idea of going to the Pac-12 was insane. Absolutely insane. The idea that Oklahoma and Texas have to join a f'n left coast California based athletic conference is just sad. It's outright pitiful. There ought to be a strong athletic conference in the central United States.

Much appreciated. It bears repeating that my love for the Sooners is second only to my love for my Baylor, but I would never ever side with the former over the latter.

It helps that we are of a like mind on the foolishness of rushing into the hackie sack 12. We can do better.

MRNOTDUCKS
9/21/2011, 05:15 PM

lol. Whatever. You are the uncle tom of Soonerfans. People tolerate you because you are non threatening. Just like your school.

Sooner1972
9/21/2011, 05:23 PM
Baylor's message boards are filled with posters like Sic 'Em. "Yeah, we made OU and OSU have to stay." "We protected our interests and beat OU." etc.

Boren handles this thing better and we are long gone. This has little to do with BU, try as they might to want to sit at the big boy's table.

badger
9/21/2011, 05:33 PM

He clings to Baylor because his new school Ole Miss sucks arse right now. Oh, the irony of wanting to stick with Baylor over another program - an SEC program! - because of winning ways :D

It is also ironic that I'm calling someone who identifies as a Baylor fan as a fairweather fan. :D

It is likely furtherly ironic in many other ways, but I'll stop at those two :D

SicEmBaylor
9/21/2011, 05:51 PM
He clings to Baylor because his new school Ole Miss sucks arse right now. Oh, the irony of wanting to stick with Baylor over another program - an SEC program! - because of winning ways :D

It is also ironic that I'm calling someone who identifies as a Baylor fan as a fairweather fan. :D

It is likely furtherly ironic in many other ways, but I'll stop at those two :D

I've never stepped foot on the Ole Miss Campus.

However, I did spend the better part of a decade as a student at Baylor. I can thumb through Baylor's catalog and have to look hard for a classes that I haven't had. I've paid more money to Baylor in one year than the combined 4-year tuition total of a lot of people at other schools. I've represented Baylor University as a proud member of one of its academic teams. I went through 3 football coaches as a student at Baylor, I rarely missed a home game, and I have often been disappointed in our team's performance but I have never ever been ashamed to be associated with Baylor. It is true that I failed to get my degree there, but I think I've earned my place in Baylordom.

I do not just "identify" myself as a Baylor fan in the way that some t-shirt wearing bumpkin "identifies" with a state school that they never ever stepped foot on.

Vegas Sooner
9/21/2011, 05:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7Q2XGf4TCY

Go ahead and wait for old people to make smart decisions.

SicEmBaylor
9/21/2011, 05:54 PM
Baylor's message boards are filled with posters like Sic 'Em. "Yeah, we made OU and OSU have to stay." "We protected our interests and beat OU." etc.

Boren handles this thing better and we are long gone. This has little to do with BU, try as they might to want to sit at the big boy's table.

Except Boren handling it poorly is what caused Baylor to spring into legal action. Every domino that has fallen is the result of the previous dominoes that fell.

Baylor is trying to keep everyone seated at the table...big boy or otherwise. Actually, that's not correct, Baylor is trying to make sure there is a table to sit at.

SicEmBaylor
9/21/2011, 06:00 PM
lol. Whatever. You are the uncle tom of Soonerfans. People tolerate you because you are non threatening. Just like your school.
Comparing me to Uncle Tom? Oh irony how I love thou...

Anyway, I stick around here because I like OU and I like the people here. I'm not really sure why I haven't been permabanned, but I suspect that it has more to do with the fact that I don't go around breaking the rules and being a class-A d*** than it does mere "toleration" for me.

And isn't my school being threatening exactly the reason that things are in the state that they're currently in? I mean other than the fact that you're already in the SEC...err oh wait...I gotta quit doing that.

Vegas Sooner
9/21/2011, 06:00 PM
Except Boren handling it poorly is what caused Baylor to spring into legal action. Every domino that has fallen is the result of the previous dominoes that fell.

Baylor is trying to keep everyone seated at the table...big boy or otherwise. Actually, that's not correct, Baylor is trying to make sure there is a table to sit at.

So all Baylor wants is some of the big brother dough?

That is weak. Your BBall team fell apart and you were able to pay..ooops build that team back up with a 'tard coach who lets anybody pop 3s.

Let it go!!

delhalew
9/21/2011, 06:01 PM

It's not up to Baylor. It's on Texas and Oklahoma.

Vegas Sooner
9/21/2011, 06:07 PM
[QUOTE=SicEmBaylor;3349696]Comparing me to Uncle Tom? Oh irony how I love thou...

I hope you were a Baylor Grad, because you the word is spelled "Though."

....Money put to waste, and all you want to do is steal some more.

SicEmBaylor
9/21/2011, 06:10 PM
I hope you were a Baylor Grad, because you the word is spelled "Though."

....Money put to waste, and all you want to do is steal some more.

"Thou" was what I intended as written. I think I'll pass on the grammar advice, but thank you anyway.

Lott's Bandana
9/21/2011, 06:22 PM
Don't take this personal, SicEm...but it is weird that you have relevance on the Football Board.

Lott's Bandana
9/21/2011, 06:23 PM
Let me rephrase, don't take it as in insult. Of course, it's personal.

ouwasp
9/21/2011, 06:29 PM
Well, my thread about "Kinda wishing OU had reamined a "wallflower" was deleted.... and in the thread I speculated that we're all supposed to pretend everything is fine.

Well, it's not. The Sooner Nation was made to look like one of Texas' girls. Sure, maybe I don't see the big picture. But that's what I see.

Also don't get the infatuation with retarded little bro.

Perhaps time (and some victories) will smooth things over.

delhalew
9/21/2011, 06:37 PM
Well, my thread about "Kinda wishing OU had reamined a "wallflower" was deleted.... and in the thread I speculated that we're all supposed to pretend everything is fine.

Well, it's not. The Sooner Nation was made to look like one of Texas' girls. Sure, maybe I don't see the big picture. But that's what I see.

Also don't get the infatuation with retarded little bro.

Perhaps time (and some victories) will smooth things over.

Relax. We have a season to enjoy.

SoonerMom2
9/21/2011, 06:53 PM
Has anyone heard that UT has been the one blocking AAU membership for OU? Someone sent me an email and asked if I had heard and I have no clue.

AlboSooner
9/21/2011, 07:29 PM
It's not up to Baylor. It's on Texas and Oklahoma.

It's on Texas alone. Texas rules big 12.

AlboSooner
9/21/2011, 07:31 PM
Those ATM aggies are not so dumb after all. I wish we would have joined the SEC

trwxxa
9/21/2011, 07:33 PM
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

It ain't over. The LHN money is UT's and they can have it. Texas can talk LHN content all they want, but ESPN has already said they will not allow the NCAA to dictate the programming content. UT has been tasked with providing its best efforts to show their games and high school games on the network. I don't see that anything changes. ESPN gets its content and UT picks the games that benefits it the most. Maybe not this year, but it will happen. And when the network becomes profitable, Texas goes independent. OU should not wait for this to play out. They need to be ready to bolt at anytime.

Someone said earlier we need to hanga hundred on them. That's damn right.

Sooner5030
9/21/2011, 07:34 PM
I have always been pro "salvage the B12" with "PAC" a distant second. When Boren made those comments I was sure something was worked out. No way we'd stick our necks out like that. Since then I've been accepting of the PAC. Now this.......I will be patient and wait a few weeks but in the end if we stay B12 the perception will only grow about who runs this conference. I know they (UT) only get one vote but sports are followed by fans that have a LOT of pride. We may have to flirt with the SEC to retain an out for later this year or the next.

BASSooner
9/21/2011, 07:36 PM
Has anyone heard that UT has been the one blocking AAU membership for OU? Someone sent me an email and asked if I had heard and I have no clue.
Interesting..how is that possible though?

SoonerMom2
9/21/2011, 07:44 PM
I have no idea how the AAU works but when I asked a few people was told a school can block another school from obtaining AAU membership. Guess I need to do some research.

Vegas Sooner
9/21/2011, 07:45 PM
GAY!

Vegas Sooner
9/21/2011, 07:47 PM
BAYLOR IS ABOUT AS GAY AS THEIR "CLAW HAND THINGY."

AlboSooner
9/21/2011, 08:07 PM
This could all be a misunderstanding. Maybe the wall-flower comment was meant as OU won't be a wall-flower because texas would pick it and put it on a vase with other flowers.

3rdgensooner
9/21/2011, 08:07 PM
I guess I'm the only one who saw the humor in SicEm's sigline.

AlboSooner
9/21/2011, 08:10 PM
I do too.

SicEmBaylor
9/21/2011, 08:12 PM
I guess I'm the only one who saw the humor in SicEm's sigline.
Tongue-in-cheek humor is lost on some.

finster
9/21/2011, 08:48 PM
A chicken could not live on that field when we open on it.

finster
9/21/2011, 08:55 PM
http://newsok.com/source-ou-ultimately-sought-big-12-reform-not-pac-12-move/article/3606281?custom_click=masthead_topten

Bourbon St Sooner
9/21/2011, 09:19 PM
http://newsok.com/source-ou-ultimately-sought-big-12-reform-not-pac-12-move/article/3606281?custom_click=masthead_topten

The skeptics will say that's a lot of spin doctoring. Who knows? I'll wait until 5 years from now when the book comes out and maybe we'll get a reasonable interpretation of what actually went on.

EatLeadCommie
9/21/2011, 09:25 PM
If we must absolutely stay in this clusterfudge of a conference, we need to maintain the "us vs. them" mentality and create a voting bloc of 9 schools to permanently counteract the BS from UT. Of course they're going to keep their money from the network. It makes sense. They've invested in it. The question is what does the rest of the Big XII do? Make its own network and leave UT out of the financial picture? It should, and it should be allowed to televise a game a week with the option of at least as many UT games on the network as UT has on its own. That might lessen the sting a bit. I know OU has wanted to make its own network for a while (though more based online), but that would be an impediment to joining another conference when the BXII falls apart. And it will fall apart.

JiminyChristmas
9/21/2011, 09:27 PM

Not buying that article at all. Nice spin attempt, but too easy to see through it.

My opinion, which only matters to me, has always been;

1) save big xii
2) sec
3) pac

But to me, it has to be equal to or greater than the original big xii in order to want to stay. The schools being mentioned to replace what we've lost are not even close.

Whorn will keep its' network and continue to be pimped more and more by espin.

It is time to accept that we screwed up last year, understand our place in this weakened conference, and go back to focusing on the fantastic season we might have in front of us.

F' realignment. F' texass. F' baylor. Let's take it out on the field.

Sooner5030
9/21/2011, 09:35 PM
work to save B12 but keep options (ACC/SEC) open in case we want to bolt in the near future. Do not support higher exit fees.......that way we continue to send the signal we're not happy.

Buffstuff
9/21/2011, 09:36 PM
I've always enjoyed OU football, I respect the tradition and pride. These last two weeks make you look like buffoons, a laughing stock around the college football country. Pac has wanted Texas since Scott took over. He was willing to take you if UT caved on the LHN and equal revenue sharing. When that didn't happen, the Pac presidents looked at the value OU/OSU would bring to the conference and decided it wasn't worth it. OU is stuck. Your leadership not only ****ed up, but the spin they put on it today is moronic, humorous and inane. What a crock. You had an invite last year and passed. Too bad. I think you got tooled. OU has lost a lot of respect nationwide. You are out of options.

JiminyChristmas
9/21/2011, 09:38 PM
I also think the Presidents and ADs just completely screwed the idea of sportsmanship within the conference for a long time to come.

I expect to hear about some ugly scenes between fans in the stands, vandalized visiting fans cars, and planes flying over stadiums with childish messages, o wait....

prrriiide
9/21/2011, 09:45 PM
Listen to this interview with Larry Scott...

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/26202/larry-scott-we-could-have-expanded

In the interview, he makes clear - many times - that he discovered over the course of LAST WEEKEND that a deal could not be reached. Now, I know Boren and JC were in Tally last weekend. So...guess who was in LA to scuttle the deal with the Pac...oh, and by the way bone OU at the same time.

DeLoss Dodds is the antichrist.

10 bucks says that if we had played on the left coast last weekend and texass would have been elsewhere, we'd be inking the deal on a move to the Pac. This was a deliberate sabotage by Dodds to preserve his grandiose vision of texass' place in the college sports firmament.

He has had minions running the texass AD for a couple of years while he bears his LHN obsession to fruition in league with ESPiN. Now that he can see his terrible monster sparking to life, he - like Dr. Frankenstein - cannot see the clear and present danger such an entity presents to the future stability of any warmed-over conference.

Right now, Ol' Scratch is clearing out a special corner for Dodds and the texass admin.

SoonerMom2
9/21/2011, 09:46 PM
ROFLOL!!! Don't forget the recent billboard by A&M.

soonerboomer93
9/21/2011, 09:56 PM
I actually like Sic 'em, despite his attempt to rationalize the actions of his university.

I didn't say that I don't like sic'em. I've just read his stories

prrriiide
9/21/2011, 10:03 PM
I didn't say that I don't like sic'em. I've just listened to his B.S.

FIFY

booomer
9/21/2011, 10:15 PM
Listen to this interview with Larry Scott...

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/26202/larry-scott-we-could-have-expanded

In the interview, he makes clear - many times - that he discovered over the course of LAST WEEKEND that a deal could not be reached. Now, I know Boren and JC were in Tally last weekend. So...guess who was in LA to scuttle the deal with the Pac...oh, and by the way bone OU at the same time.

DeLoss Dodds is the antichrist.

10 bucks says that if we had played on the left coast last weekend and texass would have been elsewhere, we'd be inking the deal on a move to the Pac. This was a deliberate sabotage by Dodds to preserve his grandiose vision of texass' place in the college sports firmament.

He has had minions running the texass AD for a couple of years while he bears his LHN obsession to fruition in league with ESPiN. Now that he can see his terrible monster sparking to life, he - like Dr. Frankenstein - cannot see the clear and present danger such an entity presents to the future stability of any warmed-over conference.

Right now, Ol' Scratch is clearing out a special corner for Dodds and the texass admin.

I just listened to this on College Football Live and then Joe Schad followed and said that Scott has been courting OU/TX for a while and this was his 2nd run at trying to bring them to the conference, but he realized that Texas was not going to deal, so he killed all the talk by saying the PAC 12 will not expand.

finster
9/21/2011, 10:37 PM
Bebe fired

SoonerMom2
9/21/2011, 11:01 PM
Bebe fired

You have that right! ESPN NCAAF - KC Star: Dan Beebe working on agreement to leave position as Big 12 commissioner

Beebe didn't even survive until the joint phone call tomorrow!

delhalew
9/21/2011, 11:25 PM
It's on Texas alone. Texas rules big 12.

Congratulations. You and your weak-minded ilk sound just like the trolls that come here with the same perception. Texas rules exactly as much as we let them, and until we decide to cease letting them. If you think we don't have options, than you are clueless.

Sco
9/21/2011, 11:26 PM
If only it made financial sense...

What if the Big 12 just said, screw it, we're going to be the first super-conference and merged with the 7 remaining Big East members? Wouldn't quite be the strength of the proposed Pac-16, but if we're going to stay in this cluster of a conference, why not go out on a limb and be the aggressive ones, for once?

But, alas, what the hell do Cincinnati, Connecticut, West Virginia, TCU, South Florida, and Louisville really bring to the conference?

delhalew
9/21/2011, 11:27 PM
You have that right! ESPN NCAAF - KC Star: Dan Beebe working on agreement to leave position as Big 12 commissioner

Beebe didn't even survive until the joint phone call tomorrow!

Our first order of business. Watch as we check items off the list, and then let these fools tell you Texas owns us.

delhalew
9/21/2011, 11:32 PM
If only it made financial sense...

What if the Big 12 just said, screw it, we're going to be the first super-conference and merged with the 7 remaining Big East members? Wouldn't quite be the strength of the proposed Pac-16, but if we're going to stay in this cluster of a conference, why not go out on a limb and be the aggressive ones, for once?

But, alas, what the hell do Cincinnati, Connecticut, West Virginia, TCU, South Florida, and Louisville really bring to the conference?

**** all that. Why should we give up our paycheck for a watered down conference. Years when we dominate, we get more TV money than Texas. They are cashing in on third tier rights with the LHN. So can we. Or...we can leave, but we do it on OUR terms. When we stand to gain nothing from the Big 12. That day has not come.

WE are just reacting to our own fatigue over the gawd damn drama. Be calm Sooners. It pays to be a top tier program.

BASSooner
9/21/2011, 11:47 PM
Also take into consideration that oSu BoR granted their president full authority for their conference realignment negotiations AFTER the PAC made their announcement. This isn't over yet...not by a long shot

SicEmBaylor
9/21/2011, 11:48 PM
Also take into consideration that oSu BoR granted their president full authority for their conference realignment negotiations AFTER the PAC made their announcement. This isn't over yet...not by a long shot

I don't think this is indicative of anything other than them being retarded.

Sooner98
9/21/2011, 11:49 PM
**** all that. Why should we give up our paycheck for a watered down conference. Years when we dominate, we get more TV money than Texas. They are cashing in on third tier rights with the LHN. So can we. Or...we can leave, but we do it on OUR terms. When we stand to gain nothing from the Big 12. That day has not come.

WE are just reacting to our own fatigue over the gawd damn drama. Be calm Sooners. It pays to be a top tier program.

We can leave to....where exactly? The PAC won't take us without Texas, B1G has turned us down because of academics, and our leadership apparently wants no part of the SEC (I hope like heck that I am wrong or this changes). So, if we leave, what are you saying we do, go independent? Big East? Mountain West?

delhalew
9/22/2011, 12:01 AM
We can leave to....where exactly? The PAC won't take us without Texas, B1G has turned us down because of academics, and our leadership apparently wants no part of the SEC (I hope like heck that I am wrong or this changes). So, if we leave, what are you saying we do, go independent? Big East? Mountain West?

The good news is, you will be happy when you find out you're wrong. Our roadblocks thus far have been due to Texas and Stillwater. Maybe those get ironed out. Maybe they don't. Either way, we will have a home.

delhalew
9/22/2011, 12:02 AM

The good news is, you will be happy when you find out you're wrong. Our roadblocks thus far have been due to Texas and Stillwater. Maybe those get ironed out. Maybe they don't. Either way, we will have a home.

sooner59
9/22/2011, 12:14 AM
OU to NFC South!

S008NER
9/22/2011, 12:50 AM
http://blog.chron.com/sportsjustice/2011/09/order-is-restored-to-the-big-12-in-other-words-ou-has-no-choice-but-to-become-one-of-texas-toadies/

Whornston chronicle

EatLeadCommie
9/22/2011, 12:56 AM
I think our options are a bit limited not so much because of Texas, but because OSU is attached to us.

SicEmBaylor
9/22/2011, 01:31 AM
http://blog.chron.com/sportsjustice/2011/09/order-is-restored-to-the-big-12-in-other-words-ou-has-no-choice-but-to-become-one-of-texas-toadies/

Whornston chronicle

That article isn't worth the server space to store it and the bandwidth to transmit it.

SicEmBaylor
9/22/2011, 01:51 AM
Don't take this personal, SicEm...but it is weird that you have relevance on the Football Board.
Offended? I think you're being overly generous.

Look, I'm just trying to defend my favorite 166 year old gal's honor here. Almost anyone else would do the same if their school were in the same position.

soonerboomer93
9/22/2011, 01:54 AM

Whornston chronicle

If you read this with a straight face and took anything credible from someone who can write:

You and I know better. SMU, TCU and Houston aren’t getting in the Big 12 because they’re threats to Texas. They’ve all got credible programs, and in the case of SMU and UH, they play an exciting brand of football.

I'm just saying

Sooner1972
9/22/2011, 06:50 AM

Any chance that you can elaborate further please? The radio shows seem to indicate what he was saying, in that we have no choice but to stay in this wasteland and just add three leftover teams. If you know of other discussions regarding better landing places I would be thrilled to hear the good news.

delhalew
9/22/2011, 07:58 AM
Any chance that you can elaborate further please? The radio shows seem to indicate what he was saying, in that we have no choice but to stay in this wasteland and just add three leftover teams. If you know of other discussions regarding better landing places I would be thrilled to hear the good news.

My point is that the reports are falling like rain. The PAC is simply trying to diffuse the situation. People are stepping back. That doesn't change our allure.

The SEC would take us right now, but we would have to give up on OSU.

delhalew
9/22/2011, 07:59 AM
Yeah!

Landthief 1972
9/22/2011, 09:11 AM
If Beebe is truly out, and the revenue sharing is fixed (without the 3rd tier rights), look for OU to start a Sooner Network ASAP.

BigTip
9/22/2011, 09:19 AM
I came up with a perfect analogy.

Texass is the beautiful trophy wife that in reality is a high maintenance bitch. Men think they want to be with her, but when they actually are, they can't wait to get out of the relationship.

AlboSooner
9/22/2011, 09:48 AM
We get to fire Beebe who Texas didn't support but OU did.
Texas will push any commissioner to take Texas' side. It makes no difference who they put on there.

The best thing to do is to go to the SEC.

AlboSooner
9/22/2011, 09:54 AM
Congratulations. You and your weak-minded ilk sound just like the trolls that come here with the same perception. Texas rules exactly as much as we let them, and until we decide to cease letting them. If you think we don't have options, than you are clueless.

Lol wut? I guess you like being embarrassed nationally. OU cannot go to PAC without Texas. Texas doesn't go to PAC without LHN, that means we are tied to Texas and LHN.

Do you think I would praise Texas over MY university? Really! Get out of your little box, read a little see what people are saying. People who even hate Texas are saying OU got embarrassed.

Realizing this, is the first step to never let this happen again. We need to get away from them, and just keep that game in October as a non-conference game.

sooner_born_1960
9/22/2011, 09:56 AM
The SEC would take us right now, but we would have to give up on OSU.
The SEC is at an odd number. There is still hope.

sooner2be3
9/22/2011, 09:56 AM
We are just cleaning things up for OUr friends in Lawrence, Manhattan, and Ames before we make the move......wherever that is. I have missed the reason why OSU cannot go to SEC with us. Can someone please enlighten me without bashing them?

sooner2be3
9/22/2011, 09:58 AM
We are just cleaning things up for OUr friends in Lawrence, Manhattan, and Ames before we make the move......wherever that is. I have missed the reason why OSU cannot go to SEC with us. Can someone please enlighten me without bashing them?

Nevermind, I got the answer to my question by the previous poster. Odd number of teams. Taking OSU would make SEC have to go 16.

AlboSooner
9/22/2011, 10:00 AM

You make a good point. OU leadership weakened their hand tremendously by turning down SEC, and making OSU a package deal. OU took a hit this week in terms of national power perception, which is something Boren desperately tried to show the contrary.
After last years perception that Texas was running the show, Boren made sure this year that the perception became a fact.

Texas will concede small things as PR moves, while keeping LHN, and teams which legitimize the Big 12.

AlboSooner
9/22/2011, 10:03 AM

They bring nothing to SEC. No TV markets, no football brand, no academics.

sooner2be3
9/22/2011, 10:06 AM
They bring nothing to SEC. No TV markets, no football brand, no academics.

Does bringing an exciting brand of football mean anything? However, can they maintain their momentum or is this just a flash in the pan? If they could maintain, they would bring more exciting matchups than...........let's say Miss St., Ole Miss, Vandy(but they have academic prestige), maybe South Carolina.

I agree with your observation though.

EatLeadCommie
9/22/2011, 10:07 AM
Assuming that the realignment is a no-go and we're stuck in this crapfest of a conference, we should look to shore up the north and add somebody like TCU to the south, taking them away from the Big East. I saw some combination of BYU, Boise, and TCU. Maybe AFA if not TCU due to their Big East obligations that they are now not very happy about, with BYU or AFA becoming the replacement for aTm in the south. This would be a patchover and very much riding the short term recent successes of Boise and TCU, but if this conference is only gonna last another 5 years, it's the best option out there. It would also bring a unique sense of excitement to promote the best mid-major teams into a real conference. I actually think the level of play in the short term would be improved in the Big XII.

Also, BYU has their own network like the Whorns do. The question then is what to do with the rest of the Big XII. Does it start a conference network and split the revenue among the remaining teams, excluding UT and BYU? Does OU start its own network? I think OU is on to something if it chooses to emphasize an online network. It is clearly the wave of the future and the overhead and start-up costs would be far less than they would for a tv network.

AlboSooner
9/22/2011, 10:21 AM
The SEC is not that bad academically, and everybody cheats. Even Boise got slapped with some infractions. Oregon cheats, USC cheats, ASU cheats, UCLA cheated. All of the schools I mentioned have been in trouble with NCAA in the last ten years.
Why not Join the SEC? Why did we reject SEC?

It's not that hard to win MNC in SEC: Saban won two, Meyer won two, even crazy Leslie won one.

SoonerMom2
9/22/2011, 10:25 AM
If I was Fox Sports, I would jump on a Sooner Network to counter UT with an honest network and then I would offer the league their own network. Schools could have their own network but one for the whole conference. Tier 1 and 2 money would be shared equally and each school could keep their own money. We already have Fox Sports Oklahoma on Cox -- I was so happy to break away from Fox Sports Southwest!

delhalew
9/22/2011, 11:06 AM
The SEC is at an odd number. There is still hope.

They would take us if they were at sixteen.

delhalew
9/22/2011, 11:07 AM
Lol wut? I guess you like being embarrassed nationally. OU cannot go to PAC without Texas. Texas doesn't go to PAC without LHN, that means we are tied to Texas and LHN.

Do you think I would praise Texas over MY university? Really! Get out of your little box, read a little see what people are saying. People who even hate Texas are saying OU got embarrassed.

Realizing this, is the first step to never let this happen again. We need to get away from them, and just keep that game in October as a non-conference game.

You just need to take less of what you read to heart.

delhalew
9/22/2011, 11:09 AM
You make a good point. OU leadership weakened their hand tremendously by turning down SEC, and making OSU a package deal. OU took a hit this week in terms of national power perception, which is something Boren desperately tried to show the contrary.
After last years perception that Texas was running the show, Boren made sure this year that the perception became a fact.

Texas will concede small things as PR moves, while keeping LHN, and teams which legitimize the Big 12.
Let them keep the LHN. So what.

Widescreen
9/22/2011, 12:06 PM
Assuming that the realignment is a no-go and we're stuck in this crapfest of a conference, we should look to shore up the north and add somebody like TCU to the south, taking them away from the Big East. I saw some combination of BYU, Boise, and TCU. Maybe AFA if not TCU due to their Big East obligations that they are now not very happy about, with BYU or AFA becoming the replacement for aTm in the south. This would be a patchover and very much riding the short term recent successes of Boise and TCU, but if this conference is only gonna last another 5 years, it's the best option out there. It would also bring a unique sense of excitement to promote the best mid-major teams into a real conference. I actually think the level of play in the short term would be improved in the Big XII.

Also, BYU has their own network like the Whorns do. The question then is what to do with the rest of the Big XII. Does it start a conference network and split the revenue among the remaining teams, excluding UT and BYU? Does OU start its own network? I think OU is on to something if it chooses to emphasize an online network. It is clearly the wave of the future and the overhead and start-up costs would be far less than they would for a tv network.
I don't want any more Texas teams in this Big 12. Remember how Brandon Carter switched from OU to TCU - probably a big part to play closer to home? If we let TCU into the Big 12, we'll see that happen a lot more because they get to stay near home AND play in a better conference. I'd prefer to let TCU keep having to convince recruits that playing on the east coast really is better than playing around here.