1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is OU's best team since 1988...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Soonerus, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Mississippi Sooner

Mississippi Sooner New Member

Hybl suffered from an acute lack vowels.

OUmillenium and OU_Sooners75 like this.
  2. King Crimson

King Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

our O line in 01 was so bad and inexperienced it was absurd.

Hybl won the job. the lame playcalling came after. the hits Hybl took against KSU and later the stupid game against NU where we have a guy with a concussion and a guy who cant walk....that gets beat by the (joke) Eric Crouch Heisman winning throwback play.

no excuse for losing to Les and OSU that year in Norman. none. that is system wide bacteria crap hell.

3. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

That's funny. STEP suffers from an acute abundance of bowels.

4. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

+1

5. 3 times today..hot links for breakfast

6. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

For the record, I still think the 85 Sooners were the best (in my lifetime anyway). Hard to know if we win the Miami game if Troy doesn't break his leg, but if he doesn't, maybe Jamelle doesn't see the field that year. Anyway, I loved watching that defense play.

Back to the Stoops era, I still agree that this team has the ability to be Stoops' best. We can't compare this team to any other yet, especially only three games in. The talent is there, and other than the kicking game, I don't see much of a weakness anywhere.

jkm made a comment last weekend that I agree with...this may be the best set of DE's Stoops has ever had. Which I think makes up for the lack of a standout DT. Also, probably why the gameplan last week was to play a three man front. The staff has a lot of confidence in these DEs, as they should.

7. OUNASH

OUNASH New Member

Greatest Team in my opinion is the 1974 National Champ Team great on both sides of the ball. I was at the Utah State game that year and we scored 42 points in the first qtr. never seen it since and probably never wil again. Steve Davis and Joe Washington on Offense and the GREAT Selmon Brothers on defense. I think this team ahs alot of heart and I hope we can bring it home.

8. SoonerNomad

SoonerNomad New Member

The best OU team since 1988 basaed on how they played and competed is the 2000 team, followed by 2003, 2008, and 2004.

the Best based on talent and potential would go 2003, 2008, 2004, 2000, 2002, 2001.

IMHO

9. SoonerNomad

SoonerNomad New Member

As an addition, what exactly has this team accomplished that would even prompt someone to say this team is the best since 1988. The win over FSU was great, but it was followed by FSU giving up tons of points and losing the next week and by the Sooners giving up 500+ and reverting to giving up too many plays. Was the OP basing this assertion on the potential or the hype? Certainly not enough has happened on the field yet to warrant even comparing this team with 2003, 2004 or 2008 and certainly not 2000.

10. OUmillenium

OUmillenium New Member

This...

Plus - Hybl had similar tunnel vision to what LJ has. Both limited mobility with strong arms. Neither that great in checking off the 1st option. Both apt to make more than 1 "terrible" throws in a game. Experienced QBs in a passing system should not make "terrible" throws/reads as a JR or SR. If they are still doing that, then they don't have "it". Good QBs but not great.

Hybl never lost to Uterus but lost to lOSUr twice.

11. En_Fuego

En_Fuego New Member

Nah...Just a Natty Lite

12. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I agree it's still early, but there is a lot of talent on this team, and they have shown they can be dominating on offense and defense, but I'll reserve "the greatest ever" title, until I see more.

I don't think you can judge FSU based on what happened to them last Saturday. Clemson is a good team, and an ever better team at home. But, I think the injuries FSU suffered in the OU game hurt them (especially losing their starting QB). I wish they could have won, but I don't think they are any less of a team because they lost a close one with a backup qb.

13. En_Fuego

En_Fuego New Member

I'm going with these guys

[youtube]a0CHjahWtxU[/youtube]

14. oumartin

oumartin New Member

My gosh look how young Bob and Brent look. If you think about it. Bob was only 10 years older than Weinke

15. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

ttt

Too soon?

16. soonercastor

soonercastor New Member

17. SoonerKnight

SoonerKnight Well-Known Member

YES!!!