1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is OU's best team since 1988...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Soonerus, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Soonerus

Soonerus SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Gawd...oumartin is doing meth again...

2. oumartin

oumartin New Member

i never stopped.. shows what you know

Soonerus likes this.
  3. Soonerus

I guess I was in the Nile...

4. Lott's Bandana

Lott's Bandana SoonerFans.com Elite Member

'78, '88, '08

We do pretty well on the "8"s. Like the Weather Channel...

5. JMO, I don't think we're even as good as 04. CFB is down as a whole this year IMFO...

6. Soonerus

I still think 78 was the best OU team ever !!!

7. agoo758

agoo758 New Member

See 98'. :mad:

8. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner New Member

Just call me nobody then, because I agree wholeheartedly w/ you.

9. Iam4OUru

Iam4OUru New Member

Wasn't '04 the one they said "couldn't be beat"? "The best ever"? Or, was that '08? Or, both?

10. Soonerus

Come on, Hybl worst QB of the Stoops era, maybe Blake era too....

11. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

Seriously? He won and was MVP of the Rose Bowl. He won a Big XII Championship, and he never lost a bowl game. How many Blake era QB's did that? Sometimes I'm astounded by how dense you can be at times.

12. btb916

btb916 New Member

LOL.

I love it when people say, "He's good, but he can't win a title."

Sam Bradford couldn't win a title. Neither could Jason White.

Instead it took a kid from way up north with a bum arm and a damn good defense.

Landry Jones is a killer in big moments now. I have the utmost confidence that, even if he makes a bad decision or two, when it counts -- he will throw a touchdown to Kenny Stills.

13. btb916

btb916 New Member

This makes me laugh at your earlier statement even more.

Did Bradford win a bowl game? No. Has Landry lost a bowl game? No.

How can you criticize Landry in one breath, and then come back and laud Hybl? It makes no sense because they are the same in one sense -- they follow a loved QB -- and similar in many others (undefeated in bowls, won BCS bowl, hated by a chunk of the fan base).

14. SicEmBaylor

You have a fair point.

15. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I see rus continues to harbor his irrational dislike for Hybl even after all these years. Worse than the Blake QBs? LOL.

16. btb916

btb916 New Member

I think so.

Landry is a solid QB and he has matured a great deal before our eyes. I think he would have been much more "loved" by the fan base if he was not forced to step into an before he was really ready. Some people remember that 2009 game against Nebraska so vividly they can't see the here and now. At least that's my take on it.

P.S. I'm happy that Baylor is having a couple of good years. Great to see fans of teams that are historically weak get some time to shine. (Except for OSU fans, of course ;))

17. SicEmBaylor

I just want to get back to where we were in SWC. We do that and I'll be one extremely happy Bear.

18. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Landry hasn't looked good thus far. He didn't play well at the start of his first two seasons either, though, and he ended up playing much better as the year progressed.

19. BigTip

BigTip Well-Known Member

I think the knock on Mr Jones is that he is not much of a scrambler. He has rushed for a total of 3 yards this year. So perhaps the perception is that he's not a "do anything I have to to get the job done" kind of quarterback.

But I don't know if that is valid either. Sam didn't exactly set any rushing records himself.

20. SicEmBaylor

Neither did Jason White...at least post-knee injury.