1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obama Gave US Drone to Iranians

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by Whet, Dec 11, 2011.

1. BetterSoonerThanLater

BetterSoonerThanLater SoonerFans.com Elite Member

you sir, are an idiot. by the way, if you ever have the opportunity to visit with some of our special forces operators, i encourage you to try to talk to them in person the way you talk on this board. you might find me and my buddies down here in oceanside a bit more optimistic about mission specifics and their outcomes :)

semper fi

2. oudavid1

oudavid1 @DavidLeake

So because you say it will work the entire country is supposed to trust in you with a matter more delicate than most?
    We have a commander, and a chief. He is our leader. He made the decision. I trust in him. Not someone I've never heard of.
    Also, try not calling someone an idiot as you begin to make your point, its rude and tasteless as well as unwarranted.

3. BetterSoonerThanLater

ok David, i know you're young and ambitious--to a fault--so i'm not going to blast ya out.

to say that every act of foreign policy that BHO has implemented has worked pitch perfect is idiotic--thus my comment

secondly, my post wasn't directed to you. and you need not for one second try to lecture me on who my commander in chief is. i'm pretty sure that title means more to me than it does to you. i don't care who the president is, i always respect the office--although sometimes there is disagreement with the man. however, my morals and committment to my country is not something that you get to question. having been in the service of this country since you were in elementary school, i doubt you have any real comprehension of what i mean.

as for being distasteful and unwarrented...maybe you should go back and read the man's posts. i never questioned the decision to not send SOG to destroy the done. i simply stated that i had more faith that, had the order to destroy the drone been given, it would have been successful. i'm entitled to that confidence, as i have faith in myself and the men around me.

i know you get a hard time on this board david..some of it warranted, and sometimes not,. however, you bring alot of it on yourself. to question my post with absolutely no knowledge of who i am or what i do, is foolish. like you said, you don't have to trust me over our CiC. I never asked you to trust me, and i wouldn't expect you to, because you have no idea what really goes on in my world. but until you have walked in my shoes, you do not have the right to try to talk to me as though you have some vast world experince. you can live your life talking x's and o's with your buddies. i'll reserve my confidence in my abilities and my commitment to my country to myself.

good luck in your quest to be a football coach one day. hopefully you aren't as much of a primmadonna in the real world as you are on the message board.

semper fi.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
    Turd_Ferguson likes this.
  4. oudavid1

oudavid1 @DavidLeake

5. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

I'm the Chief... Where is the Commander?

6. OULenexaman

OULenexaman New Member

I'm the Commander... so who is the leader??

7. diverdog

diverdog New Member

LOL

I went my Freshman year then transferred to OU. I wanted to fly helicopters in the Army or Marines. One of the ROTC units at OU said they had a slot and then they saw how skinny I was they turned me down. The recruiter was upset because I got through the worst hazing you can imagine and still did well. I was never a good fighter but I could take a bigger beating than Rocky and still keep going. My TAC officer at the Citadel tried to beef me up and get me to Ranger training. He thought I could make it if I met the minimum weight standards. At the time I was 6'2" and 128 pounds. God is funny because I am now 213 pounds.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  8. ictsooner7

ictsooner7 New Member

No, you are the idiot here. Do you really think Iran is going to ignore the US violating their sovereignty? Just how badly do you want to go to war with Iran? Whose taxes do you want to raise to go to war with Iran? Whose kids do you want to send over there? For a DRONE.

Mississippi Sooner likes this.
  9. diverdog

diverdog New Member

Better:

I am reading now that they may have been able to jam the gps and forced the drone to land. If this true the Iranians may have already had the drone. I do not think for a moment the President did not think this through. He has made some gutsy calls and has done a good job on being a war time president. I think the draw backs were to many for us to go in. There is a good article in Wired magazine that this is not as huge an intell coup as once was thought. It will take years to reverse engineer this drone and by then we will have something better.

10. BetterSoonerThanLater

haha you're funny! talk about taking your argument to the Nth degree. simply put, i said that i would have confidence in our SF's to complete a mission. i'm not a politician, I don't declare war, nor do i institute policy. as far as sending kids to war....read my post, and think about who you are talking to...pretty sure i'm not a kid :)
    finally, relax a bit. i think you're too high strung.

personally, i could give a **** whether we went in to destroy the thing or not. BUt as far as invading their sovereignty, i'd consider it " recovering stolen property" :) Fact is, the tech for that drone was developed over 10-15 years ago. ****'em. if they are that interested in old tech, so be it. moving on.

Go have a beer and enjoy your Holidays.

11. ictsooner7

ictsooner7 New Member

WOW try to stick to a position, first you complain that the President did nothing then when it is pointed out that your "solution" would probably lead to war suddenly its 15 yr old technology that they can have. Which one is it? I NEVER said we couldn't accomplish it, I said what IF we didn’t? I have all the faith too in our military, especially when Obama is making the decisions about when and where.

BTW - they say on here that your in the military if you are - thank you for serving our country.

Mississippi Sooner likes this.
  12. oudavid1

oudavid1 @DavidLeake

I stop reading.

CAN WE ALL JUST BE NICE!

13. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

We were already "violating their sovereignty".. Multiple news sources state that we are flying drones in Iran airspace.

Leon Panetta said that we would keep flying drones inside Iran even after the drone was captured.

You have already stated that you think Obama has been "pitch perfect" on foreign policy and we now know Obama has been violating Iran's sovereignty routinely for some time. And since you have also stated that " I have all the faith too in our military, especially when Obama is making the decisions about when and where." you obviously trust his decision making skills.

So...

A: You must now feel that Obama's decision to risk war with Iran by continually violating their sovereignty is the right one even when the whole world now knows about it which increases the risk. Or B, Obama has not been "pitch perfect" for quite some time, but you are just now finding out.

I will go with "B" which has to hurt the pride a little, because I can't imagine you trying to defend A. Although it would be fun to read.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  14. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

DD,

they were able to capture this drone intact because they got their hands on older drones and reversed engineered them. Obviously, "by then we will have something better" didn't quite work out and we lost a highly classified drone.

15. diverdog

diverdog New Member

When did they capture other drones? I had not heard about that.

16. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Midd...-Iran-hijacked-US-drone-says-Iranian-engineer