1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If push comes to stab: Wilson or Heupel?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by oudavid1, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Leroy Lizard

Leroy Lizard SoonerFans.com Elite Member

But he did stay at the Holiday Inn.

Collier11 likes this.
  2. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It's more than you can say.

3. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

probably cleans the bathrooms at one

4. Collier11

Do you really want to go there because we can if you like

5. Eielson

Do it.

6. Collier11

LOL, I see you started replying and then logged off, im sorry if I embarrassed you. Ill take it all down.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  7. Collier11

The great thing is, even with all of that I know that there are several better athletes on this board than myself, just not you

8. Collier11

OH yea, im a professional cat wrangler as well

9. Eielson

Like I said, I started in baseball, basketball, and football while in high school. I medaled in the shot put and finished 4th in the discus while in middle school, but couldn't do track and baseball at the same time in high school. I even played soccer until third grade and was good at it, but my parents told me I couldn't play 4 sports at one time. I'm not going to go deep into detail about how great I think I am for more than one reason. One of course being that this it the internet, and if you or I wanted to, we could just make everything up, so it really wouldn't mean anything. The second, and more important, reason is that there are coaches at three of the best high school sports programs in Oklahoma who believe I'm a good athlete. If they believe it, I honestly don't care what you think. I doubt you played high school ball at 6A either. Am I wrong?

10. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

I'm not gonna read this entire thread, but I'll answer: I'd much prefer to keep Josh. Of course some of you might be aware I'm not much of a KW fan to start with.

11. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

Ok, I did read the entire thread...

...and you're all a bunch of dumases. :D

....well, except for that one guy I gave SPEK to -- Sooner-N-KS I think it was. He pretty much agrees with me so that means he's smart. ;)

Sooner-N-KS likes this.
  12. AlbqSooner

AlbqSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The older I get, the better I was.:D

olevetonahill likes this.
  13. IronHorseSooner

IronHorseSooner New Member

Eielson started to expound on this:

Sam: Rams
    Gresh: Bengals
    Iggy: Bears
    Manny: Cowboys
    Brody: Colts
    Big Phil: Vikings
    Duke: Panthers
    Coop: Vikings
    T-Will: Redskins

As well, DM and Broyles are likely shoo-ins for the NFL. That would be three receivers, two TEs, four OL, QB, and one RB. Heck, Brandon Walker was in the Texans' camp before he did some stupid stuff. I can't name many other teams out there that had that much talent on one offense at any time.

On that note, BV had about the same level of talent on D:

GK: Bucs
    Clayton: Eagles
    Dom: Falcons
    Holmes: Redskins
    Harris: Bills

As well, Beal, T. Lewis, Taylor (if he can stay healthy), Alexander, and QC are excellent candidates for the NFL. That would be 6 out of his front seven, as well as 4 DBs.

There was a conversation down here on one of the local sports stations as to the talent level in that MNC game with FLA, and how it might have been the best. Almost that entire FLA defense is in the NFL, or soon will be.

14. Spray

Spray Well-Known Member

Miami, 2001

Blue likes this.
  15. Sooner-N-KS

Sooner-N-KS New Member

Can you name one game where KW made adjustments during the game and came from behind to win against a tough team?

Didn't think so.

16. bonkuba

bonkuba Active Member

I really don't want to lose Josh......but the experience is needed.

I read some of this thread and thought I was in high school. I would just say stop talking about how tough you are and just meet, fight....and stfu. :D

17. Leroy Lizard

Leroy Lizard SoonerFans.com Elite Member

There haven't been that many opportunities. OU doesn't lose that many games, and there have been fewer games in which it was behind at halftime. And you have to consider defense as well -- KW only coaches a third of the team.

We got way behind at Boise St. and came back to tie it. The fact that we lost was due to a lot of things, and I don't KW was one of them.

I think the effectiveness of in-game adjustments are vastly overrated by fans. Sure, you can make some minor changes, but the defense is perfectly free to adjust in kind. And a good D can dial in on anything you are trying to do.

18. Sooner-N-KS

Sooner-N-KS New Member

That really goes to prove my point. KW is great when he has great players playing against a less talented defense.

He's been the OC for 4 seasons now. He has had several opportunities against tough opponents, but he has only won once against Texas in 2007 I believe.

How many chances do you want to give him to win a big game before you can see that he stinks when he faces adversity?

I do give him credit with how he finished the season last year, but my opinion of him is heavily tainted by how he started last year and his big game performances. It will take more than 2 great games against the aggies and Stanford to impress me.

Eielson likes this.
  19. MR2-Sooner86

MR2-Sooner86 Well-Known Member

2009 - Injuries, injuries, injuries

2008 - In the NC game, yes, I thought he called some bad ones. However, 35 points was more than enough to beat Texas. That one was on the defense.

2007 - How close were we to beating Tech with a backup QB? The whole team was off for Colorado and when we played WV I remember many players already had bolted to the NFL.

2006 - Oregon we all know. Texas? Yeah I remember they still had much of their championship defense. Boise? Was it the offense or defense that allowed Boise to come back after we took the lead? Hmmmm...

20. TahoeSOONER

TahoeSOONER New Member

I still don't know why a QB sneak wasn't called when you have two downs from the one in a NC game.