1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If push comes to stab: Wilson or Heupel?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by oudavid1, Jul 16, 2010.

1. RedstickSooner

RedstickSooner New Member

2009 has to be one of the most frustrating seasons ever. While I'm glad a lot of folks are cool with Wilson now, I think we should all get a pass for anyone we dogged on during the previous year. When so much goes so wrong, I think you're entitled to spreading around some blame.

There's only so many times you can blame it on that gypsy Stoops ran over last July. Pretty sure her curse should've run out once Gresham and Sam went down.

2. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

"Held UT to 33 points"

Why does that make me laugh? :rolleyes: :D

3. Leroy Lizard

Leroy Lizard SoonerFans.com Elite Member

In comparison to 65 points? Yeah, that's holding them.

4. Curly Bill

If you say so. :rolleyes:

5. Leroy Lizard

We scored 35 on them. So if you think 33 is a lot, you proved my point.

6. Curly Bill

If you say so. :rolleyes:

7. Leroy Lizard

Well, is 33 points a lot? Yes or no?

8. Curly Bill

Depends on lots of factors. It's not just a cut and dried issue like I know you suppose you're going to make it here.

9. Leroy Lizard

But you wrote:

I don't see any concern for all these factors in your mocking rebuttal.

So on one hand, you claim that whether or not 33 points is a lot comes down to a lot of factors. On the other hand, you mocked my statement that holding a team to 33 points was pretty good.

10. gaylordfan1

gaylordfan1 New Member

So i guess you got my point that the OC called the right play.... a play that would have put points on the board if the players would have carried out their assignments? I can see you arguing a 20 something yard pass that would have scored if the DB didn't knock it down. But to have a play on the one yard line with a totally blown blocking assignment is another thing. I was just proving the fact that it isn't always what the coach calls.... how your players execute that play is just as important. Your a smart man Leroy, so I will just take for granted that you already knew what I was getting at. ;)

11. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Explain why OU had one of it's ugliest offensive performances ever this year against Nebraska. Oh, and don't give any reasoning for it or I'll call it a "****ing excuse." :rolleyes:

12. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If you dont know the answer to that without asking Leroy then you are more clueless than previously thought

13. Leroy Lizard

Yes, I was being sarcastic.

And yes, I'm smart.

14. Leroy Lizard

My argument all along has been that no team can be expected to blow out every opponent. So the Nebraska game does not contradict anything I have stated. I find it ludicrous, in fact, to point to individual games as proof of anything. Yet, that is what the KW detractors do.

It's worse than that: They point to individual PLAYS. WTF?

15. gaylordfan1

gaylordfan1 New Member

Leroy=smart! Its that simple. ;)

16. Sooner-N-KS

Sooner-N-KS New Member

We're not talking about games as a whole here. We're talking about their defenses. Tech and Mizzou didn't have great defenses like Florida and Texas. So KW does get credit for once again beating up on lesser talented defenses with his superior talent on offense.

When do we see him coaching his guys to play above their own abilities? That's what good coaches do.............like Josh did with Paul Thompson.

Curly Bill likes this.
  17. Sooner-N-KS

Sooner-N-KS New Member

I don't dog KW for anything related to injuries other than him failing to make blocking scheme adjustments and getting Sam hurt. His actions in the BYU game had nothing to do with injuries.

18. Sooner-N-KS

Sooner-N-KS New Member

For everyone defending play calling, does anyone think it was smart to call a running play on 3rd & 6 to Matt Clapp in a very close game?

19. IronHorseSooner

IronHorseSooner New Member

He does need to get rid of the smoke draw into the guards' hind quarters.

20. Leroy Lizard

Crap, you just got done telling us we weren't talking about individual games, but we're going to isolate individual plays?

Can we offer plays that did work in rebuttal? Or is this only one way?

What's the point? If we offer an example, you will just credit the position coach.

Want proof? Paul Thompson. He did a great job. So... you credit Josh, not KW.