1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If push comes to stab: Wilson or Heupel?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by oudavid1, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Sooner-N-KS

Sooner-N-KS New Member

Where did I say we weren't talking about individual games? I did say we weren't talking about games as a whole.......as in OU's defense vs. opponents offense. That has nothing to do with KW. We're talking about KW facing up against big time defenses. You claimed that 35 should have been enough to beat Texas. Yup, Venables blew that one by not having a MLB replacement ready. But KW couldn't get the offense to do anything in the 4th quarter when it counted.

Well, maybe you can enlighten us on what KW did as a coach to get Thompson to play the way he did. I would love to hear from anyone that would want to take credit away from Josh and give it to KW.

2. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Wait a minute. Weren't you just using the Texas Tech game to show how good of a coach Wilson was? I can't counter your single games with another single game? Is this like how I can't give reasoning for why you're wrong otherwise you'll start screaming that it's an excuse? I should've ended this conversation when you were using a performance against Tech's defense to show how great an offensive coordinator was. That's as close to conceding as it gets. Now that it's clear I don't have the same rights as you in this argument, I'll end it now. No matter how annoying your arguing tactics were, I thank you for at least staying on topic, and staying away from personal attacks (not naming names...).

3. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You messed up your entire argument when you tried to compare head coaching success to off coord success.

And that last little line you threw in there, hoping for even more attention, get over it. Dont act like a mega doosh and we wont consider you a mega doosh, simple

Also, can you post a pic of your middle school track medals? That would make my day :D

4. CrimsonJim

CrimsonJim Well-Known Member

You guys need to go get a room...

5. Collier11

I do think they love each other

6. CrimsonJim

CrimsonJim Well-Known Member

I would certainly appear so.

7. JRAM

JRAM New Member

KEVIN WILSON. Hueple needs a number of years of maturation before he will be ready for a coordinator job. He is a good kid, but that is it, he is a kid.

8. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

I point to a conglomeration of his games. I just don't think KW is all that smart on the fly. Come up with a decent game plan going in? Sure, as long as we have the other team beat in talent by a lopsided margin. Adjust on the fly if needed, or beat a team with similiar talent? Yeah, not so much.

9. Curly Bill

....but dude, that's bread and butter Big-10 football. ;)

10. Collier11

See, the problem with you saying this is that I can show you a ton of instances where you are wrong. Id be happy to if ya want me to buddy :D

11. Curly Bill

If you do show me that, and I don't think you can, then you're admitting our talent is not above most other peeps. So, what do you want: support KW as some allsome OC, or show that our players are just about like everyone elses?

Support our players, or support the OC - you pick one and go for it. ;)

12. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just felt like reviewing 3 of the top 4 picks of this year's draft in case somebody brought up talent.

13. Leroy Lizard

Leroy Lizard SoonerFans.com Elite Member

No, you filter out any games for which he was successful and focus on the other few. This conglomeration of games of which you speak is conveniently chosen. The others are rationalized away. ("Well, that games doesn't count because...")

For example, 2008. Guess which games in 2008 go into your analysis file, and which ones are conveniently ignored?

And you still haven't explained your way out of the "35 points, is that a lot?" hole.

14. Leroy Lizard

I was using the same logic as a KW detractor to demonstrate the absurdity of the logic. Under no circumstances do I think that the worth of a coach depends on a few isolated games (or even worse, plays).

He has had tremendous success. His offense set the NCAA record for scoring. He was voted Assistant Coach of the Year by his fellow assistant coaches. And we're going to throw all that out because he didn't call the plays YOU thought he should have, or his teams struggled in a few games.

Who knows more about what it takes to be a top offensive coordinator than fellow offensive coordinators? No one.

Fans of other teams must think we're psycho for even questioning KW's abilities.

15. Curly Bill

I don't know what to tell ya Leroid, I haven't singled out any particular games. Figure out what you're arguing, or maybe who you're arguing with and try again.

16. Collier11

Well 1st, you can support both...why would you ever feel that you can only support one or the other? 2nd, I dont think KW is the top off coord in the game but I do think he is EASILY a top 10 off coord.

17. Curly Bill

I guess you're gonna have to show me then all those games KW has won where the other team had similiar talent as ours. It shouldn't take long to finish that list. ;)

18. Collier11

Well, you cant really say KW "won" the games, I will break it down into games where the offense performed well against like or better talent

In 09- This is a tough one to figure cus of all the injuries but the way I see it, here ya go

Stanford
    Osu
    @Kansas
    A&M

08-

Florida- If our players dont screw up, we go into halftime up 17 or 21 to 7, I think that in itself shows that his game plan was adequate.
    Tcu
    Texas
    Tech
    Missouri
    Osu

07-
    Texas
    Mizzou twice

Now I will list the games against like talent or better talent that I feel like the offense underperformed

09-
    Tex
    Neb
    Tech

08-
    None

07-
    Colorado
    West Virginia- Although we had a ton of injuries

By my count that is 12-5 in favor of KW.

Now, what say you? If you have games that arent on the underperformed list that you thought we did, let me know and ill explain why I didnt include them on the list

19. Leroy Lizard

You still haven't responded to the 35-point argument, and you're not gonna'.

20. oudavid1

oudavid1 @DavidLeake

No offense, but i want Wins not draft picks