1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

End of the BIG XII - THREAD FOR ALL REALIGNMENT DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Ruf/Nek7, Aug 9, 2011.

1. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Re: End of the BIG XII

So we'll only have to endure these "Rumors" until they screw the conference out of their Money halfway into the Season and we can put this **** to bed until they decide to say something in October.

2. IndySooner

IndySooner New Member

That's also why they're filing a grievance first. They want to show cause.

As for OU, everything I'm hearing has OU talking to the Pac 10 and the Big 10. Both options would include OSU and two other teams. I think the Big 10 is a LONGSHOT because I've heard ISU mentioned in that discussion, and there's ZERO chance that Iowa would let that happen. I also don't think OSU fits the academic profile of the Big 10, and frankly, OU is borderline.

3. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

OU is heading in the right direction academically, so I think the Big Ten would consider that, whereas another school that they just took, Nebraska, was clearly headed in the wrong direction, yet they took em anyway.

And they also were ready to take Notre Dame, so AACU membership or whatever it is isn't a prerequisite.

4. usaosooner

usaosooner New Member

OU,OSU,Tech,KU or Houston to the Pac12.. Calling my shot

5. SoonerPride

SoonerPride Collector Emeritus

Oh how I wish this were true.

6. 3rdgensooner

3rdgensooner What?

I hate the idea of moving to the SEC.

waynepayne likes this.
  7. SoonerPride

SoonerPride Collector Emeritus

+1

8. thecrimsoncrusader

thecrimsoncrusader New Member

There isn't a more delusional or lacking credibility fan base in all of college football than Texas A&M fans. OK, wait, there is one, but only one.

9. soonervegas

soonervegas New Member

Here is my best guess:

SEC - A&M
    Pac - 12 - OU/OSU/Mizzou/Kansas?
    Indy - Texas

Or Beebe convinces Joe C. that losing texas A&M is no biggie,that we are actually stronger as a 9 team conference, and that being next to the warm embrace of Texas is better than actually having balls.

Tear Down This Wall likes this.
  10. MeMyself&Me

MeMyself&Me New Member

Actually, I don't think Texas wants to be indy in a superconference environment and if it's hand is forced, it may be that fourth team going to the Pac 16 and they'll have to make all kinds of concessions for the LHN/ESPN deal or give it up. In fact, I can see the Pac offering just three schools and waiting on Texas to decide.

11. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

If we could get some regional teams into the Pac conference (number to be determined), I'd be more open to it, but as it is now, we'd be doing tons of west coast traveling. It might be quite a burden for our budgets, which are not exactly overflowing with money in these harsh economic times.

And yeah, I know we're better off than most, but that doesn't mean we should just throw money away.

A lot of what I'm reading is that UT and ESPN are trying to force the second Big 12 game and the high school broadcast thing, and this is the final straw for Tech and A&M.

This stupid network will be the death of the Big 12. That and that loser Beebe.

12. usaosooner

usaosooner New Member

@dallasshipp
    Dallas Shipp
    radio stations in alabama, Kentucky and Mississippi are all reporting A&M to SEC is done deal and will begin in 2012. #gigem

13. prrriiide

prrriiide New Member

I want SEC. Of course my reasons are selfish.I'd love to see the Sooners at Neyland on a semi-regular basis.

14. delhalew

delhalew SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The smell of pacthouli makes me want to vomit.

15. mgsooner

mgsooner New Member

Who the hell is "Dallas Shipp"?

16. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

**** the Pac-12. I don't want to play USC and Oregon every year. Bob doesn't want to play Mike every year either.

**** the Pac-12.

And why can't we jettison OSU like Iowa did to ISU?

ouduckhunter likes this.
  17. Gandalf_The_Grey

Gandalf_The_Grey SoonerFans.com Elite Member

OUDavid's little brother?

18. sooner59

sooner59 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Kinda what I was wondering.

19. Gandalf_The_Grey

Gandalf_The_Grey SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If it was said on Twitter...it is a cold hard fact..deal with it...

20. IndySooner

IndySooner New Member

Iowa and ISU were never tied together. And, if Iowa has its way, they never will be.