1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

End of the BIG XII - THREAD FOR ALL REALIGNMENT DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Ruf/Nek7, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Ruf/Nek7

Ruf/Nek7 New Member

Just got word that representatives from a&m meeting with SEC today to work out a deal and as soon as one is reached, they are gone. The same person that told me this was going down said that OU, currently, would not be going to SEC but instead would go to PAC-12 with a couple of other teams.

Right now this is from a source within the aggie football program. Nothing will be posted on or revealed until they and the SEC have a deal.

2. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Re: End of the BIG XII

No surprise here.

3. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

i'd rather move to the SEC than the PAC-12

ouflak likes this.
  4. EatLeadCommie

EatLeadCommie New Member

The Pac 12 made some sense before. It doesn't make much sense now.

5. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Just peeked at TexAgs and they appear to have the same sources... but then again, this is what they've all hoped and prayed for so it might just be some wishful thinking.

This is really sad for the little guys of the Big 12. Where exactly will they go? I know that we have to think about OU interests first and foremost because nobody else will if we don't, but we had some solid little guy programs here that needed us all to make this work :(

6. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I have vain hope we will jettison OSU.

7. MeMyself&Me

MeMyself&Me New Member

The Pac 16 stills makes sense as long as some local teams go too to make an eastern Pac division.

That said, I went over and looked around at Texaggs when I got word that the LHN contract was available to view via a ling on that sight. I saw mention of something happening today with aTm and the SEC but I also gathered from looking around that that rumor seems to repeat itself every couple of weeks over there. Doesn't mean it's not true, just don't have a lot of faith in it until I see some smoke coming out of other program's camps.

8. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The little sisters of the poor conference?

9. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

I remember when it was just the Big 8 and A&M wasn't there.

I understand that someone thinks that their School might leave the Conference they are in....when they start talking about what other Schools will do....They start to lose their credibility quick IMO.

Nothing really Changes at OU as long as we recruit well. Other Teams have to beat us on the Scoreboard. I do think that the weaker the Conference the less chance you have of slicking into the BCS MNC like we have but as long as you schedule decent teams and win....you can still get there.

10. yankee

yankee New Member

Probably a bunch of BS.

ouflak likes this.
  11. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

yup.

12. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Kansas is the most interesting of the 'others'. BS football program, but perennial powerhouse in hoops...and a decentish media market, academics. They have a story to sell. KSU? ISU? Not so much.

13. Ruf/Nek7

Ruf/Nek7 New Member

Well here is the thing....have there been a lot of departure rumors from the ags? Yes. But the reason why is because they are taking this literally small step by small step. We all know aggies lack critical thinking skills. Anyway, it started with the AD and President, and Board of Regents meeting about their options. Rumor 1. Then a&m has to meet with state representatives because apparently politics are involved with this matter because they don't want to lose their rivalry. Rumor 2. Now this....my point is, there have been a number of rumors but they all mark progress to a departure.

14. Ruf/Nek7

Ruf/Nek7 New Member

As for the "little guys" I could see titty tech going to the mountain west conference since TCU is peacing out to the Big East next year. Baylor, Kansas, K-state, and Iowa state are really just screwed. Baylor could go Conference USA or Sun Belt, while ku, kstate could go big east as well (mainly for bball purposes) while mizzou and iowa st go Big 10?????

15. ouflak

ouflak Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh wow!

Agreed

16. yankee

yankee New Member

I'll believe it when I see it, Rufnek.

17. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

The consensus that history will show is that this was all Texas' fault from the beginning. That and that stupid Longhorn Network.

Rumor at TexAgs now is that ESPN is threatening to not televise any of their games if they don't make their UT-Tech game a LHN game.

18. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Let em go. I still won't give a crap when they are gone. I mean....are we supposed to care? Are we supposed to start a letter writing campaign begging them to stay?

Until the University there has the balls to announce they are shopping around it just doesn't make any difference to me as a fan. They are on the Schedule and we have a game to play against them November 5th in Norman. That's about all I care about is watching our guys run them over with the Schooner.

19. mgsooner

mgsooner New Member

[​IMG]

20. Ruf/Nek7

Ruf/Nek7 New Member

Well according to BIG XII bylaws, schools can be "charged" depending on how or when they announce they are leaving. When i say charged, I of course mean the conference will with hold money due to a program. For example if a team announces anywhere up to 6 months in advance forfeits 50% of their earnings. If you announce within 2 months or less (Nebraska) you forfeit 90% of what was due to your program. I think a&m is trying to stay quiet about this for that reason alone.