1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

End of the BIG XII - THREAD FOR ALL REALIGNMENT DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Ruf/Nek7, Aug 9, 2011.

1. delhalew

delhalew SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Re: End of the BIG XII

2. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

aggies will never win more than 8 games, if SEC

3. soonerhubs

soonerhubs SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Anyone with a link yet?

4. OU GENO

OU GENO New Member

Would not like to go to lsu and hear tiger bait!

5. IndySooner

IndySooner New Member

Everything I find is paid content on Aggie sites. Lots of tweets. That's all. The newest info from the Aggie sites say that Texas and ESPN are putting pressure on Tech to show the game on the LHN (via telling them that the ESPN networks won't put it on without it being on the LHN) and that has Tech openly looking at its options.

6. MI Sooner

MI Sooner New Member

I love that you'll hear lots of complaints (not just from OU fans, other fanbases as well), about how the SEC dominance is illusory, but then as soon as one of their conference-mates is rumored to go to the SEC, the course of "Good luck, you'll never win there!" begins.

Probably not the same people, just people on the same boards.

King Barry's Back likes this.
  7. northspeter

northspeter New Member

at least according to twitter updates, a&m officals are denying all rumors....

8. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I think it depends on the program if they'll win in the SEC or not. A good determining factor is if they're winning where they are now. The fact of the matter is that Texas A&M has won the Big 12 a grand total of ONE time, and it wasn't even in this decade. Or century. Or millennium :D

9. IndySooner

IndySooner New Member

That's to be expected. I also don't know that this is happening any sooner than, say, June of 2012. That said, I really think that this will all go down, it's just a matter of where we end up and how soon it happens.

10. TMcGee86

TMcGee86 Well-Known Member

11. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

I give a lot of credence to these new rumors since they're coming from so many different sources at different schools. I first heard about it on the Baylor boards from people who are connected with the brass in the athletic department.

If the rumor is trickling down from the Baylor athletic department, the OU athletic department, and the Aggie department then I'm thinking it's probably true.

12. soonerhubs

What'd you eat at the Amish place?

13. IndySooner

IndySooner New Member

Also seems to be some smoke on the SEC side. That's why I have been pretty confident that something's in the works, too. If it was JUST one Aggie site (like Finebaum is making it sound) then I would take it with a MAJOR grain of salt.

Also, the Aggie sites have backed off a bit, which frankly tells me that A&M is in the process of putting other info out to slow down the information leaks.

14. TUSooner

TUSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

At least you'll have Tulane to beat up on! :O :D

15. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

What will actually happen:

SEC: The SEC is proud to announce the addition of a new member school, who was previously in the Big 12 conference.

Aggie: Yes... go on...

SEC: This school has won championships, both conference and national, in football...

Aggie: Yes, technically we have...

SEC: This school brings tradition...

Aggie: Yes!

SEC: A large, nationwide fanbase...

Aggie: YES!

SEC: And identifies with the culture of our respective schools and fanbases.

Aggie: TAKE ME NOW, SEC!

SEC: We are proud to welcome... the University of Oklahoma.

Aggie: :rcmad:

SEC: We have long desired the University of Oklahoma.

Aggie: No.

SEC: We have never sought out another partner school more than the University of Oklahoma.

Aggie: NO.

SEC: And their large presence in the state of Texas and Oklahoma alike is desireable for our continued expansion.

Aggie: ****. ****. ****!!!!!!!! Mobilehoma! Meth heads! Trailer park trash!

16. SicEmBaylor

The roast beef. It's absolutely fantastic. It just sucks that they only serve lunch and close for dinner. I think that place would seriously make a mint off of dinner service.

17. SicEmBaylor

Would OU move without OShi*U?

18. soonerhubs

Good choice. That's my favorite as well. Their pies are also awesome!

19. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think if every deal was dependent on us not having OSU, then we would consider it. We can't sink both universities just because one is an academic cesspool and money pit.

20. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Nope, legislature would never allow it.

I say wherever aTm goes, we go the opposite direction.