1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ultimate Fighter 17

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by reflector, Jan 22, 2013.

1. reflector

reflector Well-Known Member

Dylan vs Luke was a great fight. Dylan got a KO in third round. I would say that was the best fight of the season so far.

2. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

Fists were flying in that first fight b/w Collin and Kelvin. Both landed some big punches but Kelvin caught Collin right on the jaw with that left hook and he went face down to the mat. Ref was about to call it right there but Collin rolled over and looked like he had woken back up, but i think he was still dazed b/c Kelvin just landed a few more direct shots to the face and it was over. Very impressed by Kelvin. Guy is a tank and definitely think he has what it takes to win it all, only problem is there are a lot of talented fighters left.

Was kind of surprised the Luke/Dylan fight went to a 3rd round. I thought Dylan had done enough to win both of the first 2 rounds. Would have really felt bad for the guy if somehow Luke squeezed out the win the 3rd round. Dylan was impressive too though. Was able to take down Luke regularly, had good ground control for the most part, and landed plenty of punches in the stand up. The 3rd round though was just a slugfest. Both guys gassed, but Dylan showed some really impressive boxing and still had good power behind his punches. It took a while to chop down the big tree, but he did it and won with a solid TKO victory.

Pretty surprising to see both guys that were the last picks for each other's teams advance to the semi-finals.

Next week should be great. Really wish it were Uriah facing Josh Samman next week, but Josh wanted Quinlan. Josh better be careful what he asks for, as I'm not really sure he gets past Jimmy Quinlan. Previews for the Bubba/Uriah fight show Bubba doubting himself and Coach Jones looks like he talks to Clint Hester to "Stay Ready". Wonder if it will be a Clint/Uriah fight instead, which I kind of hope for b/c I think Clint deserved the wild card spot over Bubba to begin with.

3. reflector

I am excited for tonight's episode. Hall vs. McDaniel and Samman vs. Quinlan, it should be a good episode.

4. reflector

I was surprised to see Samman stop Quinlan. The result is not too surprising. I just thought it would be a decision either way in that fight.

5. reflector

Uriah Hall is a beast. He made really quick work of Bubba.

6. reflector

The semifinal fights will be Kelvin vs. Josh and Uriah vs. Dylan.

7. achiro

achiro SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yeah like 7 seconds. Dude is pretty scary. I think Dana agreed with Josh on the finale fight, of the 4 remaining fighters you can't pair the two "best" in a semi. I want Josh to get his teeth smashed in though.

8. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

Welp...that happened. Did they ever say what Uriah did to Bubba?

Broken orbital or something?

That was nasty.

Thought Quintana was following his game plan perfectly scoring the takedown, but he gave up his back and it was over.

9. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Josh is a good fighter, I think he can hold his own against Uriah

10. reflector

Kelvin advances to the finale.

11. achiro

So Uriah starts by breaking Andy Enz' arm to get in the house:
    http://fightland.vice.com/blog/andy-enzs-big-break

Then knocks Adam Cella the heck out
    And I was reading today that Bubba has three fractures in his face.
    There are a lot of YouTube vids on him worth checking out.
    Dude is a beast!

12. reflector

Uriah advances to the finale. I think Kelvin is in trouble in the finale.

13. achiro

I won't rule Kelvin out, he's strong on the ground and Uriah has a few weaknesses there. It will probably be Uriah in a quick KO though.

14. Collier11

Dylan is a tough dude, he impressed me. My thought is, where the hell has the world been hiding Uriah Hall? Guy is a stud and if he doesn't slip up in the finale, he will be fighting for a title soon.

15. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

So i was out of town the past couple days and finally got to watch the semi-finals last night. Kelvin just keeps impressing me. Guy is an absolute bull dog. He controlled pretty much that whole fight with Samman, waited for him to slip up and slipped in the rear-naked choke. If there is anyone that can give Uriah trouble, it might be him.

Win or lose the finale the real winner of this season of TUF is Uriah Hall. Dana sees nothing but dollar signs with this guy, and for good reason. The guy is a monster. He just picked apart Dylan in the ring and you really got to see Uriah's strengths as a kickboxer. He is so good at not only mixing up his jabs, power punches, and kicks, but his accuracy is also impressive. Not a lot of missed punches or kicks and you could tell that as Dylan's face rearranged over the course of the fight.

But the end all be all was to actually see Uriah finish Dylan from his back. Not only was he close to locking in that Kimura lock, the flurry of punches from his back to get Dylan to give up was truly amazing. I've never seen that before.

16. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

4 fights, 4 trips to the hospital. Dude is crazy good!

The only way Kelvin contends is getting him to the ground.

17. reflector

Kelvin beat Uriah to win the season. It was a very close fight. It was a split decision.

18. Collier11

Kelvin won by following the old adage of 'how do you beat up a bully'? You do it by punching them in the mouth, Kelvin attacked Uriah from the get go and never let up...it was close still

19. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

Congrats to Kelvin! He needed the win much more than Hall. Hall was going to be in the UFC regardless.

20. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

Not to take anything away from Kelvin, who had a great fight, I just wasn't sure what Uriah's thought process was. He seemed like a different fighter altogether than what he had showed during the season. He didn't really show much of that great kick boxing skill that he was so dominant with during his last fight with Dylan.

I don't know if he was fearful of the take down attempt so he didn't attack like I had become accustomed to seeing him do. Or maybe he knew it was at least a 3 round fight and wanted to conserve some energy. I thought the fight was still close enough to warrant a 4th round, but like they always say, don't leave it in the hands of the judges. Congrats to Kelvin on one hell of a season. Last pick on his team to season champion is really impressive. One tough dude.