1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ultimate Fighter 17

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by reflector, Jan 22, 2013.

1. reflector

reflector Well-Known Member

The greatest reality show on television returns tonight. It will be on Tuesday nights this season. This season is Middleweights. The coaches this season are Chael Sonnen and Jon Jones. I don't think a fight between these two will be very competitive, but there probably will be good drama this season. It should be a good season.

[video=youtube;17ardCjGbuA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17ardCjGbuA[/video]

2. reflector

Here is another preview.

[video=youtube;Q6jnZnlF0RE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6jnZnlF0RE[/video]

3. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

Some pretty impressive fights to get into the house. Like that they had the friends/family there to provide some actual crowd noise. Real nice mix of fighters too. Can't believe some of those guys are actually able to cut weight down to 185. Looks like a lot of them probably walk around closer to 210.

Thought Uriah Hall looked really impressive. Andy gave him one hell of a fight, but Uriah seems like a really well rounded fighter.

4. reflector

I thought the fights were very good on last night's episode. I think they got some really good guys for this season.

Team Jones

Dylan Andrews
    Adam Celia
    Collin Hart
    Ciint Hester
    Robert McDaniel
    Josh Samman
    Gilbert Smith

Team Sonnen

Luke Barnatt
    Kevin Casey
    Zak Cummings
    Kelvin Gastelum
    Uriah Hall
    Jimmy Quinlan
    Tor Troeng

The teams will probably change over the season. I think Sonnen got the better team on paper. I don't know anything. It is just my guess that Sonnen picked the stronger team right now. I think they got a really solid cast for this season.

5. achiro

achiro SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yeah, Uriah is a heck of a fighter. Really quick and as accurate with his feet as about anyone I've seen.

6. reflector

Barnatt got a nice KO on tonight's episode. It seemed like Gilbert was beat before the fight began. He was really nervous before the fight.

7. SoonerInFortSmith

SoonerInFortSmith New Member

What's your bet on who gets violently knocked out next week?

8. reflector

I believe Adam fights Uriah next week. I believe that is what was said. I think Uriah will win. That is my guess.

9. SoonerInFortSmith

On the previews from next week Dana White says it ends in one of the most violent knockouts he has ever seen. Of course they purposely hide who wins.

10. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

didn't really think Gilbert had a bad fight or was completely outclassed, just got caught in a bad spot with a devastating knee. Thought Barnatt would have done better honestly.

11. achiro

I'll be surprised if Uriah loses. He's the kind of fighter that could deliver a huge KO with his speed and accuracy, not sure the other fighter showed that much but a lucky strike as e other fighter is coming in can always ad extra devastation to the impact.
    Another "clue" could be that Uriah is in a commercial( for an energy drink I think) that they ran during the show. Not sure he would have been asked to be in an ad if he loses in the 2nd week at the house.

12. achiro

If Gilbert had any confidence going into the fight he may have had a chance, especially with Barnatt fighting so poorly. His team did him no favors with their lack of support. They seem to be a group of *********s.

13. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

This group of fighters seem older and more mature than other years casts.

14. reflector

From the previews, it looks like tonight's episode could be very interesting.

15. reflector

That was a vicious kick that Uriah landed.

16. achiro

Ho-lee crap what a kick!

17. SoonerInFortSmith

Looked like he kicked dude straight into a seizure.

18. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

Devastating spinning kick right to the temple that knocked him unconscious. Pretty disturbing to watch him there afterwards. Uriah was sticking some pretty stiff jabs the last 30 seconds of the round, and I don't know if that sort of stunned Cella, because I was thinking, something didn't look right with his stance just before the kick. His hips were forward and he had dropped his right hand a bit with the elbow tucked in. Uriah sort of mentions that in the video.

Actually surprised this didn't end in a KO earlier in the round. Uriah caught a couple of Cella's kicks where I thought for sure he was just going to land a KO punch. He's going to be really tough to beat.

[video=youtube_share;jNMxOtLMcy0]http://youtu.be/jNMxOtLMcy0[/video]

19. reflector

I just realized that I have been misspelling Adam's last name all season far. It is Cella and not Celia. Sorry about that.

20. reflector

Kevin Casey fights Collin Hart on tonight's episode.