1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ultimate Fighter 17

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by reflector, Jan 22, 2013.

1. okiewaker

okiewaker New Member

Don't matter much,, we know wutcha ment. I be watching.

2. reflector

reflector Well-Known Member

I actually thought Kevin would win on tonight's episode. Collin was too much for him though.

3. achiro

achiro SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Two things happened there, king thought he could just out muscle Collin and when he couldn't, it surprised him. 2. He gassed in the first 2 minutes of the first round. Kevin lost that fit in his head really fast, he threw a couple really nice punches then instead of putting the hammer down he stopped punching and hugged Collin.
    Weird fight and Collin definitely wanted it more but I don't think he's as talented as King.

4. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

I agree. Weird fight indeed. No sense of urgency whatsoever by Kevin Casey. Definitely didn't expect that at all. I thought at first he was just trying to let Collin gas himself and then flip on the switch, but he never did. Probably a good thing he didn't fight Bubba McDaniel. Really looking forward to his fight next week now. The previews made it out to be a lot more physical than this last fight.

5. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

Horrible fight.

Hopefully Bubba gets his clock cleaned in the next fight. That dud is annoying!

6. reflector

Here is the preview for Episode 5.

[video=youtube;JmpBQDkShOs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmpBQDkShOs[/video]

7. reflector

I did not think Kelvin would win tonight. I definitely did not think he would finish Bubba. I think Bubba has a good shot at the wild card.

8. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

Wow, back to back weeks of upsets for sure. Definitely thought Bubba would have controlled that fight more, but Kelvin stuck with it, kept finding a way out of bad spots, got his back and choked Bubba out. Great camera shot of that too, where as soon as Kelvin locked in the choke, Bubba paused for a second like he was frozen, his eyes got big, and the tapped out.

9. reflector

I really thought Tor would beat Josh. Tor left his hands really low when he got caught. It is Quinlan vs. Hester next week.

10. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Saw a good documentary on the UFC that talked about it being bought from it's original owner the Brazilian Son of the creator of Jujitsu. It's an amazing story which includes Trump and Mark Cuban's attempt to give the UFC a run for their money with the Affliction Camp they created.

Some of the rumors I'd heard about the UFC and it's control...I now understand why it's like it is as if it wasn't....It would have probably grown to fast and become a flash in the pan instead of a sport that is giving Boxing a run for it's money and may be the death of Wrestling.

11. reflector

I thought the first round of tonight's fight was really good. Hester looked really tired heading into the second round. Quinlan was able to get the choke. Andrews vs. Cummings next week.

12. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

Wow. Was really pulling for Hester to win that fight, but given Quinlan's strong wrestling background, I didn't think the odds were in Clint's favor. I thought Quinlan played it very smart but very safe. Scored points with take downs and grapple with Hester to wear him down. He just had to wait for Hester to make a mistake, and he did in the 2nd round by rolling over to his stomach.

To Hester's credit, he delivered some nasty shots to the torso and back of the head that Quinlan will still be sore for a week after the fight. I hope he gets the wildcard spot.

13. reflector

I would say that tonight's coach's challenge was probably my favorite of any of the seasons.

14. reflector

Kevin vs. Bubba in the wildcard. I think it should be a good fight. I was surprised that Cummings got reversed so easily in the first round of tonight's fight. Andrews deserved the win.

15. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

Tough call on the Andrews/Cummings decision. Andrews really hurt Cummings early on, but Cummings recovered and was able to control a good amount of the fight after that.

Bummed that Clint Hester didn't get the wildcard spot. Both Kevin and Bubba looked very unimpressive in their last fights. Maybe since they've wanted to fight each other it will be a better matchup.

16. reflector

I believe the wildcard fight will be on tonight's episode. It should be good.

17. reflector

Bubba dominated the second round and advanced. Bubba has to fight Uriah in the next round. I think Uriah will be too much for him.

18. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

Still not really sure either of those guys were worth of a wildcard spot to begin with. While Kevin Casey controlled the first round he did no damage whatsoever. If he's supposed to be this strong ju jitzu guy, but but he's gotta step up his striking ability. Then to not answer the bell for the 3rd round was just even more proof he didn't deservce the spot in the first place. Just plain disappointing.

Bubba again wasn't that impressive to me either. For a guy with that many fights under his belt, you'd expect to see a lot more. I'll give him credit for him pretty much just smothering Casey the entire second round and landing a mix of punches and forearms.

Just don't see any way Bubba can hang with Uriah. Unfortunately think it will be the last Quarter Final fight, as you have to give Bubba a little time to recover.

19. reflector

The quarterfinals begin on tonight's episode.

20. reflector

Kelvin got a quick KO and advances. Collin did not even have a chance it seemed.