1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official Lost - Season 3 Thread

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by Sooner_Bob, Sep 27, 2006.

1. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

i could have sworn it was a guy

2. tulsaoilerfan

tulsaoilerfan Ready for Baseball Season

I can't remember if there was any mention of what sex the person was; i will have to re-watch the ending tomorrow :confused:

3. OKLA21FAN

OKLA21FAN New Member

that casket didnt appear to be 'full size'. like it was shorter than an adult sized casket. if that is the case, i am thinking it was Walt.

4. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Awesome episode and great cliff hanger.

5. soonerbrat

soonerbrat Not Exactly Right

I think it was Ben because when the funeral director asked if he was friend or family, Jack said "neither"

6. soonerbrat

I was wondering the same thing.

7. soonerbrat

wouldn't it be a "flash forward"?

8. OKLA21FAN

OKLA21FAN New Member

the obit said that the 'man' was from New York

so i'm thinking that rules out Ben.

9. Taxman71

Taxman71 New Member

The dead person has to be someone that Kate cared less about. Thus, either it was an "Other" (Ben?), a Lostie who turned into a bad Other (Locke?) or someone who we will learn is a bad person over the next 3 seasons (Sawyer?).

The surrounding neighborhood certainly implies it was Michael or Walt, yet I would think both would have visitiors (i.e. Walt's mother). It has to be someone with zero family and friends, other than on the island. Maybe an Other, Locke or Sawyer. Could be the French lady or her daughter (assuming they really pi$$ off Kate in the next 3 seasons). Maybe some child born on the island?

PS - I like Kate better when you can see her freckles.

10. crawfish

crawfish SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Walt's mother is dead.

It could have been Michael. Walt might have wanted nothing to do with him after finding out what he did to get him released. However, I don't think that Jack would have had the emotional response to Michael's death - assuming that he's tortured for thinking he'd made a mistake getting them off the island, and he had nothing to do with Michael's departure.

Oh, and you assume that the flash-forward events are happening AFTER the last season. I wouldn't put it past the writers to start next season with most of the survivors off the island, trying to get back on.

11. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

Walt's mother is dead

Michael killed Libby and Ana Lucia to get off the island, i don't think he's on anyone's friend list right now

12. Mjcpr

Mjcpr SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Also, Walt's mother is dead.

yermom likes this.
  13. Taxman71

Taxman71 New Member

Good points. If we follow the path of the writers thus far, the events leading up to the "flash-forward" haven't even been shown yet, including whoever is in the coffin.

14. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

the emotional response is an interesting point

i think i'll be kinda ****ed if they start next season like that :eek:

15. OUinFLA

OUinFLA Older Clique Member

well, you just ruined my day.

16. skycat

skycat New Member

Why wouldn't Walt's mother be there if it was Walt's funeral?

Anybody know?

17. OUinFLA

OUinFLA Older Clique Member

still running a close second I see.

18. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

oh and w00t for Kate's freckles ;)

19. Mjcpr

Mjcpr SoonerFans.com Elite Member

She's an enochlophobe which, it turns out, wouldn't have mattered.

20. OKLA21FAN

OKLA21FAN New Member

she died in a flashback in season one didnt she? that was the reason Micheal got walt in the first place. 9i think)

oops.....