1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone please help me here, why the fawk!

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by Collier11, May 17, 2011.

1. diverdog

diverdog New Member

LOL:

The last time I got run over I was pissed. Damn near killed me and if I had not been a good rider I would be dead. She broke my femur. So I sued her and settled.

When I was younger and racing I rode about 15000 miles per year or more. So I was out there a lot. Every one of my friends have been run over who raced. It is a rite of passage and something you wear with honor.

2. saucysoonergal

saucysoonergal SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Ouch, a femur break? That is horrible. I won't turn you red. ;)

3. tator

tator New Member

ya, there's no way this turns out bad

4. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Oh. OK. Well you ride your bike thingy and I'll drive my truck. I'll take my chances.

5. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

tuf ain't sounding too smart I'm a thinkin'.

6. Partial Qualifier

Partial Qualifier SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Okay that's IT!! You, me, in the parking lot after work.

I'll go out there now and practice falling down.

Howzit likes this.
  7. Gandalf_The_Grey

Gandalf_The_Grey SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I don't have a problem with bicyclist but use more common sense. If there is a perfectly good sidewalk, don't be a dick on major road. Most bicyclist that do that stuff are just trying to get their jollies off so they can come home and say "Yeah, this redneck totally flipped me off and honked at me...I am so enlightened!!"

8. diverdog

diverdog New Member

Statistically your rate of survival in a typical SUV crash is about the same as a cyclist survival rate in a typical bike crash. People have this illusion that driving a car is safe and it ain't. You would have to skydive 17 times in one year to have the same risk of dying in an accident as driving 10,000 miles in your car.

http://adventure.howstuffworks.com/skydiving8.htm

http://dying.about.com/od/causes/tp/oddsdying.htm

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  9. Gandalf_The_Grey

Yes...but who wins a collision between and F150 and a Huffy Speedster....

10. diverdog

diverdog New Member

Thanks. It hurt so bad I went into shock.

11. diverdog

diverdog New Member

Depending on the year of the F150. :D

12. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Like I said, I'll take my chances.

One thing I do know though. When a bicycle and a car tangle, the car wins EVERY SINGLE TIME. No exceptions.

13. diverdog

diverdog New Member

Gandalf the problem is that a really good cyclist will ride an average of 20 plus mph. The group I ride with will ride 30 miles in a little over an hour. Riding on a sidewalk is not an option.

14. Dallasbabe

Dallasbabe New Member

I want one of you bike riders to give me pump somewhere.

15. Gandalf_The_Grey

Diver...I understand that, however a really good cyclist isn't usually doing that on a major road during peak busy hours...

16. Fraggle145

Fraggle145 Drunky Town Limnologist

I bike to school everyday because it saves me money on gas and a parking permit and I live around the intersection of Boyd and Berry. Its a six minute bike ride.

They dont have sufficient sidewalks for me to use those on Boyd St or I would, because people are crazy. The started it after I sent numerous emails to my city council member but ran out of money and didnt finish it. So now we have sidewalks on Berry. And on Boyd from Campus corner to about halfway to Berry. Then nada. Tell me how that makes sense. I'll tell you one thing it looks like ****.

I dont think riding a bike is always about being an entitled hippy, I think sometimes its just easier and cheaper.

17. Gandalf_The_Grey

Not all of them are entitled hippies...
    Some are and they give all of them a bad name

18. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Why not slash the tires on his car and run him over in the parking lot?

That's what all the cool kids are doing....

19. OutlandTrophy

OutlandTrophy New Member

I'm here at the bike rack. I will be easy to find, I already have my shirt off.

20. Jammin'

Jammin' Well-Known Member

The problem the OP has it that a really good motorist can go faster than 20 mph.

Me personally, can you bikers at least not travel the roads of north Edmond during the AM and PM rush hour? I appreciate you don't have to work until 5pm then drive 30 mins home but seeing you in your spandex after a 3 hour "workday" makes me really want to hit you. No personal offense meant at all.