1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone please help me here, why the fawk!

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by Collier11, May 17, 2011.

1. delhalew

delhalew SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Whoops...my bad.
    [​IMG]

2. Howzit

Howzit Junice Groupie

I bet you're all fat.

saucysoonergal likes this.
  3. The Profit

The Profit New Member

I'm not sure who is sillier; the internet tough guy, the telephone tough guy or the hide in my car tough guy.

Actually the bicyclist, who has stretched Lycra well beyond its specified limits, is the silliest of them all. While the others may act silly at times, the cyclist not only acts silly, but also looks silly.

4. Hot Rod

Hot Rod New Member

What I don't get, is why the runners are jogging on the street, when they are blocks near a park with a trail, or on the actual road that does have a sidewalk on it.

5. diverdog

diverdog New Member

Totally agree.

It is no wonder Oklahoma is populated with a bunch of overweight people.

I have been run over 3 times by cars riding my bike. None of them were my fault. One driver ran me over on a country road west of Norman in the 70's. We were the only people on the road and then this a** decided to pull up next to us, cuss us out and then he proceeded to hit me. I filed charges and he was nailed with assualt and leaving the scene of an accident. The second time I was hit was by a car running a stop sign. I went through the windshield. The last time I was run over from behind by car on a country road in Delaware. She hit me with the mirror on the side of her car. In every accident the driver was found liable, paid lots of fines and in the case of the last person was sued and paid me close to $20,000 plus medical expenses.

Riders have the right to the road. Many of us are out there trying to stay fit, in many cases like myself getting in shape to do charity rides. Bikers are required to obey every aspect of the law and if they don't then the police will deal with them. I try to be safe, obey the rules of the road, ride in the country and give wide berths to traffic. But that is not enough. People turn into jerks behind the wheel of the car and there is no excuse for it. If you are complaining about a biker slowing you down then leave your house or job a little bit earlier. Chances are you are disobeying the law in your rush to get somewhere.

OhU1 likes this.
  6. Howzit

Howzit Junice Groupie

I said that in five words.

DCSooner and saucysoonergal like this.
  7. saucysoonergal

saucysoonergal SoonerFans.com Elite Member

No, you lycra wearing ninnes, you are holding up traffic!!! I never speed and am sick of you guys diobeying the rules of the road. Lobby the legislature for funds for bike lanes and then obey the rules of the road. ;)

8. Howzit

Howzit Junice Groupie

I agree with the obeying traffic laws part. I'll admit I've run my share of stop signs, but only if there are no cars around, that's just asking for trouble on a couple of levels.

AND, if a po po person sees you run a stop sign, it's a ticket just like a motor vehicle.

9. TUSooner

TUSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I try.

10. SoonerJack

SoonerJack New Member

why don't you just go around them. Most bikers can/will move to the right when a car is coming up behind them.

If there were few more bike lanes perhaps the fatty count would be a little lower around here.

Share the road.

TUSooner likes this.
  11. soonercruiser

soonercruiser New Member

Wrong!
    Bicyclists are just "equal", according to the law.
    I can't run any more, because of cartilage loss in both knees from years of military fitness.
    So, now I cycle for "fitness only". No water pack; no rear view mirrors.
    But, there are places that I must ride on the street in order to get TO the bike trails.
    Then, I stay to the right; never ride 2 abreast; Momentarily stop at signs (momentarily, or I wiill fall over with my toes in the pedal straps); and signal turns.
    There are drivers who try to nudge close to me to intimidate me. There are drivers who cut you off. Most drivers of cars don't use their signals these days! So, there are plenty of jerks on both sides to cause problems when the two occupy the same road space.

TUSooner likes this.

12. I think if you have been runover three times, you should get a clue and quit riding in the streets.

13. diverdog

diverdog New Member

Can't fit in lycra...huh?

14. diverdog

diverdog New Member

I am a tough MFer. Cars don't scare me. Now I was cowerig like a sissy in my tent last weekend in a bad thunderstorm.

15. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

I lose points if I stop.

16. saucysoonergal

saucysoonergal SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I would look better than you in it, but I ain't a poser.

You want to be red real quick?

17. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

That's terrible but kind of funny at the same time....

I mean...BikerFox gives bikers such a bad name that one guy would take out 20 to get to him?

Wow!

18. The Profit

The Profit New Member

Was the car going the wrong way, or were the bicyclists on the wrong side of the road? I am confused.

19. Howzit

Howzit Junice Groupie

I would bet the cyclists were on the correct side of the road. I've never seen a group riding into oncoming traffic.

If I remember, the driver was extremely drunk and just getting in from a night of partying.

20. Sooner_Tuf

Sooner_Tuf New Member

I don't ride much anymore. But it is great transportation and it is good for you and it is good for society.

I don't understand all the anger towards bikes but I have seen it. Years ago when I was in Virginia Beach there were a number of reasons why I didn't buy a car to keep there. A bike was good transportation for me.

If you are having a lot of problems with cars just keep a can of spray paint with an open nozzle in one of your water bottle holders. Even in a populated area people remember who will stripe their car if they don't show some sort decency toward others.

As for you rough asses that are going to let a biker in spandex know he's a fag. Remember that guy is in better shape than you and already has his heartbeat up. So unless you want to get whipped by a fag better to just keep quite and have another twinkee.

Bikers aren't a problem. They are part of a solution to many problems.