1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone please help me here, why the fawk!

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by Collier11, May 17, 2011.

1. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Do bicyclists get equal rights to the road? They significantly slow down traffic and it is dangerous, it is absolutely retarded that this is the law. Oh yea, and they wear ghey biking outfits which makes it worse :D

tcrb likes this.
  2. starclassic tama

starclassic tama New Member

yea i didn't even realize this until a few years ago, i used to honk and flip them the bird all the time. dumb law, stay on the sidewalks

3. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I just dont get how a car can get ticketed for going too far under the speed limit but bicyclists can slow down traffic 10-20 mpg and they are unprotected yet they get to use the roads in the same way

4. fadada1

fadada1 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

they have a right to the road, but that doesn't mean they're any smarter for using it. i'm all for fitness, but be smart about it. given the choice between a bike and rider, and an oncoming truck... i'll choose putting a bike in the ditch. find yourself a nice trail/river path/etc...

5. tcrb

tcrb New Member

Totally agree...on all counts.

6. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

lots of places it's illegal to ride on the sidewalk

poor city planning is the problem...

7. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

I'm thinking somebody had a run in with BikerFox....lol

[​IMG]

8. OhU1

OhU1 New Member

Same with those hard to see motorcycles and pedestrians. Assumption of the risk! I might be on my cell phone too and too distracted to see you anyway. (in all seriousness you are taking a big risk with today's brain dead driver - I jog on the road but I avoid busy streets and I'm facing toward on-coming traffic and aware of my surroundings).

TUSooner likes this.
  9. crawfish

crawfish SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Bicyclists are obviously MORE equal than motorists, because the apparently have the right to mow down pedestrians who get in their way, and zoom through stop signs and stoplights.

10. SoonerHoops

SoonerHoops New Member

This is a big problem around Norman. When I see a biker on the road when there's a perfectly good sidewalk two feet from him, he's definitely going to know about it. Not to mention, they choose roads like 12th to ride on that are always busy. Idiots

11. TUSooner

TUSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Sheesh. What a bunch of cranky whiny dipsh*ts! Sidewalks are for pedestrians; bikes belong in the street. I hope one day you HAVE to ride a bike to get somewhere and that some jerk knocks you off the road or scares the sh*t out of you because he's too self-righteous to give a crap about lowly bicyclists.
    But here's what's really wrong with the premise this thread, and with most of the other horse-manure threads started by folks so young & stupid that they think they know it all: It says "MY life of SOOOOO right that everybody else must live like ME in order to keep MY way of life convenient." Put another way by some else: Selfishness is not defined as living the way you want, it's defined as insisting that others live the way you want.

I will concede that inconsiderate bicyclists and bike spandex are pretty awful, however.

homerSimpsonsBrain and OhU1 like this.
  12. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

i've ran 6 over

13. Does it count as 2 if you run a tandem bike over?

saucysoonergal likes this.

14. I was thinking that's how the bicyclists think. "So what I'm bringing traffic to a standstill, it's about ME".

15. SoonerHoops

SoonerHoops New Member

Lol. This post is an epic facepalm. Geez

16. saucysoonergal

saucysoonergal SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This drives me crazy. You see the dingleberry all dressed up in his/her fancy cyclist outfit with the little helmet with built in rearview mirrors and the camel pack on their back and I just want to clip them.

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG

Stick to bike trails you deathwish having idjuts.

17. The Profit

The Profit New Member

After I pass them, I move all of the way over to the right when I get to the stop sign. This keeps them from just going through the stop sign and not waiting for their turn. On weekends, they are obnoxious. During the Tour D'France, they are unbearable.

18. SoonerHoops

SoonerHoops New Member

This. It's amazing how bikers want to be treated like motorists and want the traffic laws to apply, but when there's a red light or stop sign, they're flying right through.

Let's face it, bikers choose whether they are on the road or the sidewalk based on which one is more convenient for them at the time. I see bikers almost daily around Norman that swerve from the road to the sidewalk multiple times because of something on one surface that may slow them down.

19. OutlandTrophy

OutlandTrophy New Member

What a bunch of rude people in here.

Go ahead and flip them off and let them know that you don't like sharing the road with them but I have a thousand dollars that says not one of you tough motherf*ckers will let the bicyclist know about it and then pull your car over so you can talk about it.

I'm not sure who is sillier; the internet tough guy, the telephone tough guy or the hide in my car tough guy.

TUSooner and OhU1 like this.
  20. saucysoonergal

saucysoonergal SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If we want your opinion Mr. Carpet peeer, we'll ask for it. ;)