1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So the thread about Gresham was locked.

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by TopDawg, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

actually they (me) were just pointing out that blocking was a weakness for him but he's working and getting better at it. that's why i linked the article where wilson says he is getting better at it.

TopDawg likes this.
  2. 1stTimeCaller

1stTimeCaller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

just because someone says that JG missed 18 blocking assignments it doesn't make that statement a fact.

Does crimson helmet know the various blocking schemes and assignments for our offense? Until then I'll disregard his facts and treat them as opinions.

Mjcpr likes this.
  3. TopDawg

TopDawg SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm not saying there wasn't some good discussion going on. You did a pretty good job of stating your side and supporting it and, it just so happens, I feel pretty much the same way you do. I was just upset that all the personal attack stupidity had to get in the way like it so often does.

birddog likes this.
  4. JohnnyMack

JohnnyMack SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I assume you mean my calling out of CH, not CH calling out Gresham.

That's what makes this place teh win.

5. Rhino

Rhino Awesoministrator

Maybe I missed where CH called Gresham a pompous *** and a jerk.

6. JohnnyMack

People like this are bad for the game. It's just a game and Gresham is merely a kid.

That someone would go back and grade out a college kids performance in a game is weird. It's just weird. Borderline obsessive.

But I'm the a-hole because I point that out.

7. TopDawg

And personal attacks are bad for the board. That's why we ban people who do that.

Your points are all valid and you've certainly got a right to your opinion. And my frustration isn't with people who say "Dude, chill out...it's just a game." or "he's just a kid." My frustration is with people who say "you're a pompous idiot for focusing on this kid who must have beaten you out for a TE position in high school and you probably jerk off to high school football movies and yo momma is a ho and I know you are but what am I?"

BBQ did a good job of saying "ok, well maybe you're right that he's not great at blocking but look, he's getting better." That can lead to some actual interesting football conversation. "Shut up you pompous ***" can't.

8. JohnnyMack

You're right.

I handled the situation in a knee-jerk fashion.

I stand by my contention that attacks such as the ones made by CH towards Gresham aren't good for sports in general or this board.

I wasn't constructive in my criticism of CH's posts however which helped lead us to an unnecessary flame-out.

1stTimeCaller likes this.
  9. sas

sas New Member

hug it out beyonces

10. birddog

nice recovery, jm. well played sir.

where is ch, anyway. i was hoping he'd chime in.

maybe he's in a fetal tuck behind a fern saying, "johnny mack, johnny mack, johnny mack.":D

11. Ardmore_Sooner

Ardmore_Sooner New Member

I played High School ball with Jermaine. I was a year ahead of him. Let me tell you a little about Jermaine.

Towards the end of his Sophomore season, he became a very intricate part of our offense and almost pulled us into a last minute comeback against Shawnee in the State semifinals.

Jermaine was very lackadaisical and went through the motions my Senior (his Junior) year when I played with him. Jermaine seemed more focused on basketball his Junior year and I feel that he thought that this was going to be his future. So after graduating I had very little respect for his playing abilities.

I attended all but one of Ardmore's games my Freshman year at OU. Jermaine came out more focused and more prepared then I had ever seen him before. He made the catches he was dropping a year before, showed much more passion, and was 10 times better than before.

When I first saw Jermaine against UAB last year I was totally shocked when I saw the size he had put on. Since coming to OU he has a great work ethic and has taken to the system. I had even heard he was taken summer classes prior to the season just so he could be eligible to play, which also caught me off guard.

Jermaine NEVER had to block in high school and thought that he would have trouble with it in the college level. He has improved more then I could ever imagine.

It's easy to knock on a kid who is playing a game THAT YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW. Get to know a person on a personal basis before you question their integrity and their personality.

12. Mjcpr

Mjcpr SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Is there any way we could get an arm band or something to help guide our posts to the correct method?

13. usmc-sooner

usmc-sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

seriously you're raggin on Gresham, I'm sure you could D him up. :rolleyes:

14. TopDawg

If you're just being ironic, well done.

15. Harry Beanbag

Harry Beanbag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This thread is stupid. I challenge anyone to go back and read it and come to a different conclusion.

usmc-sooner likes this.
  16. NorthernIowaSooner

NorthernIowaSooner New Member

hold on i think i have a reason for why the first one was locked...wait for it...oh yeah this has nothing to do with recruiting, he's on the team and a decent player, bitch about him elsewhere

Harry Beanbag likes this.
  17. birddog

well, you would be correct, however, the thread was started before he signed his loi.

18. NorthernIowaSooner

NorthernIowaSooner New Member

im aware of that im just not sure why were sitting around bitching about him here while hes in his second year

19. birddog

from your post it seemed like you were completely unaware of it.some guys came back to re-evaluate their stance on him. it's pretty fun to look at comments/predictions about a player.

i don't see why you're getting your man panties twisted.

from now on, we'll let you tell us what is acceptable to discuss here.

20. TopDawg

Thanks for your support.

Sorry to have wasted your valuable time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.