1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rueben Randle #1 WR

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by setem, Nov 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SCxxSOONER

SCxxSOONER New Member

It was definitely a good game to bring him out to, offense looked great, not to mention he could be an early factor at receiver next yr

2. OUJAY

OUJAY New Member

I would think the thought of being able to catch passes from a great QB like Sam Bradford would be very appealing to a big time WR like Randle. I look foward to reading his comments on his official visit and the game.

3. TR20

TR20 New Member

Potentially good news here. Go to 11:45 on the Randy Shannon interview. I think he is referring to Randle as the "big time" recruit. Says that USC, LSU, and Bama are eliminated, and that this prospect is down to Miami and OU. I checked Rivals 100 and the only player that fits the school criteria is Randle.

http://www.wqam.com/index.php?page=347

4. SCxxSOONER

SCxxSOONER New Member

I certainly hope tis is true, this would top off one of our weaker recruiting classes in the last couple yrs, not to say its not good just not rated as highly.

5. SCxxSOONER

SCxxSOONER New Member

I certainly hope tis is true, this would top off one of our weaker recruiting classes in the last couple yrs, not to say its not good just not rated as highly.
    BOOMER!!

6. shaun4411

shaun4411 New Member

according to rivals, ou is the only official visit he's taken

7. Sooner_09

Sooner_09 New Member

He's also Rival's new # 1 overall recruit

8. OSUFAN11

OSUFAN11 New Member

Rueben Randle told ESPN affiliate Web site TigerGumbo.com that he is keying on, "LSU, Alabama, USC, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State."
    Randle currently has only one official visit scheduled, to Oklahoma State on Nov. 29th.

Additionally, the nation's top pass-catcher stated he'll likely wait until much closer to national signing day before making his final decision.

Several other top programs such as Miami-FL, Florida, Georgia, Florida State, Michigan, Tennessee, Notre Dame and Mississippi also recruited Randle.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recru...ruitId=55140 (click on Nov. 4th archive)

9. CK Sooner

CK Sooner Support Landry Jones!

OLD

10. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Thanks. Here's an update for you, too.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpa...937A35751C1A96E948260&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=1

11. OSUFAN11

OSUFAN11 New Member

12. shaun4411

shaun4411 New Member

I had no idea theyd put a college game in tokyo. interesting.

13. Dan Thompson

Dan Thompson New Member

Is it againist NCAA rules for someone like Sam to accompany a coach on a recuriting trip?

14. sooner518

sooner518 New Member

from hornfans:

LOL, it would be sweet to get both of these guys

15. Rhino

Rhino Awesoministrator

I seriously doubt we get RR.

16. CK Sooner

CK Sooner Support Landry Jones!

I heard it was down to OU and Miami?

17. Rhino

Rhino Awesoministrator

LSU/Alabama. I haven't heard anything about Miami. I think RR to OU is just wishful thinking.

18. Sabanball

Sabanball Well-Known Member

RR made an unofficial visit this weekend to Alabama (along with commit Trent Richardson out of Escambia HS in Florida)to view the bowl game prep. and visit with coaches--you can interpret that any way you want but for a kid to take a 300+mile road trip on his own dime tells me he is at least nearing a decision and may very well be leaning toward signing with Bama. I still think the smart money says he stays home but you never know. I agree with you Rhino--this is coming down to Bama or LSU. It would appear--I stress "APPEAR"--that OU is out of the running for him.

He has an 'official' visit scheduled to Tuscaloosa on 1/16/2009 per Rivals, FWIW, also...

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  19. Harry Beanbag

Harry Beanbag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It's almost impossible to get talented skill position players out of SEC country.

20. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

We had a certain one with red hair last year... you know, until his rap skills became known to all via youtube :rolleyes:

There was a Houston Chron article on how he and McFarland were chummy at the Army game. There's still hope for him to go all Sooner on the SEC :)

(psst... someone clarify - Reuben or Rueben?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.