1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rueben Randle #1 WR

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by setem, Nov 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snp

snp New Member

According to a computer formula, we're the team to beat!

http://ssbea.mercer.edu/recruiting.htm

Oklahoma 31.6%
    Alabama 29.2%
    Oklahoma State 19.4%
    LSU 8.8%
    Mississippi 3.2%
    Georgia 2.7%
    Florida State 2.3%
    Notre Dame 1.7%
    Miami (FL) 1.0%

2. Hotrod3157

Hotrod3157 New Member

Well good for us I guess. Hope it works out and we actually get him that would be a nice addition to the recruiting class and receiving corps.

3. KingDavid

KingDavid Well-Known Member

Not sure how credible that can be since it pegged OSU in the top 5 and Miami in last place. OSU got cut (as of today, I believe), while Miami remains in the top 5.

Plus, if I read the formula correctly, these stats do not reflect the upcoming visits to Bama and LSU. We'll slip behind Bama after this weekend, most likely.

4. Sooner74

Sooner74 New Member

Ok sorry but if LSU isn't even top 2 you know something is wrong. This dude might get out of Louisiana, but to say they only have 9% chance is spreading it a bit too thin.

5. OklahomaTuba

OklahomaTuba SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Great, a BCS for recruiting.

Getem likes this.
  6. heathc

heathc New Member

Rivals said he narrowed his list to 5. Who were the five.

7. BillyBall

BillyBall Well-Known Member

Bama, LSU, OU, Miami and Ole Miss.

8. Beef

Beef SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Interesting, but using a computer to predict what a 17/18 yr old is going to do is funny. Unless the computer is predicting they're thinking about tail.

9. Desert Sapper

Desert Sapper New Member

It looks moderately accurate. It's whiffed on 4 top 20 predictions so far. I still think Bama and LSU are wayyy in the lead on this kid. Very slim chance that Sam sticking around will sway him, but it's so slim it'll slice you in half if you stand on it.

10. soonerfan28

soonerfan28 New Member

Desert, if it was me and I'm at least a little more mature then a 17/18 year old kid then I would want to either go play with a Heisman trophy winner or a proven QB like Jevan Snead. Does anybody know who the QB is going to be for either LSU or Bama? and Bama's #1 receiving option is Julio Jones. Maybe Russell Shepard can talk him in to staying home.

11. KingDavid

KingDavid Well-Known Member

Ryan Perriloux for LSU, right?;)

12. soonerfan28

soonerfan28 New Member

Yea I heard he was coming back or maybe he'll be in the draft.

13. Desert Sapper

Desert Sapper New Member

I agree with you, and I think that may be the biggest thing we have going for us with him. Still, kids in the Southeast grow up with SEC, SEC, SEC. Personally, I would rather go to OU, because you would have a much better shot of making those weaksauce Big XII defenses look silly than you would of making the all-powerful SEC D look that way. See? We can use this perceived defensive weakness to our advantage, especially when going after offensive players.:D

14. soonerfan28

soonerfan28 New Member

That's why I think he heads to Ole Miss, but then again LSU has won 2 NC's in the last 5 years.

15. heathc

heathc New Member

Rivals says he down to 3 after his visit to Alabama this weekend.

16. Desert Sapper

Desert Sapper New Member

Apparently OU, Bama, and LSU are the three. Still thinking LSU. That's his last official.

17. heathc

heathc New Member

Out of those 3 we are the only school with a proven QB returning. BAMA already has a #1 reciever so he will not get as many balls thrown his way. He could very easily be our #1 guy next year and with Bradford throwing to him could have an outstanding Freshman year. I still think that LSU's QB situation has got to worry a star reciever.

18. Desert Sapper

Desert Sapper New Member

Can you say 'Crabtree' part II? Kid could have a monster year with Sammy slinging the rock to him.

19. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

agreed. LSU or OU would be a better choice for his position.

20. Desert Sapper

Desert Sapper New Member

It seems like every year we are competing for the '#1 WR in the country' and every year the other team gets him.

Last year it was Julio Jones (Bama).
    In '07 it was Terrence Tolliver (LSU).
    In '05 it was Derrick Williams (Penn State).
    In '04 it was Early Doucet (LSU).

I think we lose yet another to LSU, but maybe we're due. Who knows?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.