1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rueben Randle #1 WR

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by setem, Nov 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hotrod3157

Hotrod3157 New Member

It would be great to finally get one. Sam coming back really helps the cause and so does the lack of a proven receiver. Maybe the stars and the moon will line up right and we get him out of SEC country.

2. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Lets see...

OU-Heisman winning QB where you will get close to if not more than 1000 yds if you are as good as you are supposed to be

LSU- A soph qb who was up and down but has good potential

Bama-No QB and they dont throw much anyway, plus you have Julio in front of you

3. pappy

pappy Well-Known Member

so it looks like the coaching staff is going after an instate wr that is/was an unknown here is is profile on rivals

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=90572

looks pretty good...nice stats for only playing in 7 games as a sr.

I hope they're not going after him b/c they think they're not gonna get randle though.

4. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

wow, that came out of nowhere. randle won't come to OU. he'll stay down south to be glorified and win nothing, then go pro.

5. pappy

pappy Well-Known Member

sounds about right

6. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

he visits auburn this weekend i think....signing day is next Wednesday right?

7. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Feb 4th....whatever day that is.

8. soonerfan28

soonerfan28 New Member

Found this on ESPN
    Battles
    3. Reuben Randle, wide receiver; LSU vs. Alabama vs. Oklahoma vs. Auburn: Considered the No. 1 wideout in the country, Randle is also the top-rated player in the state of Louisiana, and that means it's going to be tough for anyone to get him away from LSU. Last week, Tigers beat writer Glenn Guilbeau wrote a column about why he thought Randle is needed more in Baton Rouge than Tuscaloosa, which I assume didn't sit well with Tide supporters:

"If Randle goes to LSU, he could be Julio Jones all over again if he's that good. LaFell will be the man, but after LaFell at the moment there is not much else at receiver for the Tigers. LaFell was the only elite receiver at LSU last season. Demetrius Byrd never equaled his 2007 promise, and 2008 was his senior year."

Of course if you look at from a Sooner fan's perspective, it's hard to argue that Randle could find a better QB than Sam Bradford to catch passes from in 2009.

9. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Am I missing something on him? He averaged 150 yards and 2 touchdowns a game, is 6'3, 215, and runs a 4.53, and is basically unheard of?

10. soonerfan28

soonerfan28 New Member

Is he really a 4.5 guy? Maybe they're waiting for the Randle sweepstakes.

11. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I don't know if he is a 4.5 guy, but that's what rivals lists him at. However, rivals isn't always that accurate.

I'm hearing Randall Carroll is unhappy with USC and according to rivals he has a visit to Oklahoma on Friday.

12. pappy

pappy Well-Known Member

He only has stats on there from his sr year so I'm thinking maybe he didn't play football until his sr year and thats why he's off the radar...but honestly I have no idea how someone with those attributes goes under the radar

13. soonerfan28

soonerfan28 New Member

According to rivals he'll be coming in Friday, but he's got a ton of teams from Pac-10 on there, so it's hard for me to think he'll be a Sooner. Isn't that Pete's son though?;)

14. soonerfan28

soonerfan28 New Member

Since he's obviously not on OU's radar then I would like to see him head to Tulsa maybe.

15. Sabanball

Sabanball Well-Known Member

16. LSUdeek

LSUdeek New Member

yep, we don't win anything at LSU. :rolleyes:

Harry Beanbag likes this.
  17. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

[​IMG]
    "Rueueueueueueben."

18. soonerboy_odanorth

soonerboy_odanorth New Member

Am I the only one that doesn't care if we get Randle or not? I for one like the way Tyrece Gaines (sorry if I butchered the spelling) passes the eye test. He looks ready-made to step on the field.... kind of an Adarious Bowman body... big receiver that can go over the middle. Anyway, just a thought...

19. soonerfan28

soonerfan28 New Member

Gaines has narrowed it to OU Oregon and Ole Miss. The other two schools have proven QB's as do we. You never know how Nike can convince you to come play in an offense where they like to run, but I hope we get him.

20. soonerfan28

soonerfan28 New Member

According to the Tulsa World Stoops was in Randle's house last night trying to convince him to sign with the Sooners.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/extra/article.aspx?subjectID=92&tab=ou&articleid=20090130_92_B5_hOUrec678355

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.