1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OU interviewed Terry Evans!

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by badger, Mar 31, 2011.

1. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Maestro...I guess old D2 coaches like Bruce Pearl just sucked at D1...didnt they?

2. Bosley

Bosley New Member

Why do you all hate black people?

and freedom?

3. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

4. OU_Sooners75

[​IMG]

5. I think the difference is that Bruce Pearl did a pretty great job at Wisconsin-Milwaukee before taking that Tennessee job..there was some proof this guy can hang with the big boys

6. OU_Sooners75

So because Evans hasn't been given that opportunity he is not worth the look or the shot?

Gotcha!:rolleyes:

7. well you made the comparison to Bruce Pearl and i just showed you it didn't fit because he had D1 experience

8. OutlandTrophy

OutlandTrophy New Member

exactly. I'd be just as against the other top 5 DII coaches getting the OU job. I just don't think Big XII schools and OU in particular should be a guy's first experience in the DI world.

9. The Maestro

The Maestro SoonerFans.com Elite Member

And upon finishing is coaching career at the D2 level did he go straight to Tennessee?

No.

UW-Milwaukee. A mid-major.

Your point?

10. OU_Sooners75

The only D1 experience Evans doesn't have is HC....but I guess that is all we should hire, a coach that does.

Thank god, Sherri Coale had some before being hired at OU.

11. The Maestro

pimp, don't let facts get in the way of 75's argument...ruins everything!

12. OutlandTrophy

OutlandTrophy New Member

I don't hire guys with no experience into my $200k positions that I need filled. I pay them $75k while they learn the business and pay their dues.

I believe basketball coaches should have to do the same.

13. The Maestro

Wow...this thread is dead to me.

75, I am guessing you are not a lawyer, right?

Ron White has you pegged.

14. OU_Sooners75

So your point is, if they do not have any D1 HC experience, they shouldn't be hired.

Like I said, thank god Sherri Coale had hc D-1 experience hiring her.
    Thank god Stoops had D-1A HC experience before hiring him.

hmmmm.....

15. OU_Sooners75

I agree...if we hire Evans, we should not pay him top dollar. I think I have said something like that before.

Pay him a minimal base with incentives to earn more.

16. OU_Sooners75

:confused:

17. OutlandTrophy

OutlandTrophy New Member

every time you talk 'bout boxing the white guy has to bring up Rocky Marciano, Rocky Marciano

18. OU_Sooners75

What facts are getting in the way...never said Bruce Pearl did not coach D1 somewhere else.

However, I do not think a coach necessarily needs to have D1 HC experience to be qualified for hire.

I think the next HC needs to be a good fit, that would love being here and that would not jump at the first chance to leave.

19. So he spent a fall as an assistant at TCU and handled administrative duties at OU...and that's comparable to coordinating defenses..

20. I don't think its impossible that the guy would succeed...he may, he may not...

But reaching for these comparisons is like saying Wes Welker is a good 5'8 receiver, so lets go get some