1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OU interviewed Terry Evans!

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by badger, Mar 31, 2011.

1. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Well, apparently you are wrong. Apparently Tech was entitled to Knight, Moreso than us. :D

2. soonerborn45

soonerborn45 New Member

75 don't get me wrong, passion and heart are good things to have in a coach but they can only take you so far. I don't think anyone is questioning whether or not Evans would have to passion for the university. Everyone is questioning whether or not to take a chance on another coach that has not proven himself at the D1 level. I think Evans would do a great job but when hiring, you have to take in all counts and the fact that Evans highest level of head coaching experience is D2 is going to play a big part in it whether you like it or not.

3. OU_Sooners75

So if all rumors are true and everyone is saying not interested and or just using OU to get a raise from their current job, you just keep plugging away until you have no one left to offer?

At some point you have to pull the trigger. Granted I do not have a clue as to what is going on behind the scenes. But when is the last time you seen so many rumors and so many days go by without a true front candidate to come out?

Terry Evans definitely has some draw backs. But there is not one coach that we have heard that doesn't. Evans' biggest is just that he has no D1 HC experience.

Sorry, that my passion for the guy has clouded some judgements...but I am sticking with Evans. I am still going to think he would be a very good hire for our program.

Most fans want a coach that they can get excited about. With Buzz signing an extension, with Stevens never being in the picture, with Pastner staying in Memphis, there are really no other coaches that the fans really seem excited about (at least that have been rumored as a candidate).

Weber never excited me. I think he would be a terrible hire.
    Marshall? From what I hear he is a grade A A$$hole.
    Kruger, unless it is a smoke screen, says he his not interested in any other jobs.
    Rose, says he is staying at BYU.
    Gillispie hired at Tech
    Anderson, Hired at Arkansas.

Who else? Evans & Robinson & Franchella (Sp?)

Robinson, I have heard he is a dikhead and grade a A$$hole.

So who do we have left? Who is the OU administration looking for?

Like I said, if rumors are true, we really have only one option left and that is Evans.

And like I also said, Evans may have been a childhood hero, but he was not my first choice either.

4. Quik Sand

Quik Sand New Member

Not an attack on you 75, but I am not sure why the coach being not friendly disqualifies them from serious consideration. Maybe you are not saying that, but I could care less if the coach is a prick if he wins and employs an entertaining style of basketball (of course while running a clean ship). Might be in the minority on that, but so be it.

5. soonerborn45

soonerborn45 New Member

This right here is the biggest reason.

You keep pointing to rumors, they're just that, rumors. No one knows who is on the list of candidates. Guys like Mark Rogers and Carey Murdock can come out and say all the want but the fact is no one knows who are the candidates at this point. For all we know, Joe is talking to Phil Jackson's assistant coach as possible HC at OU. I understand your passion for Terry Evans and if he is your choice, great. A top notch assistant from the NBA would excite the fans too. Just because the so called "world wide leader" said that Buzz and Pastner were candidates doesn't mean much because everyone knew that those guys would at least get a phone call. At the end of the day nobody but Joe and maybe two or three other guys know who is on the list right now.

6. OU_Sooners75

To be honest with you neither do I, but we don't want some bad apple that runs the media, high schoo coaches, aau coaches, and fans off with his attitude either.

7. OU_Sooners75

And apparently one of my rumor guys...which I also said, "unless it is just a smoke screen, he is not interested" is taking the job.

He also happens to be one that I had above Terry Evans. :cool:

I can live with Kruger as our next coach!

8. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Fiiiiine, but at least we weren't subjected to Pat Knight afterward... or that infamous Red Raider Rash :eek:

OU_Sooners75 likes this.
  9. OU_Sooners75

Thank god!!!
    Ill give ya spek for that!:)