1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OU Depth Chart 2006

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Desert Sapper, Jan 6, 2006.

1. MojoRisen

MojoRisen New Member

Stack: What is going on here- are we beating this guy up in the corner :)

2. NickZeppelin

NickZeppelin New Member

Bush was pretty much a full time started. He played as much as anyone the last few years at guard. Chester was the least experienced of the senior linemen.

Look you can say we won 6 of 7 but we played one good team those last 7 games and nearly lost all of those games. In fact the only one of those games we had won pretty much the whole way outside of the OSU and KSU games was the Nebraska game and they were a long pass away from possibly winning. We got lucky and won the close ones outside of the Tech game which we all agree we won. But it won't happen next year if things stay the same like they seemingly will. We still have weaknesses in the same 2 spots we had this past year. No one else but me seems to realize this.

3. silverwheels

silverwheels SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think this would help a lot of you...

Salt City Sooner likes this.
  4. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Not everyone here is dumb Nick.....and I will try to be nice...because your opinion really needs to be straightened up....

we played KU, Nebraska, TTU and Oregon....3 of those teams finished ranked in the top 25...and KU won their bowl game. In the last 7 games this team was learning how to win the tough games...I agree, it wasnt pretty...but in 10 years when you look at the record of this team it will always read 8-4 Holiday Bowl Champions....and get this...this team has done what those 2 runner ups in the MNC games didnt do...win their bowl game...against a top 10 team.

Things wont stay the same...that is exactly where you are wrong...

Two things will happen next year...1. We will either get worse. or 2. we will get better.

2 is most likely what is going to happen. This team was very young....we are only losing 12 from our 2 deep....that is 12 out of 44 that we lose that has had a lot of playing time this season....and get this....NONE are at key skilled positions like it was last year!

stop being a downer....it will only get better because of what we do have...

28 True Freshmen
    13 Red Shirt Freshmen
    24 Sophomores &
    11 Juniors
    On the 2005 Team.

In other words...with the top 5 recruiting classes now starting to become seniors in 2006....this could end up being one of the best teams in recent history for OU....Yes we have some quesstion marks...but not as many as you are thinking...in fact...the OL that you conitnue to say we will have problems with...the one that lost 4 guys....they didnt start together until the last 3 games (including bowl) of the season.

Be positive that is all we want you do to...if you want to talk your misguided opinions to your friends at home...then by all means do so....but we all know what is in store...but we all can see the light as well...you cant....but i suppose this is something to expect from a kid that just became a sooner fan the second year of the Stoops Era!

CrimsonJim likes this.
  5. OU_Sooners75

Maybe...but it is fun..and the misguided people need to be taught as well. ;)

CrimsonJim likes this.
  6. silverwheels

silverwheels SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I don't think that arguing with a brick wall is fun. But I guess some of you do.

7. MojoRisen

MojoRisen New Member

Daniel TABON This guy can HITTTTTTTTT exactly what we need to impose a little fear in MOFO's trying to get cute on gaps and spreads....

Is it safe to say that ranked as the 3rd best DB in the country he is a 5 star recruit??? Or am I off base on this so called ATH??

8. OU_Sooners75

The star rankings really mean very little. But yes, he should be one..but that isnt the case all the time...Demarco Murray was #2 All purpose Running back in the nation and the last 5 star recruit in that category.

CrimsonJim likes this.
  9. OU_Sooners75

I finished my piece...but you should see the fun we have at my site during the season...so this is actually pretty mild...but yea...i agree...it really isnt fun.

CrimsonJim likes this.
  10. NickZeppelin

NickZeppelin New Member

You know I feel the exact same way.

11. OUGreg723

OUGreg723 New Member

[​IMG]

12. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

jkm the stolen pifwafwi SoonerFans.com Elite Member

ah, but you hit the nail on the head. normally that razor thin edge is called the turnover margin. you take away 4 turnovers and we are 11-1. that sometimes is the difference between a great season and a good season.

13. AMEN...TESTIFY!!

14. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

how many F'n' games did we almost lose in 2000, good lord get a clue! THats how football is

15. Gandalf_The_Grey

Gandalf_The_Grey SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Uh dear :( poor Nick :(

16. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner New Member

Best. Post. EVAR.

17. Ban One Sooner

Ban One Sooner New Member

You're right, we should just go ahead and forfeit next season.

18. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

geez this is dumb, I cant believe this conversation. Its completely cool to be critical of our coaches, they make plenty of money and its their job to produce. That being said, Stoops did all he could have done, he didnt tell lendy holmes to fumble that punt at ucla or the refs to call a phantom defensive holding on a momentum swinging INT. He didnt tell paul to fumble inside our ten or rhett to fumble inside their 10 against tcu, and he certainly didnt tell the refs to bareback us against tech. That is the difference between 11-1 and 8-4, and none of that is coach stoops' fault

19. GDC

GDC New Member

Or 55-19 versus a competitive national title game.

20. JohnnyMack

JohnnyMack SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think the coaching staff did a terrible job of game planning and getting the team ready for TCU. Outside of that, we had a good season with what we had.

GDC likes this.