1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OU Depth Chart 2006

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Desert Sapper, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Are you freakin serious!! THis team very easily could have been 11-1 even with as badly as we played in the first half of the season. All Stoops can do is coach them, he cant make plays for them. I thought stoops did a great job this year, of course I would have liked to be in the bcs like everyone else, but when we play the #1 schedule in the nation and mix that with playing the most freshmen in the nation, we should feel lucky that we did as well as we did!

2. NickZeppelin

NickZeppelin New Member

There was no way the coaching was going to allow his team to be 11-1

3. Collier11

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ok dude, are you sure you are a OU fan?? THe only major coaching mistake that I saw all season was allowing the qb race to go on without being settled all summer and fall, other than that I thought they did a great job

4. NickZeppelin

NickZeppelin New Member

Atleast I'm not of the opinion that our team just finished up a great year like everyone seems brainwashed into thinking.

5. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

No, your opinion is that OU sucks...and Bob Stoops sucks.

It wasnt great compared to the last 5 years...but it wasnt bad...like you are saying it was.

Why not go cheer for the whorns now...I heard they won a national championship just about 3 days ago.

CrimsonJim likes this.
  6. OU_Sooners75

Hey Nick...can you do a better job?

Better yet....what does these numbers mean.....3-3-5?????

CrimsonJim likes this.
  7. BASSooner

BASSooner New Member

the defense we ran in 2000?

8. NickZeppelin

NickZeppelin New Member

I never said I could do a better job I just said that Bob's done a very bad job with this years team.

9. Collier11

derrrtttt!!!!

10. NickZeppelin

NickZeppelin New Member

Oh and I've said the same thing about 100 times this entire season after almost half the games if not all the games. This has been BY FAR Bob's worst coaching job maybe even in his entire coaching career.

11. OU_Sooners75

LMAO....okay....and how long have you watched football? been a Sooner fan?

have you ever played football beyond junior high...and in your case, ill make an exception...ever?

Have you have been around what goes on...at any level?

injuries...How many injuries did we have on the OL? RB? WR? DL? DB? LB? QB?

How many Seniors did we have the luxury of starting? Juniors? Sophomores? Freshman?

Answer these for me....Because all of this has a profound effect on the game.

When i was in HS...my coach told us..."for every freshman you start, you will lose an average of 1 game per freshman starting"....and if this is a fact....Stoops did a HELLUVA job.

CrimsonJim likes this.
  12. Collier11

injuries, schedule strength, qb situation, loss of players to NFL(11 I believe) and freshmen starting...all that and we still could have easily won 10 or 11, horrible job coach stoops, go stand in the corner!

13. OU_Sooners75

And we can tell you have no idea what you are actually talking about.

12 Freshmen.

Not one week with the same starters on the Oline until late into the season.

Peterson injuried.

3 Freshman WRs starting early in the season

1 freshman QB that was though into the fire.

virtually no depth at the DBs, LBs, and DL.

Seems to me, since i have played and coach this game...that he did a remarkable job!

FYI...if you had became a fan a year earlier....you would know taht Stoops worse season was 7-5 in 1999 and he had a lot more experience on that team than this one!

CrimsonJim likes this.
  14. OU_Sooners75

Oh and dont forget about losing a key coach almost every year since 1999.

I think 2002 was the only time we didnt!

CrimsonJim likes this.
  15. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

jkm the stolen pifwafwi SoonerFans.com Elite Member

okay, this thread is rolling downhill in a hurry. can we get a padlock?

16. NickZeppelin

NickZeppelin New Member

I keep hearing all this crap about playing so many freshman. Does anyone realize how much experience we had too? 4 OLinemen, 2 wrs, full back. 2 backup running backs, starting tight end, starting dtackle, starting linebacker, 2 corners that started most of the year. All seniors. Then you count in the starting running back, Thibs had some experience in 2004, Rufus was a proven star coming in pretty much. We had more experience on this team then anyone realizes. And most of it is gone now.

17. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

jkm the stolen pifwafwi SoonerFans.com Elite Member

nick, the difference between going 12-0 and 8-4 can be razor thin sometimes (see ohio state 2002).

18. NickZeppelin

NickZeppelin New Member

Except we weren't really in close games in 2 of the games we played and we had no offense for the most part against TCU. There was about 2 good drives all game, one ended in a fumble inside the 10.

19. OU_Sooners75

Ummmm...we only returned 2 Oline full time starters.
    Both WRs got hurt
    Both of the back up RBs got either hurt or suspended during the season.
    tightend...what the hell is that? we didnt utilize them like we should have.

<shakes head> wow....now will you answer the question....have you ever played football or even been a manager of a team?

Seriously...because I know you have no clue as to what you are talking about.

Opinion...that is all you have....no facts...because after a 2-3 start...guess what...that inexperience won 6 of the last 7...including a win over the then #6 team in the nation....If that is sucking....I would hate to see what you say if we finished the season 5-6 and bowl ineligible!

CrimsonJim likes this.
  20. OU_Sooners75

LMAO......and those 2 games would be?

i can think of one where we were in the game until late when sorry officiating came into play.

The other game was against a good Texass team.

Remember this Nick....OU lost to UCLA 41-24....and actually had a chance to tie the game in the fourth quarter, but the refs called a defensive holding that wasnt until after the INT....Compound this with 6 fumbles, 3 lost...and those 3 turned into points....yeah...we were in that game...more experience, we woudl have won easily.

CrimsonJim likes this.