1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Official 2008-2009 NHL Playoff Thread ***

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by SteelCitySooner, Apr 15, 2009.

1. GrapevineSooner

GrapevineSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

And I know Scott's thrilled that Brad Pronger...I mean Brad Niedermayer...I mean Brad Watson's been left off the officiating list for the Conference Finals.

Unlike the NBA, the NHL actually punishes brutal calls that matter late in games.

2. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Brad Niedermayer, now if only we can keep Dave Pronger er Jackson off the officiating list.

Tell me Dave Jackson doesn't look like Pronger, I dare ya. :)

3. GrapevineSooner

[​IMG]

I do see the resemblance.

Have Dave Jackson and Chris Pronger ever been seen in the same location? :D

4. Lott's Bandana

Lott's Bandana SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I don't speel them names so well, do I?

Sometimes I want to speel Hocky like I likes my Whisky.

5. Scott D

heh no worries. I still get annoyed by people wearing #91 Federov jersies. I mean the morons paid for someone to put that on there incorrectly.

6. GrapevineSooner

Dear Hawks,

It's a not a good idea to give the Wings 2-on-1's in OT. It's an even worse idea to give them 3-on-1's...that result because your forwards let up for just a second in the offensive zone.

Most of the time, I accept playoff losses and move on. Tonight was different. I haven't been this pissed off about a playoff loss in a long time because of how the game winning goal was given up.

7. Scott D

if it's any consolation, I'm not happy about how the game tying goal in the 3rd period was given up.

8. GrapevineSooner

I beg of your forgiveness, Nik Kronwall.

I was out for your blood last night. But then I saw this:

[​IMG]

I'd also like to add that if any Red Wing fan wants to be upset at last night's officiating crew, which included Dave Pronger, for not immediately calling this a penalty and only deciding to throw Kronwall out for the injury that resulted from the hit, you have every right to be upset.

Anyway, I'm happy that Chicago was able to win in OT after blowing that 3-0 lead in just over four minutes in the second.

And hopefully, Havlat can make a miracle comeback for Game 4. Not counting on it, mind you, based upon his injury history.

9. Scott D

Other than that being a totally blown call, I'm still pretty flabbergasted that Byfuglein didn't get more than 2 min for roughing for his reaction. He did come all the way across the ice to lay out Kronwall after the whistle.

I'm going to personally beat the **** out of Colin Campbell if he doesn't rescind the game misconduct. I'm pretty sure O'Halloran was the one that called it a game misconduct though. Brave man, considering he lives in Brighton, MI.

10. SoonerStormchaser

SoonerStormchaser Emma's Daddy!

Can anyone do a full funeral for my Canes? They're done!

That said...I am cheering for the Wings to beat the ever loving **** outta the Pens in the Cup Finals!

11. Scott D

please don't. I'd prefer to not have you jinx them. :)

12. GrapevineSooner

No self respecting hockey fan outside of Detroit should ever do such a thing. ;)

13. SoonerStormchaser

My formative years were spent in Ohio...guess what team was on ALL THE TIME for me to watch? That's right...Detroit. They're my 2nd team in the West (after Dallas). Carolina's my main team PERIOD...followed by Dallas, then Boston, then Detroit.

I even brought my Brind'Amour t-shirt and hat with me on this deployment.

14. SteelCitySooner

SteelCitySooner Well-Known Member

Pens have a good shot at it this year.. If anybody can beat Detroit, it's Pittsburgh.

15. GrapevineSooner

The rematch is official.

But not without a fight from my boys from Chi-Town. If only Huet could have played like this on Sunday. And if only his teammates could have shown more composure.

Ah well, getting to the WCF was about this team's limit. Hopefully they'll learn something from this trip (mostly about that composure thing), get a little better defensively, and roll the dice, again, next season.

As for the Finals, I've always been a Bill Guerin fan. And even if it means Gary's Baby Boy gets to kiss the cup, I hope Billy gets to kiss it as well.

16. Scott D

Definitely not a time for gloating or basking in the moment. Not too sure I like them moving the start of the finals up to this weekend although I understand it.

17. SoonerStormchaser

Wow...the refs have really buried their whistles tonight when it comes to that punk Malkin!

18. Scott D

They buried their whistles in general. But, I'll take a 3-1 win with no Datsyuk.

19. GrapevineSooner

They may not need Datsyuk if they continue to play the kind of suffocating defense they've played in their last three playoff games.

And Osgood continues to be the best money goaltender in the game.

20. SoonerStormchaser

Once again, the refs are ****ing up a perfectly good game by their bull**** calls and even more bull**** no-calls. Where the **** was that penalty they called that lead to Malkin's PP goal? There was no tripping...no interference...NOTHING! Meanwhile, Pitt is tripping all over the place...I've counted two cross-checks as well. Zetterberg should've been nailed for interference. But the no-calls are overwhelmingly favoring the Penguins.