1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Official 2008-2009 NHL Playoff Thread ***

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by SteelCitySooner, Apr 15, 2009.

1. SteelCitySooner

SteelCitySooner Well-Known Member

Another exciting playoff season is upon us. Playoffs open up tonight with the following series:

NY Rangers at Washington @ 7pm ET
    Philadelphia at Pittsburgh @ 7pm ET
    Carolina at Jersey @7:30pm ET
    St Louis at Vancouver @ 10:00pm ET

Gonna be a fun season. Lets go PENS!

2. SoonerStormchaser

SoonerStormchaser Emma's Daddy!

My Canes need lovin...so jump on the bandwagon all you disgruntled Stars fans!

3. SteelCitySooner

Pen's got game one. Good Lawd, I hate them flyers..

4. tulsaoilerfan

tulsaoilerfan Ready for Baseball Season

The NHL is dead to me without Dallas in the playoffs

5. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Chicago in the playoffs >>>>>>>>>>> Dallas or Pahoenix ever in the playoffs.

6. SteelCitySooner

Great game last night. Pen's win in OT. Up 2 games heading in to Philly tomorrow. :D

7. SoonerStormchaser

My Canes tied it up as well...

8. GrapevineSooner

GrapevineSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You know, I'm a little conflicted on that one. ;)

Love that the Hawks are back in the playoff mix for the first time since the mid 90's (those series against Colorado and St. Louis in 2002 don't count).

But still, there's something missing when the Stars aren't a part of things.

Anyway, I should have started this thread earlier to tell all you puckheads that the Sharks weren't making it out of the 2nd round, AGAIN.

I just never figured they'd say, "What the hell!" and go out in the first round in an epic fail.

9. SoonerStormchaser

Heh...I'm glad they're falling flat...and I hope the Caps join them.

My Canes had better win tonight...but at least I have the Bruins and the Wings to fall back on.

10. Scott D

Campbell Conference memories for me. Chicago v. Detroit was commonplace. then all these usurpers started showing up. Dallas, Colorado, Phoenix, Nashville, (Any team from California).

Man I wish the Original Six played each other more often.

At this stage, I don't know that anyone can slow down Boston much less stop them.

11. SteelCitySooner

One more game till the Pen's can put the Flyer scum to bed..

How about that last second goal against the Devils? Y'all think Broduer was interfered with?

12. Scott D

looked to me like Mar-tan ran into the Carolina player since he was a good foot away from the crease.

13. SoonerStormchaser

Holy ****ing ****balls Batman...Carolina won the whole damn series with two goals in the last 1:30!

Looks like it's my Canes vs. my Dad's Bruins in the 2nd round. Ugh...well, it was fun while it lasted.

14. SteelCitySooner

Pen's vs Caps in round 2! This is gonna be fun. Ovvy against Malkin... Two Ruskies that hate each other. Game on!

15. Lott's Bandana

Lott's Bandana SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Def Champs hold the Ducks dangling until the very end, then like a cat toying with a mouse's existence...

Chomp.

Game 1 Wings 3-2

16. GrapevineSooner

GrapevineSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Ovechkin and Gary's Baby Boy each had hat tricks last night.

But David Steckel also scored and so the Caps give the boys from Steeltown the business and go up 2-0, champ!

17. SoonerStormchaser

****ING CAPS!!! I HATE OVECHKIN (but will give my props to him as a great player).

I'm just happy my Canes got out of Beantown with a split. Now if they can win out at home, I will be EXTREMELY happy!

18. Lott's Bandana

Lott's Bandana SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Quackers came back on the Champs and evened the series in 3OT.

Deh-twah's got a fight on their hands.

19. Scott D

See, I like Ovechkin and honestly can't stand Crosby. I think Alex is good for the game, and he's everything Don Cherry swears a Euro trained player isn't.

To me, the Ovechkin v. Crosby thing is manufactured by the NHL. The real rivalry is Ovechkin v. Malkin. Ironically the two best players on the two teams in that series.

p.s. Chris Pronger can still suck it.

20. SoonerStormchaser

Wow...Detroit got royally effed in the eh by the ice zebras tonight.