1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norman Regional and other Ncaa notes

Discussion in 'Sooner Baseball, Softball, etc.' started by Collier11, May 25, 2009.

1. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

makin any kind of a comeback yet, I cant get the link to work?

2. SoonerShark

SoonerShark New Member

How sad...blown out by Pigmentations two nights in a row. We had 0 hits beginning the 9th and we were down 11-0.

3. nighttrain12

nighttrain12 Well-Known Member

Wow, Texas was trailing 10-6 going into the bottom of the 9th. They scored 4 runs to tie it up and then loaded the bases and then hit a grandslam homer to win the game and their regional.

The only other Big 12 teams alive are Okla. State and K-St who have 1 loss each and play their regionals #1 seed on Monday night for the right to go to the Super Regionals.

JLEW1818 likes this.
  4. jadubya

jadubya New Member

/\ and that is the difference between being there (UT) and delivering in the big moment........and trying to get there (us) to perform when it is all on the line.

I can't say that I am shocked by losing to Arky in this regional....but we were horrible at the plate. I hate the fact that we were given a national seed, that we didn't deserve IMO (FSU or Ole Miss).......and then just get BLOWN OUT in 2 games against Arky. It was never even close.

Arky bats were on fire. Our pitching was shaky and our offense was absent. Pretty simple....

5. Collier11

inconsistency has been our problem all year long

6. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The good news is that it looks like we could have nearly everybody back next year except Wise and Harughty.

7. Collier11

Richards might go

8. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yeah, I'm just saying potentially.

9. nighttrain12

nighttrain12 Well-Known Member

Thank God, the Aggies lost 6-5 to Clemson on Monday so they don't go to the Super Regional. That would have been embarrassing if they made it and we didn't.

JLEW1818 likes this.
  10. arnold

arnold New Member

know how the pairings work?? i'd love to get matched up with the TCU regional.