1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norman Regional and other Ncaa notes

Discussion in 'Sooner Baseball, Softball, etc.' started by Collier11, May 25, 2009.

1. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We are the #7 overall seed, Texas is the #1 overall seed

#1 OU
    #2 Arkansas
    #3 Washington St
    #4 Wichita St

Big 12 Schools

OU #1 seed in Norman regional
    Texas #1 seed in Austin regional
    A&M #2 seed in the TCU regional
    OSU #3 seed in the Clemson regional :eek: I guess TT wasnt eligible due to an overall losing record?

Kansas #3 seed in the Chapel Hill regional
    Missouri is the #2 seed in the Oxford regional
    Kansas St #2 seed in the Houston regional 1st Ncaa tourney appearance ever
    Baylor #3 seed in the Baton Rouge regional

Last edited: May 25, 2009
  2. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

lol 8 out of 10 big 12 team in... hmm...

3. OUsooner1

OUsooner1 Active Member

know how the pairings work?? i'd love to get matched up with the TCU regional.

4. OUsooner1

OUsooner1 Active Member

guess it helps that the leader of the selection committee is from the big12

5. SoonerShark

SoonerShark New Member

OSU had a high RPI, 26. It won the Tech series the last week of the season. OU's RPI was only 16 or so.

6. jadubya

jadubya New Member

TALLAHASSEE
    --
    1. Florida State
    4. Marist

2. Georgia
    3. Ohio State

NORMAN
    --
    1. Oklahoma
    4. Wichita State

2. Arkansas
    3. Washington State

This is how we are paired up boys....wow...4 really solid teams in our regional. I am SHOCKED that we got a National seed....if we find a way to win this....then I really like our chances with either Georgia or FSU coming to Norman.

RE: Committee and Big 12....time for us to represent. If OSU gets hot...they will could take that regional. The Fullerton regional is a complete joke. Talk about a gift to the Supers!

7. Collier11

We have a good regional at home, if it were in arky I would be worried but we need to win this

8. OUsooner1

OUsooner1 Active Member

well, let's do it again fellas.

[​IMG]

9. nighttrain12

nighttrain12 Well-Known Member

How do super regional hosts get determined? I know OU has to win their regional first but does being a 7th overall seed guarantee or just help our chances at being a super regional host?

10. jadubya

jadubya New Member

WE ARE the super regional host as a National seed IF we win our regional. Plain and simple.

Take care of business this weekend and then hopefully kick FSU or Georgia's @$$ in Norman on the road to Omaha.

11. Collier11

it does set up well for us, we just need our bats to go crazy and our pitching to hold steady

12. soonerguild

soonerguild New Member

It guarantees that if we win our regional that we get to host a super. That is the only significance to being a top 8 national seed. If one of the top 8 losses, then it goes to the highest remaining seed. I'm pretty sure that it is like basketball in the sense that it is really a 1-64 seeding thing, they just split them up and what not. Having a top 8 seed is HUGE!!

BOOMER SOONER

13. Sooner95

Sooner95 Well-Known Member

Ardmore_Sooner likes this.
  14. soonerguild

soonerguild New Member

I can't believe that the sheep humpers and the fighting baptist's got in. oswho won 2 of 9 conference series, and baylor ended the year getting swept in their last 3 conference series, including against last place Nebraska. Unbelievable!

15. jadubya

jadubya New Member

OSU had an RPI of #26. Baylor played their way in this weekend by beating Texas. I have NO problem with Baylor getting in....but I was shocked about OSU.

16. Ardmore_Sooner

Ardmore_Sooner New Member

17. nighttrain12

18. Sooner95

Sooner95 Well-Known Member

19. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner New Member

It was announced up here today that SS Tyler Grimes (the Shocks leading hitter) is out for the post-season with a hairline fracture of the wrist.

20. nighttrain12

S.PadreIsl.Sooner likes this.