1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Landry Jones Returning...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by stoops the eternal pimp, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Sooner Born Sooner Bred

Sooner Born Sooner Bred SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Waiting for the haters to jump off the Schooner. . .

2. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Returning Big XII QB's

OU - Landry
    TT - Doege
    sa*et - Ash & McCoy
    KSU - Klein
    ISU - Barnett & Jantz
    KU - Webb

WV - Smith
    TCU - Pachall

3. MI Sooner

MI Sooner New Member

If LSU wins, they're a near-unanimous pre-season #1. If they don't, they're still #1.

Klein returns to KSU, right?

I think OU will be the favorite, followed by KSU and WVU, then TCU, Tex, OkSt, Bay, TTU, ISU, Kansas. The conference has a chance to be really good again next year.

4. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Is USC allowed to play for the MNC next year?

5. kevpks

kevpks New Member

I think so. Their window is probably pretty small because all of those scholarship limitations are a bout to hit. Then they'll have some five star starters but absolutely no depth.

6. BillyBall

BillyBall Well-Known Member

Yes they are bowl eligible next year, might be a reason Barkley came back.

7. Eielson

The conference looks worse to me unless Texas can make a comeback. I don't see RGIII or Blackmon/Weeden being replaced or WVU/TCU being an improvement to Mizzou/A&M. Of course, looking at our bowl record this year, we might've been better than we thought.

8. cvsooner

cvsooner Well-Known Member

RGIII's backup looked pretty good when I saw him play. He's going to surprise people. Geno Smith is the real deal too...RGIII's doppelganger. WVU will be tough. Big 12 title game may be us and OU/WVU, assuming of course 'eers can get their legal problems resolved. TCU will be no pushover, and neither will KSU.

9. Lott's Bandana

Lott's Bandana SoonerFans.com Elite Member

FWIW
    Oregon v. USC is Nov 3rd in LA.

Doesn't matter what happens with other teams. We win our games, we will be just fine. I learned this painful lesson for the millionth time this season.

10. Eielson

He can either spend a year sitting out due to transfer or spend a year being Landry's backup. That latter sounds better to me...unless of course Bell looks like he will beat him out.

11. oumartin

oumartin New Member

I've been hearing drew won't transfer.

12. soonervegas

soonervegas New Member

The only thing that separates LJ from a 4-0 bowl record now is the Holiday or Alamo....

sooneron likes this.
  13. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

^This. It will be the first real shot for him at the conference. USC was down his FR year and on probation the other 2. 'SC looks pretty loaded for next year and the only impact from the sanctions will be the upcoming '12 class.

14. SoonerNomad

SoonerNomad New Member

Lott is correct. All the preseason trumping up in the world doesn't make you immune from falling from grace if you don't win the games you are supposed to win. LSU and Alabama are where they are because they won the games they were supposed to win. OU would be playing for the title if it had done the same and so would OSU. Oregon is the only team on the outside that lost only one game against a superior team in a less than neutral setting and couldn't recover.

OU was the media darling in August. Next year's media darlings will have to earn their stripes in the fall.

15. EatLeadCommie

EatLeadCommie New Member

And so it begins. We become preseason favorites, get hyped out the yinyang, and then fail to meet expectations because we have the same weak links in the chain that we've had for years now. Countdown to the meltdown...

16. EatLeadCommie

EatLeadCommie New Member

Unless my math is wrong, we're still only going to have 10 teams in the league next year with the addition of TCU and WVU and the loss of aTm and Mizzou. No title game.

17. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Wrong. You could argue OU should have beaten TT and Baylor, but not OSU - so they wouldn't be there. The Ducks also lost to USC at home.

18. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We should be ranked in the 10-20 range until we prove otherwise.

19. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

we'll be #6 or #7

20. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Lsu, Bama, Ore, Usc, georgia, Ark, Osu, Wvu, Fsu, Notre dame, Clem, Mich, Mich st.,Wisc, Cal, and maybe Kstate will be ranked around or higher than us next year in my opinion. I'd be really surprised if we got that much respect to be in the Top 10 preseason.