1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Landry Jones Returning...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by stoops the eternal pimp, Jan 5, 2012.

1. thecrimsoncrusader

thecrimsoncrusader New Member

2. One to an Oklahoma Sooner and the other to the other team. Next.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  2. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That is absolutely speculation.

3. thecrimsoncrusader

thecrimsoncrusader New Member

Not based on the previous 3 seasons with Landry at QB.

4. Eielson

That doesn't make it a fact.

I'd also like to mention that Sam never lost less than two games.

5. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

How many passes did Bradford complete before his first start? What about Thompson, or white or any other first year starter?

6. Crimsontothecore

Crimsontothecore New Member

This is the most idiotic reasoning I've ever heard. Landry and the depleted offense scored 38 in loses to tech and baylor. The osu game was the only game where the offense didn't score enough to win the game. To ignore Landry's accomplishments over the last three years and say that you would rather "gamble with the unknown" shows that you are totally clueless. Landry is an excellent QB and has already proven he can lead this team to championships with a 3-0 bowl record and a Big12 title. I am so thankful some of you morons aren't making the coaching decisions.

Eielson likes this.
  7. BigTip

BigTip Well-Known Member

Yards given up by Sooner defense

Tech: 572
    Baylor: 616
    OSU: 495

Gawd damn Landry Jones!!

There are about 70 FBS teams that would give up a nut for our 10-3 season.

8. Eielson

I would take Landry next year over the 2001 Jason White.

I'd probably take 2007 Bradford over Landry...but let's be honest, Bell/Allen aren't going to be able to hold a candle to Bradford. Bradford might just be the best freshman quarterback of all time.

I'd take Landry over 2005 Thompson.

Landry over 2005 Bomar.

Landry over 2001 Hybl.

9. BigTip

BigTip Well-Known Member

He is capable of doing it. He has had some great games. So get consistent, get some defense to back up his efforts, get lucky on injuries. There's no reason not to do great.

10. soonercoop1

soonercoop1 New Member

Let's be honest that we have little idea how Bell or Allen will do as LJ has gotten all the reps...would like to see LJ do well in the NFL and OU starting a new chapter at QB next season myself...

11. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I love how anyone can say something wouldn't happen with someone else in the game. Maybe it was just fate? Maybe the football gods saw the internal issues and said they needed to get exposed so they will get magnified and corrected? Maybe the losses were just suppose to happen?

Whatever the case of what if may be, the facts are those things happened and nothing can be said or done to change them now! It's just time to let go and move forward!

12. Vegas Sooner

Vegas Sooner Member

Good news! We are lucky.

Did anyone hear that TX had to go after a juco QB who only had offers from UAB and Memphis?

13. Eielson

Whaley showed on the field that he was a much better pass blocker than Finch. This isn't like saying that Blake Bell is better than Landry even though we've only seen him throw 4 passes.

14. freshchris05

freshchris05 New Member

All I know is Whitney needs to start putting out. Our boy needs to relax...

15. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

[video=youtube;4BDqTF4v4aY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BDqTF4v4aY[/video]

16. Jason White's Third Knee

Jason White's Third Knee SoonerFans.com Elite Member

LJ IS a weak scrambler. He throws an occasional high ball.

This bs about him getting rattled is ludicrous. I has seen more drops from money passes this year than ever and the kid is still breaking records.

You people like sam's charisma. His game play was great but I don't see this big drop off in qb play from LJ.

It's the same reason the best looking guy wins the presidency every year. Charisma.

The 3 games OU lost this year could have been cut to one EASILY if our d had given the team a little help. Their
    Performance was abysmal.

Get a grip. A heisman caliber qb is starting for OU this year and I
    Am glad he doesn't do the little braveheart-esque tirades ala tim tebow.

Freeeeeeedooooooommmmmm!!!!!

Bah!

17. oumartin

oumartin New Member

Winner!

18. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

I think I negged about a half-million mother****ers in this thread. I think.

cccasooner2 likes this.
  19. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So true, but Sam didn't have a seasoned vet in front of him. Are you saying Blake Bell is Sam Bradford?

20. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Be careful Bro. Ya get yer spekker broke By Phil.:very_drunk: