1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Landry Jones Returning...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by stoops the eternal pimp, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yea we're better in the 4-3. Wayyyy better.

2. llsooner7

llsooner7 New Member

Anybody who thinks we have a better shot at winning this year without LJ is delusional. But I sure hope he plays with a chip on his shoulder. OU should view the year as a shot at redemption.

3. thecrimsoncrusader

thecrimsoncrusader New Member

That's speculation. It's probably not speculation that Oklahoma will lose at least 2 games next season along with him throwing about 14 interceptions just as he has done the previous three years of his career. While the capabilities of Allen and Bell are unknowns, that is not the case with Jones and he has probably peaked given that he is a junior, so it's hard to be opitmistic about next season with him leading the team. I would rather gamble with the unknowns since the known isn't going to do much for Oklahoma next season.

4. possumfat

possumfat New Member

I view it as a positive he is staying "if" we can establish a consistent running game.

5. OULenexaman

OULenexaman New Member

This should throw a wrench into the Redskins draft......I was thinking LJ was high on the radar there.

6. BulverdeSooner

BulverdeSooner New Member

DAMMIT LANDRY, PLEASE LEARN THE FOLLOWING THREE WORDS, THEIR MEANING, AND THEIR APPLICATION...FOR STARTERS... (then you can work on the next 23 words and potentially removal of the cinder blocks.....)

LOOK -- OFF -- SAFETY

AND, PLEASE WRITE THE FOLLOWING PHRASE 23,999 times on the chalk board:

"I will not lock on to one receiver"

7. PDXsooner

PDXsooner Formerly OregonSooner

I sure hope Bob Stoops reads these forums, he could save time evaluating the QB competition live and in person, and just come here to find out which QB is better.

Landry coming back is great news, even though he's no Bradford. If he had the D's that Hybl and White had he would have been 11-1 this year...

8. thecrimsoncrusader

thecrimsoncrusader New Member

7 offensive points in the 1st half set the tone for that game as much as the poor defensive showing did. 10-2.

9. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

True. The only game the offense didn't show up for was Ok state.

The Defense is where the problems are.

10. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

They may trade up to get RG3. Have to get past the Browns though.

11. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

Hasn't this largely been true for a long time now? Must be mere coincidence. ;)

12. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Wrong. 6 three-and-outs in a row against TT along with 7 points in the first 2.5 quarters. By the time the O started playing ball, the clock was as big an enemy as TT. Very few teams have a defense good enough to be stranded out there like that (maybe only 2). And certainly not ours. The final score was very misleading of how lame the offense was - that loss was truly a team effort.

13. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

38 points should've been more than enough to beat Tech regardless of how. But I do agree the defense prob was tired due to all the 3 and outs.

But I am right in that the defense blows and if they got their act together, Landry could win a title.

14. OULenexaman

OULenexaman New Member

I'm hearing the Browns really aren't quite sold yet on Colt 45 being their guy....they pose a hurdle.

15. colleyvillesooner

That's what I meant. Have to get ahead of the Browns, so to 2 or 3. Redskins have a TON of picks to trade this year.

16. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

How many passes has Blake Bell completed in D-1 football?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen to your answer.

17. colleyvillesooner

Exactly. How many fan bases would scoff at the return of the schools ALL TIME Passing leader in Touchdowns & Yards (BY A MILE, literally after next year) for his Senior season.

I really hate us sometimes

18. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We have a new mix of receivers coming in and I'm pretty confident we can fix the "where's Broyles?" problem.
    I know he had some pathetic fumbles at oSu but he also had some pathetic dropped passes.

19. soonercastor

soonercastor New Member

This is the "safer" route for us, guarantees we'll have an alright season but probably just that. A gamble with LJ leaving could be either a huge disaster or a great success. With LJ we guarantee there won't be a disaster next year. The D was the main problem early on but that change rather quickly after Broyles went down and both sides started sucking. I just hope for a better D.

This is also pretty big, recruiting wise.

20. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

With Whaley in there, the first fumble doesn't even happen. If I remember correctly, Finch didn't even put a hand on the blitzing LB. I didn't watch much of the second half, but Landry was playing great in the first half. You can't do much more than hit the WR's in the hands.