1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i think we've been more than patient with l-boy

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by jkm the stolen pifwafwi, Jan 3, 2009.

1. L-Boy

L-Boy New Member

I don't recall the specifics of what you posted, but repost or link them and I will address them.

Trying to pump up Tebow's pro status is of no use to me - I'll call it like I see it. Obviously a lot of the so called experts don't like the following:

- He has somewhat slow release
    - His mechanics are a bit odd.
    - He rarely takes ball from under center using spread
    - He throws a somewhat wobbly ball.

I suspect those things will keep him from being an early first rounder - my guess he would go second round, or maybe very late first round.

Do I think he has pro potential - yes, maybe. I tend to look at him in the mold of a Dante Culpepper (somebody else posted this, I think but I have posted this before). He has the physical skills, arm strength, can pass, has accuracy and is mobile and is sturdy. Culpepper has had mixed results, but I think that has mainly been because he's not the brightest bell of the ball. While Tebow may not be a rocket scientist, I think he has a good football head about him.

So I suspect somebody will take him on the hope that with a couple of years development his mechanics and certain skills can be addressed. He is probably not a guy you are going to stick as a starter season one and get desired results. The speed of the NFL game is so much faster than college, and most of these QB's get rid of it really fast. However, I do think Tebow's toughness and physical skills keep him around the league at least a few years.

I suspect Tebow plays his senior year and doesn't go to the draft.

I don't know if that addresses your questions or not, if not, let me know what they are.

If you feel the need to ban me, that is fine.

2. CrimsonJim

CrimsonJim Well-Known Member

Yes sir, but since the initial poll, most of the other reptiles have learned a touch of respect - I've actually enjoyed reading most of their posts. This vile varment on the other hand......not so much. :mad:

3. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

that's not bad, best response I've seen so far in regards to his status. However, if he's going to be a developmental player then he may not even be a first day pick (this April or the following April). Now, do you think he's pig headed enough to declare for this year's draft just to try and prove everyone wrong?

I would say if he does so, then he's got "little brother syndrome" so bad he'll never grow out of it.

4. L-Boy

L-Boy New Member

I just think he has enough physical tools to be attractive enough to go in the first 3 rounds (I have not followed the actual draft last couple of years, is it still 3 rounds first day, or less?)

I don't personally know Tebow so I can't say what his motives are, but Tebow has a lot of interests outside of football, is a VERY religious guy, his dad is a minister and runs missions, and is obviously very well grounded. I don't think he will feel the need to run to the money given his value system. Is it possible that he would be motivated by the naysayers on his pro status, absolutely, he seems to use things like that to get him charged up. Would he let that motivation get so out of control that it would override all of his other values, such that he goes pro early just to prove everybody wrong? No, I don't see that.

5. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

nOOb :rolleyes:

6. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Ive heard all the "Tim Circumcised " I aint kept up . WTF is that all about ?

7. 1890MilesToNorman

1890MilesToNorman New Member

I hear Tim will be placed in the remedial QB class if he decides to go pro.

Just sayin,

8. adoniijahsooner

adoniijahsooner New Member

Apparently King Saul ordered him to cut the foreskins off of a 100 Philistines; but Tebow misunderstood, and went to the Philippines.

CrimsonJim likes this.
  9. BigRedJed

BigRedJed Mmm... ...ribs.

He'll make someone a nice fullback.

10. BigRedJed

BigRedJed Mmm... ...ribs.

What? They have fullbacks in the NFL...

11. Hot Rod

Hot Rod New Member

God moves in mysterious ways and sometimes people do misunderstand 'em.

12. 1890MilesToNorman

1890MilesToNorman New Member

Fixed

adoniijahsooner likes this.
  13. adoniijahsooner

Well of course if you are screaming with endzone paint in your ears, It is understandable.

14. adoniijahsooner

Seriously, I have had my share of run in with L-boy, so either he gets banned or we have a roast.

15. CrimsonJim

CrimsonJim Well-Known Member

If all his posts were like the ones in this thread, I'd say let him stay. BUT, if you look at his past posts, kinda makes me wonder if he's bipolar. :D

I say the good L-Boy can stay. The evil L-Boy must go.

16. Vaevictis

Vaevictis SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Not on his own behalf anyway. On the other hand, all those good works he likes to do take money, and he could fund quite a few of them on an NFL'ers salary.

17. MiccoMacey

MiccoMacey Well-Known Member

Little Wing...Nick Zepplin...L-Boy

18. Iam4OUru

Iam4OUru New Member

What is "spek"? I'm assumin' it has something to do with the green (or red) bars to the left of the posts?

:confused:

19. SoonerStormchaser

SoonerStormchaser Emma's Daddy!

The first rule about spek is...

20. tulsaoilerfan

tulsaoilerfan Ready for Baseball Season

Yup, and u can't complain if you get negged(red) or your *** will be shipped off to bolivia for a few days. :)