1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey, people that go to the games

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by tbl, Oct 21, 2006.

1. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

i thought :dolemite: was going to cry ;)

if i can watch us lose in KC in THAT cold, this was nothing to watch us win :D

i went down at halftime and it was packed with people not in line for the john or food, just down there hiding from the wind.

one of the game recaps i saw said 40 degree wind chill, pretty rough when you aren't expecting it, i was figuring it was somewhere in the upper 30's from how cold i was

glad i brought a beanie and gloves :D

2. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

i think most could have handled the cold, i just dont think most came prepared for how bad it was

3. Boarder

Boarder Yacht Rocker

At KC I had better pants, more shirts, bigger gloves and was ready for it. Had I been dressed the same here it would have been nothing.

BY THE WAY......I HOPE EVERY ONE OF YOU FREAKING MORON STUPID IDIOTIC POOPHEADS WHO ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT LET GO OF THE FACT IT'S NO LONGER SUMMER AND HAVE TO WEAR SHORTS GOT FROSTBITE! PUT ON SOME PANTS! PANTS NOW! DON'T WEAR A COAT AND SHORTS! PUT ON PANTS! PANTS I SAY!

that really bugs me if you couldn't tell.

4. sas

sas New Member

Short temper.

5. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

yeah, it was a bit unexpected, i was still wearing like half of what i was in KC and i was not near as cold this time

but jeans were a bit overmatched last night

i need to start figuring out what to bring to the Mizzou game, i wonder how bad it will be there

6. GottaHavePride

GottaHavePride Brewmaster

UnderArmour ColdGear. YWIA.

7. GottaHavePride

GottaHavePride Brewmaster

[​IMG]

8. tbl

tbl SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I went to the Iowa State game in 02 (whatever game it was we shut down the Heisman hopeful), and not only was it cold & windy, it was raining too. Cold, nasty rain. I stayed till the last second, and it was a shutout. Maybe that's just me...

I understand if we're talking the last couple of minutes, but the shot I saw was towards the beginning of the 4th quarter.

9. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

we did kill ISU and dash Seneca Wallace's Heisman hopes, but it wasn't a shutout (close though)

it wasn't nearly as cold that day though

(we were also still in NC contention at that point, possibly ranked #1)

EDIT: ok, #2

10. noobalicious

noobalicious New Member

I think some of you need to let go of this whole issue. If the thing that really gets under your skin is people leaving a football game early then you've clearly lost your perspective.

Where's the picture of the dead horse getting beaten?

11. tbl

tbl SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Sorry, it wasn't literally a shutout, but the game was over at the half, there's no doubt about that.

There is no way possible the weather last night was worse than that game. Even if it wasn't as cold (which I still question), the added rain element trumps everything. You can put on more coats for the cold, but the cold rain straight up sucked.

So I'm assuming since you point out that we were still in NC contention for 02 Iowa State that the fair weather fans were willing to stay for that one and not last night? It looks as though that term has real world meaning nad not just figurative. ;)

12. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

it was a lot easier to stay for that game than last night's game... we were trying to see if we could keep someone down to 0 passing yards and negative total yards :D

the recap is pretty funny, that first half was brutal:

http://soonerstats.com/fb/games/recap.cfm?GameID=1053

sadly they didn't mention the rain or temps :D

13. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

of course, i don't leave early, the new rules make the game too short as it is ;)

14. Sooner24

Sooner24 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Most Oklahomans are wussies. Last night wasn't even close to being cold. Cold is in the mid 30's on down and a major wind chill. I hear people here in Ardmore gripe when it's in the low 50's because it's so cold. :rolleyes:

BTW stayed for the whole game last night just as I did in KC 2000, Norman at the 1993 K-State game just as I did at Nebraska in 1982 when the high for the day was 24 with a 25 mph wind.

Big babies.

15. mrowl

mrowl SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I didn't leave early, but the weatherman lied his *** off Friday night.

No where on newsok.com did it say freeze your *** off wind.

damn you jokelahoman.

16. proud gonzo

proud gonzo SoonerFans.com Elite Member

yeah, it's totally my duty to stay at a game and get frickin hypothermia just so you don't have to see a pathetically empty stadium on tv. maybe you don't get it because your a5s was at home instead of in the stadium. jesus christ.

17. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Being from South Dakota, I'd argue that -20 with a 20mph wind is cold. That is also one of the reasons I no longer live there.

18. Boarder

Boarder Yacht Rocker

Let me guess, you used to walk to school barefoot in the dead of winter 20 miles uphill each way and eat dirt for breakfast. And you liked it!

It is a bit ironic that someone at home is griping about people attending the game and leaving early.

19. bluedogok

bluedogok SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I hate the new aluminum seats, they remind me of the ones in Stoolwater or any number of high school stadiums. They are cold and never warm up like the old fiberglass covered wood benches that used to be there.

I know we will pack cold weather gear when we come up there for the Tech game, I have seen too many of those warm day, cold night games and even some warm morning, cold day games.

It was nice the day of the Ice Bowl in Stoolwater......

20. Sooner24

Sooner24 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

No it was dirt for lunch. We were so poor we never ate breakfast. :(

;)