1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey, people that go to the games

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by tbl, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Sooner24

Sooner24 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I have spent many weeks in Ohio in Jan and Feb and have encountered similar weather. Most people in Oklahoma don't even know what cold is. :hot:

2. OUTrumpet

OUTrumpet New Member

Student side wasn't as bad as press box side. Granted, it was bad, but the west side (the upper deck was almost completely empty) was awful too. Don't just blame the students.

Best people that stayed seemed to be the North end zone. South was pretty bad, but they had the wind.

Football season comes once a year. I have no idea why some people are like "I can't wait till football season" then once it gets here leave at halftime/3rd quarter and be like "I wanted to beat the traffic/get drunk/be lame, etc"

3. Sooner24

NEZ pwns the Fock!!!

4. Rhino

Rhino Awesoministrator

I'M TOUGHER THAN YOU BECAUSE I STAYED THE WHOLE GAME IN THE COLD!!

BOW BEFORE MY FOOTBALL WATCHING PROWESS!!

RAWR!!

5. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

I cuddled with my Wife.

We later cuddled some more after TURNING THE FURNACE ON AT OUR HOUSE! :D

6. Big Red Ron

Big Red Ron SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Here's to you Mr. stay at home and bitch about people that actually go to the game guy.

Mr. stay at home and bitch about people that actually go to the gaaaame Guuuy.

You could have gotten off of your lazy azz and supported your team in the cold. But you knew better.

7. westcoast_sooner

westcoast_sooner Well-Known Member

OK - I'll weigh in. I live in California and spend many an evening sitting watching the SF Giants. Now for those of you who have never been to the beautiful (but somewhat crazy) city of San Francisco, a typical night baseball game in JULY is usually in the high 40s or low 50s for the first pitch.

In short, we know to take a jacket, and wear what we need to wear in order to stay warm. Sometimes that means blankets, sweatshirts under the jackets, and some even wear parkas, if they are from some warm weather climate.

We stay until the last pitch. Win or lose.

If I had tickets to last night's game, I would have stayed until the clock said 0:00. Cold or hot. Rain or shine. Stay until the game is over. The fact that the stands were half empty before the game was over made me mad, made it look like a Dodgers game in the 7th.

8. Rhino

Rhino Awesoministrator

BOW BEFORE MY FOOTBALL WATCHING PROWESS!!

RAWR!!

9. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

nobody has EVER left a Giants game before the end......EVER!!!!!!:rolleyes:

10. westcoast_sooner

westcoast_sooner Well-Known Member

Look, all I'm saying is that in this day and age, when we have Internet weather, weather channels on TV, weather reports in between stuff about the Sooners on the radio, old age arthiritcs that felt an achy knee every time it's fixin' to have a cold front move through, there had to be some way for the vast majority of fans to bring a coat, hat, blanket, whatever to the game last night.

We expect the players to play for 60 minutes, the least the fans can do is be there to support them for the ENTIRE game.

11. Boarder

Boarder Yacht Rocker

Listen, they said on the news the night before that a cold front was coming through. It would be in the 50's with some wind. No problem. they failed to mention that it would be a massively hard blowing wind and it would feel very cold.

Which is strange since they tell us a week in advance if there's a .0000000001% chance of a clap of thunder.

I did bring a heavy coat but i seriously thought I'd be holding it the whole night. I did watch the weather and they just didn't say how it was going to be.

Say you had no idea how it would be and showed up to said Giants game? What would you do then?

And really, in the end who cares? If people want to leave, fine. If you aren't there you can't say anything.

If you want t gripe, gripe about the band (and now some students) doing the stupid aggy arm waving crap.

12. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

i checked the daily oklahoman online before i left Dallas and it said it would be in the 50's to 60's.....sometimes weatherman are wrong, even in this day and age of internet weather

13. Sooner24

Good for you tough guy. :p

14. BigDeezy

BigDeezy New Member

I was totally unprepared for the weather. I had heard the weather report that it would be in the low to mid 50's, so I just brought a hooded sweatshirt over my short-sleeved polo. My God, I just about froze to death. Now I was at KC in the upper deck for the Big 12 game that was seriously cold, but I was prepared for that. I felt colder at yesterday's game than I have in a long, long time! By the way, I stayed for the whole game, but I sure understand why some may have left early. Don't criticize until you know what they may be experiencing.

15. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Ditto to this and Boarders post. It was colder and felt colder than any weather report I saw. We left with 3 mins left cause the little ones we took to their first ever game were freezing. And they were bundled up.

I felt bad for the people in the east upper deck. It was damn near empty in the second half and the flags up there never stopped ripping.

16. proud gonzo

proud gonzo SoonerFans.com Elite Member

17. boomer214

boomer214 New Member

ice bowl = cold

everything else = not as bad

18. flopshotjoe99

flopshotjoe99 New Member

guilty of leaving early in the 4th, but oh well. Checked the weather several times before leaving Dallas & no forecast mentioned what we experienced.

19. jwlynn64

jwlynn64 New Member

I stayed until we got up by three scores.

I've never left a game early before and if I had packed appropriately before leaving Dallas on Friday I probably wouldn't have left this game early.

Say what you want but I have two small kiddos that don't need both parents sick at the same time.

Kuddos to all those who stayed. It was a very miserable night weather wise.

By the way, this game was a lot more entertaining that the Cottonbowl in 2001. I thought that our offense did pretty good except that we played very conservative in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. KW even said on the radio after the game that they probably didn't call the game as well as they should because they were worried about the wind.

20. RacerX

RacerX SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Wuss.