1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Oklahoma care??

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by boomrsoonr, Dec 11, 2006.

1. KingDavid

KingDavid Well-Known Member

Can someone get us a link where we can blast this idiot? I couldn't find a feed-back link. What a bone-head.

2. usmc-sooner

usmc-sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think you didn't quite get what she was saying

MamaMia likes this.
  3. Octavian

Octavian SoonerFans.com Elite Member

feed-back is exactly what he wants....don't feed the troll.

As for the article...

The Fiesta Bowl doesn't mean anything? I guarantee if we lose to Boise St., it'll mean a WHOLE lot.

As for recruiting, wouldn't hoisting another BCS trophy on national tv help us? Recruits would be more impressed with Adrian tearing it up and OU rolling than watching Adrian sign autographs in street clothes.

Coaches should bench players once they know they're going pro? Fabulous plan......Though, it may be safer for coaches to install rubber rooms for all 5-star recruits and never let them play or leave said rubber rooms....since playing 'em would be jeopardizing their future fortunes.

Well reasoned article supported by the sort of logic we've come to expect from the CFN staff. Well done, Pete.

4. Texas Golfer

Texas Golfer SoonerFans.com Elite Member

With this moron's logic, all seniors who have NFL dreams should be forbidden to suit up for bowl games.

Okieflyer likes this.
  5. Okieflyer

Okieflyer Well-Known Member

I guess everyone that might be drafted shouldn't play in bowl games. I think we have about 5 or 6 starters that fit that bill. Maybe Troy Smith shouldn't play in the National Championship game. It is just a game.

6. IronSooner

IronSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

What he leaves out is that Willis McGahee took out a gigantic insurance policy just before playing in that Fiesta Bowl. Smart move, no doubt. He was then drafted in the 1st round, became a starter in Buffalo, and is now a millionaire.

Peterson will play. Good luck holding him out. He's an adult, he knows the stakes, he knows the situation. Getting some insurance before doing so certainly wouldn't hurt.

7. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

money comes and goes. the rushing record at ou, however, is something worth more than money. with three heisman winners to compete against, it would be a true mark of a sooner legend to surpass these greats.

so, say that AD should go to the nfl if you want, but college football lasts but four years (or six if your name is Jason White), injuries happen (especially if you're Jason White), but this record is something that only one player can hold--- why not AD, after all he's done for OU?

HE DESERVES THE RECORD!!! LET HIM BREAK IT!!!!

8. OUfan7

OUfan7 New Member

This guy makes about as much sense as me not going to work since i'm going to retire one of these day's!!!

9. Big Red Ron

Big Red Ron SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This guy's gonna sheet when AD comes back to OU for his senior year.

10. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

if ad comes back, he can take out insurance like that bushy dude did.

11. Ash

Ash New Member

Bed sores man!

:eek:

[barryswitzer]shoulder injuries happen in football, it's not like he blew out a knee or something...anybody who knows football knows that...it won't affect what NFL teams think about him[/barryswitzer]

I'm paraphrasing of course, but that's essentially what he said on his radio show when asked about AD. Don't know about you guys, but I'd trust the King over Fiuckt.

12. Big Red Ron

Big Red Ron SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I've heard he's had one for almost two years now.

13. Sooner98

Sooner98 New Member

Where are the calls for Brady Quinn, or Jamarcus Russell, or (insert one of hundreds of other players' names here) to not play the bowl game, and get ready for the combine? Sheesh.

14. Wishboned

Wishboned New Member

I don't think that if the doctors have cleared him that there's any way you could stop AD from playing.

I don't believe for a second that AD is all about the money. He's a fierce competitor and he wants to get out there ad play.

Has this guy seen AD on the sideline? You can tell it was killing him not being out on that field.

15. BIG_IKE

BIG_IKE New Member

IF Playing against Boise State is gonna jeopardize his career then he does not need to be in the NFL. Same can be said about playing in NFL Pre-Season games. Should they sit him out then? NO. And they won't, in fact, as a rookie he'll get more reps than vets.

Football players play football....anything else is...well, uncivilized. This is an irrelevant discussion.

16. TUSooner

TUSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Fiutak's philosophy: "Today is meaningless."
    Words not to live by.
    If the guy wants to play, let him play!
    Fiutak is especially a wuss to suggest something so utterly stupid as "If AD plays, it shows Bob doesn't care about his players. Holy effing shibpt, Pete. AD is already skipping a whoile year of college (we all assume). Maybe he should have skipped college ball altogether after he showed he was good in his freshman year.
    Fiutak = bewb.

17. TripleOption14

TripleOption14 New Member

This is exactly why leaving maybe his best option. One's gotta grab it while its there. I think helping out of family would come first over OU records. Just my two pennies though.

18. Rock Hard Corn Frog

Rock Hard Corn Frog New Member

Wow! What a great piece of writing. If I were Fox sports I'd tell Fiutak to stop writing articles for them right now so he doesn't get writers cramp or carpel tunnel and to save all his energy on writing a Pulitzer Prize book to be read by the adoring masses. :rolleyes:

Really I think AD will be fine. It isn't like he is playing after having his 3rd or 4th concussion. He has been cleared by a doctor to play.

19. budbarrybob

budbarrybob New Member

wurd :mad:

20. bluedogok

bluedogok SoonerFans.com Elite Member

When I see articles by toads like this it always reminds me of the Toby Keith song "The Critic" where they get validation by the hate mail they get. Just change out the musician references for sports references and it is the same.