1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demarco Murray - 5 star RB

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by BillyBall, Jul 28, 2005.

1. 47straight

47straight New Member

I ***********hate************* to suggest this comparison, but look at how texas uses both Jamal Charles and Ramonce Taylor. 2 great RB's can share snaps with great effectiveness - esp. if Demarco is a good scatback/rb/wr, in the mold of the great Steve Sewell.

sooneron likes this.
  2. Soonerborn77

Soonerborn77 New Member

the good news is at least he won't be scared off thinking that we're a school that doesn't like to play freshman....

3. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think Demarco would be the best running back for OU to get. Even with McCoy, Johnson, Goodson, Wells, and some others being rated ahead of him. Whoever we get will have to play behind Peterson and he is the one that is the most different than AD.

4. jreed13

jreed13 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Murray is a stud. He should be our #1 target. The others cant really compare.

5. westcoast_sooner

westcoast_sooner Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great prospect. I hope we get him. Not trying to be a smart*** here, but any word on whether we'll have OL recruits to block for him and AD?

6. sooner13f

sooner13f New Member

Its starting to look better in the OL department, I think we will get 2-3 more to commit. I like Murray but I feel it is a big battle. USC, Florida, OU...I like Chris Brown from La. Either one would be great both would be crazy.

7. soonerdave79

soonerdave79 New Member

Only scored a 16 on his ACT according to Scout. That is no bueno.

8. sitzpinkler

sitzpinkler Active Member

9. OUGreg723

OUGreg723 New Member

Yeah that isnt good. I know you didnt mean aanything by it, but I dont think we should worry about that. That was his score the first time he took the test. Not everyone is a good standardized test taker. I only got a 19 the first time I took the stupid thing and then improved signifcantly the second time. I am just not a good standardized test taker. The kid could still be very smart. I hate standardized tests. They mean nothing in life. All that matters is that he is a good person and makes good decisions off the field.

10. Ardmore_Sooner

Ardmore_Sooner New Member

11. OUGreg723

OUGreg723 New Member

Man I really hope we get this guy. Ryan better be on the phone with his buddy ALOT!! Did'nt Murray camp at OU?? I thought he wanted to go to OU from the beginning. Dang USC...I hate them. I hope he can see the extremely bright future of OU football. He is sure to be on some very good teams in the near future if he chooses OU. SC is the program that may be rebuilding next year! Not OU! And even with AD, he should know that if you earn it you will see a good amount of PT no matter how old you are at OU. COME TO NORMAN DeMarco!!!

12. sitzpinkler

sitzpinkler Active Member

I know that, I don't have one either

I just figured people on here knew that site well enough to find Murray's profile and to list his favorites

13. sooner13f

sooner13f New Member

OU and USC...Florida is OUT!

14. BOOMERBRADLEY

BOOMERBRADLEY Well-Known Member

This could be good..... Or bad

Captain obvious huh ;)

15. JohnnyMack

JohnnyMack SoonerFans.com Elite Member

With Bush and White gone and Peterson returning, I wonder if we stand a chance?

16. BASSooner

BASSooner New Member

I think we do. Their are about 8 different running backs that have USC as their number 1 school to go to. One all purpose back surpassed Demarco not too long ago and he's really wanting to go to USC.

17. NickZeppelin

NickZeppelin New Member

White will be back at USC.

18. Harry Beanbag

Harry Beanbag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

USC is now recruiting him as a cornerback, so I would have to say OU is probably the favorite right now.

19. jreed13

jreed13 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yeah, I hope OU uses him just like ronnie brown next year. How tight would it be to have AD and murray in the same backfield. You could even have murray run out to the slot. Or pull a shula and once we break the huddle, have bomar run out to the slot and line up murray under center and run the option :D :D :D The possibilities are endless.

20. BASSooner

BASSooner New Member

OOOOO ok, well then he's a sooner.