1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demarco Murray - 5 star RB

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by BillyBall, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Mjcpr

Mjcpr SoonerFans.com Elite Member

'Gators lead after great visit' was the teaser I read at OUInsider regarding Demarco Murray. I'm sure our record this year isn't helping.

2. Ardmore_Sooner

Ardmore_Sooner New Member

Well if one bad year for a college decides where a player wants to go, I don't want them here.

3. snp

snp New Member

Gators lead, but early visits can be easily swayed if we can come overthetop. See, Myron Rolle

4. jreed13

jreed13 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That sucks. Why do people still want to go to Florida? Other than the location???

5. snp

snp New Member

I also love how the OU student paper did a piece on him today and neglected to mention any of that information I just posted. All they did was talk about his skills and that he is going to visit us and UCS.

The whole sports writers for that paper are kinda inept, except for my friend Rhett. Oh well, like there's many good professional sports writers, much less student sports writers.

6. Ardmore_Sooner

Ardmore_Sooner New Member

I hate reading the Oklahoma Daily. Most of it is all opinions and nothing else.

7. 101sooner

101sooner New Member

Ninja, maybe I'm way off base here, but that sure looks like a "premium board" cut-and-paste too me. Am I wrong? Is there some rule that I don't understand?

8. jccouger

jccouger Member

Hmm, It looks like we are gonna have to make his visit here that much better.

Lets hire some hookers.

9. snp

snp New Member

Yea, it was. I talked to Phil about it a while ago and he didn't seem to mind if I shared some info. I'm not going to be cutting and pasting everything out there for you guys, but if there's something that pertains to a discussion, then I'll post it.

At the other forum, somethingawful.com, I frequent, there is a stickyed thread that people request for scout, rivals, ESPN, etc.

Plus, like anyone checks our recruiting forum.

10. Brasky7

Brasky7 New Member

according to Rivals, Murray will not be in Norman for the official visit he had scheduled this weekend...

however, it's not cuz he's dropped us, he's sick, so sick in fact that he won't be playing this week for his team...

hopefully he can get well and get a visit rescheduled...

11. snp

snp New Member

Negative. He enjoyed his visit up here, and we're back to being tied with the leaders. Still early, and he still has some visits left.

Brasky7 likes this.
  12. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

visiting when 3 out of 5 running backs are injured is always helpful.

13. Brasky7

Brasky7 New Member

you're right, i just saw the link on there and i was pleasantly surprised...

but i'm not crazy, they had a story on there saying he was so sick he wasn't even going to play in his team's game this week... :confused:

oh well, he came to the game and enjoyed his visit...

October 20, 2005
    Murray's visit a no-go this weekend
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeremy Crabtree
    Rivals100.com

14. nBoSTP

nBoSTP New Member

I don't know if anyone cares because he isn't going to OU anyway probably but Lesean McCoy had a compound fracture of his ankle a couple of weeks ago.

15. Scott D

I think Penn State is in the driver's seat for McCoy because he wants to play where his parents can watch his home games.

16. snp

snp New Member

Espically after he got to watch PSU beat OSU. That place was crazy that night. It's gotta bode well for PSU.

17. Scott D

bumping this one...Farrell from Rivals seems to think he's all but a lock for us....then again, he thinks that USC is focusing far more on Lesean McCoy than on Murray.

18. pgagolfpro77

pgagolfpro77 New Member

I think that now that we have our O-line running much better, and now that AD and RB are starting to put it all together, that we have a MUCH better chance of landing this dude. If we can just beat Tceh, and then get a big time bowl game and win that, we should be in. Plus, the Gators blow...surely he'll realize that we have a MUCH better team than they do!! :)

19. westcoast_sooner

westcoast_sooner Well-Known Member

Let's hope that this Murray kid comes to OU. Everything I've heard about him sounds like a great player. He'd give AD some help, or he could redshirt until after AD goes pro. Sounds like another great back.

20. jreed13

jreed13 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If he came here he would take snaps along with AD. Hes too good to keep off the field.