1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College basketball meltdowns 2013

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by badger, Jan 9, 2013.

1. MsProudSooner

MsProudSooner New Member

What is a WT fanbase?

2. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

White Trash...is what I'm thinkin, cause ku folks are a bunch of snob a$$wipes...or at least the ones I went to HS with were. What's funny is there is prob MORE $ around OU than ku, from what I've seen.

3. Ton Loc

Ton Loc Well-Known Member

I also dislike fun and excited fans. Come on, we have something to cheer about in basketball. It has been awhile. I'll take the bad cheers with the winning.

Plus, Pledger and Fitzgerald getting a little misty after the game. Steven said he always wanted to experience fans rushing the court.

4. Soonerjeepman

dude, no one said that...lol...it's THAT particular cheer...I felt the same way...for any team, seems self deflating.

5. kevpks

kevpks New Member

We're not white trash. We're f'ing hillbillies. Get it right Kansas!

[​IMG]

6. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

I can't imagine what the hell Kansas has to be pretentious about.

7. NMSooner'80

NMSooner'80 Member

Good news is that OU pulled out with a big second half vs. the Aggettes today. Final was 80-61. Always good to pummel them in Bedlam, even if it's tiddlywinks.

I also hate the "Overrated!" chant. Something better would have been "One-Sport School!"

8. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I can't tell you all how happy I am that this basketball forum has life again. As such, have a bonus meltdown: Texas A&M lost to Georgia on Saturday but I was too busy laughing at the Big 12 to notice the Big 12 traitor:
    [​IMG]

9. MsProudSooner

MsProudSooner New Member

I was going to say we are multicultural trash - we don't discriminate!

10. Soonerjeepman

you've obviously haven't met a true ku fan...it's like they are Duke, Harvard, Yale...everyone is "beneath us"... want-a-bes...anyone with money goes to ku and is in a frat or sorority...that's what they think anyways.

11. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner New Member

I'll echo this firsthand. Anybody who thinks 'horn fans have a monopoly on arrogance, well, let's just say they haven't mingled with too many KU hoop fans. They don't call the place Snob Hill for no reason.

12. badger

I love finding images from the games that depict everyone as unflatteringly as possible... as such KSU couldn't do what we, TCU and Poke did:
    [​IMG]
    Be amazed at how two historically bad football programs talk endlessly about football...
    my head hurts. i'm gonna attempt a game thread later

13. badger

KSucks to be you...
    [​IMG]
    Note: All melty fanbases complain about the refs. Save this for future reference when watching OU bball games
    and then they start debating the trophies that the Big 12 issues for the tournament, regular season and comparing them with basketball and football. in short, these two deserve to be in the same state and i'm leaving their state on the internet before i get another migraine from it

PS: TCU doesn't give a sh!t about bball, so no meltdown from us beating them. Seriously, they had like two posts on killer frogs after beating Kansas.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  14. NMSooner'80

NMSooner'80 Member

It's too bad there were few, if any, OU basketball message boards in early 1993. When OU whipped OSU, in what was the last Bedlam game I've been able to see in person before I moved, the OU students really got after Bryant "Jethro" Reeves with signs and chants. Naturally, some bitter old Aggy lady called the talk shows and threw a fit because the students weren't ejected from the arena for that. All I could do was laugh.

I know it'll never happen, but the next time OU is getting ready to sweep OSU in men's basketball (by winning in Norman as the later game), the most accurant chant for Bedlam could be: "Penis Envy! Penis Envy!" But that's too un-PC, I'm sure.

15. badger

There were audible chants on TV of LNC serenading some opposing player "(player's name) is a f*ggot" awhile back :eek:

By the way, Kentucky's hope of salvaging this season guy injured last night. Couldn't happen to a nicer coach:
    [​IMG]
    a lot of apathy for a post-championship season over there. maybe the cali one-done model has made them "meh"

16. kevpks

kevpks New Member

Fingers crossed for a Poke meltdown tonight...and Saturday of course. Poke misery is comedy gold.

17. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

What Soonerjeepman said.

It's that particular chant that I don't like.

Maybe too because I've heard it toward the end of OU football games, when the Sooners lost. I just don't like that chant.

18. badger

Don't make me go modador. This thread is for OTHER fans to meltdown on the Internet, not this one.

Hell, I think the universe would implode if Sooner fans melted down on a SF.com meltdown thread.

Please, think of the universe

:p

19. Soonerjeepman

lol...but ya haven't put any new material up lately Badge...so we decided to go this route~ Baby badge can wait...we SOONER fans can't! :stupid:

20. badger

Oh, so the Kentucky meltdown I posted just a few hours prior didn't count? :p

Anyways, for the benefit of the two Poke fans (who will be irreversibly depressed this weekend), they beat apathetic tech... apaTECHic?

[​IMG]
    Note: It was Brown of course
    Note: They really were. The game sucked so much that I turned to American Idol
    I'll try to make the rounds around the Big 12 later today... Texas sadly won. Stupid whornbags