1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogging wimmens basketball

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by badger, Nov 27, 2009.

1. ELP Sooner

ELP Sooner New Member

I'll be in Lubbock with my famiy to see the Sooners play Tech on Jan 30. If anyone from the board is going to be there and wants to meet send a PM.

badger likes this.
  2. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

@ Iowa State @ 7 p.m. tonight. No TV, so looks like it's reportin' off the box scores :( Let's hope Carlee is working on her shooting.

Let's face it - whenever Sherri's teams encounter an opponent that has the words "Iowa" connected to "State" on the jersey, we are inevitably doomed, regardless of where they're ranked, regardless of how good we are.

Iowa State=Doom.

There have been few exceptions to this rule, so it's not a given, but Iowa State is the one game every year that I don't expect a win, unfortunately. It's tradition. It's bad luck. It's doom. It's Iowa State :(

3. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner New Member

The Guys are on a pretty good winning streak vs. ISU (5 or 6 IIRC, although they had to work their tails off in all but a couple of those), but I think that was due more to ISU being such a perimeter oriented team & not having an answer for the twins down low. I'll definitely be interested as to how this one turns out now that they're not there. For my money, Fennelly is one of, if not the best pure X's & O's coaches in the conference.

4. edie

edie New Member

50 FOULS!! 50! went back and checked previous 4 games. 45 - 28 - 37 -34. we always have a tough time with iowa state but with their slow pace of play and the dang whistle being blown every 30 seconds no wonder we couldn't get anything going.

oh well, i figured it was going to be this kind of season for us. no gimme's. i'll still be in norman on feb 3 to watch us beat tx.

5. badger

Alas, according to SS.com, we have lost 8 of the last 9 when playing on ISU's home court now with this most recent stumble :(

Like Edie said, 50 total fouls (28 against OU). This must have been a really boring game to watch with the ref blow(whistle)hards.

Because losses are so few and far between, let's give dishonorables to all players this time, shall we?

Stop turning over the d@mn ball award: Team. A total of 14 TO's, but no player had more than three (Carlee)

Do-something-other-than-score award: Ny. I am sure there is more than the box score is telling me because I know you're an awesome player, but a player as awesome as you should have more than one assist, more than one steal.

Turnover queen: Carlee. We love you Carlee and we are happy you found your shot. 3 turnovers, though...

Stop fouling so much award: D-Rob. It is hard to lead our fast-paced offense when you're on the bench with five fouls. I know the refs had their whistles shoved up their... hehe, family board here, so I won't continue...

All Day award: Tank Thompson. You had a double double. You had a solid game. Unfortunately, just like the coaches used to tell AD, we need you to be even better even if you're are playing pretty well. Hope we're not asking too much.

CP3-throw memorial award: Abi. 1-4. Not only are you only shooting four free throws, but you missed most of them... and you fouled out. Arrrrrrgh.

12-minute award: Lauren Willis. Just keep improving as your minutes improve. Value your time on the court as much as you value that scholarship that you earned a few Christmases ago.

No TO's award: Cloman. In your six minutes, you were a shining example to the rest of your teammates on how not to turn over the ball. Yay!

Assist award: Hartman. If you can lead the team in assists in just 18 minutes (with three), maybe you should be getting more minutes? Hartman was one of three Sooners to have a positive Assist-to-TO ratio.

Consistency award: Joanna McFarland. No matter how much you play or who the opponent is, you always have four fouls. No more, no less. Improve this stat and I foresee your minutes improving as well.

Up next is traveling to Texas Tech 2 p.m. Saturday, allegedly televised on SSN. We beat them in Norman in the conference opener 73-58 where it looked like we could do no wrong after awhile. Hopefully, we can start that way and continue through the rest of the game. Sherri has always complimented the Tech crowd and program, so I hope the team doesn't overlook the Lady Raiiiiiiiiiiderrrrrs.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  6. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Here's to consistency... :(

7. Sooner04

Sooner04 New Member

Nebraska went to Lubbock last night and beat the tortilla stuffing out of the Fightin' Swoopes's. Either they're not very good or Nebraska is REALLY good.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

8. bri

bri America's Sweetheart

Nebraska's REALLY good.

9. badger

If Tulsa survives this ice storm that's about to hit, I'll have to drive down for when the Lady Huskers visit.

10. ELP Sooner

ELP Sooner New Member

Please let me know if they cancel the game saturday. I will be leaving ELP at 5pm oklahoma time Friday for the BEAUTIFUL drive out there. LOL

11. Salt City Sooner

There are 2 undefeated teams left in WCBB. One is UConn. The other resides in Lincoln, Nebraska.

12. badger

Wins are the road are always tough in-conference.
    70-66
    In addition to a nail-biting game for the Sooners, the box score only records seven this time around. The hero of the game without question was Danielle "D-Rob" Robinson, who hit two key free throws with very little time left to pretty much seal the game. Since this was a good road and conference win, let's look at the positives first, shall we?

Non-foul happy award: Joanna McFarland. After being critical about her ability to foul four and only four times each game, she makes it through this game with zero fouls in 16 minutes. Heh.

CP3-throw memorial award (for drawing lots of foul shots): D-Rob. Shot 10 free throws... and made all 10, include two key ones to seal the victory.

Assist queen: D-Rob and Joanna (nickname TBD) were the only players on the team to have a positive assist-to-turnover ratio. Danielle had five assists.

And now, for areas of improvement:

Foul happy: "The Waitress" (4). Dislike that nickname, too.
    Turnover queen: "The Waitress" (5) Still dislike the nickname.
    Dude, where's the line?: Jasmine Hartman and Joanna McFarland were the only Sooners on the box score to not get to the free throw line at least once this game. Everyone else shot at least 50 percent. Overall, the entire team shot 18 for 20 from the line.

Player of the game: D-Rob. Getting to the line, scoring 26 points, having more assists than turnovers... wow. She even had three rebounds and three steals. She did it all.

Honorable mention: Carlee. She finally found her shot again and scored 14 points.

And since there's no postgame remarks, here's a quote from the Coale blog at SS.com:

EDIT: btw, Nebraska is still undefeated as they beat Colorado on Saturday. Here's betting they still don't get the No. 2 spot they deserve (behind 60-game win streakin' Puke-On UConn) in the polls come Monday.

13. Salt City Sooner

OSU just went down to College Station & came out w/ a win. A&M got 3 fouls on Riley in the 1st half, couldn't get her out of the game in the 2nd, & it came back to bite them as OSU rallied.

14. badger

As previously predicted, Nebraska is not getting the respect its undefeated record deserves.

Link

OU stayed at No. 13, because after all, we lost to ISU. UConn and it's 60-game winning streak stays at No. 1, but of course. Here are the Big 12 rankings:

4. Nebraska (placed behind UConn and two teams whose only loss is to UConn)
    10. Lady Pokes (On the road win against A&M raises your rankin')
    12. Laggies (with all of the conference losses, I'm surprised A&M continues to get the respect that Nebraska doesn't)
    13. Oklahoma
    15. Skeletor et al (Conference season really, really dropped Baylor fast)
    17. Texas sucks (Six losses tops the rankings again, but they still win against good opponents)
    22. Sherri's nemesis (Iowa State rewarded for beating us)

The more-important Big 12 rankings do not resemble the national poll at all!

1. Undefeated Nebraska (6-0, 19-0)
    2. Pokette (6-1, 18-3)
    3. OKLAHOMA! (5-2, 15-5)
    4. ISU (4-3, 16-4)
    5. A&M (3-3, 15-4)
    6. Whorn (3-3, 14-6)

Coming in at No. 9 is Baylor, with a very unimpressive 2-4 conference record. Like A&M, their ranking is off of reputation alone, which Nebraska lacks. Seriously. If OU, or Baylor, or Texas A&M, or Texas, or even OSU had the exact same results from the exact same schedule as Nebraska, you'd see them right next to UConn at the top, and even a few No. 1 votes from Husky haters (every program has haters, even in womens basketball). Alas, another week, more disrespect.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  15. bri

bri America's Sweetheart

Hi, how's it going? Um, quick question; how the F*CK do you have a job? We beat Tech, lost to ISU.

You make my head hurt.

16. badger

It's called a typo and everyone makes them. If you would like to take this over, be my guest. Seriously, your remarks upset me. I'm just doing this as a fan.

17. Sooner04

Sooner04 New Member

Who is the Waitress again?

18. badger

It's a nickname that Amanda Thompson was given in high school. I couldn't believe it when I first read it on SS.com. I thought it was OU sports marketing not trying hard enough at first, but then I saw it on her facebook or myspace or something.

19. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Is it some relation to getting served or something?

20. badger

Probably? It sounds about as catchy as "The Cashier" for Adrian Peterson. I hope Hoge abandoned that.