1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogging wimmens basketball

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by badger, Nov 27, 2009.

1. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

There wasn't a thread per se last year. There were multiple threads that irked a few mens bball fans, so I did a single thread this year to keep them happy cuz let's face it, there's more mens bball fans than womens bball fans and this is technically their area of the forum.

Then, the mens team became unbearable to keep track of and the womens team saw unpredictable levels of success, so it just kind of exploded - again.

But the important thing is... it was kept in check for awhile. :)

2. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

baj is cruel to her keyboards. :D

3. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

Badger after the Stanford game.

[​IMG]

4. badger

But how can I drink my Smirnoff Ice without hands or a face? :D

Oh and as the siggy says, I promised you all a contest to determine who the hottest in womens basketball is, and you'll get it next month. I'm only gonna do the 8 I've had requested over the years (top 4 are easy, bottom 4 were just mentions in passing).

OK, i'm gonna stop typing here now so I don't have to keep seeing that gif bleed everywhere :D

5. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That is SO effin' funny! (it's been on this board before, I think, but it IS a classic)

6. badger

btw, I don't really care this year because we don't have twin first rounders (har har, i said "twin" and they really are "twin," har har... lame yes i know) but the WNBA Draft just started.

Link to Espen

I will report any OU draftees, which I would not expect until the second round, truth be told. Hell, I don't even know if Amanda or Abi or Ny are interested in a pro bball career.

Yes, this is one of those things that makes womens basketball different. Most mens college ballers would love to play in the pro league, but women? Well, the pay ain't great and two of the teams moved/folded last season... token "yay tulsa" here.

7. badger

Good news after all - the Tulsa Shock took Amanda Thompson 19th overall

Linky

She was the fourth (I think) Big 12 player taken, behind Grffin of Nebbish, OSU's Riley and some Iowa State chick.

8. badger

Final update time - follow the link I posted above if you want more info.

Ny went to Phoenix (I think Ashley Paris is there now) and Abi went to Chicago, where Courtney went after the Sacramento folding.

Not sure what to think of their chances of making a roster. I hope Tulsa gives em consideration if they don't make the teams they were drafted to.

9. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I... might actually see a WNBA game with Amanda Thompson. She's one of my favorites.