1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 BCS Championship, Oregon vs Auburn

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by JLEW1818, Jan 9, 2011.

?

WHO WINS???

Poll closed Jan 11, 2011.
  1. OREGON

43.2%
  2. AUBURN

56.8%
  1. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

i'd say both defenses played well with the points scored vs. averages for the season

2. Gandalf_The_Grey

Gandalf_The_Grey SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You have to realize some of our fan bases consider anything over 100 yards and 3 points to be an epic defensive failure and calling for immediate termination of said Venables led defense!!

3. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Bout the only good thing was that Smarmy smirk that Kelly had on his face when he was running up the scores on other teams was not present in tonight's loss.

4. Okla-homey

Okla-homey SoonerFans.com Elite Member

There will be no further NCAA investigation or sanctioning.

The NCAA suits have apparently decided the game doesn't need another scandal of the Reggie Bush magnitude. The NCAA ruled, before the SEC conference championship, that Newton remained eligible because: 1) his dad's actions weren't his; 2) Newton didn't know about his dad's scheme, and; 3) there was no evidence AU offered or agreed to pay his dad anything.

Folks may not like it, but there it is.

5. Okla-homey

Okla-homey SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I quite agree. This game proved yet again, great defenses win championships.

6. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

..."But in the midst of top-ranked Auburn celebrating a national title for the first time in more than five decades after defeating Oregon 22-19 in Monday night’s BCS Championship Game, its star quarterback Cameron Newton made his way to the University of Phoenix Stadium’s east side and climbed in to the first row of the stands.

Frenzied Tigers fans crowded him as they slapped his shoulder pads, snapped his photograph and yelled, “We love you Cam!” During it all, he was oblivious.

Instead, Newton carefully scanned the crowd higher up in the stands before finally motioning passionately for someone to come to him. When that didn’t happen, he walked along a row of seats to the aisle.

And after charging up several more rows, Newton finally found what he was looking for — his controversial father, Cecil Newton Sr."-from article by Thayer Evans
    http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoo...ns-remain-after-championship-011011?GT1=39002

7. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

Pressure for a Playoff, baby!

8. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

I couldn't believe that when I saw it on replay. That's one of the dirtiest moves I've seen in a football game.

9. OUthunder

OUthunder Angry Bird

Cecil will be living the life real soon.

Fukkin scumbag!