1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 BCS Championship, Oregon vs Auburn

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by JLEW1818, Jan 9, 2011.

?

WHO WINS???

Poll closed Jan 11, 2011.
  1. OREGON

43.2%
  2. AUBURN

56.8%
  1. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

ESPN
    7:30 P.M. (central time)

THE POLL IS OPEN!!! GET YOUR VOTES IN!!!

What will happen: So what have we learned about the first 12 BCS championships?

1) The team that relies more on precision and timing tends to struggle after the long layoff. Whether it’s the record-setting Oklahoma attack in the 2009 BCS Championship loss to Florida, or Florida State in the 2001 Orange Bowl against Oklahoma, or even Ohio State, whose passing game fizzled, along with everything else, in the 2007 loss to the Gators, the team with the fewer moving parts tends to come out on top. Both teams are flashy, but Auburn can co Cam left, Cam right, Cam up the middle. Advantage Auburn.

2) Usually, defenses win championships when it comes to the national title. That doesn’t really apply here, but Oregon’s is better. Advantage Ducks. />
    3) Running backs don’t matter as much as quarterbacks. With the exception of the 2000 Sugar Bowl, when Michael Vick’s Virginia Tech lost to Florida State, who had Chris Weinke, the team that gets the better quarterback play, wins. Advantage Auburn.

4) The SEC doesn’t lose. Tennessee kicked it all off with a win over Florida State in the 1999, LSU beat Oklahoma in 2003, and it’s been all SEC over the last four years. There have been 12 BCS Championships and six have been won by the SEC, going a perfect 6-0. You don’t mess with a streak. Advantage Auburn.

Oregon’s offense will move at times, but the problem with going as fast as the Duck offense does is that the three-and-outs come in a hiccup. Newton will overcome some early problems to get the ground game going, while the beef of the Tiger offensive front will slowly take over as the game goes on. Oregon will get a quick strike and a little momentum, and then let the coronation begin. SEC, it’ll still be your world, and we’re all just taking up space.

CFN Prediction: Auburn 38 … Oregon 26 ... Line: Auburn -2.5

2. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

IMO Auburn will be too tough up front, Auburn wins by 8-12

3. JLEW1818

i think the UNDER 74 is a lock...

OU/FL was like 71

4. rekamrettuB

rekamrettuB New Member

I got Oregon. This much time to prepare for a one man show on offense favors Oregon. It's really a toss up to me. Take under 1st half and over 2nd half.

5. JLEW1818

i think Oregon is very similar to the OU 2008 offense. The layoff will hurt.

6. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Oregon might score 60 on this AU D. Ducks 58 Tigers 42. :D

7. JLEW1818

i'm really thinking about betting 3 bills on the under 74

only thing that scares me is an overtime

8. spatton713

spatton713 New Member

ill do it if you do it

9. reflector

reflector Well-Known Member

I think Auburn will win.

10. JLEW1818

why bet agianst the SEC in Championship games... i mean they have only won the last 4

but i do think Chip Kelly is a better coach than Iowa State guy

11. soonergirlNeugene

soonergirlNeugene New Member

I'll be rooting for Oregon. I'm worried though that this will be another one of those matchups that looks close on paper, but the SEC runs away with after kickoff.

12. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Who wuz the bastage that were gonna remind me to put up Bets at the Hideout?

Ok whats the Spread? Im guessin the U/O is 74
    Give me some mo Prop bets

13. JLEW1818

i don't think this Oregon team is anything close the the USC 04/05 teams.

this might be the worse SEC defense in a Title game tho.

14. JLEW1818

15. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

16. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Pull for the cheatin cheaters or the sec...blah

17. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The long delay favors Auburn, IMO. All that time allows the Auburn D to dream up ways to disrupt the UO option read. No amount of time is going to help stop what Cam Newton can do on instinct. I have a feeling the Duck scheme is somewhat "fragile" in that if they can't run effectively, then they can't pass. Auburn knows how to stop the run. In some ways, I think OU would be a better matchup against Auburn because we can line up and pass effectively when the D knows it's coming and that Auburns' biggest weakness. A stout run defense is wasted on us :)

18. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

I don't know why, but I think Oregon is going to win this, and in the end fairly comfortably. A two-score win.

Both teams will score some points. If 74 is the O/U, I'd be pretty tempted to go with the O.

19. OUEngr1990

OUEngr1990 New Member

I think Auburn will win. Scam Newton is a hell of an athlete, and they will have trouble stopping him all night long. Kinda rootin for the underdogs, Oregon though. But it's hard me me to root for either team, because I don't like either one.

20. Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman "Love me two times, baby. Love me twice today..."

^^^^^^^ Right on!