1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogging wimmens basketball

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by badger, Nov 27, 2009.

1. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

If it was mens they'd be missing dunks instead of layups. :)

EDIT: And doesn't this make you excited about the possibility of beating Stanford this year? All we have to do is make it by short speedy UK tonight. pleasepleasepleaseplease

2. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Kentucky's tallest starter is 6'1"? Wow. It will be an interesting game...

3. badger

to be fair, we only beat that by a few inches (Abi is 6'3") but other than that girl I named, all of their other starters are 5'6" to 5'1", according to SS.com.

My guess is were gonna be facing the Phoenix Suns pre-Shaq. Really fast both ways but live or die by the 3. If we can stick a hand in their face every time they're about to shoot one, we'll probably block a lot and win by 30.

pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease :O

4. oumartin

oumartin New Member

Quick athletic teams have given Sherri teams fits in the past. I'm hoping thats not the case tonight. Pluse why have her teams been so turnover prone? those two things right there make me a little worried.

Kentucky was making everything they put up the other night so hopefully they can't be that hot two games in a row.

All that said I think it's a double digit OU win.

5. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

6. badger

Leaf, we already exceeded expectations in so many ways this season. Hell, we really scared UConn earlier this year. They were behind in the second half?! omg! :D

And just like we got very little respect during the year, the disrespect continues - they named just one player an All-American on our team, and that was THIRD team. D-Rob. Congrats to her, but no love for her awesome teammates?!

Also, for those of you that hate all the late tourney games (ME!!!!) get used to it. Our potential final games are all starting 6 or later!

Tonight: 8:07 p.m. (all times Oklahoma time)
    Final Four: 6 p.m. or 8:30 p.m.
    Championship: 7:30 p.m.

And really, I don't mind that UConn is the unquestioned winner of the trophy at this point. I just want our team to GET a trophy! Think about it - no Big 12 regular season (Nebbish), no Big 12 conference tourney (Texas A&M). All we've been able to do thus far is cut down our own nets in Norman for the first two rounds.

We win tonite, we get our first actual trophy of the season for being Regional Champs.

:les: TROPHY, DAMMIT! I wanna TROPHY! [hairGel]

:)

7. Mmmm, women's basketball, ahhhhh...

SicEmBaylor likes this.
  8. badger

We tamed the mildcats.
    [​IMG]
    I will have plenty more to say tomorrow. What a season to start this little blog thingie, no?

9. SoonerInKCMO

SoonerInKCMO SoonerFans.com Elite Member

She punches like a girl though. ;)

10. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Griner is like Juwanna Mann...except bigger and manlier.

11. I would like to know about the Brittany Griner story. I think she's quite an athletic, pretty girl.

tommieharris91 likes this.
  12. Jello Biafra

Jello Biafra New Member

you would.

13. badger

It is my goal to have you all hating Stanford as much as I do by the end of the week.

There is absolutely nothing bad to say about Kentucky, especially if you want to see Pat Summitt squirm a little more during the regular season. LSU has come and gone (thanks to a coaching issue involving dating players, ewwwwww) as have other SEC programs that have been vying to dethrone Rocky Top, but Kentucky seems to have a good coach since he apparently loves Sherri Coale (although I must question the pink heart drawn around "Kentucky" on his lockerroom white board, haha) and with the success of their men's program, perhaps their fanbase will support another good UK team. Or perhaps, it'll be another Duke :rolleyes:

Turnover queen: D-Rob (6)
    She had six assists, so it can be forgiven... for now ;)

Foul happy: D-Rob (out)
    This can also be forgiven, because the refs were calling the most touchie sh!tty fouls ever, including her fifth. She laughed the entire way off the court and Sherri gave her a hug, so I don't think this really warrants much worry.

Player of the game: Nyeshia ****ing Stevenson
    Once again, yes. 31 points, 5 steals in 39 minutes. She must be tired. Good thing we're off till Sunday, amirite? Definitely the reason we were able to overcome an early 13-point deficit (that, and Sherri's "Let's just get on the bus and go home now" timeout speech)

Honorable mention: Carlee
    I think I dropped a dozen f-bombs at the ESPN commentators for pointing out - the third game in a row - about Carlee's brother. It follows this script about:

ESPN: Just in case you're wondering, yes, Carlee's brother is Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburg Steelers quarterback. Blah blah sex scandal, blah blah stands by brother, blah blah why do we keep mentioning this in the same words every game?

Stop it, ESPN. You're so full of sh!t. The audacity you have of continuing to mention this - the audicity of you guys showing Stacey Dales after you wouldn't give her equal treatment as her male counterparts (I was giggling at the thought of Stacey giving an icy stare to an ESPN reporter asking her for an interview during the game, hehe).

More on Carlee - she has been playing extremely well on defense away from the rim. Her poise through this constant Big Ben talk has been admirable. Her play on the court has been just as good. Keep it up!

Final: OU 88, UK 68

So anyway, onto hating Stanford, and hate Stanford you will. Here is a preview of what I will toss at you this week:

You WILL hate Tara Vanderveer:
    [​IMG]

You WILL hate the Stanford mascot:
    [​IMG]

You WILL hate the Stanford band:
    [​IMG]

Nothing short of absolute and utter hatred of Stanford will be considered a success this week.

On a side note, what a great year to start this blog thing. :D

14. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

Carlee needs to work on her shooting.

15. Jello Biafra

Jello Biafra New Member

i wouldn't consider them brad armpitss but those dudes are kinda smoking....

i mean whats not to like? you have the dude that used to be married to the pretty woman on one end and ellen degeneregresses at the other.

16. oumartin

oumartin New Member

I'll give Carlee some private lessons!

17. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

whoa, thats what got Ben into trouble

18. Jello Biafra

Jello Biafra New Member

she'd hurt you dude.

19. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner New Member

I didn't necessarily mind losing to Stanford because other than Brook Icantake687459stepsandnotgetcalledfortraveling Smith, I didn't have much problem with how the games were called, & for the most part, the better team won.

The thing that I did have a MAJOR issue with, however, was when Vanderveer accused OU (& specifically Sherri for teaching her players to do it) of intentionally trying to take out one of her players (IIRC, it was Caulfield who was involved in the incident but not totally sure). I SOOO enjoyed it when the next time the 2 teams met, Sherri was sure she'd be asked about that play, & had a tape of it on hand ready to play. You could hear TV's navel pucker from the coast when somebody actually had the au-frickin-dacity to stand up to her.

20. oumartin

oumartin New Member

I hope so! :D