1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogging wimmens basketball

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by badger, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Jello Biafra

Jello Biafra New Member

lol

2. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Don't worry - I will be sure to include Carlee in the postseason "hottest of ou womens basketball" bracket.

3. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Carlee might be a lot of things. Ben's sister, an OU BB player, caucasian, right handed, female, brunette, and a funny last name. However, one of the things she most certainly is not is "hott." In reality, she's kind of homely.

4. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

[​IMG]

I don't know about homely... She's pretty cute!

5. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

I can't even see her cause of that grill.

I'll put it this way - she is not a pretty woman. Cute? If you say so.

6. badger

that pic is not a very good one. i'll post more :les: WHEN THE SEASON IS OVER [hairGel]

7. ...sooner

...sooner New Member

Yes that one was NOT a good picture. i see her out at some of the same places i go & shes quite pretty. IMO

8. Sooner04

Sooner04 New Member

I saw Carlee at Passionberri one time after a game. Cute girl, but extremely nice. Shockingly nice, and extremely engaging. I've rooted for her ever since.

9. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Oh I'm not knocking her in any way. I'm just saying she's not hott. She's cute...kinda...and I'm sure she's very engaging and all that groovy stuff. She has a rich brother (which is a plus I guess) but she kind of scares me every time she touches the ball, and I guess I have to gauge my OU girls hotness on girls like Stacey Dales, Krista Sanchez, and of course Sherri. It's not her fault that the measuring stick is so tall.

10. badger

You all better be back to participate in the poll when I put it up, or it will be a one-time thing ;)

11. badger

12. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Honestly I havent been this proud of a team and surprised by a team since my Beloved Cardinals won the World Series in 06'...completely unexpected

13. badger

Awesome note from Caton Hill stationed in Afghanistan:

Link

I'm glad she mentioned a player I completely forgot about - Stephanie Luce. There was a time when she was a fan-favorite amongst the guys around me. She was not a starter, but everyone loved her name.

14. badger

I envy all of you in the Norman area that will be able to attend the send-off at 3:30 today.

Link

Also, for more reading than I can provide even in my lengthiest of posts here, click here to read about the bittersweet second trip to the Final Four for returning players, click here to read about how OU overcame losses from last season to this season, click here for a preview of (I HATE) Stanford, and finally, I referenced the story of Sherri learning what her first salary as OU womens basketball coach would be on another thread, so click here to read about it yourself :)

15. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That was an incredible read. I have so much admiration for those in service, and even a little envy...

Also, Caton is hot. I had a big crush on her when she played. :O I got to talk to her a bit at Stacy Dales' birthday party (in 02 I believe) and she was very nice, even though I was drunk and fumbling with my words a bit.

Jello Biafra likes this.
  16. badger

[​IMG]

No fooling, we've played Stanford six times total and only won twice, both in the same season, both in Norman. Not only were our losses since those victories season-ending because they were in the tourney, they were embarrassing. Lop-sided. Not evens close. We were overmatched, even if people thought we would win 'em. If we won in 2004, we would have returned to Norman for the next two rounds, to be able to play for a Final Four berth at home.

We were never in the games and their fans were impolite spoiled wannabe Ivy leaguers that did some stupid caveman dance to our school song while chanting "It doesn't ****ing matter" during our final timeouts of the game. The difference between Baylor's Behemoth and CP3? Stanford band was mocking CP3 as she was leaving the court after the 2006 loss. Britney Griner would have turned and decked 'em. CP3 calmly walked by, not reacting to the jeering, not even acknowledging what they were doing to mock her.

17. Jello Biafra

Jello Biafra New Member

ok. starting to feel it now.....MORE

18. Jello Biafra

Jello Biafra New Member

reading that blog made me get kind of misty a bit. i remember those times in the sand...the lonliest feeling in the world to be honest with you. the highlight of your day is mail call and bed... missing everyone and everything you've ever known.

19. NMSooner'80

NMSooner'80 Member

I didn't know that, but I'm also not surprised. The Stanford folks I saw in El Paso at the Sun Bowl were obnoxious, elitist, Ivy League types. It didn't help my mood any that they were being aided and abetted by a bunch of UT-wannabes from El Paso, who were hell-bent on making the OU-Stanford football game into the Red River Rivalry II.

20. badger

Texas fans are like cockroaches - they've spread far and wide and are seen everywhere, regardless of the game or circumstances.

If you have been following my shoddily-drawn cartoons, you may have noticed the one after the Nebraska game - part one was all of the nice Nebraska fans nice-ing us into not being able to hate them. Part two was the Texas fan that was chanting "5 and 4! 5 and 4!"

I wouldn't let NP deck him, but I hope one of you that didn't have a wifey clutching your hand to prevent violence took care of the whorn for him :D

Another true story from 2004 - the group of Sooner fans I attended the game in Tempe with were approached by someone who said he was a freshman in the Stanford band. He said it was tradition for freshmen band members to give opposing fans nachos during games, like as a goodwill gesture. Being nice Oklahoma fans, we accepted the gift and thanked him... then stared at the nachos, wondering wtf the Stanford band did to them before they gave them to us.

The hungriest member of our fan group ate them. He also ate the next nacho delivery. He is alive and well to my knowledge, so it might have just been a head game they were playing. It definitely worked.